PDA

View Full Version : People with young children....

puckface
10-12-2008, 08:27 PM
.... should keep their fucking whiny, crying, screaming little bastards the fuck out of restaurants and the such as I may strangle one of the little fuckers and their rude non-disciplinary parents.

that is all.

tesco
10-12-2008, 08:43 PM
agreed.

tralalala
10-12-2008, 08:51 PM
:blink: So when you have kids (if anyone ever agrees to make one with you), can I strangle you when he/she decides to cry because he/she is hungry/thirsty/crapped their nappy while in a public place, claiming you said it's the right thing to do? :unsure:

puckface
10-12-2008, 08:55 PM
:blink: So when you have kids (if anyone ever agrees to make one with you), can I strangle you when he/she decides to cry because he/she is hungry/thirsty/crapped their nappy while in a public place, claiming you said it's the right thing to do? :unsure:

Thanks for the insult firstly.

Secondly I am married and we have made a conscious decision to not have kids. So youll never have the opportunity to strangle me, or try, unfortunately.

Thirdly, if its someones choice to get knocked up. stay the fuck home until you can control your little brat. Don't bug the fuck out of me because you choose to be greedy and want the best of both worlds.

I guess that wasnt all.

Skweeky
10-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Yes.

We should lock all children away until they are able to have coherent conversation and do not burst unto tears anymore. Their mothers with them as well.

Definitely.

Great idea.

You should pitch that to your local government. Maybe even start your own action group? :yes:

Something Else
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
.... should keep their fucking whiny, crying, screaming little bastards the fuck out of restaurants and the such as I may strangle one of the little fuckers and their rude non-disciplinary parents.

that is all.

Did you get out of the wrong side of Uranus this morning.

JPaul
10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
So long as an establishment has a clear policy people have no cause for complaint. The place I'm at just now has a sign on at the front of the restaurant saying "Children Welcome At All Times".

I think that's quite clear. It's family orientated, if you don't like that go elsewhere. I've seen other which show things like "Children Welcome Until 8 O'Clock" or whatever.

Like I said, so long as it's a clear policy then there's no justification for complaint.

puckface
10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Yes.

We should lock all children away until they are able to have coherent conversation and do not burst unto tears anymore. Their mothers with them as well.

Definitely.

Great idea.

You should pitch that to your local government. Maybe even start your own action group? :yes:

thanks for agreeing and for your encouragement but no one said anything about locking anyone up, just eat at home and watch a movie at home or whatever.

Did you get out of the wrong side of Uranus this morning.

nah, Ive felt this way for quite a long time.

Something Else
10-12-2008, 09:23 PM

You've felt like the wrong side of an anus for a while. :blink:

puckface
10-12-2008, 09:25 PM

Is there really a wrong side of an anus?

Something Else
10-12-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't mind screaming kids at all. I'm glad they're expressing themselves. It's adults with anger management issues that seem silly Timmy.

JPaul
10-12-2008, 09:26 PM
I don't mind screaming kids at all. I'm glad they're expressing themselves. It's adults with anger management issues that seem silly Timmy.

Sorry

Something Else
10-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Apology accepted.

JPaul
10-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Very gracious of you.

Something Else
10-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I thought so. :smilie4:

JPaul
10-12-2008, 09:46 PM
You're that kind of guy.

Something Else
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
I am. Right here, right now.

Skweeky
10-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I've got a headache.

Something Else
10-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Maybe it's all the HeavyMetalParkingLot (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/-28846/) in here. :eyebrows:

JPaul
10-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I've got a headache.

Drink more fluids.

Skweeky
10-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I had about 3 L of water and several cups of raspberry leaf tea. There is a baby sitting on my bladder. If I drink anymore I may as well set up camp in the bathroom.

At least I have a laptop now so you lot can keep me company every where!

JPaul
10-12-2008, 10:03 PM
So why do you have a headache

Skweeky
10-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Dunno.

I had a bath earlier, it may have affected my BP I guess.

JPaul
10-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Indeed, particliarly if it was a hot bath.

Detale
10-13-2008, 08:25 AM
I will agree that some parents need to discipline their children more but I'm up to 3 and counting and mine are VERY well behaved, more so than their father but there have been occasions where kids just spaz out for no apparent reason other than their kids. I used to feel the same way, I truly did. Then I had children of my own and now when it happens I feel awful for the parents. Do you think that's what they want at that particular moment in time? Do you think they enjoy screaming children? Hell no thats not what anyone wants, but unlike you they have to stay there they cannot go home and eventually forget about it. More than likely when they get home the kids are probobly still screaming and driving them insane.

I have to say the wife and I don't take the kids out to grown up places yet because we are pretty considerate of other childless people and don't want to bother others. On occasion we do take my older guy out to a diner, he's 3 now, and it's nice but there are times when even he gets bored and will start to figit in his seat and not behave as well as we think he should. It is frustrating as hell but thats the world with kids in it.

Now the movies is a completely different story...

Disme
10-13-2008, 08:33 AM
There's a big difference between parents that allow everything their children do, as long as it's not in their own homes ... and parents that are trying to do a decent parenting job but that sometimes face a tremendous effort trying to keep their children from going berserk in places that aren't suited for that kind of behaviour (restaurants, churches, governement buildings, libraries, etc ...)

I do have a problem with the first kind of parents and children, less of a problem (or none at all) with the latter kind.

Detale
10-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Agreed but when it comes down to it how do you know which kind of parent it is when the kids are screaming? Could be one or the other.

Oh and government buildings are the best for restless children ;)

Barbarossa
10-13-2008, 09:10 AM

Is there really a wrong side of an anus?

The inside, I would say :ermm:

Squeamous
10-13-2008, 10:22 AM
I totally agree with the OP. If a kid spazzes out in a public place you yank them outta there, drag them home and put them to bed. Even if it's 10am in the fucking morning. I don't have kids btw :snooty:.

Barbarossa
10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Kids deliberately spazz out in public because they think that's a sure-fire way to guarantee they'll get their own way.

I frown more upon the parents that give them what they want just to shut them up than the ones that ignore them and don't give in. Once you've got kids of your own you find it much easier to ignore all and any crying kids.... True story.

I will say though that you need to get it into the child's head that screaming will NEVER get them what they want. Then believe it or not they'll stop doing it, and if you can keep them entertained and amused, they are actually quite fun to have around :smilie4:

100%
10-13-2008, 11:49 AM
It is a lot worse to have a kid go berserk in your home than in a public place.
In public places at least there is the distraction of people going berserk cause the kid is annoyed, which tends to calm the kid down and put things into perspective.

I thank you for your distraction.

Squeamous
10-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I'll tell you what will stop a kid misbehaving in public. Taking them quietly away from everyone else so you drum it into their thick heads that living in a society peacefully involves being thoughtful to others, then put them somewhere boring for a while to think it through. Then explain that since they played up in the supermarket for instance, you're both now going to have to go back to the shop to do the shopping instead of take them swimming or whatever as you previously promised. No fannying around. I'm sure the antisocial little bastard will learn when it finds itself inconvenienced by its own behaviour.

Jesus, I really hope I never have kids :unsure:.

Skiz
10-13-2008, 01:57 PM
So long as an establishment has a clear policy people have no cause for complaint. The place I'm at just now has a sign on at the front of the restaurant saying "Children Welcome At All Times".

I think that's quite clear. It's family orientated, if you don't like that go elsewhere. I've seen other which show things like "Children Welcome Until 8 O'Clock" or whatever.

Like I said, so long as it's a clear policy then there's no justification for complaint.

I always like these two popular ones here:

"Unattended children will be sold as slaves." and "Unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy." :happy:

100%
10-13-2008, 02:11 PM
I'll tell you what will stop a kid misbehaving in public. Taking them quietly away from everyone else so you drum it into their thick heads that living in a society peacefully involves being thoughtful to others, then put them somewhere boring for a while to think it through. Then explain that since they played up in the supermarket for instance, you're both now going to have to go back to the shop to do the shopping instead of take them swimming or whatever as you previously promised. No fannying around. I'm sure the antisocial little bastard will learn when it finds itself inconvenienced by its own behaviour.

Adult Logic does not apply to children.
When they cry it is because they are unable to express what they want and they get frustrated.
Their only way to express it is through crying, until they develop language for that what they need.
This applies to wife beaters, bullies, and basic scum which never manage to develop.
You will be be a great father because at least you are atleast capable of seeing the horror of it.

ps. insanity is easier.

Barbarossa
10-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Do you get the one "Unattended children will be gang-raped by paedophiles and deviants"

That always makes me larff... :happy:

pentomato
10-13-2008, 03:21 PM

Secondly I am married and we have made a conscious decision to not have kids. So youll never have the opportunity to strangle me, or try, unfortunately.

Thirdly, if its someones choice to get knocked up. stay the fuck home until you can control your little brat. Don't bug the fuck out of me because you choose to be greedy and want the best of both worlds.

I guess that wasnt all.

In my opinion you are the one that is greedy not wanting to have kids, only thinking about yourself and your selfish ways, second if you don't like it when kids cry, stay home, people with kids have the right to do as they please, who cares about what you want or feel? welcome to the real world

Squeamous
10-13-2008, 03:33 PM

Adult Logic does not apply to children.
When they cry it is because they are unable to express what they want and they get frustrated.
Their only way to express it is through crying, until they develop language for that what they need.
This applies to wife beaters, bullies, and basic scum which never manage to develop.
You will be be a great father because at least you are atleast capable of seeing the horror of it.

ps. insanity is easier.

Sorry but that's absolute twaddle. It sounds just like all the happy clappy crap you hear from parents of badly behaved kids who would prefer to believe anything is the cause of it but themselves. Little dearest isn't expressing himself, he's being a nuisance and that's exactly what he wants to be. Parents that come out with that crap don't really believe it themselves. They're laughing on the outside but crying on the inside. They've just given up having any dignity and now face the world with a resigned complacency because it's all they can do to remain sane. Meanwhile everyone else is looking at their screaming child and thinking 'O rly? :eyebrows:' and feeling sorry for it because they know it's going to grow up a little shit as well. Children are not born bad tempered or truculent, they're made that way. I don't mean to have a go at you specifically, just this culture today of raising kids without personal responsibility or the time or energy to do it properly.

Barbarossa
10-13-2008, 03:56 PM
You need to quantify some ages here, people.

Up to about 6 months old, pretty much all they can do is cry to get your attention.

When they're 2 years and older and throwing tantrums it's learned behaviour, as they've learned that it gets them what they want. You have to break them out of it as early as you can, and encourage them to ask for things in different ways.

The way you break them out of it is to ignore it, the most sensible place to do this is in the comfort of your own home, not at the checkout in Sainsburys :dry:

puckface
10-13-2008, 04:02 PM
In my opinion you are the one that is greedy not wanting to have kids, only thinking about yourself and your selfish ways, second if you don't like it when kids cry, stay home, people with kids have the right to do as they please, who cares about what you want or feel? welcome to the real world

Well, I think I am not being greedy. I dont want kids because:

a. I would be a horrible father
b. my wife works a "real" day job and I own a business that has me gone from 10am until 330am most days. What kind of father would I be If I were home for 7 hours a day and 6 of them were spent sleeping? Riddle me that.

Also, at least here in the US (I don't know where you are from) people do not have the right to do as they please if it effects others (unfortunately). Examples being: smoking in public places, seatbelts, motorcycle helmets etc etc.. That's the real world here.

Barbarossa
10-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Also, at least here in the US (I don't know where you are from) people do not have the right to do as they please if it effects others (unfortunately). Examples being: smoking in public places, seatbelts, motorcycle helmets etc etc.. That's the real world here.

As far as I know nobody has ever died from listening to a screaming child :mellow:

puckface
10-13-2008, 04:05 PM

As far as I know nobody has ever died from listening to a screaming child :mellow:

Contributing to high blood pressure is sure a killer. Ask any doctor.

tralalala
10-13-2008, 04:23 PM

b. my wife works a "real" day job and I own a business that has me gone from 10am until 330am most days. What kind of father would I be If I were home for 7 hours a day and 6 of them were spent sleeping? Riddle me that.

FFS, you're claiming that most women have a "fake" day job, where they have all the time in the world to spend with their children? :lol: You're living in a bubble, matey..

And if you really wanted to have kids, you'd manage your way around your tight schedule.. Just ask students who have kids (Uni students, obviously), and other businessmen with full schedules that have kids.. You're using that as an excuse as to why you're a blessing to this world that you have decided not to have kids and spare us of 1 more kid who might just decide to scream because he wants some milk for breakfast..

As it is, do you not think that when you were a toddler, you probably threw tantrums and cried out loud on a number of occasions to try get what you want? Have you not complained to your parents for not keeping you home until you could put together 15-word-sentences with a total of over 80 letters per sentence in every conversation with a human being?

Jesus... :blink:

Squeamous
10-13-2008, 04:26 PM
I own a business that has me gone from 10am until 330am most days. What kind of father would I be If I were home for 7 hours a day and 6 of them were spent sleeping? Riddle me that.

I don't know what kind of a father it would make you, but it must make you a terrible husband. I doubt your marriage will survive for long like that.

tralalala
10-13-2008, 04:28 PM
^True, never thought of that :ermm:

Skweeky
10-13-2008, 04:29 PM
I own a business that has me gone from 10am until 330am most days. What kind of father would I be If I were home for 7 hours a day and 6 of them were spent sleeping? Riddle me that.

I don't know what kind of a father it would make you, but it must make you a terrible husband. I doubt your marriage will survive for long like that.

...but he's away for most of the time. Surely that makes him a brilliant hubbie :lol:

puckface
10-13-2008, 05:35 PM

Ironically, we have the best marriage out of anyone that we know. The reason for that I think is that we dont see too much of each other. We have dinner together and see each other weekends. Been together 11 years and going strong.

I'm a great husband. :D

puckface
10-13-2008, 05:38 PM

FFS, you're claiming that most women have a "fake" day job, where they have all the time in the world to spend with their children? :lol: You're living in a bubble, matey..

No what I was saying is that I don't have a "real" job. I don't collect a proper paycheck and don't have a boss. She is the actual money maker in the family although obviously our business income helps a lot.

Please don't jump to conclusions.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
People can only read what you post and base their reactions on that.

I read it the same way as the dumb kid.

pentomato
10-13-2008, 05:59 PM

Guess what? People here in the US do it all the time, there are day cares for people that work. Because you have to sleep that wouldn't make you a horrible father. You are never ready to be a father until you do.
It is not the samething smoking and having a kid, that is out of place.
I don't ware my seatbelt because of a law, and of course it should be the law, well it saved my life andmy daugther's as well.

pentomato
10-13-2008, 06:01 PM

Ironically, we have the best marriage out of anyone that we know. The reason for that I think is that we dont see too much of each other. We have dinner together and see each other weekends. Been together 11 years and going strong.

That's not a marriage, thats sharing an apartment, it is called convenience.
For what you know, she may be doing it with anyone, you will never know, not that you care either.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 06:15 PM
That's out of order.

puckface
10-13-2008, 06:25 PM
That's out of order.

quite. everyone is different. I trust my wife, you may not (if youre married). If you dont, your marriage needs some looking at.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 06:27 PM
That's out of order.

quite. everyone is different. I trust my wife, you may not

He probly doesn't even know your wife. :blink:

puckface
10-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Guess what? People here in the US do it all the time, there are day cares for people that work. Because you have to sleep that wouldn't make you a horrible father.

Don't believe in day care but that's a conversation for another day.

puckface
10-13-2008, 06:29 PM

maybe hes the one shes doing stuff with. ya never know.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 06:30 PM
:O

Cuckolded on the internets.

brotherdoobie
10-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Mulder must be back in town.

-bd

chalice
10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I've got young kids, like. When we eat out, they'll occasionally act up. They act up because they're excited to be out in a different setting. I'll chastise them quietly but I certainly won't make a scene in public. It's embarrassing. I've seen parents being over-zealous when disciplining their child in super-markets and the like. My first reaction is to want to punch that parent squarely in the chops.

On holiday a few months ago, the kids were going absolutely buck mad in the airport. If there weren't so many people about, my boot would have been deposited liberally in their arses many times over. But the bottom line is, they had never been in an airport and they were excited.

I notice other people looking and their expression is more of pity for the parents and the embarrassment/frustration we endure in trying to keep the kids under control. If someone were to complain to me about it, I'd tell them to fuck right off, I'm doing my fucking best here.

I suppose the point of all this shite is, how the fuck are kids supposed to learn to behave in a public setting without having first been introduced to one? Or something.

puckface
10-13-2008, 07:05 PM
I've got young kids, like. When we eat out, they'll occasionally act up. They act up because they're excited to be out in a different setting. I'll chastise them quietly but I certainly won't make a scene in public. It's embarrassing. I've seen parents being over-zealous when disciplining their child in super-markets and the like. My first reaction is to want to punch that parent squarely in the chops.

On holiday a few months ago, the kids were going absolutely buck mad in the airport. If there weren't so many people about, my boot would have been deposited liberally in their arses many times over. But the bottom line is, they had never been in an airport and they were excited.

I notice other people looking and their expression is more of pity for the parents and the embarrassment/frustration we endure in trying to keep the kids under control. If someone were to complain to me about it, I'd tell them to fuck right off, I'm doing my fucking best here.

I suppose the point of all this shite is, how the fuck are kids supposed to learn to behave in a public setting without having first been introduced to one? Or something.

see, now that's a good thing. I'm talking mostly about the idiots who ignore their kids and let them run amok without doing a damn thing. Obviously everyone acts up (adults included) but its when shit gets out of hand and when parents know their kids are gonna act up and don't give a shit is what bugs the fuck out of me.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 07:13 PM

Plus four.

enoughfakefiles
10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
see, now that's a good thing. I'm talking mostly about the idiots who ignore their kids and let them run amok without doing a damn thing. Obviously everyone acts up (adults included) but its when shit gets out of hand and when parents know their kids are gonna act up and don't give a shit is what bugs the fuck out of me.

They shouldn't sell haribo's :angry:

puckface
10-13-2008, 07:33 PM
see now I didnt know what Haribo was until just now.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 07:36 PM
The Halal Haribos for Muslim children
By MARTIN DELGADO, Mail on Sunday
Last updated at 21:54 18 November 2006

Leading sweets manufacturer Haribo has launched a Halal version of its products aimed specifically at Muslim children.

Haribo began selling the fruit-flavoured jellies, which have been approved by senior clerics, at Asda supermarkets earlier this month.

The sweets do not contain gelatin, which is unacceptable to Muslims because it is made of animal products forbidden under Islamic law.

Alcohol-based colourings and flavourings have also been taken out.

The only difference in the packaging is a green sticker with the word Halal written in English and Arabic.

It is the first time a major confectionery firm has launched a range of products for Muslim consumers.

At present the sweets are being sold only in areas of the North West with large Muslim populations, but there are plans to extend into other parts of the country later this year.

Eight varieties, including the top-selling Gummi Bears, are being distributed in Britain by Manchester-based businessman Neville Finlay, who claims to have been working on the idea for 15 years. He says the products have been a huge success.

The complex new manufacturing process, which involves replacing gelatin with naturally grown cells called hydrocolloids, is carried out at a factory in the Austrian city of Linz.

The sweets are then imported into Britain by Mr Finlay's company, Forest Tree Foods.

The 54-year-old businessman said: "There is a huge market out there for Halal sweets if you can get rid of the gelatin. The Haribos taste more or less the same as the standard product but their texture is a fraction softer and they are not quite so rubbery.

"Sales have been phenomenal. More than 10,000 packets are being sold each week and we hope to sign contracts soon with both Morrisons and Woolworths.

"We sell in mainly Muslim areas. The supermarkets give us instructions according to their customer profiles and then we react.

"I am an Orthodox Jew so my presence in the Halal market might be seen by some as a little weird. But there has never been any friction with my customers and I see the whole thing as a fine example of peaceful multiculturalism.

"The supermarkets have recognised that they can expand into this market without damaging their core trade by withdrawing existing products from their shelves."

Mr Finlay said an Imam from the Muslim Association of Austria had visited the factory to check on the manufacturing process and every ingredient had been given a Halal food certificate.

The Halal Haribos cost the same as the standard product - 79p for a 100g bag - and have their own display rack in some shops.

German firm Haribo, formed in 1920, is one of Europe's biggest sweet manufacturers, selling its products in more than 150 countries.

Biggles
10-13-2008, 07:38 PM
I totally agree with the OP. If a kid spazzes out in a public place you yank them outta there, drag them home and put them to bed. Even if it's 10am in the fucking morning. I don't have kids btw :snooty:.

Would never have guessed :shifty:

Kids can get hyper and I can only speak for mine but when hyper, SGG in particular, could moon walk sideways up walls (orange smarties were good for this). However there is a difference between a kid on duracel batteries and an obnoxious ill mannered little git (often a carbon copy of the parent to be honest). Sometimes tiring, the former are just being kids and there is nothing wrong with that at all - the latter we should be allowed to line up to take a free boot at (and give the kid a quick clip around the ear too). :whistling imho

JPaul
10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Les = :sage:

chalice
10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Did I hear tell of a reversal in Scottish legislation as regards to spanking children?

Or what?

Could be confused. It's been known to happen.

Biggles
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Did I hear tell of a reversal in Scottish legislation as regards to spanking children?

Or what?

Could be confused. It's been known to happen.

Search me :idunno: It has been discussed but I can't remember what they decided.

Anyhoo I think SGG would look askance if I took that approach these days -and then kick me in the nuts :pinch:

chalice
10-13-2008, 07:52 PM
I know in Wales that it's practically mandatory, like.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Smacking and the Law in the United Kingdom
Prior to 1998, British parents were afforded the right to use “reasonable chastisement” to discipline their children but the subjective term “reasonable” was never well explained. In September of that year, the European Court of Human Rights decided that this law did not adequately protect children’s rights and so the Children’s Act of 2004 sought to clarify the laws surrounding smacking. Under Section 58 of the Act, smacking remains legal as long as it does not cause visible bruises, grazes, scratches, swelling or cuts. As of June 2007, these conditions provoked a Ministerial review of Section 58 of the Children’s Act with some Ministers again calling for an outright ban on smacking children. Scotland operates some smacking bans, and strict definitions of “reasonable” punishments. The Northern Ireland Commissioner for Children and Young People is seeking a full and outright ban on smacking children.

I think it's for weans under 3 in Scotland.

chalice
10-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Yep, that's it, JP. Knew there was something in Scotland not quite in keeping with the rest.

Cheers.

Devolution is a wonderful thing when politicians actually talk to each other.

Wouldn't know much about that myself. :01:

JPaul
10-13-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm not sure which devolved issue covers it.

Education, Health or Law and Order presumably.

Maybe all three.

Biggles
10-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Smacking and the Law in the United Kingdom
Prior to 1998, British parents were afforded the right to use “reasonable chastisement” to discipline their children but the subjective term “reasonable” was never well explained. In September of that year, the European Court of Human Rights decided that this law did not adequately protect children’s rights and so the Children’s Act of 2004 sought to clarify the laws surrounding smacking. Under Section 58 of the Act, smacking remains legal as long as it does not cause visible bruises, grazes, scratches, swelling or cuts. As of June 2007, these conditions provoked a Ministerial review of Section 58 of the Children’s Act with some Ministers again calling for an outright ban on smacking children. Scotland operates some smacking bans, and strict definitions of “reasonable” punishments. The Northern Ireland Commissioner for Children and Young People is seeking a full and outright ban on smacking children.

I think it's for weans under 3 in Scotland.

But the ones under three are the ones least likely to stab you when you are asleep as revenge! :O Shome Mishtake Shurley?

Skweeky
10-13-2008, 08:04 PM
So are you or are you not allowed to smack under 3's? Because I seriously think there is not much wrong with a wee slap on the behind :huh:

Biggles
10-13-2008, 08:11 PM
So are you or are you not allowed to smack under 3's? Because I seriously think there is not much wrong with a wee slap on the behind :huh:

As far as I know a wee warning whack has never been the issue - it is the psychos who lose the plot in Woolies or similar that would fall foul of such legislation (no matter the age of the kid)

Cattle prods are right out though ...

at least that was my reading of it.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
I think strictly speaking it's banned for under threes. However the spirit is to stop excessive or unreasonable punishment.

Biggles
10-13-2008, 08:18 PM
I think strictly speaking it's banned for under threes. However the spirit is to stop excessive or unreasonable punishment.

Our metal work teacher at school would have defined excessive as capital punishment .....well excepting for smoking in the boiler-room and cheeking teachers obviousment :fear:

chalice
10-13-2008, 08:20 PM
What about corporal punishment then?

I got my fuck beat in regularly by Christian Brothers for no good reason, like.

Cunts. Fact.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't imagine you doing metal work. True story.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 08:21 PM

Cunts. Fact.

Did the whole family gang up on you, mate.

chalice
10-13-2008, 08:22 PM
The whole fucking inbred clan, mate.

Biggles
10-13-2008, 08:23 PM

I had to in first year :(

I took Latin thereafter - primarily to escape said lunatic but also because the Latin teacher was really nice (I was mediocre at best with regards Latin).

chalice
10-13-2008, 08:24 PM

I had to in first year :(

I took Latin thereafter - primarily to escape said lunatic but also because the Latin teacher was really nice (I was mediocre at best with regards Latin).

Bet you're good at making machetes though.

Or was that just in my school?

JPaul
Yeah, hence your sig.

You old twister.

Biggles

Cunts. Fact.

They were notable mentalists as I recall.

chalice
10-13-2008, 08:29 PM
They even persisted past the bannage of corporal punishment. The fucking sadists loved it.

If you were caught doing something comparatively innocuous, they'd say, 'do you want me to send a letter home, or would you like six of the best and get it over with?'

We invariably opted for the latter as youngsters. As we got older, we cottoned on and told them to go and fuck themselves. Which they probably did, now that I think about it.

Skweeky
10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Did they have really long cawks? :huh:

Biggles
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM

They hung weights from them.....:unsure:

or is that Opus Dei?

chalice
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Dunno Skweeks, I'll introduce you if you like. :blink:

JPaul
10-13-2008, 08:44 PM

or is that Opus Dei?

More Latin from metal mickey

Biggles
10-13-2008, 08:47 PM

or is that Opus Dei?

More Latin from metal mickey

:snooty: I never liked that dustbin.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 08:54 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40440000/jpg/_40440195_dustybin2032.jpg

chalice
10-13-2008, 08:58 PM
:lol:

Ted Rogers ftw.

That takes me right back. :earl:

Biggles
10-13-2008, 08:59 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40440000/jpg/_40440195_dustybin2032.jpg

:O

Ted Rogers where are you now?

When the MoD rationalised in London from three buildings to one they called it 3 to 1. The Union reps did the hand thing every time they said it at meetings but the Mandarins didn't get it :frusty:

Either that or they simply didn't think it was funny :happy:

JPaul
10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Sick Genious (http://www.didtheydie.com/morgue/ted_rogers.html)

enoughfakefiles
10-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Who actually understood 3-2-1 :blink:

chalice
10-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Certainly not the contestants. That's why it was fun to watch.

That and Ted Rogers' double jointed matrix fingers thing.

enoughfakefiles
10-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I seem to remember reading once where ted rogers was doing a show with bonnie langford and the bloke on the ostrich in the vicinity of a chris moyles's road show and they could hear him slagging them off. They tried to confront him about it at his road show :lol:

True story.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 09:21 PM
The clues were nonsense.

Biggles
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
The clues were nonsense.

They made sense to Ted .....

OK I see what you mean

JPaul
10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I think they got them from the original French and translated them on the internet.

Biggles
10-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I think they got them from the original French and translated them on the internet.

BastardFish?

thewizeard
10-13-2008, 09:56 PM

I guess that wasnt all.

To strangle you, you don't have to have kids..we would do it for you anyway,,,with pleasure..

chalice
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Jebus, Nige, we don't often see you so het up.

Why so?

100%
10-13-2008, 10:23 PM
I wish i could cry again like a kid.
Total let go.
Purest form ever.

pentomato
10-13-2008, 10:26 PM

I think I do lol lol

pentomato
10-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Guess what? People here in the US do it all the time, there are day cares for people that work. Because you have to sleep that wouldn't make you a horrible father.

Then don't come with any more excuses, you don't want to be a father because you don't like responsabilities and maybe many more things

chalice
10-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Total let go.
Purest form ever.

Actually, Zed, so do I.

I haven't shed a tear in 9 years and before that, I can't remember.

That was when my grandfather died. He was the closest thing to a father I ever had.

Start a thread.

pentomato
10-13-2008, 10:30 PM

You just want excuses not to have kids, and you don't have to have them you know, that's ok, but do not come to a forum and criticize the one's that decided to be great parents. My life is much better having my daughter, I woulnd't change that for nothing in the world.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh I have cried recently, cried from my soul.

I could do it now. I just have think of a song and a person and relive certain moments in my mind's eye.

pentomato
10-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Shit am I the only sissy here? I cry all the time, and after that I feel better.
Only thinking about my baby in a few years she will be leaving the next, maybe getting a boyfriend, that makes want to kill the bastard and cry after that.

chalice
10-13-2008, 10:39 PM

I could do it now. I just have think of a song and a person and relive certain moments in my mind's eye.

Really? Honestly?

I can't fucking do that. I want to, like.

But I can't.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 10:41 PM

Really? Honestly?

I can't fucking do that. I want to, like.

But I can't.

Really, honestly.

True story.

chalice
10-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Am I a sociopath then?

True question.

100%
10-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Total let go.
Purest form ever.

Actually, Zed, so do I.

I haven't shed a tear in 9 years and before that, I can't remember.

That was when my grandfather died. He was the closest thing to a father I ever had.

Start a thread.

if adults do it is called "a breakdown"
why so negative?
All that shit inside, so sweet to let out.
contradiction to the "be free, be young" blah
double edged sword.

According to i have no clue which philosophers - levinagh or.... the aim of life is to be totally immersed in total feeling where self consciousness no longer exists. As in surfing, paragliding, chanting at presidential debates, cults,
or numbness of tv, web world.
To truely laugh with people is amazing, to cry is more honest?
You laugh in public as an adult, but rarely cry and if you do you are seriously fucked up.

hypocritical world if you ask me.

Let the kids cry because they also laugh.

A lot.

chalice
10-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Zed, sorry, but that reads like absolute balls to me.

100%
10-13-2008, 10:46 PM
i am wired.
mea culpa
you are forgiven

JPaul
10-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Am I a sociopath then?

True question.

Not that I'm aware of.

100%
10-13-2008, 10:52 PM
a little bit though. It adds to the character.

chalice
10-13-2008, 10:57 PM
How would you be aware over the internets.

I love my children and I would more than probably cry to see the loss of them.

It's just that I've been put in very compromising situations in the past. I've discussed some of them on this board. I've seen other men, unquestionably 'harder' than myself breakdown like children in the same situation.

This is not to say I didn't break-dowm. Just that I can't cry.

What the fuck is that about then?

100%
10-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Maybe it is having gone through too much or hiding too much that prevents one to let go.
You would not survive other wise in society.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I can tell you what really effects me if you want.

chalice
10-13-2008, 11:10 PM
I know it's a stupid question but it stupifies the fuck out of me.

I think I'd feel better if I let it go and cried.

But I fucking can't, like.

Callum, when was the last time you cried?

puckface
10-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Then don't come with any more excuses, you don't want to be a father because you don't like responsabilities and maybe many more things

So you think everyone should have kids and if they dont they just dont like responsibility and are full of excuses?

I dont like kids, why would I want one?

JPaul
10-13-2008, 11:25 PM

So you think everyone should have kids and if they dont they just dont like responsibility and are full of excuses?

I agree with you.

Never have children, please.

puckface
10-13-2008, 11:28 PM

I agree with you.

ha, thats been my point about myself all along.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I agree with you.

Then we're agreed.

100%
10-13-2008, 11:33 PM
well played and served, jp.

My son does not like adults that do not like children.
strange.
I do not get it.

puckface
10-13-2008, 11:33 PM

Then we're agreed.

There's a first time for everything.

100%
10-13-2008, 11:36 PM

chalice
10-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Then we're agreed.

Pervert.

puckface
10-13-2008, 11:37 PM

Pervert.

You don't know the half of it.

chalice
10-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Pervert.

You don't know the half of it.

Gladly.

JPaul
10-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Then we're agreed.

That's true, however I fail to see the relevance.

puckface
10-13-2008, 11:40 PM

Is there relevance in anything either of us say?

JPaul
10-13-2008, 11:46 PM

Is there relevance in anything either of us say?

I have no idea, who is the other you.

puckface
10-13-2008, 11:49 PM
you're a tricky fucker.

chalice
10-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Get fucking used to it.

puckface
10-13-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm trying

JPaul
10-14-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm trying

I certainly find you trying.

puckface
10-14-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm trying

Not a good tryer.

chalice
10-14-2008, 12:08 AM
I'm trying

Just another transient.

Tourist at best.

Fires blanks and leaves.

That might be the root of the problem.

CrabGirl
10-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Eats shoots and leaves...

chalice
10-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah, like. :rolleyes:

Are you tired or wot?

CrabGirl
10-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Me??? no. not at all.

chalice
10-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Me??? no. not at all.

I'm knackered, like.

Eventually got that Night Watch and it's a dub. Fuck tha
Waddaya gonna do to stop me sticking one of my eyes through a water tap?

Eh? Eh? Eh?

CrabGirl
10-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Me??? no. not at all.

I'm knackered, like.

Eventually got that Night Watch and it's a dub. Fuck tha
Waddaya gonna do to stop me sticking one of my eyes through a water tap?

Eh? Eh? Eh?

Oh that sounds good. My eyes hurt too. Running them under cool water might help... eyebaths rock.

JPaul
10-14-2008, 12:27 AM

Not a good tryer.

Way too much "rep" for my liking.

puckface
10-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Not a good tryer.

what is "rep"?

JPaul
10-14-2008, 12:36 AM

what is "rep"?

Ignore

First for ages, probably ben if memory serves.

puckface
10-14-2008, 12:37 AM
what is "rep"?

Ignore

incoherent

JPaul
10-14-2008, 12:40 AM
"Trusted Anti-AntiTrader" :lol:

chalice
10-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Ignore

incoherent

It means you've been deemed a fucking twat.

And as far as I go, for what it's worth, I agree.

/ignore.

puckface
10-14-2008, 12:43 AM
"Trusted Anti-AntiTrader" :lol:

and?

JPaul
10-14-2008, 12:48 AM
incoherent

/ignore.

Since when did "been deemed" mean "proven yourself to be"

I think you may be mistaken there old bean. There's no deeming about it.

puckface
10-14-2008, 12:49 AM
incoherent

/ignore.

haha, a fucking twat? is it becausee I invaded your little lounge clique, or because i traded? Or I dont like chiIdren? I mean I don't hold anything against you because you don't speak English well.

Taking people at face value is tough here I guess.

chalice
10-14-2008, 12:56 AM
Since when did 'being deemed' equate itself to 'having been deemed' to me 'giving a fuck about' 'proven to being deemed' anywhere in this thread?

As you should know, I am an arbitrary cunt and I will behave as such, such as the mood such takes me.

You cunt. Or something else.

JPaul
10-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Since when did 'being deemed' equate itself to 'having been deemed' to me 'giving a fuck about' 'proven to being deemed' anywhere in this thread?

As you should know, I am an arbitrary cunt and I will behave as such, such as the mood such takes me.

You cunt. Or something else.

I really can't argue with that.

True Story.

chalice
10-14-2008, 01:01 AM

/ignore.

haha, a fucking twat? is it becausee I invaded your little lounge clique, or because i traded? Or I dont like chiIdren? I mean I don't hold anything against you because you don't speak English well.

Taking people at face value is tough here I guess.

No matter what you might say, I'll still behave as a cunt, as is my wont. It's wot I do. I actually laid back for a while to see your reaction. Fact is, you were pretty reasonable. This annoyed me.

Now I'll just be a cunt for no good particular reason.

But this is the lounge and I can't think of anything else to do. Or want to, lke.

wazza100
10-14-2008, 09:19 AM

that is all.

people with young children are also called milfs :P, so as long as the mums are hot im not too fussed

Barbarossa
10-14-2008, 09:28 AM

It really does exist, I've seen it with my own eyes... :mellow:

JPaul
10-14-2008, 09:38 AM

Maybe you misunderstood him because you don't speak English very well, like Chavis.

Barbarossa
10-14-2008, 09:52 AM
I speak English like a native! :snooty:

JPaul
10-14-2008, 10:03 AM
A native of where.

chalice
10-14-2008, 10:05 AM

Maybe you misunderstood him because you don't speak English very well, like Chavis.

I thought I was pretty lucid, having drunk 2 bottles of Chilean Merlot, like.

But's that's always been my downfall. :smilie4:

CrabGirl
10-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Yum!

I'm stressing today. Could do with some wine

chalice
10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
When do you leave, like?

CrabGirl
10-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Go up for three days next week, then back here, then up on a more permanent basis on the 27th. I've got loads to do here, around the house and stuff before I go. Argh

chalice
10-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Do what I do. Watch films and call people names on the internets until the very last minute, then freak the fuck out.

It works, trust me.

You can call me names if you like. I don't mind.

CrabGirl
10-14-2008, 10:20 AM
MOTHERFUCKING TOSSPOT WANKFACE ARSEDRIBBLING CUNT!

Thanks! That feels better.

That'll be £10 please.

chalice
10-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Glad to be of service. :happy:

Actually, that was kinda hawt. :happy:

JPaul
10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I've got a semi and I was only watching

JPaul
10-14-2008, 10:26 AM
When I say a semi I obviously mean a half erect penis, reading things on the internet. Not a house joined onto someone else's, that would be really embarrassing.

chalice

Fuck ye, JP, you made me spill coffee on me laptop.

JPaul
All in a days work.

Barbarossa
10-14-2008, 10:27 AM
When I say a semi I obviously mean a half erect penis, reading things on the internet. Not a house joined onto someone else's, that would be really embarrassing.

You can read with your jap's eye. That's quite something! :O

JPaul
10-14-2008, 10:30 AM

You can read with your jap's eye. That's quite something! :O

Years of training mate. It all started when my plane crashed, high up in the Himalayas ...

CrabGirl
10-14-2008, 10:38 AM
:glag:

I think that would be my ideal job, calling men filthy names for money! It'd provide a much needed service and would work out a lot of my stress and aggression

JPaul
10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
You could provide that as an alternative to aroma massage.

Wait, think it thro'. If you're in a hotel of an evening with little to do you could make a few quid. Angry wee Greek burd chat, it's a win.

CrabGirl
10-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Shut your dirty filthy trap you miserable pathetic spineless little worm.

Oooo. This feels good!

CrabGirl
10-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I need black stilleto boots.

JPaul
10-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Shut your dirty filthy trap you miserable pathetic spineless little worm.

Oooo. This feels good!

I knew that it wood.

Skweeky
10-14-2008, 11:22 AM
I need black stilleto boots.

I'd lend you mine, but you don't look like a size 8:ermm:

Squeamous
10-14-2008, 03:03 PM

You probably have a great marriage because you never have the time to argue. When you retire however I give you 6 months and you'll be bludgeoning her with a bookend and spooning her brains into your cereal, trust me.

Skweeky
10-14-2008, 03:04 PM
With a working day like that I'd be surprised if he makes in to retirement age :S

Squeamous
10-14-2008, 03:09 PM

Kids can get hyper and I can only speak for mine but when hyper, SGG in particular, could moon walk sideways up walls (orange smarties were good for this). However there is a difference between a kid on duracel batteries and an obnoxious ill mannered little git (often a carbon copy of the parent to be honest). Sometimes tiring, the former are just being kids and there is nothing wrong with that at all - the latter we should be allowed to line up to take a free boot at (and give the kid a quick clip around the ear too). :whistling imho

See, this is where the problem lies. Those kids that are naturally hyperactive need exhausting. They need stuff to do, preferably physically until they're too tired to move. However, both parents work these days so they never have the time to spend with their kids. You can't let them play outside and roam with their friends for fear of them getting in trouble, but you can't just bang a kid like that in a classroom and then in front of the telly when they get home and wonder why they act up.

Squeamous
10-14-2008, 03:10 PM
With a working day like that I'd be surprised if he makes in to retirement age :S

I reckon he's just going out and working a normal 9-5 and spending the rest of the time wanking :ermm:.

Skweeky
10-14-2008, 03:17 PM

See, this is where the problem lies. Those kids that are naturally hyperactive need exhausting. They need stuff to do, preferably physically until they're too tired to move. However, both parents work these days so they never have the time to spend with their kids. You can't let them play outside and roam with their friends for fear of them getting in trouble, but you can't just bang a kid like that in a classroom and then in front of the telly when they get home and wonder why they act up.

I don't think that is necessarily true. My niece's mum was a stay-at-home mum because Inne has ADHD. She took her to several activities every day and she was allowed outside as often and as much as she liked but the child was inexhaustible. It wasn't a matter of trying to exhaust her, it was just the fact that she was so hyper all of the time and so interested (for a very short period of time) in everything new around her that she sometimes genuinly was very difficult to control.

It's not very nice to take a child like that out somewhere whilst constantly getting evil glares from other people.
Point is, kids will be kids and sometimes they will act up because they do not understand things like social boundaries yet. You can only deal with it within your ability.

Squeamous
10-14-2008, 03:22 PM
I am totally not convinced about ADHD...I think it exists but I don't think it exists with anything like the frequency people say it does. It is possible to exhaust a child with lots of energy, it's just that the modern world is fucked up and that doesn't help.

Skweeky
10-14-2008, 03:30 PM
It was rather fashionable to have ADHD at some point.

JPaul
10-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Everything is ADHD, OCD, Dyslexia or something else nowadays. There's hardly any normal weans left.

Back in the day you had brats and thickos and they got a good boot up the arse. That soon solved their deep psychological problems.

Squeamous
10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qJXi8czPLYA&feature=related

Biggles
10-14-2008, 06:34 PM

Their Ritilout thing was cracking too.

Tiring kids out is exhausting work :ermm: I think Gary Glitter missed a trick there.

Squeamous
10-15-2008, 01:48 PM
You're suggesting people use their penises to quieten their children? This is all very well but some of us are disadvantaged from the start. Fascist :snooty:.

Skweeky
10-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm trying to figure out if getting a dog would be the way to go.

Barbarossa
10-15-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm trying to figure out if getting a dog would be the way to go.

You've kind of left it a little late for this kind of decision... :pinch:

ed: The way I see it is that dogs will always be dogs, but babies won't always be babies... :smilie4:

Skweeky
10-15-2008, 03:50 PM

I meant that I was wondering if it is a good idea to get a dog when the kids are a certain age so I can force them to take it out for a walk.

Barbarossa
10-15-2008, 03:53 PM
:lol: I genuinely misunderstood you there. It's not often that happens - normally I do it on purpose :smilie4:

Squeamous
10-15-2008, 04:03 PM
I understood you Skweeky. don't be too hard on him, he's only a man :console:.

Barbarossa
10-15-2008, 04:06 PM
I understood you Skweeky. don't be too hard on him, he's only a man :console:.

Cut me some slack, it's quite an effort to bring myself down to this level day in day out... :P

Squeamous
10-15-2008, 04:14 PM
:snooty:

Skweeky
10-15-2008, 05:49 PM
:snooty:

Skweeky
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.mikeshorts.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/thinice1.JPG

brotherdoobie
10-15-2008, 06:48 PM

-bd

Biggles
10-15-2008, 08:17 PM
You're suggesting people use their penises to quieten their children? This is all very well but some of us are disadvantaged from the start. Fascist :snooty:.

Penises will be provided!*

*must be said with an Ian Paisley accent.

Barbarossa
10-16-2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.mikeshorts.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/thinice1.JPG

Hahahaha :lol: :earl:

Squeamous
10-16-2008, 11:44 AM

Penises will be provided!*

*must be said with an Ian Paisley accent.

Reminds me of this:

there's a famous story about General de Gaulle, and he was finally retiring from public office and he was at a dinner in London, and somebody said in English to his wife, 'Oh, Madame de Gaulle, now that the General is retiring, what are you looking forward to?' And she said, 'A penis.' There was a shocked silence and then the General turned to her and said, 'No, no, my dear, I sink ze Eenglish pronounce it, 'appiness'.

puckface
10-16-2008, 02:09 PM

You probably have a great marriage because you never have the time to argue. When you retire however I give you 6 months and you'll be bludgeoning her with a bookend and spooning her brains into your cereal, trust me.

retire? Ill be dead before that age. Owning a bar has its job hazards.

pedobear
10-17-2008, 02:58 PM

that is all.

:ermm:

what do you expect from children ?ffs leave those kids alone