PDA

View Full Version : trade/giveaway section poll

Polarbear
10-13-2008, 03:49 PM
are you happy with the divided Invite Giveaways And Requests and Invite Trades sections?

don't post a simple yes or no, that's what the poll's for. give a reason for your answer. tell us why ....

Tokeman
10-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Yes. Cleans up the damn spammers spamming the invite trade threads just to bump up their post count, or try to discourage traders.
Also seems to have encouraged more giveaways IMO.

integral
10-13-2008, 03:55 PM
No, because account giveaways are unfortunately still permitted to happen in the giveaway/request section. I wish the people who give away the accounts, as well as the people who accept the accounts, would realize that it is wrong, and that sort of stuff belongs in the trade section. :)

ajsi
10-13-2008, 04:00 PM
you can't say anything bad about it, because it is just normal that these sections are divided. i don't have to spend time with being look for ga threads, and i haven't seen a post like trading sucks, you are a f**king trader and so on for a long time. traders have their own section where they got their business and so do non traders
btw what is your opinion PB?

kaffeine
10-13-2008, 04:05 PM
are you happy with the divided Invite Giveaways And Requests and Invite Trades sections?

don't post a simple yes or no, that's what the poll's for. give a reason for your answer. tell us why ....
I don't visit either of the sections that much, I just read them from time to time to report threads that are breaking the rules.

In my opinion FST would improve considerably if both sections were deleted.

What about you mate?

Polarbear
10-13-2008, 04:13 PM
btw what is your opinion PB?

What about you mate?

as the poll starter i prefer to keep my opinion to myself. i don't want to influence the poll results or the discussion.

if you're really curious about it feel free to pm me. ;)

alcoholik
10-13-2008, 04:16 PM
ofc ;)

Aether
10-13-2008, 05:00 PM
As long as trading is allowed, :frusty:, there should be separated sections. This allows people who dont want to trade to stay clear of traders and trading threads.

Tokeman
10-13-2008, 05:23 PM
No, because account giveaways are unfortunately still permitted to happen in the giveaway/request section. I wish the people who give away the accounts, as well as the people who accept the accounts, would realize that it is wrong, and that sort of stuff belongs in the trade section. :)

That would be an excellent point to bring up to staff here. The section is labeled INVITE giveaways, not Tracker giveaways. Perhaps they should rename it, or like you said, have account giveaways be done in the trading section.

Either would be acceptable to me.

brightsid
10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
It's better this way. First of all I enjoy this forum much better without the WTAW thread
It's not because like or dislike trading, I personaly don't like trading, but I have to agree with Tokeman and integral account givaways belong to the trading section

Eargasm
10-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I'll be honest, I have not even looked at the trade section since the split. You could remove it for all I care.

So yes, I'm glad they were split.

IdolEyes787
10-13-2008, 11:09 PM

That would be an excellent point to bring up to staff here. The section is labeled INVITE giveaways, not Tracker giveaways. Perhaps they should rename it, or like you said, have account giveaways be done in the trading section.

Account giveaways should have there own subsection to reinforce the fact that they are far different from giving away an invite.
Other than that I'm non lascivio.The poll was placed here to bolster a particular viewpoint rather than gain any insight..

Also isn't this in the wrong section?Shouldn't it be in "Anything Related to the Board"?

Funkin'
10-14-2008, 01:56 AM
I don't really care either way. However, I would like to see the giveaway and trades sections totally disappear, and only a request section remain.

Cabalo
10-14-2008, 02:00 AM
everyone has room for themselves. Live and let live.

IMO giving invites away is as wrong as trading accounts. There's not really much of a difference, site's security-wise. Both are a big breach.

soulreaper
10-14-2008, 02:14 PM
This wholly depends on perspective. From the trader's perspective splitting up the two sections and having a "no-trolling" sticky means that they could easily trade without getting flamed by anti-traders. From the anti-trader's perspective, well they'll just have to troll/preach elsewhere.

With the sections being divided, both parties(traders and nontraders) are going about their thing in peace(the flaming's majorly reduced) so I guess that's a win-win situation for FST. I'd go so far as to say that splitting up the two sections achieved the desired result as the trolling had gone out of control.

Another important aspect to note here is that FST is an independent board which isn't run by other torrent site's rules.In short,traders are free to trade.
This simple fact doesn't go down well with certain "esteemed" members here and they like to occassionally put down traders.
I find this laughable and ironic because these very same "by-the-book" members are breaching FST's rules by trolling and flaming threads.

Personally,I'd prefer only an invite request section as Funkin stated.

Totti
10-14-2008, 04:12 PM
i think that the separation was a good idea the threads have allot less flaming in them now and you don't have to read the same "don't trade trading is evil" message in every other thread that you open. if someone wants to trade so be it if he manages to get what he looking for that way then good for him although i am against that method...

lubu
10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
The invite section should be divided into requests and offers

Adama
10-14-2008, 05:22 PM
damn and here we are back to that anti trader shit
it's the best action ever
trader have their section this way we eliminate all that spam about (trade suck .......)
and non trader ,anti traders have their section
so stay in your fucking section

Artemis
10-15-2008, 07:24 AM
trader have their section this way we eliminate all that spam about (trade suck .......)

Excellent, another rational and well thought out argument from the peanut gallery, how exactly did that post in anyway help this discussion ? and therefore is that not spam in itself ?
It was the staff on this board that decided to separate the requests from trades, and by and large it has been a good thing, with far less rivalry between those who trade and those who do not, but then the spam and flaming came from both sides as so ably demonstrated by the above quoted post.

Sanka113
10-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Like many have said before me, I think it has smoothed over trader/antitrader relations a little bit. People aren't trolling and attacking each other nearly as much as it had been before they divided the sections.

LubTheStaringCat
10-15-2008, 08:05 AM

At the end of the day you'll like It or loath It, and as “Adama” each has their own section now.