PDA

View Full Version : What.cd - appeal ban?

unniloct
10-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Hey, so I'm new at using private trackers and I got an invite from a friend to join What.cd. I signed up, downloaded some files, and left them seeding, knowing one needs to maintain a ratio and whatnot, but then I went to What.cd again, and I'm banned, apparently. Or my "account has been suspended," rather.

Does anyone know how I could go about appealing my ban? I was using the latest uTorrent, so if that gets you banned or something then I guess I can switch clients.

I've looked everywhere and I can't find any way of communicating with anyone from What.cd without getting another account, which is something I'd rather not do.

Thanks in advance.

kukushka
10-14-2008, 06:47 AM
hm. why don't you ask your friend how to contact them? ;)

unniloct
10-14-2008, 06:51 AM
He's over the Internet (IRC), never gave me any contact information and has been offline for awhile... :(

kukushka
10-14-2008, 07:05 AM
ah, nice friend )
so you know the magic word "IRC", this is your way to contact what.cd staff. irc.what-network.net
it's been posted here at least ten times i think, but for some reason people like you never using it

unniloct
10-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Yeah, found it, and got things straightened out on #what.cd-disabled.

Maybe there should be a sticky with ban-help or something for the various sites...?

kukushka
10-14-2008, 07:14 AM
there can be anything but it's up to fst staff to decide and for us - to deal with consequences ))))
so what was your problem and have you got your acc back?

unniloct
10-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Nope...long story short, my "friend" either provides codes for invite sites or he got one from an invite site and gave it to me, but either way they apparently knew I came from an invite site and there's no chance of getting an account there again. :(

Funkin'
10-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Nope...long story short, my "friend" either provides codes for invite sites or he got one from an invite site and gave it to me, but either way they apparently knew I came from an invite site and there's no chance of getting an account there again. :(

Ouch. No biggie though, there's always Waffles for your music fix.

kooftspc11
10-14-2008, 10:41 AM

Ouch. No biggie though, there's always Waffles for your music fix.

or oink if he can find an invite