PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore on Slacker Uprising’s Piracy ‘Problem’

Hairbautt
10-09-2008, 10:38 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=7189"Michael Moore decided to give away his latest film ‘Slacker Uprising’ for free, but only to people in the US and Canada. However, since he chose to use BitTorrent, and open trackers such as The Pirate Bay, it was fairly easy for the rest of the world to download it as well. Was this done on purpose? Moore responds."

"Like many other filmmakers, Moore wants his film to be seen by as many people as possible. However, the ‘rights holders’ have other interests. They want to sell the movie to as many people as possible, making sure they get every penny they are entitled to.

Moore’s latest documentary, Slacker Uprising, is only available for free in Northern America. People who attempt to download the torrent elsewhere get this annoying "Sorry" message. Since there are no geographical restrictions on the official torrent file, however, it was easy to share the film with the rest of the world. It would only take one person to upload the torrent to another site, and the rest of the world would have access to it. That’s exactly what happened."

:source: Source: Full Article @ TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/michael-moore-on-slacker-uprisings-piracy-problem-081006/)

colbert
10-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Michael Moore really gets it in regards to sharing content. I wish more filmmakers felt the way he does about sharing their films.

RedRansom
10-10-2008, 07:36 PM
No i dont think this is a kind of sharing ...
He upped to BT network
but only to people in the US and Canada i wont download this movie other ways who care too!!!

ulun64
10-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Since it's for US and Canada. I'm not interested in it.

killuminati96
10-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I still hate Michael Moore.

Vast D. Mage
10-13-2008, 04:13 AM
Not a big fan of Moore's but I downloaded the movie, I mean it is free, and it wasn't horrible. It gave me a few chuckles but overall not too bad.

musicsavesus
10-20-2008, 12:40 AM
Although I agree with most of his ideals and find his movies to be entertaining, Michael Moore is very manipulative. If you do some research on him it's very clear that he is very self-righteous and he will do just about anything it takes to make himself or his opinions look good. Seriously this guy is a hack. He is fighting for the right things but in a very wrong way.

It's good that he's calling attention to things that might otherwise not get so much attention, but being a liar and manipulator only hurts the cause.