PDA

View Full Version : 80's Hitz

Keikan
09-06-2003, 07:07 AM
Anyone know any good 80's songs, I can't think of any.

Broken
09-06-2003, 07:10 AM
umm... that child molestor umm... oh, yea anything by micheal jackson

sharedholder
09-06-2003, 07:11 AM
I love 80's ,here you can download with EMULE or SHAREAZA GTA.Vice.City.Soundtrack http://www.filedonkey.com/search.html?patt...mit=Invia+query (http://www.filedonkey.com/search.html?pattern=gta+vice+city+soundtrack&min_size=&max_size=&scope=&submit=Invia+query) OR MAKE A SEARCH ON THE bITTORENT SITES.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-06-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder@6 September 2003 - 02:11
I love 80's ,here you can download with EMULE or SHAREAZA GTA.Vice.City.Soundtrack http://www.filedonkey.com/search.html?patt...mit=Invia+query (http://www.filedonkey.com/search.html?pattern=gta+vice+city+soundtrack&min_size=&max_size=&scope=&submit=Invia+query) OR MAKE A SEARCH ON THE bITTORENT SITES.
:D Have to agree with sharedholder here...Vice City is a nice Box Set of 80's Music.There are other Sets out there but Vice City Set is real Popular so lots of Sources for Download.....7 CDs. :D

CrumbCat
09-06-2003, 07:17 AM
ALBUMS:

Here are CrumbCat's picks of the best albums of the new wave era, obviously concentrating on the eighties. Some are probably on the edge of new wavism, but all are extremely influential to those that followed.

Duran Duran, Rio (May 1982)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 2, USA – 6, Australia – 1
Cool Singles: Save A Prayer, Hungry Like The Wolf

Rio is a wonderful snapshot of the time when new romanticism finally broke into America, and has a breadth of style and (dare I say it) song quality that was rarely bettered by Duran Duran or anyone else. Great variation in mood from slow Bowie’esque to ‘heavy’ pop, and clever mixing of synth and guitar. Simon Le Bon is cocky and pouting and a perfect hungry wolf. Like all the Jimmy Top 20, it can still be listened and danced to in 2002, beating most current pop easily.

Blondie, Parallel Lines (Sep 1978)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 6, Australia – 4
Cool Singles: Heart Of Glass, Picture This

This album is at the early edge of new wave, blending Deborah Harry’s glam/punk attitude with some great pop songs – she comes across as a female Bowie wannabe. "Heart Of Glass" was a great influence on many who would follow in the early 80s because of it’s powerful synth layer and dance beat (and it’s chart success). Many songs on the album have great lyrics and there is a balance between nice little love/life songs such as "Sunday Girl" and aggressive tracks with attitude like "One Way Or Another" and "Hanging On The Telephone".

Adam & The Ants, Kings Of The Wild Frontier (Nov 1980)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 44, Australia – 2
Cool Singles: Antmusic, Physical (You’re So)

Just after Malcolm McLaren ‘stole’ all the Ants to form Bow Wow Wow, Adam hooked up with guitarist Marco Pirroni to create the songs for "Kings Of The Wild Frontier". The image they created with the songs, especially "Antmusic" and the title track, and the whole campy ‘arthouse indian’ clothes and accessories look, really set them aside from everyone else. It was OK to play dress-ups and prance around saying how ‘silly’ and fun you were. This album sounds like nothing else at the time, or since, which is why it’s in the Jimmy Top 20.

Human League, Dare (Oct 1981)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 3, Australia – 3
Cool Singles: Don't You Want Me, Love Action

"Dare" is art and fashion mating with synthesisers without producing a group of complete pratts. The sound makes great use of the technology many were playing with at the time, but adds a big layer of 'real' emotion that was often missing in synth/pop. From the first track "The Things That Dreams Are Made Of” Phil Oakley’s voice is almost pleading with us to listen. The whole atmosphere is quite dark and adrenalising; they experiment with layers of sound really well, producing some of the best singles – "Love Action" and "Don’t You Want Me" – of the era.

Simple Minds, New Gold Dream [81-82-83-84] (Sep 1982)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 3, USA – 64, Australia – 8
Cool Singles: Someone, Somewhere In Summertime, New Gold Dream

The best Scottish new wavers, Simple Minds are quite aspirational on this record. Jim Kerr and crew were becoming experts at adding heaps of electronic layers to create a very deep sound that complimented his voice. The title track and many others encourage us to think and dream, containing a certain unrequited hope; anyway, this is different and better and a real era erogenous zone.

Gary Numan, The Pleasure Principle (Sep 1979)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – x, Australia – 24
Cool Singles: Cars, Metal

This is the most popular Gary Numan album, from an absolute innovator whose influence on new wave, then techno, went largely unrecognised. He creates such harsh atmospheres, mockingly robotic; with great echoing beats and use of guitar. The harmonising between voice and synth is really clever, producing an effect that links him to the technology. Scary.

David Bowie, Let’s Dance (Apr 1983)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 4, Australia – 1
Cool Singles: China Girl, Cat People

For a change Bowie is following others with "Lets Dance", but he did influence all the new romantics anyway. He merges funk and disco with a new wave edge; some of the songwriting is fantastic; like in "China Girl" when we are fooled into thinking its just a love/lust story until the end. There are many Bowie albums like "Scary Monsters" and "Ziggy Stardust" that are more innovative, but this album demonstrates the power of someone who created a genre and then said “OK, now it's my turn lads”.

Pete Gabriel, So (May 1986)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 2, Australia – 5
Cool Singles: Sledgehammer, Red Rain

So is one of the few (sort-of) happy records from Peter Gabriel, and one that let him amaze the masses with borderline crazy, creative, tongue-in-cheek videos. Apart from the anthems, a duet with Kate Bush, "Don’t Give Up", is excellent, as is the Ultravox’y "We Do What We’re Told". Gabriel uses base and drums very well with his layered crackling smoke of a voice; creating a funk/rock/pop mix that slides down the end of the new wave.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Welcome To The Pleasuredome (Nov 1984)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 33, Australia – 7
Cool Singles: Relax, The Power Of Love

These guys took overt sex talk to a new level, taunting the homophobes with one of the best touch-me dance tunes ever in "Relax". I also love how they picked a chest-beating American anthem from Bruce Springsteen - "Born To Run" - and made it even more over-the-top. Unfortunately with label hassles and internal problems this group was’nt around for long, but they left a unique take on society and politics that is lasting.

New Order, Power Corruption And Lies (May 1983)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 4, USA – x, Australia – x
Cool Singles: Your Silent Face, Blue Monday (US release)

This is an emergence from the tragic end of Joy Division, into new wave electronica that can be tranced to. Apart from dance club hit "Blue Monday" (US release), still played today (even by disco-queen Kylie Minogue), "Your Silent Face" is brilliantly emotional and frustrated. The sound is uniquely New Order and Bernard Sumner’s voice is completely suited to their social conscience. Reminds me of Thom Yorke (Radiohead) sometimes, which is even better.

The Police, Synchronicity (Jun 1983)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 1, Australia –1
Cool Singles: Tea In The Sahara, Every Breath You Take

This is The Police’s final album, and was the best songwriting in terms of sophistication. "Every Breath You Take" is an emotional smack on the bum, despite it’s simplicity; and I love the softness of "Wrapped Around Your Finger" and "Tea in the Sahara”. Sting is starting to look around him, alone from his bandmates, and you can see the beginnings of his social activism. A great album to listen to start to finish.

Soft Cell, Non Stop Erotic Cabaret (Dec 1981)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 5, USA – 22, Australia – x
Cool Singles: Tainted Love, Say Hello Wave Goodbye

Marc Almond is apparently obsessed with the darker side of sexuality and deviance, and this comes out pretty clearly here, with the definitely n-n-naughty "Tainted Love" cutting technology to an absolute minimum and still maintaining a huge danceable atmosphere. He has one of the great voices, not just suited to sleaze, but the album is pretty scary at times thanks to it’s preoccupations. This is an important album because of it’s exploration of another electronic mood, and Soft Cell held themselves up as pretentious in a nastier way than their new wave colleagues, which was sometimes a bit closer to the truth.

Madonna, True Blue (Jul 1986)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 1, Australia – 1
Cool Singles: Papa Don’t Preach, Live To Tell, True Blue

Madonna became a worldwide megastar with "True Blue". The album is manufactured by a master manipulator, but some songs test much ‘deeper’ subjects than almost all pop, supporting the theory of her fearsome intelligence and chipped shoulders. She has learned emotion layering from the new wavers, cuteness from traditional rock and roll and uses a good thumping echoing drum to penetrate ballads like "Live To Tell". Even though it feels like Madonna is trying out lots of styles and moods, hoping that at least one makes her millions, at least she is willing to experiment. And "True Blue" takes you on a great up and down ride; a classic album to listen to all at once.

Yazoo, Upstairs At Eric’s (May 1982)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 2, USA – 92, Australia – 10
Cool Singles: Don’t Go, Only You, Goodbye Seventies

In a time dominated by ‘beautiful boys’, Alison Moyet had just the right big mamma strength and pitch to differentiate Vince Clarke’s songs. Clarke is truly a founder of the electronic movement, having been in Depeche Mode for it’s first album, and continuing to this day with Erasure. Yazoo's music is very sparce, with minimal layers of synth ("Only You" is a perfect example), and a bit melancholy most of the time, but Moyet adds some aggro to the balance, which is OK, is’nt it? “Don’t Go” is a brilliant dance track that starts the whole album off with a grand bang, and yet again heaps better than much of the pop/dance work of today.

Tears For Fears, Songs From The Big Chair (Mar 1985)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 2, USA – 1, Australia – 5
Cool Singles: Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Shout

There is an amazing complexity to this album, both in terms of lyrics and in the influences it draws from. Tears For Fears were/are a new wave player, but they included soul or R&B here that was far more sincere than their contemporaries – they needed these sounds to deliver the message. "Everybody Wants to Rule the World” captures the excess of excess in the 80s, and could be used again today; have we learned anything? Even though Roland Orzabal can take himself too seriously, he and Curt Smith are very clever musicians; "The Hurting" is just as good, but just misses the top 20.

Roxy Music, Avalon (May 1982)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 53, Australia – 1
Cool Singles: More Than This, Avalon

Bryan Ferry is cited as an influence by most new wave acts, for his seduction and elegance; for the sound and style of his voice and movement. "Avalon" is definitely elegant. Waves of synth and guitar are used by Roxy Music to create a wonderful romance with the listener. Music to love and lust to, and everything so well textured and produced; there is a layer of cool world-weariness that no-one else has been able to emulate. Like Bowie, Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music can blow away the young upstart competition effortlessly.

The Smiths, Hatful Of Hollow (Nov 1984)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 7, USA – x, Australia – x
Cool Singles: What Difference Does It Make?, This Charming Man, How Soon Is Now?

Morrissey talks to you when he sings; you can feel him putting himself and you down at the same time. This album is a semi-compilation, but includes tracks not present in "The Smiths" album from a few months earlier; and it is better. There are no weak songs here, many with great flushes of sound, ceaseless cymbals and a great Johnny Marr guitar. And even the line ‘Let me get my hands on your mammary glands’ just to bring some relief.

Depeche Mode, Violator (Mar 1990)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 2, USA – 7
Cool Singles: Personal Jesus, Policy Of Truth,

‘I’ll take you to the highest mountain’ – a line from the opening track and it is accurate; this is their best album, and maybe the best of it’s type ever, baby. It is emotional, dark, deep, shallow, danceable, simple, complex with brilliant echoing, sometimes twisted vocals from Dave Gahan. "Personal Jesus" is one of my favourite tracks of any era; it makes the hairs stand on necks everywhere and just reeks of right and wrong. “Policy Of Truth” just takes us into the lying room and shuts the door; it makes my head move all over the place. Martin Gore is an amazing songwriter and at the extreme end of new wave’s power in 1990, his lyrics are still challenging and ambiguous, compositions brilliant. Oops, I’m gushing too much, sorry.

Spandau Ballet, True (Jun 1983)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 1, USA – 19, Australia – 4
Cool Singles: True, Gold

"True" is white soul by new romantics, picking up a lot from Roxy Music; with a similar underlying world-weary sophisticate tone. The lyrics are completely meaningless most of the time but sound, well, poetic, when Tony Hadley sings them in such a smooth smothering voice. Spandau Ballet try and be true romantics, but the reason this album is so good is because of it’s contrived posing. Everything is supposedly cutting edge with these guys, but we know that it was more about making fashion statements, not social or political ones. The absolute antithesis of punk, but Malcolm Maclaren (creator of The Sex Pistols) could’nt have made something better.

Ultravox, Vienna (Oct 1980)
Peak Chart Positions: UK – 3, USA – x, Australia – 4
Cool Singles: Vienna, Sleepwalk

"Vienna" is like waking up feeling uneasy after a strange dream. Ultravox are another major influence on new wavers; one of the first to create dark synth moods, use lots of sound layers, and try and mix hard guitars with technology. This album is ground-breaking because it is 2-3 years before the peak of new wave, and these new instruments are sounding pretty slick. Midge Ure has an interesting fragility to his voice that seems to leave nice gaps for synths and effects to fill.

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
© Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.

Keikan
09-06-2003, 07:22 AM
Forgot to mention 80's rock I'll take a look on a vc soundtrack, is it on kazaa?

Celerystalksme
09-06-2003, 07:23 AM
holy sh!t...thats a lot of stuff crumbcat...looks like me will be reading for a long time :D

sharedholder
09-06-2003, 07:25 AM
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/dre800/e853/e85388r6f67.jpg

CrumbCat
09-06-2003, 07:25 AM
SINGLES

Most of these singles do not come from the top 20 albums funnily enough, but if I had just one 20-track CD left for my trip to Big Brother or Survivor or Temptation Island, it would have these songs on it.

Adam Ant, Antmusic (Sep 1980)

A-Ha, The Sun Always Shines On TV (May 1985)

Blondie, Atomic (Feb 1980)

David Bowie, Fashion (Nov 1980)

Depeche Mode, Just Can’t Get Enough (Jan 1982)

Duran Duran, Planet Earth (May 1981)

Eurythmics, Sweet Dreams [Are Made Of This] (Jan 1983)

Bryan Ferry, Slave To Love (May 1985)

Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Relax (Feb 1984)

Heaven 17, Temptation (Feb 1983)

Human League, Don’t You Want Me (Feb 1982)

Joy Division, Love Will Tear Us Apart (Feb 1979)

New Order, Blue Monday (Mar 1983)

Police, Don’t Stand So Close To Me (Sep 1980)

Psychedelic Furs, Pretty In Pink (Apr 1981)

Simple Minds, Waterfront (Nov 1983)

Soft Cell, Tainted Love (Oct 1981)

Spandau Ballet, True (Jun 1983)

Tears For Fears, Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Mar 1985)

Ultravox, Vienna (Jan 1981)

I trust this list has been helpful - those are must-have songs.

CrumbCat
09-06-2003, 07:28 AM
Boy how I love that 80's 'New Wave' music.

The best music ever made, IMO.

CrumbCat
09-06-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Celerystalksme@6 September 2003 - 00:23
holy sh!t...thats a lot of stuff crumbcat...looks like me will be reading for a long time :D
I'm a nut when it comes to 80's (new wave) :lol:

Enjoy the reading.

zacspeed
09-06-2003, 07:50 AM
Teardrop Explodes "Reward"

Propaganda "Duel"

2 of the finest examples of 80's "pop" music you will ever hear! (IMHO) :P

MUSLEMAN
09-06-2003, 08:00 AM
ok between shareholder and CrumbCat i have nothing to add they pretty much got all the good ones :lol:

CrumbCat
09-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@6 September 2003 - 01:00
ok between shareholder and CrumbCat i have nothing to add they pretty much got all the good ones :lol:
Oh, there are many, many more excellent songs from the 80's -I'm just too tired to list them all :lol:

MUSLEMAN
09-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by CrumbCat+6 September 2003 - 04:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CrumbCat @ 6 September 2003 - 04:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN@6 September 2003 - 01:00
ok between shareholder and CrumbCat i have nothing to add they pretty much got all the good ones&nbsp; :lol:
Oh, there are many, many more excellent songs from the 80&#39;s -I&#39;m just too tired to list them all :lol:

© Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved. [/b][/quote]
ya right you gonna list them all don&#39;t lie :lol: :lol: :lol:

sharedholder
09-06-2003, 09:28 AM
Top 40 Chart List - 1980

1. Let&#39;s Get Serious - Jermaine Jackson
2. Rock With You - Michael Jackson
3. Take Your Time - The S.O.S. Band
4. The Second Time Around - Shalamar
5. And The Beat Goes On - The Whispers
6. One In A Million You - Larry Graham
7. Do U Love What You Feel - Rufus/Chaka Khan
8. Don&#39;t Say Goodnight - Isley Brothers
9. I Wanna Be Your Lover - Prince
10. Ladies Night - Kool & The Gang
11. Cruisin&#39; - Strokey Robinson
12. Special Lady - Ray, Goodman, & Brown
13. Stomp - The Brothers Johnson
14. Shining Star - Manhattans
15. Funkytown - Lipps Inc
16. Knee Deep - Funkadelic
17. Give Me The Night - George Benson
18. Sweet Sensation - Stephanie Mills
19. Upside Down - Diana Boss
20. All Night Thing - The Invisible Man&#39;s Band
21. Too Hot - Kool & The Gang
22. Peanut Butter - Twennynine Featuring Lenny White
23. Lady - The Whispers
24. Just A Touch Of Love- Slave
25. You And Me - Bookie Robbins
26. Haven&#39;t You Heard - Patrice Rushen
27. I Shoulda Loved You - Narada Michael Walden
28. Don&#39;t Push It, Don&#39;t Force It - Leon Haywood
29. A Lover&#39;s Holiday - Change
30. Don&#39;t Let Go - Isaac Hayes
31. Landlord - Gladys Knight & The Pips
32. Working My Way Back To You/Forgive Me Girl - Spinners
33. Still - Commodores
34. Gotta Get My Hands On Some - Fatback
35. Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll - Vaughn Mason & Crew
36. Move Your Boogie Body - Bar-Kays
37. Two Places At The Same Time - Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio
38. Rapper&#39;s Delight - Sugar Hill Gang
39. Let Me Be The Clock - Smokey Robinson
40. I Call Your Name - Switch

Top 40 Chart List - 1981

1. Endless Love - Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
2. Master Blaster - Stevie Wonder
3. Give It To Me Baby - Rick James
4. Don&#39;t Stop The Music - Yarbrough and Peoples
5. Being With You - Smokey Robinson
6. Double Dutch Bus - Frankie Smith
7. Celebration - Kool and The Gang
8. Sukiyaki - A Taste Of Honey Capitol
9. What Cha&#39; Gonna Do For Me - Chaka Khan
10. Fantastic Voyage - Lakeside
11. A Woman Memos Love - Ray Parker Jr and Raydic
12. Burn Rubber - Gap Band
13. How &#39;Bout Us - Champaign
14. It&#39;s A Love Thing - The Whispers
15. Watching You - Slave
16. Just The Two Of Us - Grover Washington Jr
17. Two Hearts - Stephanie Mills
18. Freaky Dancin&#39; - Cameo
19. She&#39;s A Bad Mama Jama - Carl Carlton
20. Magic Man - Robert Winters and Fall
21. Just Be My Lady - Larry Graham
22. I&#39;m In Love - Evelyn King
23. Together - Tierra
24. Thighs High - Tom Browns
25. Make That Move - Shalamar
26. Shake It Up Tonight - Cheryl Lynn
27. Love On A Two Way Street - Stacy Lattisaw
28. Sweet Baby - Stanley Clarke/George Duke
29. Square Biz - Teena Marie
30. Lady You Bring Me Up - Commodores
31. Night - Billy Ocean
32. Yearning For Your Love - The Gap Band
33. Bon Bon Vie - T.S. Monk
34. When Love Calls - Atlantic Starr
35. Slow Hand - Pointer Sisters
36. Love Over And Over Again - Switch
37. All American Girls - Sister Sledge
35. Pull Up To The Bumper - Grace Jones
39. I Just Love The Man - The Jones Girls
40. Paradise - Change

Top 40 Chart List - 1982

1. That Girl - Stevie Wonder
2. Let&#39;s Groove - Earth, Wind & Fire
3. Let It Whip - Dazz Band
4. Love Come Down - Evelyn King
5. Jump To It - Aretha Franklin
6. And I&#39;m Telling You I&#39;m Not Going - Jennifer Holliday
7. Early In The Morning - The Gap Band
8. Call Me - Skyy
9. If It Ain&#39;t One Thing It&#39;s Another - Richard &#39;Dimples&#39; Fields
10. I Really Don&#39;t Need No Light - Jeffrey Osborne
11. Forget Me Nots - Patrice Rushen
12. It&#39;s Gonna Take A Miracle - Deniece Williams
13. Dance Floor - Zapp
14. Street Corner - Ashford & Simpson
15. We Go A Long Way Back - Bloodstone
16. Turn Your Love Around - George Benson
17. The Other Woman - Ray Parker Jr.
18. Let The Feeling Flow - Peabo Bryson
19. One Hundred Ways - Quincy Jones Featuring James Ingram
20. Take My Heart - Kool & The Gang
21. Circles - Atlantic Starr
22. Do I Do - Stevie Wonder
23. Let Me Go - Ray Parker Jr.
24. Tell Me Tomorrow - Smokey Robinson
25. Hit And Run - Bar-Kays
26. Mama Used To Say - Junior
27. Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger) - Donna Summer
28. Ebony & Ivory - Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder
29. I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Roger
30. I Want To Hold Your Hank - Lakeside
31. Too Late - Junior
32. Dance Wit&#39; Me - Rick James
33. Planet Rock - Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
34. If You Think You&#39;re Lonely Now - Bobby Womack
35. I Can&#39;t Go For That - Daryl Hall & John Oates
36. Standing On The Top - The Temptations Featuring Rick James
37. Cutie Pie - One Way
38. You&#39;re My Latest, My Greatest Inspiration - Teddy Pendergrass
39. Cool Part 1 - The Time
40. So Fine - Howard Johnson

Top 40 Chart List - 1983

1. Every Breath You Take - The Police
2. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
3. Flashdance...What A Feeling - Irene Cara
4. Down Under - Men At Work
5. Beat It - Michael Jackson
6. Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler
7. Maneater - Daryl Hall And John Oates
8. Baby Come To Me - Patti Austin And James Ingram
9. Maniac - Michael Sembello
10. Sweet Dreams - The Eurythmics
11. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club
12 You And I - Eddie Rabbitt With Crystal Gayle
13 Come On Eileen - Dexy&#39;s Midnight Runner&#39;s
14 Shame On The Moon - Bob Segar And The Silver Bullet Band
15 She Works Hard For The Money -Donna Summer
16. Never Gonna Let You Go - Sergio Mendes
17. Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran
18. Let&#39;s Dance - David Bowie
19. Twilight Zone - Golden Earring
20. I Know There&#39;s Something Going On - Frida
21. Jeopardy - The Greg Kihn Band
22. Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
23. She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby
24. Africa - Toto
25. Little Red Corvette - Prince
26. Back On The Chain Gang - The Pretenders
27. Up Where We Belong - Joe Cocker And Jennifer Warnes
28. Mr. Roboto - Styx
29. You Are -Lionel Richie (Motown)
30. Der Kommisar - After The Fire
31. Puttin&#39; On The Ritz -Taco
32. Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
33. (Keep Feelin&#39;) Fascination - The Human League
34. Time - Culture Club
35. The Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
36. Mickey - Toni Basil
37. You Can&#39;t Hurry Love - Phil Collins
38. Seperate Ways - Journey
39. One On One - Daryl Hall And John Oates
40. We&#39;ve Got Tonight - Kenny Rogers And Sheena Easton

Top 40 Chart List - 1984

1. When Doves Cry - Prince
2. What&#39;s Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner
3. Say, Say, Say - Paul Mccartney And Michael Jackson
4. Footloose - Kenny Loggins
5. Against All Odds - Phil Collins
6. Jump - Van Halen
7. Hello - Lionel Richie
8. Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Yes
9. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr.
10. Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
11. Missing You - John Waite
12. All Night Long - Lionel Richie
13. Let&#39;s Hear It For The Boy - Denise Williams
14. Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen
15. Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
16. The Reflex - Duran Duran
17. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
18. Jump - The Pointer Sisters
19. Talking In Your Sleep - The Romantics
20. Self Control - Laura Branigan
21. Let&#39;s Go Crazy - Prince And The Revolution
22. Say It Isn&#39;t So - Daryl Hall And John Oates
23. Hold Me Now - The Thompson Twins
24. Joanna - Kool And The Gang
25. I Just Called To Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder
26. Somebody&#39;s Watching Me - Rockwell
27. Break My Stride - Matthew Wilder
28. 99 Luftballons - Nena
29. I Can Dream About You - Dan Hartman
30. The Glamorous Life - Sheila E.
31. Oh Sherry - Steve Perry
32. Stuck On You - Lionel Richie
33. I Guess That&#39;s Why They Call It The Blues - Elton John
34. She Bop - Cyndi Lauper
35. Borderline - Madonna
36. Sunglasses At Night - Corey Hart
37. Eyes Without A Face - Billy Idol
38. Here Comes The Rain Again - The Eurythmics
39. Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
40. Sister Christian - Night Ranger

Top 40 Chart List - 1985

1. Careless Whisper - Wham&#33; Featuring George Michael
2. Like A Virgin - Madonna
3. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham&#33;
4. I Want To Know What Love Is – Foreigner
5. I Feel For You - Chaka Khan
6. Out Of Touch - Daryl Hall And John Oates
7. Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears
8. Money For Nothing - Dire Straits
9. Crazy For You - Madonna
10. Take On Me - A-Ha
11. Everytime You Go Away - Paul Young
12. Easy Lover - Philip Bailey With Phil Collins
13. Can&#39;t Fight This Feeling - Reo Speedwagon
14. We Built This City - Starship
15. The Power Of Love - Huey Lewis And The News
16. Don&#39;t You - Simple Minds
17. Cherish - Kool And The Gang
18. St. Elmo&#39;s Fire - John Parr
19. The Heat Is On - Glenn Frey
20. We Are The World - Usa For Africa
21. Shout - Tears For Fears
22. Part-Time Lover - Stevie Wonder
23. Saving All My Love For You - Whitney Houston
24. Heaven - Bryan Adams
25. Everything She Wants - Wham&#33;
26. Cool It Now - New Edition
27. Miami Vice Theme - Jan Hammer
28. Lover Boy - Billy Ocean
29. Lover Girl - Teena Marie
30. You Belong To The City - Glenn Frey
31. Oh Sheila - Ready For The World
32. Rhythm Of The Night - Debarge
33. One More Night - Phil Collins
34. Sea Of Love - The Honeydrippers
35. A View To A Kill - Duran Duran
36. The Wild Boys - Duran Duran
37. You&#39;re The Inspiration – Chicago
38. Neutron Dance - The Pointer Sisters
39. We Belong - Pat Benatar
40. Nightshift - The Commodores

Top 40 Chart List - 1986

1. On My Own - Patti Labelle & Michael Mcdonald
2. Do Me Baby - Melissa Morgan
3. Secret Lovers - Atlantic Starr
4. That&#39;s What Friends Are For - Dionne & Friends
5. Nasty - Janet Jackson
6. Kiss - Prince & The Revolution
7. Rumors - Timex Social Club
8. There&#39;ll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry) - Billy Ocean
9. I Have Learned To Respect The Power Of Love - Stephanie Mills
10. I Can&#39;t Wait - Nu Shooz
11. Say You, Say Me - Lionel Richie
12. Your Smile - Rene & Angela
13. What Have You Done For Me Lately - Janet Jackson
14. All Cried Out - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam With Full Force
15. Don&#39;t Say No Tonight - Eugene Wilde
16. The Rain - Oran Juice Jones
17. Word Up - Cameo
18. Closer Than Close - Jean Carne
19. Sweet Love - Anita Baker
20. The Finest - The S.O.S. Band
21. Do You Get Enough Love - Shirley Jones
22. The Sweetest Taboo - Sade
23. Ain&#39;t Nothin&#39; Goin&#39; On But The Rent - Gwen Guthrie
24. Guilty - Yarbrough & Peoples
25. Who&#39;s Johnny (Short Circuit Theme) - El Debarge
26. You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song) - Jeffrey Osborne
27. Tender Love - Force M.D.&#39;S
28. Digital Display - Ready For The World
29. How Will I Know - Whitney Houston
30. Saturday Love - Cherrelle With Alexander O&#39;neil
31. Caravan Of Love - Isley/Jasper/Isley
32. Give Me The Reason - Luther Vandross
33. Crush On You - The Jets
34. Let Me Be The One - Five Star
35. Go Home - Stevie Wonder
36. You Don&#39;t Have To Cry - Rene & Angela
37. If Your Heart Isn&#39;t In It - Atlantic Starr
38. A Love Bizarre - Sheila E.
39. Going In Circles - The Gap Band
40. Count Me Out - New Edition

Top 40 Chart List - 1987

1. Stop To Love - Luther Vandross
2. Always - Atlantic Starr
3. As We Lay - Shirley Murdock
4. Victory - Kool & The Gang
5. Control - Janet Jackson
6. Casanova - Levert
7. Love You Down - Ready For The World
8. Looking For A New Love - Jody Watley
9. Just To See Her Smokey Robinson
10. Love Is A House - Force M.Ds
11. Girlfriend - Bobby Brown
12. I Feel Good All Over - Stephanie Mills
13. Have You Ever Loved Somebody - Freddie Jackson
14. Falling - Melba Moore
15. Don&#39;t Disturb This Groove - The System
16. Candy - Cameo
17. Happy - Surface
18. There&#39;s Nothing Better Than Love - Luther Vandross/Gregory Hines
19. Jimmy Lee - Aretha Franklin
20. Diamonds - Herb Alpert Featuring Janet Jackson
21. Fake - Alexander O&#39;neal
22. Show Me The Way - Regina Belle
23. Rock Steady - The Whispers
24. I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
25. Slow Down - Loose Ends
26. Come Share My Love - Miki Howard
27. One Heartbeat - Smokey Robinson
28. Smooth Sailin&#39; Tonight - The Isley Bros.
29. You Got It All - The Jets
30. (You&#39;re Puttin&#39;) A Rush On Me - Stephanie Mills
31. Head To Toe - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
32. Goin&#39; To The Bank - The Commodores
33. Jump Start - Natalie Cole
34. The Pleasure Principle - Janet Jackson
35. Sign &#39;0&#39; The Times - Prince
36. We&#39;ve Only Just Begun - Glenn Jones
37. Tasty Love - Freddie Jackson
38. Didn&#39;t We Almost Have It All - Whitney Houston
39. Lean On Me - Club Nouveau
40. Why You Treat Me So Bad - Club Nouveau

Top 40 Chart List - 1988

1. I Want Her - Keith Sweat
2. Girlfriend - Pebbles
3. Just Got Paid - Johnny Kemp
4. I Want To Be Your Man - Roger
5. Two Occasions - The Deele
6. Love Changes - Kashif & Meli&#39;sa Morgan
7. Nite And Day - Al B. Sure&#33;
8. My Forever Love - Levert
9. Joy - Teddy Pendergrass
10. Love Overboard - Gladys Knight & The Pips
11. If You Can Do It: I Can Too&#33;&#33; - Meli&#39;sa Morgan
12. Nice &#39;N&#39; Slow - Freddie Jackson
13. Wishing Well - Terence Trent D&#39;arby
14. Make It Last Forever - Keith Sweat/Jacci Mcghee
15. Da&#39;butt (From The Film &#39;School Daze&#39;) - E.U.
16. Off On Your Own (Girl) - Al B. Sure
17. The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael
18. To Prove My Love - Michael Cooper
19. Mamacita - Troop
20. Mercedes Boy - Pebbles
21. Skeletons - Stevie Wonder
22. Baby, Be Mine - Miki Howard
23. Don&#39;t Be Cruel - Bobby Brown
24. Sign Your Name - Terence Trent D&#39;arby
25. Shake Your Thang - Salt-&#39;N-Pepa Featuring E.U.
25. Little Walter - Tony&#33; Toni&#33; Tone&#33;
27. Fishnet - Morris Day
28. Loosey&#39;s Rap - Rick James Featuring Roxanne Shante
29. My Prerogative - Bobby Brown
30. The Way You Love Me - Karyn White
31. Groove Me - Guy
32. She&#39;s On The Left - Jeffrey Osborne
33. I Live For Your Love - Natalie Cole
34. System Of Survival - Earth, Wind & Fire
35. Keep Risin&#39; To The Top - Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew
36. Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson
37. One More Try - George Michael
38. Husband - Shirley Murdock
39. Watching You - Loose Ends
40. Something Just Ain&#39;t Right - Keith Sweat

Top 40 Chart List - 1989

1. Superwoman - Karyn White
2. Keep On Movin&#39; - Soul II Soul
3. So Good - Al Jarreau
4. Shower Me With Your Love - Surface
5. Don&#39;t Make Me Over - Sybil
6. Something In The Way - Stephanie Mills
7. Baby Come To Me - Regina Belle
8. Love Saw It - Karyn White
9. Wild Thing - Tone Loc
10. Start Of A Romance - Skyy
11. Back To Life - Soul II Soul Featuring Caron Wheeler
12. Me, Myself And I - De La Soul
13. Dreamin&#39; - Vanessa Williams
14. Congratulations- Vesta
15. Closer Than Friends- Surface
16. Remember The First Time - Eric Gamble
17. Spend The Night (Ce Soir) - The Isley Brothers
18. Can U Read My Lips - Z&#39;looke
19. My Fantasy - Teddy Riley Featuring Guy
20. It&#39;s No Crime - Babyface
21. Girl You Know It&#39;s True - Milli Vanilli
22. Miss You Much - Janet Jackson
23. Turned Away - Chuck II Booker
24. This Time - Kiara (Duet With Shanice Wilson)
25. Real Love - Jody Watley
26. Roni - Bobby Brown
27. Dial My Heart - Boys
28. Oasis - Roberta Flack
29. Just Because - Anita Baker
30. Every Little Step - Bobby Brown
31. Put Your Mouth On Me Eddie Murphy
32. Cam Upi Stmad Tje Rain - New Edition
33. On Our Own ( From "Ghostbuters II") - Bobby Brown
34. Pull Over - Levert
35. I Like - Guy
36. Have You Had Your Love Today - The O&#39;jays
37. Let Go - Sharon Bryant
38. Him Or Me - Today
39. Tumblin&#39; Down - Ziggy Marley & The Malody Makers
40. Taste Of Your Love - E.U.

MUSLEMAN
09-06-2003, 09:30 AM
ummm shareholder for a minute i thought you where a supernode and this was my kite search window :lol: i think we made sh upset :( but we got a great list out of it :lol: :lol: :D :P go sh B)

olibomb
09-06-2003, 01:37 PM
yea gd list

johnnytightlips2
09-06-2003, 03:52 PM
im also a fan of 80s and it got started from playing vice city. i would also suggest thriller and bad from michael jackson. also can somebody post a hash for the wildstyle radio station in the vice city soundtrack.

slick nick
09-06-2003, 06:54 PM
sinead o&#39;conner - mandinka and hands on me
slade - run runaway
dramarama - anything anything
pet shop boys - west end girls
the romantics - talking in your sleep and what i like about you
split enz - i got you
cheap trick - i want you want me
love and rockets - so alive
wall of voodoo - mexican radio
gene loves jezebel - jealous
til tuesday - voices carry
trio - da da da
dream academy - life in a northern town
the proclaimers - 500 miles
romeo void - never say never and confrotation
that&#39;s the more mainstream stuff
pixies - monkey&#39;s gone to heaven and here comes your man
katydids - the boy who&#39;s never found
the smiths - never had no one
men without hats - safety dance
x - burning house of love
xtc - dear god
the go go&#39;s - our lips are sealed
b 52&#39;s - our lips are sealed
voice of the beehive - i say nothing
flesh for lulu - i go crazy, postcards from paradise, and there best song cat burgular
the smithereens - blood and roses
soft cell - tainted love
the waitresses - i know what boys like

lene lovich - i think were alone now, lucky number,
devo - whip it, beautiful world
talking heads - burning down the house
j geils band - centerfold
the clash - rock the cazbah, should i stay or should i go, train in vain
chicago - stay tonight
real life - send me an angel
nu shooz - i can&#39;t wait
kim wilde - kids in america and betty davis eyes
billy joel - uptown girl, big shot, moving out, it&#39;s still rock n roll, allentown, (too many songs from him download his 80&#39;s releases they are all pretty much classics)
kylie minogue - locomotion
joe jackson - stepping out
talk talk - talk talk and it&#39;s my life
a folkm of seagulls - i ran
the specials - ghost town
madness - house of fun and our house
the fall - victoria

that&#39;s some mainstream stuff i thought of

for great new wave and alternative rock that didn&#39;t get the fame these other bands have check out:

the stone roses - tell me
shona laing - glad i&#39;m not a kennedy
tv 21 - somethings wrong
dancing cigarettes - bag full of puppies
nervous gender - cardinal neuman and fat cow
flipper - ever
no trend - too many humans, die, hanging out in georgetown
colourbox - breakdown and tarantula
voice farm - elevate and over and over
deja voodoo - too cool to live too smart to die
blancmange - i can&#39;t explain
puesdo echo - destination unknown
industrial - idiot dancer
cybotron - cosmic cars
los microwaves - time to get up
bpeople - can can&#39;t
belfegore - all that i wanted
delta 5 - mind your own business
flowerpot men - wedding of the pharoahs
the fools - psycho chicken(piss take of talking heads psycho killer)
jeff and jane hudson - los alamos
normal - tv od
department s - going left going right

loz
09-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Dead Or Alive- you spin me right round
Check www.everyhit.com (http://www.everyhit.com) for all the hits of each week/ month/ year etc.

summerlinda
09-06-2003, 06:59 PM
the fools - psycho chicken(piss take of talking heads psycho killer)

Anyone who pisstakes that song should be killed ;)

I LOVE that song&#33;

slick nick
09-06-2003, 07:13 PM
the fool&#39;s pisstake is funny ass hell though. laugh your ass off then kill em. ;)

nostalgia
09-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Most underated band of the eighties: The Chameleons.
Also very good music: The Mission, Sisters of Mercy, Clan of Xymox, Cocteau Twins, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Killing Joke etc.

slick nick
09-06-2003, 09:39 PM
that reminds me nostalgia

killing joke - eighties, sanity, lovew like blood

album tracks worth a listen would be fall of because(must here&#33;), pilgrimage, money is not our god, and struggle. there&#39;s more but they escape.

but yes the killing joke by far are one of the most underrated groups ever period. i just recently got all the chameleons album. haven&#39;t the time to give them a good listen though.

sisters of mercy alice and good things ought to be given a listen also.