PDA

View Full Version : So... TiT...

WhoopDeDoo
10-17-2008, 12:21 PM
I was talking about TiT with a friend who's somewhat new to the whole private trackers thing, but he's a pretty smart guy. When I brought it up he went and did a trace (http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=trace&host=torrentit.eu) on the site, and found the site is hosted by nac.net, a company stemming from New Jersey. With servers in the US, UK, and AU.

Now, from my understanding, couldn't the US just give them a little push and basically be able to force over any information they'd request? Not trying to insult anyone by this post, just curious if I could get some clarification on this?

Serious replies only please.

Funkin'
10-17-2008, 12:51 PM
The company may be in the US, but what server is Tit hosted on?

WhoopDeDoo
10-17-2008, 01:08 PM
The company may be in the US, but what server is Tit hosted on?
IP address: 70.47.114.56
Host name: torrentit.eu
70.47.114.56 is from United States(US) in region North America

jaapaap
10-17-2008, 01:10 PM
From the forum:

Okay, just to dispel any rumors by people doing a whois or any kind of IP trace on the site, YES, you will see it showing up as being in New Jersey, USA. However, the site is NOT actually hosted there. We will decline to say where, but suffice it to say that the routing does not stop there. We would not be foolish enough to host in the US, and this is not an RIAA/MPAA/IFPI/etc honeypot hellbent on lawsuits and subpoenas.

WhoopDeDoo
10-17-2008, 01:12 PM
From the forum:

Okay, just to dispel any rumors by people doing a whois or any kind of IP trace on the site, YES, you will see it showing up as being in New Jersey, USA. However, the site is NOT actually hosted there. We will decline to say where, but suffice it to say that the routing does not stop there. We would not be foolish enough to host in the US, and this is not an RIAA/MPAA/IFPI/etc honeypot hellbent on lawsuits and subpoenas.
Alright, thanks for that info.:happy:

vaibhavsking
10-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Obviously it is hosted in Belleville, NJ

stoi
10-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Well if you put in BCG we are in the same place.

same as bitme.tv

i could go on.

and no, none of us is in NJ USA.

Dr0
10-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Well if you put in BCG we are in the same place.

same as bitme.tv

i could go on.

and no, none of us is in NJ USA.

deja vu ?

I'm sure we discussed this one :P

Anyway, your traceroute sucks.. Its easy to find the data center in use, its NOT the USA.

stoi
10-17-2008, 10:18 PM
well all that keeping hush hush was pretty pointless anyway.

just go to the site I mentioned in the previous post and they have the name on their front page, even if your not a member lol

ah well i tried lol

lysine
10-18-2008, 12:28 AM
he's a pretty smart guy.

no he's not.

http://eng.nac.net/lookingglass/lg.html

click the router box, tto.nac.net resolves to toronto, canada router.

WhoopDeDoo
10-18-2008, 01:05 AM
he's a pretty smart guy.

no he's not.

http://eng.nac.net/lookingglass/lg.html

click the router box, tto.nac.net resolves to toronto, canada router.
Point proven, I just wanted to know why the trace ends there. Just wanted to be safe before possibly joining later down the road.