PDA

View Full Version : IRC Download script

ihav0frnds
10-16-2008, 11:33 PM
does anyone have a working template to make an irc script that downloads newly uploaded torrents on private sites? i searched the forums, and i saw a mention for an SCT script. i couldn't find the script though, so i was hoping someone could post it or something similar to it.

Raban
10-17-2008, 01:35 AM
hrmm nice name.

anyways... you should check the forums of the sites you're on... if they have an IRC announce they should have some scripts available in the forum...

ihav0frnds
10-17-2008, 01:41 AM
ive posted on the sites and they just say use RSS...but i was hoping to take advantage of the instantaneous aspect of irc.

integral
10-17-2008, 02:23 AM
There's no real script that can be used for all IRC announces, as they are all announced differently.

You can basically think of an IRC download script as two main parts: the first part, the unique part for every tracker, is the part which forms the direct download link of a torrent you want. Again, this is the part of the script that most likely has to remain unique to each tracker.

The second part of the script takes that direct download link, downloads it, and starts the torrent. This part of the script does not have to be unique, and can be reused. Your best bet is to use the script provided by your site. If you can't, learn some basic coding and try to decipher/hack together scripts for your benefit, hope this helps.

ihav0frnds
10-17-2008, 03:48 AM
i've done java before, but the uses of certain commands in mirc scripts seems kinda foreign. is there a place where i can get documentation or a wiki database type thing that i could quickly look up commands?

redMonster
10-17-2008, 05:55 AM
ScT script is in the tutorials section of the forum. Check it.

Raban
10-17-2008, 06:44 AM
ScT script is in the tutorials section of the forum. Check it.

i think it's safe to assume he doesn't have an ScT account .. . .

ihav0frnds
10-17-2008, 01:31 PM
yea, hence why i was asking someone to post it.

but like i said, i can program java. i just don't know how all these mirc commands work. i have an SCC script to work off of. SCT would also be appreciated.

redMonster
10-17-2008, 02:11 PM
If you don't have SCT account, why do you need a download script for SCT?

Squizzle
10-17-2008, 03:16 PM
The thing about such scripts is that they tend to need to be written around the triggers and characteristics of the site in question. I've been writing an auto upload script for a tracker, I was going to share it but honestly the only people it would be useful for is other uploaders on said tracker. It's just too specific.

However, using tcl scripting to catch certain triggers from a certain bot, "Heroes" for example, and splitting the torrent ID from the link to use in a download.php string shouldn't be too hard if you put your mind to it and google up the very basics.

ihav0frnds
10-17-2008, 03:38 PM
i know i can figure it out, but i was hoping for a comprehensive listing of mirc scripting. it seems pretty basic, but all these dollar signs and stuff don't make much sense to me.

DanielleD87
10-17-2008, 04:23 PM
if you need help you can message me. a while ago I wrote such a script but I doubt I have it floating around any more. however, i remember the details of the task at hand quite well.

1st) i recommend the mIRC scripting language. it is, by far, the easiest way to code for IRC when dealing with modifying strings which is the main difficulty in writing a script like this.
2nd) i recommend you use a pre torrent chan. Not sure exactly the terminology of what they are called. Basically, it is a like a pre chan but it announces when many different torrent sites get the release. Ultimately I don't recommend you stay with one of these channels, but to start it is good because all of the releases are in one form of display which really helps if you're newer to scripting.
3) You need to learn about tokens in mIRC. I mention this because the help files that come with mIRC are excellent in teaching you the language for almost everything. It even explains the socket command quite well. However, tokens are not really mentioned in the mirc help files so you will have to actually go on web sites and look up tutorials. It is slightly more advanced then most of the mIRC scripting but once you learn the syntax and see it in code and how it works on your own it is quite easy. I don't remember if they are even required for a script like you want to do, to be honest, but I remember when I was writing my script that does just this I learned about tokens and the impression stayed with me regardless if I used them or not. I think the way of thinking once I learned how they are used is what helped. Basically, in the mIRC scripting language there can be a line of text that says, 'Guess what?! Religious.LiMiTED-FAkE just pred at http://youwish.thiswas.a.real.site' and you can pull the release name Religious.LiMiTED-FAkE which is the 3rd word then take that variable and use the period as the token to remove the .LiMiTED-FAkE and get just Religious then sort it through the list of what you're trying to download. if true then you can pull word 7 which is the URL and have it download and run through an external source.
4) Divide the task up into steps. Take the release string of the site you're aiming for and get what you want from it aka URL and release name. Once you've got that you can set it to /beep or something when the release you want comes out so you know ahead of time. You can then set that up for all the sites you want. Then after that work on downloading the .torrent file and running it which is a whole different type of problem that has to be looked at from another angle. Then finally make a window that allows you to add search fields like you can in an rss search program and remove them easily in mIRC so you don't have to manually code in what you're looking for. - those are the main steps. Take everything one at a time.
5) You still want RSS feeds setup on your bt client. If your client dies on the pre channels you will not be notified or auto download anything. Also, if the announce bot dies the same thing will happen, or if the ircd is being ddosed or ... things are never as stable as you want them to be. Therefor a backup is always good! Have an RSS feed working as well. If your bot doesn't catch it then the RSS feed will. If you have a power outage. Your comp comes back on 2 hours after the release, the RSS client will get it, but your bot will not unless it is on a remote host. Get my drift?

I could go on and on. If you want to code this it is a fun and actually easy project to do. I will help you along the way. Feel free to msg me. ^_^

ihav0frnds
10-17-2008, 05:54 PM
haha for all that work you put into it, it's a shame you lost it. but i will give it a shot maybe this weekend if i finish my work. thanks for the tips. i have a SCC irc script i have working right now, and hopefully slowly digesting it will work.

ericab
10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
how about a torrentleech IRC script? anyone have such a thing ?

DanielleD87
10-18-2008, 08:01 AM
yes, and make your own

xantra
10-18-2008, 09:54 AM
hummm sct scripts... and your not a member ? :/

Raban
10-18-2008, 06:03 PM
hummm sct scripts... and your not a member ? :/

he wants them as a reference for creating other scripts... makes sense to me.

ericab
10-20-2008, 03:06 AM
yes, and make your own

luckily;
i wasnt asking you ;)

zemitras
01-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Just to give this thread a bump!

Can anyone send me a mirc autodownload script for Torrentleech?

thanks

kushfodawin
11-17-2011, 10:27 PM
no one is gonna waist there time making a script there never gonna use. SCC has a auto dl script with support in there forums.
i recommend you trying to get a SCC invite then trying to find a coder to make you a script.

<3 SCC FTW!

Funkin'
11-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Guests are allowed to post?

anon
11-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Trying to post in this thread while logged out makes the forum ask me to log in. And they don't delete accounts here, so that cannot be why he shows up as a guest.

My guess is as good as yours :idunno:

kushfodawin
11-18-2011, 08:51 AM
It's because im cool bro :cool:

anon
11-18-2011, 01:27 PM

My apologies. That settles it.

Funkin'
11-18-2011, 07:52 PM

You must be.

mjmacky
11-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Is FST buggin' out or adding features?

Cabalo
11-21-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm looking into it. I don't remember this being discussed anywhere.