PDA

View Full Version : Mac Applications

walsh123123123
09-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Hello,

Can anyone help me, I have downloaded some Mac applications for a friend (freehand.exe, photoshop.exe and a host of others. However, being a firm PC user I was wondering how to install these.

The normal 'double click' does not work, it ask's what application I wish to use to open the file. What am I doing wrong???? Do I need to create a script if so what...HELP!

Thank you for your help!

Mr. Blunt
09-06-2003, 08:01 PM
I didn't really understand your question. Are you trying to install the applications on a PC, or are you at your friends computer installing them there?

If your trying to install them on a pc, then you won't be able to. Unless you find an Mac Emu.

walsh123123123
09-06-2003, 08:23 PM
No I have downloaded them from Kaaza from a PC. I copied them to CD. When I opened the CD from the Mac (MAC X OS) I doubled clicked the programs i.e. Adobe Design 2, Photoshop 7, Virtual PC 7. (all can be found doing a search from Kaaza. There operating system is Apple).

However, it does not load an error message appears asking what application I wish to use to open them. I have never used a Mac and was wondering what I have done wrong?

Cheers for your help!

BabyGeniuses
09-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Kazaa normally is not the place to find Macintosh applications. I'd recommend a program like LimeWire, which is built for the Mac., basically. There are also applications built just for OSX, especially for Jaguar.
What amazes me though, is that the file extension didn't tip you off. Those are PC executables, not Macintosh executables. Even on OSX, the exe extension does not exist.

walsh123123123
09-06-2003, 08:56 PM
These files are large files.

I was not sure if Macs used the .exe file format. However, if you do a search for photoshop 7 and the Mac as the operating system it gives you program with a .exe ending. This will not load via the PC. Therefore, I thought it may have worked using the Mac. This file is 196MB and many users had it.

Therefore, I was thinking...well more hoping there was a way to get it working.

toddiscool
09-06-2003, 11:02 PM
I like you Know nothing about a mac, however it is possible that file is a mac filem but renamed to .exe so it comes up on software searches.

Try renaming it to whatecer extension a mac uses for that kinda stuff.

skel28
10-21-2008, 09:16 PM
macs don't .exe files. the typical extension would be .dmg which is a compressed disk image, I don't think you have downloaded mac software (I know this is an old thread).

thegoof
10-23-2008, 03:09 AM
give macserialjunkie.com a try...there are solid options there and sound advice.

Cabalo
10-23-2008, 11:38 AM
macs don't .exe files. the typical extension would be .dmg which is a compressed disk image, I don't think you have downloaded mac software (I know this is an old thread).

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/0/pyzamOmgWtf.jpg

5+ year old thread bumped !!! :fst:

narad
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
lol

punker101
12-16-2008, 10:15 AM
These files are large files.

I was not sure if Macs used the .exe file format. However, if you do a search for photoshop 7 and the Mac as the operating system it gives you program with a .exe ending. This will not load via the PC. Therefore, I thought it may have worked using the Mac. This file is 196MB and many users had it.

Therefore, I was thinking...well more hoping there was a way to get it working.

congratz what you've got your self there is a virus.

seriously tho you should use protection