PDA

View Full Version : "I'm in it for the community"

lukee
10-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Am I the only one who find people who say this in an invite request or give away completely retarded? Whats the point of giving an invite to a person who is more in it for the forums then for the actual files? Isn't the point of a tracker to download and contribute to the trackers peer network?

Just a thought.

IdolEyes787
10-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Not every tracker has the same goals.While it's true by definition that is a tracker's raison d'etre,at some the idea of fellowship is taken a lot more seriously than at others.
If that isn't what you are looking for fine,but allow that others might not share the same view.

Just a side note. Didn't you want to quit FST supposedly for the very thing that you are doing here?Or isn't inferring other people are retarded being rude?

C.H.A.O.S
10-08-2008, 07:22 PM
No, you aren't the only only one saying that. torrent sites should be used as 90% tracker and 10% forums. As i'm there for downloading and be a part of a community which all his members are found in the other torrent sites. If I want to find a very real community then there are a lot of more places.

respawn40
10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, that's thinking of it as strictly a service, and only the tracker part of the website; not the whole website. If someone wishes to be incredibly more active in the forums of a private bittorrent community than downloading files, then I don't see a problem with that. Everybody has different reasons for wanting to join a site. Some people are forum/IRC addicts, and want to be in a private place where they can talk to others.

However, putting something along the lines of "I want *insert private bittorrent community here* because of the community", wouldn't ever sway my decision to invite somebody or not; I would base that on how much I know them, how dependable they are, etc. People think putting that in helps their chances of getting into a site, but it really doesn't.

So yes, the point of a tracker is to download and contribute files over a peer network. Trackers, however, are just one aspect of a private bittorrent site. The word "tracker" is often used to mean the entire website.

Artemis
10-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Am I the only one who find people who say this in an invite request or give away completely retarded? Whats the point of giving an invite to a person who is more in it for the forums then for the actual files? Isn't the point of a tracker to download and contribute to the trackers peer network?

Just a thought.

Why don't you ask the tracker staff that question ? They are the ones after all that created a private community for members to come & share files, did they set up forums and an irc channel to simply bathe in the glory of the ignorance of the members who can't even be bothered to say 'hi', 'thanks', or 'kiss my arse'. This is a file sharing community and alot of effort goes into designing building and maintaining these websites. There are some that want a community, a small group of known users. Yet funnily enough, these small community trackers for the very reason that they want to be a small closed community are the ones that are so highly prized by the traders who have zero intention of being a part of that community,they're just there for teh filez man!
It is a selfish attitude like yours that your just there for the files which is slowly grinding the community down, I have seen many dedicated staff & uploaders who have put alot of effort in simply leave because of this give me it now I want it all attitude, which is killing the sense of community.
The people who design and maintain these websites do not do it sheerly for your entertainment, if that was the case why even bloody bother, just whack them all up on rapidshare or a private ftp where an anonymous leechfest can happen. NO the point of the bit torrent community is to be a member of the site, any noddy can be a good user by leaving his client running and uploading the files he has downloaded, thats the whole point of the bit torrent protocol, that a swarm of peers speeds up the data transfer because it comes from many different sources, so just being a good user by seeding files isn't exactly an IQ test, the point of the sites is more than that, and if you took the time to look you would find that out.

Dahg
10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
community is a relative term. it could mean downloading. it could mean forums. it could mean security. it could mean emotional support. lol... many people have different opinions on this.

puckface
10-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Community is pretty much a bullshit reason for people who want to get into trackers. Have been a member at certain "community based" trackers, there is not one of them whos forums are dead, IRC is very sporadic and no one thanks anyone for uploads. I fail to see how that is a "community".

Of course there are always exceptions, but that's my experience as a whole. And wow, a halfway constructive comment from me.

1000possibleclaws
10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
on kraytracker almost everyone thanks for uploads :) That's prob the best community tracker I know of, but then again most people on here wouldn't care about that kind of community, cause most of you seem to be DJ's

Swift
10-08-2008, 08:00 PM
never heard of a guy to be active only in forum and not in torrents.. thats really lame it`s one thing to thank and participate in forum and what you sayd

integral
10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm guessing most people mention their apparent desire to be in a community because they believe it makes them appear more deserving. "Community-based" trackers tend to be small, because staff on those trackers have realized that the majority of people that use private trackers don't give two fucks about the other people on the tracker, so long as they get their files.

There's nothing really wrong with not participating in social aspects of a tracker, depending on the tracker in question. Let's take ScT for example; the known "community" is almost nonexistent, save the staff, a few posters in forums/irc, trolls, and some 4chan lurkers. That being said, is it perfectly fine to avoid all socializing with the people on ScT just to concentrate on getting the files? I'll let you be the judge.

It all goes back to what tracker management has deemed a good user. On most trackers, being a good user simply means respecting rules and maintaining ratio requirements. On other, smaller trackers that are requested frequently around here, being a good user means being an actual member of the tracker; socializing with the people, and other contributions besides seeding back to 1.00.

There'll always be the collectors who are swayed by the "levels," but if you're actually honest to yourself, and only care about the newest 0day leet scenestuff, then don't go after trackers where that's all that matters.

Eargasm
10-08-2008, 08:36 PM
forums != community

I think the big mistake of thinking that community means forums. In a great community, the forum probably is great, but more importantly everyone there cares about the tracker.

The encoders care (and are usually abundant and timely in their rips), the sceners care (equals good pretimes), the uploaders in general all care.

In a good community you will see people seeding 147 torrents on one tracker even though their ratio is already balls out insanely awesome. They love the site, that is why they continue to seed.

Additionally, in a great community, you will be communicating with other people who also love the tracker. This includes 'thank yous', ratings, and useful comments on torrents (sometimes constructive criticism), and yes quite often the forums.

I want in for the community... great community = resourceful tracker

On the contrary, a tracker with a bad community is a site with few torrents where nobody seeds and nobody cares except the site staff.

danio
10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
forums != community

I think the big mistake of thinking that community means forums. In a great community, the forum probably is great, but more importantly everyone there cares about the tracker.

The encoders care (and are usually abundant and timely in their rips), the sceners care (equals good pretimes), the uploaders in general all care.

In a good community you will see people seeding 147 torrents on one tracker even though their ratio is already balls out insanely awesome. They love the site, that is why they continue to seed.

Additionally, in a great community, you will be communicating with other people who also love the tracker. This includes 'thank yous', ratings, and useful comments on torrents (sometimes constructive criticism), and yes quite often the forums.

On the contrary, a tracker with a bad community is a site with few torrents where nobody seeds and nobody cares except the site staff.

i agree on all of this, but still the attitude the users has towards eachother, and not the least the attitude of the staff plays a big role too in my book.. here's where friendly irc and forums comes in.. but all of the above is true and is the most important things.

magushun
10-08-2008, 08:45 PM
community can be really nice at some sites, although most people are just hypocrite with this community thing, but be honest, do you have any time for being part of a torrent community, when you go to school, have a job, have a girlfriend, got a hobby and likes to sleep? no... you just maintain your fav sites and the ones with good content and thats all...

pedobear
10-08-2008, 08:52 PM
non-english speaking users sometimes just dont fit in the community even if they really wanted to, sometimes its just not possible for the non english speaking user to type what he/she thinks of the subject in proper english . :0verlookedsubject:

i think its people like these that fill most of the top level community torrent sites :gamessection: playing one word games , counting numbers etc trying to fit in ,but veiwed as useless spam by the staff

cant blame staff or those poor users for it :lol:

flashback3r
10-08-2008, 08:55 PM

Just a thought.

Yeah, i agree with you to some point.

But the trackers i love the most have a good community, besides the torrents. You can find the file on many places but the hole community besides the files makes it great, and that you can't find everywhere

EDIT: sry for bad english, i really tired...

kooftspc11
10-08-2008, 08:56 PM
im in it for the mad bitchez, yo!!

magushun
10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
pedobear: you are so right. I only know a few trackers, which have good forums, not just "rate the avatar of the guy above you" kind of topics. For example if you say you are at KG for the community, I can accept that, because the people there are such movie addicts... if you say you are at iFi (or how they like to be called) for the community, well... not a member there, cant judge...

flashback3r
10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
forums != community

Well said. I totally agree

Artemis
10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
im in it for the mad bitchez, yo!!

but you are one :cool::naughty:

Something Else
10-08-2008, 10:03 PM
So she's in it for herself. :O

kooftspc11
10-08-2008, 10:40 PM
So she's in it for herself. :O

sounds about right

ftnftw
10-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm in it so I can leech some dvds and some nice trance and house.

killercam101
10-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I joined fst for the community <3

lukee
10-08-2008, 11:55 PM

Just a thought.

Why don't you ask the tracker staff that question ? They are the ones after all that created a private community for members to come & share files, did they set up forums and an irc channel to simply bathe in the glory of the ignorance of the members who can't even be bothered to say 'hi', 'thanks', or 'kiss my arse'. This is a file sharing community and alot of effort goes into designing building and maintaining these websites. There are some that want a community, a small group of known users. Yet funnily enough, these small community trackers for the very reason that they want to be a small closed community are the ones that are so highly prized by the traders who have zero intention of being a part of that community,they're just there for teh filez man!
It is a selfish attitude like yours that your just there for the files which is slowly grinding the community down, I have seen many dedicated staff & uploaders who have put alot of effort in simply leave because of this give me it now I want it all attitude, which is killing the sense of community.
The people who design and maintain these websites do not do it sheerly for your entertainment, if that was the case why even bloody bother, just whack them all up on rapidshare or a private ftp where an anonymous leechfest can happen. NO the point of the bit torrent community is to be a member of the site, any noddy can be a good user by leaving his client running and uploading the files he has downloaded, thats the whole point of the bit torrent protocol, that a swarm of peers speeds up the data transfer because it comes from many different sources, so just being a good user by seeding files isn't exactly an IQ test, the point of the sites is more than that, and if you took the time to look you would find that out.

That's why I'm active in the forums of every tracker I'm on, that's why I've been an FLS and uploader on a few sites. Before you start makeing random accusations get your facts straight. Half of the forum posts on trackers are from topics like "last person to post wins", "post your desktop", "what kind of dysplay do you have" etc. A user who wants to really contribute to the wellbeing of the tracker keeps his torrents seeding for weeks. I'm not saying its bad to post in the forums. I'm just saying is that its really annoying when some idiot says "I want it for the community !!11!1one!!1". Its a huge ass lie. When a person says that, they are clearly saying: I rather add my contribution to the dekstop thread instead of downloading that pack and help seed it. A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off. Everyone benefits from that.

IdolEyes787
10-08-2008, 11:59 PM
A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off. Everyone benefits from that.

Especially the ones who have trouble maintaining a minimum ratio I'm sure.

tX
10-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Agree with OP, most of the time, I interpret 'I want it for the community!' as 'I want it for the rarity!'

integral
10-09-2008, 12:12 AM
A user who wants to really contribute to the wellbeing of the tracker keeps his torrents seeding for weeks.
A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off. Everyone benefits from that.

Smaller trackers that are better known for the socializing aspect of the site, usually contain people who are already competent and seed things for a long time.

Don't worry young padawan. When your leet userbar sig grows, realize the truth you will.

lukee
10-09-2008, 12:31 AM

I excellent ratios on hard to seed trackers like SCC and ScT. Saing your connection is crappy is no excuse.

pone44
10-09-2008, 01:09 AM
I see the term community as being a small user-base but fast Dl-Up speeds and lot of content.A Friendly forum is a plus. :)

Just a thought.

IdolEyes787
10-09-2008, 01:27 AM

I excellent ratios on hard to seed trackers like SCC and ScT. Saing your connection is crappy is no excuse.

Repeat that in English if you don't mind.

My connection and ratios are fine if that's what you were inferring.
I simply think people with less than ideal situations should be helped as much as possible and not penalized by seedwhores simply set on increasing their e-penises(or vaginas as the case may be) .

TheFoX
10-09-2008, 03:04 AM
Torrent communities are like cars. They all get you from A to B, but each one does it slightly differently.

Do you want a rugged vehicle. How about 4 wheel drive.

How good do you want your stereo system?

What about comfort? I'll go for the heated and ventilated seats please.

What about a sunshine roof, or no roof at all?

In other words, while all torrent communities offer the file sharing service, each one will offer something else, depending on the tastes of the members joining and staying.

Two communities that have the community flavour, yet are quite different in how their communities interact, are FSC and Wheel Mods. Both have a community, yet both communities are as different as chalk and cheese.

Choosing your community is like choosing your car. Is it a BMW, or a Merc, or a Subaru, or a Jaguar, or an Aston Martin, or a Ford, or a VolksWagon, or a Chevrolet, or a... You get the picture.

Some like ScT, or FSC, or FTN, or TL, or TPB, or... You get the picture.

At the end of the day, it is not what the community offers, but whether what they offer is what you want. Not every community is for everyone, and not everyone wants the same.

To compare communities is to compare cars, and it doesn't matter what we drive, we will all disagree.

TP635
10-09-2008, 03:05 AM
I hardly post in any trackers' forum. I am too stupid to use the IRC; but I make it a point to comment and say a few words of thanks for every torrent that I download.
I seed what I download until there is no space in my drive.

Am I 'community' enough, or am I anti-community?

Artemis
10-09-2008, 05:08 AM

That's why I'm active in the forums of every tracker I'm on, that's why I've been an FLS and uploader on a few sites. Before you start makeing random accusations get your facts straight. Half of the forum posts on trackers are from topics like "last person to post wins", "post your desktop", "what kind of dysplay do you have" etc. A user who wants to really contribute to the wellbeing of the tracker keeps his torrents seeding for weeks. I'm not saying its bad to post in the forums. I'm just saying is that its really annoying when some idiot says "I want it for the community !!11!1one!!1". Its a huge ass lie. When a person says that, they are clearly saying: I rather add my contribution to the dekstop thread instead of downloading that pack and help seed it. A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off. Everyone benefits from that.

I actually made this comment for the simple reason that the word community has become warped from what it should mean to something else, you now have two sharp divisions, those who run around saying I want to be apart of this or that forum or tracker for the community without even having the slightest clue what community is about, and a surprising number of these community members mangle the shit out of the english language using an online translator, now those people really do piss me off. But there is the other side of the coin too, those who laugh at community or deride the small community based trackers because they don't have the pre time of SCC or ScT, this group, the collectors I also find to be idiots because they build up the next tracker to be some kind of nirvana, and once there do very little with the a/c, and when they gain access to the smaller community based trackers which are more about a group sharing their own stuff, then they feel ripped off that it isn't what they thought it would be, and definitely isn't what they were searching for in a torrent website in the first place.
As retro said there are many different styles of trackers (or cars) so there are many different flavors out there, I like you have been fls and and an uploader, I contribute help where I can, spam like a pro when the occasion arises, but if it is a moronic topic or I don't have anything to say then I wont, but I enjoy the 'community' feel of torrent trackers and getting to know others, if not I would sod off and get a newsgroup a/c, it sure is cheaper than a seedbox.

pone44
10-09-2008, 05:29 AM
I do not know of a site that wants it's forum to be ignored. Seems the opposite.

1000possibleclaws
10-09-2008, 05:48 AM
the best communities are on specialized sites that specialize in the stuff you love. at least those ones mean the most to me

puckface
10-09-2008, 06:48 AM
the best communities are on specialized sites that specialize in the stuff you love. at least those ones mean the most to me

now someones got it right. I concur.

soulreaper
10-09-2008, 07:13 AM
"Community", a term very loosely thrown around to gain access to the secret trackers high up on the WTAW.

Lukee, I'd like to ask you what else could these guys say to get into these uber-duper-super secret trackers, afterall "community" is all they have to offer? :lol:

The funniest part is how the tracker staff feel the need to defend their mediocre sites(shitty content) by hailing their "community". Comparing trackers to cars,fantastic analogy,hmm only problem is it's a godamn website at the end of the day.

Have quality websites such as KG,Waffles,Goem ever got recognition for their highly erudite and knowledgeable communities?NO! They don't use "community" to hide their mediocrity!

Go ahead and argue all you want, but everyone knows what's going around here. Kojin summed it up beautifully for me,too bad his sticky got deleted.

peat moss
10-09-2008, 07:27 AM
forums != community

Well said as with out the community you have no forum . I'm old school yes but learned sharing way before a ratio was required , it was common sense . Something taught years earlier , " share with others " >3

Funkin'
10-09-2008, 09:02 AM
"Community", a term very loosely thrown around to gain access to the secret trackers high up on the WTAW.

Lukee, I'd like to ask you what else could these guys say to get into these uber-duper-super secret trackers, afterall "community" is all they have to offer? :lol:

The funniest part is how the tracker staff feel the need to defend their mediocre sites(shitty content) by hailing their "community".

Very well said.

Disme
10-09-2008, 09:14 AM
A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off.

And that's where you prove you don't know squad when it comes to the true nature of filesharing. :rolleyes:

You do't need to have a seedbox to maintain a good ratio at a 'hard to seed' tracker ... you just have to be experienced in torrenting, and when you are you know what torrents you should download at what trackers.
You shouldn't be downloading a 50GB-torrent on a hard to seed tracker if you know there will only be about 5 snatches from members with seedboxes. You get that at a tracker like TL and not on a tracker like ScT.

You can say you want to be loyal to 'your hard to seed tracker' and download everything from there but that's just plain stupid and the tracker won't benefit squad from you downloading such a torrent, since you will have a horrible ratio on it due to your 'crappy' home connection, except when you have a massive HDD and can keep this seeded for an extended period of time.

You claim to have good ratio's at trackers that are 'difficult' to maintain good ratio's at, but based on your redicoulous statement I quoted you are using a seedbox for it ... I'm sorry m8, I have decent ratio's at my 'hard to seed' trackers too and didn't have to use a seedbox for it.

The satisfaction you get when seeding from your home-connection and obtaining this or that 'member-class' is a much higher than using some seedbox with an rss or irc-feed that downloads everything automatically and ups a TB in about one week when configured correctly. I can say that because I have the experience of a home-connection and the use of a seedbox.

I don't say using a seedbox is wrong, hell I'm doing it myself sometimes, but statements like the one I quoted above are sheer bullshite :frusty:

To the OP ... if you wanted your account deleted, why are you still posting here :dabs: In fact this 'community-topic' has been posted in the very near past by a member named squizzle ... I'm surprised people that answered in his thread still bother to answer in this 100th dupe/recycled one too.
Seems like a waist of time imo.

stroj
10-09-2008, 09:24 AM
If that works for someone, i dont really care..

pedobear
10-09-2008, 05:17 PM
A really good member rents a seedbox and seeds his ass off.

The satisfaction you get when seeding

:dabs:

http://www.texaschapbookpress.com/magellanslog96/insanities/handpenises.jpg

Polarbear
10-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Am I the only one who find people who say this in an invite request or give away completely retarded?

people will and can say whatever they want. they do it, because they think it rises the chance of being invited.

the people who trust people with shitty requests are the retarded ones.

there are still requests like: "can i have it, plzzzzz. i want good community...." that are getting filled. many people here don't care who they invite. it's just about the rep points or the trading offer.

if some people i consider friends in the bt world ask me for an invite, i'd never ask them back why they want it. i'd just give it to them because i know how they behave on their sites and i trust them.

the only way to get to know people is via forums and/or irc.

so the community factor is important. especially on small, secure sites. if you don't take part in forum activities people will never know you hence trust you.

on small sites i'd rather invite someone who doesn't just buffer his account, but conrtributes with good forum posts. for the simple fact that he meets new people and old members.

if you can be proud to mention that you invited your invitee to the site, then you chose a good one.

if you have to ask for screenshots or speedtests you didn't choose the right one.

Disme
10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
The satisfaction you get when seeding

You shouldn't quote things out of their context just to be able to post some retarded picture in the hopes someone will notice your incredible sense of humour and sent you an invite to one of your 'dream'-trackers.:rolleyes:

Maybe you should have stayed in Mexico :dry:

Polarbear
10-09-2008, 06:52 PM

i agree, i really like communties like E****, where the forums aren't filled with spamming kids. on specialized sites people have something in common, something to talk about. they can discuss serious topics with like minded people and don't get bored and start playing forum games with one word replies.

i really dislike kids who just post to show how active they are in the community, but don't have anything to say. they're also known as postcount spammers.

pedobear
10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Am I the only one who find people who say this in an invite request or give away completely retarded?

people will and can say whatever they want. they do it, because they think it rises the chance of being invited.

the people who trust people with shitty requests are the retarded ones.

there are still requests like: "can i have it, plzzzzz. i want good community...." that are getting filled. many people here don't care who they invite. it's just about the rep points or the trading offer.

if some people i consider friends in the bt world ask me for an invite, i'd never ask them back why they want it. i'd just give it to them because i know how they behave on their sites and i trust them.

the only way to get to know people is via forums and/or irc.

so the community factor is important. especially on small, secure sites. if you don't take part in forum activities people will never know you hence trust you.

on small sites i'd rather invite someone who doesn't just buffer his account, but conrtributes with good forum posts. for the simple fact that he meets new people and old members.

if you can be proud to mention that you invited your invitee to the site, then you chose a good one.

if you have to ask for screenshots or speedtests you didn't choose the right one.

you typed all that in a notepad first ? ffs :glag:

You shouldn't quote things out of their context just to be able to post some retarded picture in the hopes someone will notice your incredible sense of humour and sent you an invite to one of your 'dream'-trackers.:rolleyes:

Maybe you should have stayed in Mexico :dry:

its pretty obvious here who the desperate one is :rolleyes:

Disme
10-09-2008, 08:13 PM
its pretty obvious here who the desperate one is :rolleyes:

Your name says it all :wank:
Welcome to my ignore-list.

TheFoX
10-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Comparing trackers to cars,fantastic analogy,hmm only problem is it's a godamn website at the end of the day.

And that is the greatest irony.

If you have no interest in websites, why even bother having an internet connection. After all, it is webservers all around the world that feed and mirror content for us to use. Mail servers facilitate email delivery. FTP servers allow direct access to files.

In other words, the fact that you have seen fit to post a response at this webserver (using the forum frontend supplied) means that you interact with websites.

I know people who don't drive, and who have no interest in cars whatsoever (they use peddle power). To them, they are only cars ffs. On the flipside, others will be totally loyal to the manufacturer of their dream car, whether it be Mercs, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Fords, Subaru's or whatever they decide to drive.

If people here honestly felt that websites warranted the most cursory glances, then things such as blogs, forum communities, facebook, and other mediums for communicating, would all fall into disuse.

The simple fact is that torrent communities, like any other type of website, are in demand. You only have to read the invites section of this board to see how many people want this, that or the other website (regardless of why they want it).

People have even been known to try and trade their accounts on eBay. Surely that proves that they aren't JUST websites, the same as they aren't JUST cars, or they aren't JUST mobile phones.

Think of websites as just another form of collectables, like stamps or football cards. Check out your bookmarks and tell me how many different sites you have bookmarked. Is it less than ten, or more than fifty? Some people need a bookmark manager to handle all their bookmarks, and some people use different browsers to handle different websites.

Just a website? Yeah, right!

soulreaper
10-10-2008, 05:25 AM
Comparing trackers to cars,fantastic analogy,hmm only problem is it's a godamn website at the end of the day.

If you have no interest in websites, why even bother having an internet connection. I'm interested in websites,it's just that my life doesn't depend on it,thankfully. It's for fun,and it's just that,FUN. In other words,I wouldn't die if my internet connection got terminated tomorrow,just that I'd lose out on a bit of fun.
But for a staffer like yourself,maybe it's a little more than JUST a website,priorities differ.

If people here honestly felt that websites warranted the most cursory glances, then things such as blogs, forum communities, facebook, and other mediums for communicating, would all fall into disuse. People use websites and facilities such as blogs,forums,facebook etc but they are also free to constructively criticize them. It's the challenge for the owners to be able to handle criticism and improve if they see fit.

People have even been known to try and trade their accounts on eBay. Surely that proves that they aren't JUST websites, the same as they aren't JUST cars, or they aren't JUST mobile phones.

Again,they probably do it to make easy money/fun(whether that's right or wrong is a totally different thing). I highly doubt that they can make a living out of this and if you counter-argue that they can make a living out of this then the challenge is for the tracker owners to curb it.

Just a website? Yeah, right!Yup,its just that, a website.Nothing more,nothing less.And i'm done with this thread.

Funkin'
10-10-2008, 06:37 AM

Yes, that is right. And if a person is thinking of these sites as anything more, then frankly, they need to get out a little more. Seriously.

The Wanderer
10-10-2008, 07:38 AM
If you have no interest in websites, why even bother having an internet connection.

You have an internet connection only for websites? :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol:

Simple as that. It's incredible, don't you think? :lol:

Polarbear
10-10-2008, 07:54 AM
torrent sites may just be websites, but they are my favourite websites.

TheFoX
10-10-2008, 01:00 PM
The same argument could be applied to any pastime we participate it...

Just a cigarette. Yeah Right!

Just a Pint. Yeah Right!

Just a Car. Yeah Right!

Browsing the web (surfing), or pulling files, or sending emails (as long as it is not business related), are no different from any other pastime.

I love to drive my car, just for the drive (no a to z journey), and I love to ride my bike just for the freedom it gives me. I also love to browse the web, just for the knowledge I gain, even if that knowledge is trivial.

I doubt any of us are here in a professional capacity, even as staffers. We all do it because it is a part of our lives that is our own. When we go to the bar for a drink, it is not done on the orders of a higher up, but because we want to do it. Because we want to chill out.

For people who say, 'get a life', I would suggest you look at your own lives first. Everyone here has a life, and the freedom to choose how you spend that life is a fundamental right of all, and no petty dictator should tell someone else to 'get a life'.

So what if I run a website. I can tell you that there are members who spend more time at my website than I do, and I also know that they value the service I have provided, and for me it is the value that the member holds for my site over any other attribute my site could offer.

At the end of the day, it is the doers who offer a choice, and the takers who make that choice. Just because a car manufacturer can produce a new model does not automatically guarantee success of that model, the same as a new website will not guarantee it's popularity. Only those who consume the content will guarantee it's success.

In a fair world, we are all entitled to our own opinions, and we are also entitled to express our opinions to others, even if they have differing opinions. Just because the opinions of SoulReaper and myself differ, doesn't mean I hold no less a respect for the guy. In fact, I hold him in a higher regard simply because he has argued his own corner admirably, even though our opinions are at odds.

thewizeard
10-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Sharing is caring. Sharing is what it's all about. Sharing is something one does without consideration and without expectation of gaining something for in return. It's connected to love and is selfless. However it is though a fact, that if one shares, often one does receive something for in return but that shouldn't be the aim. Communities grow around those that share! This Board is proof of that.

Simulador
10-10-2008, 08:36 PM
no one needs to say "i'm in for the community" "i want it for the community" "i heard it has a great community" that's just bullshit...those statements should be proved, i would never ever ever ever invite someone to oneof the communities i'm a member of just cause they say that...however i would if they actually mean it,and that's very easy to find out.

yayyyyyy
10-11-2008, 05:03 PM
I think people just say that because they do not have decent speed to say "i'm in for the files"........