PDA

View Full Version : Usenet provider to post/upload

PsyCLown
10-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi there,
Im relatively new to usenet.etc

Right now im having a bit of a problem making a discision/finding some info.

Perhaps one of you guys here will be able to help me out! :D

I am looking for a usenet provider that offers free or very cheap unlimited (preferably) posting/upload to newsgroups.
All I need to do is post/upload, I wont download ANYTHING on the account.

I will be using a 100Mbit connection, so preferably an account that will ofer decent speeds.

Also what program do you guys recommend for creating the par files and everything to get posting.etc?
Is there perhaps a guide on how to post/upload to usenet and what programs to use?
I will be using a Windows based PC.

tnt
10-14-2008, 02:34 PM
i dont know free one but usenet-news block accounts are cheap enough
2 GB $ 2.00
5 GB $ 3.00
10 GB $ 5.00
(www.usenet-news.net (http://www.usenet-news.net))
as for the posting i have this guide bookmarked http://www.binaries4all.com/beginners/#

UsenetGuy
10-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Get the usenet-news.net 2GB block, you can upload as much as you want at any speed and the account lasts forever (well, unless you download 2GB on it). It only costs $2.

As far as I know, there are no free ones, and if there was they would not be that good. The usenet-news 2GB block is pretty much as good as it gets if you just want to post, they use highwinds-media servers so its very well peered. :)

EyeBaller
10-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Agree with usenet-news. Check out preusenet (http://www.altbinz.net/forum/index.php?topic=2183.0)from the alt.binz forums. Great tool for posting.

jbloggs
10-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Also jbinup is a tool that can be used to upload

http://www.jbinup.com/en/

PsyCLown
10-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Hmm. Thanks guys!!

Got a 2GB usenet-news account and am very happy with it! :D
Seems like an awesome deal, exactly what I was looking for! :w00t:

Im currently posting with Power Post. Its alright, will check out the other programs.

Thanks for all the help! :D

UsenetGuy
10-16-2008, 04:51 PM
There's only really 3 good apps for posting:
PowerPost - Windows. Also lots of different PowerPost editions but there mostly the same.
newsmangler - Linux. The best newsposter for linux systems afaik.
JBinUp (as jbloggs said linked to above). Should work on any system that runs java, probably the most feature-rich posting application.

Also, PsyCLown check your email.. I sent you an edition of PowerPost that you might find better suited for your connection :)

jbloggs
10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Also my understanding is that PowerPost will not work with an SSL connection, but JBinup will.

fuzzylogic
10-17-2008, 05:40 AM
or try astraweb for $10 for 25gig, not as cheap but another option

Windy72
10-17-2008, 05:36 PM
I did find I had my posting privileges removed from usenet-news.net after about 18 months. I never followed it up with them. Maybe I pissed somebody off I do not know. Also another negative point with them was when using a dedi box to post from the usenet-news.net server struggled to accept post at 100 Meg. There would often be incompletes. On my home connection posting was fine and accepted. Just a precautionary note, I think they offer excellant service for a great price.

PsyCLown
10-18-2008, 01:21 PM
PowerPost - Windows. Also lots of different PowerPost editions but there mostly the same.
JBinUp (as jbloggs said linked to above). Should work on any system that runs java, probably the most feature-rich posting application.

Also, PsyCLown check your email.. I sent you an edition of PowerPost that you might find better suited for your connection :)

Hmm, dont think I got it. Or it was classified as spam and I got rid of my spam recently! :(

Do you mind resending it to
Email addy served its purpose and removed.
Please? Thanks! :D

UsenetGuy
10-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Hmm, dont think I got it. Or it was classified as spam and I got rid of my spam recently! :(

staff "at" kamikakushi-pantsu.com

Done :)

PsyCLown
10-18-2008, 03:16 PM

removed

Got it, thanks!!
Should work MUCH better. Was only getting max 4Mbyte/s with usenet-new's eu server and less than 1Mbyte/s with the us server.

UsenetGuy
10-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Got it, thanks!!
Should work MUCH better. Was only getting max 4Mbyte/s with usenet-new's eu server and less than 1Mbyte/s with the us server.

Did you notice a speed increase? Could just be 4MB/s is the speed of your server, I have a 100Mbit server too but only ever reach 6MB/s max :(

PsyCLown
10-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Got it, thanks!!

Did you notice a speed increase? Could just be 4MB/s is the speed of your server, I have a 100Mbit server too but only ever reach 6MB/s max :(

Well things definatly do upload quite a bit faster...
Only problem is that you cant see the upload speed :(

Perhaps I should install an application to show me? :D

UsenetGuy
10-20-2008, 08:12 PM

Well things definatly do upload quite a bit faster...
Only problem is that you cant see the upload speed :(

Perhaps I should install an application to show me? :D

NetLimiter would show you, though there's probably far better applications :)
Good that its going a bit faster anyway :P

rokie
11-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Note if you choose to pay usenet-news using paypal... be warned that due to paypal's faggot policy :angry:, you aren't allowed to access adult groups including uploading and downloading. :angry:

NfoGuru
11-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Note if you choose to pay usenet-news using paypal... be warned that due to paypal's faggot policy :angry:, you aren't allowed to access adult groups including uploading and downloading. :angry:

lol, so pp got so "srs" policy? never heard of that, but thx for headsup!

z3phyr04
11-17-2008, 04:45 AM
Astraweb are what I use, very decent.