PDA

View Full Version : Thebat! V2 Vs. Eudora 6

zapjb
09-06-2003, 08:30 PM
I'm going to replace my trusty Eudora 5.21. It'll either be Eudora 6 or TheBat! v2. Any preferences & why? Thanks.

BabyGeniuses
09-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Right now my unfinished, command line based PERLScript for retrieving POP3 mail from a server works better than either of the programs...

zapjb
09-06-2003, 08:50 PM
:lol: No way. If I want a mini-email client I'll use ePrompter. I'm talking about a full fledged email client. So if you have a preference between Eudora & TheBat!, let me know. Otherwise don't hijack my thread ya n00b!

BabyGeniuses
09-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by zapjb@6 September 2003 - 16:50
:lol: No way. If I want a mini-email client I'll use ePrompter. I'm talking about a full fledged email client. So if you have a preference between Eudora & TheBat!, let me know. Otherwise don't hijack my thread ya n00b!
You fully, as in 100% missed the point of my post. NEITHER The Bat or Eudora work, and I mean that fully... I've used both of them, from the first build to current development builds, and they've all been crummy. I'd recommend just using Outlook Express, its never caused me a single problem, and it has a much nicer user-interface. Plus, its integrated with almost every other facet of the Windows environment. You could use Incredimail XE, but that'll slow your computer down to a crawl...

zapjb
09-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Each of your replies BabyGeniuses just prove part of your nic. Guess.
Start your own fucking thread! OE is a pos & a big security risk.
Stop pimping your own non-existent vaporware in my thread.

nostalgia
09-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Why not try them both.

zapjb
09-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Because, one I don't know everything & there are some very educated people here that I respect their opinions. Two I don't have to reinvent the wheel. But that was a good question nostalgia.

zapjb
09-07-2003, 02:02 AM
These are NOT my words. Taken from another forum.

I was an Eudora user, but changed to the Bat! for safety, The Bat! + KAV plug-in is the best integration
between e-mail and an antivirus I could find.
The Bat! 2 is a little better but its HTML editor still need a LOT of improvements, but it is enough to insert a picture
and some HTML into the message.
If Eudora could use KAV plug-in and a safe HTML viewer...

nostalgia
09-07-2003, 07:32 AM
So reading that, I'd say you will go for the bat.
What I've heard and read is that ThebBAt! is safe and fast. If you like stationeries etc. go for Eudora. My suggestion: Choose The BAt!
(altough I'm sticking with PocoMail). ;)

asmithz
09-07-2003, 07:39 AM
I use eudora 6 and have no problem. go with it.

zapjb
09-07-2003, 08:46 AM
Not sure yet. But leaning towards TheBat!. Thanks for the on topic replies. More requested. Thanks.