PDA

View Full Version : Searching for staff + coders for new torrenttracker !

the one!
10-24-2008, 07:25 AM
I've have decided to start a new tracker ! And I really mean it's new, it isn't
just a wannabe-tracker, it's something you've never seen before..

At the moment we need coders, and a Sysop. Noone of us have a server so
we need someone who have one and wants to be in this project. TO 100 % !

We can't tell you anything about the tracker in public, but if you're interested
please send a message to [email protected] for further information.

Regards The one! and the BQ creew !

EDIT: We found a server so now we are only looking for good coders (have two/three) and good staff.

[email protected]

aysomc
10-24-2008, 08:09 AM
so you've started a new tracker but you dont have staff, coders, a sysop, or a server.
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2043/1224365381370uw4.jpg

it isn't just a wannabe-tracker, it's something you've never seen before..

and something we'll probably never see in the future either.

the one!
10-24-2008, 08:47 AM
No posting in this thread please

aysomc
10-24-2008, 08:53 AM
lock it if you dont like it, but it isnt your job to tell others where they can and cant post.

Disme
10-24-2008, 08:55 AM
please send a message to [email protected]
[email protected]

Posting an e-mail-addy in public is never a smart thing (spam bombs and the likes). :shifty:

:shutup:

the one!
10-24-2008, 09:03 AM
please send a message to [email protected]
[email protected]

Posting an e-mail-addy in public is never a smart thing (spam bombs and the likes). :shifty:

ok, thanks for your advice. But how do you think someone should contact us otherwise ?

WhoopDeDoo
10-24-2008, 09:08 AM

ok, thanks for your advice. But how do you think someone should contact us otherwise ?
This thing called private messaging. Very handy.;)

Green Goblin
10-24-2008, 09:10 AM
if i wasn't already smashed i would of pissed myself with laughter ffs give up.

apextwin146
10-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Common sense also comes in very handy at these times ..
Hes registered in Oct .. Do u think he has PM access ..
FFS y do u ppl are so hell bent on making a arse of urselves ..

@The one - I highly recommend that if u want any sort of help either visit the TB DEV forums or close the thread to stop spamming ..
Everything is goverened by levels and secrecy here so no one really cares abt a new site that needs to be setup in the first place ..

UnderWarez
10-24-2008, 09:26 AM

passenger pigeon and to honest I don't see very many serious responses to what your looking for, but that's just me I guess..

beco
10-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Have successfully...

I understand the need to keep it anonymous , but in a way that it did not sound so serious..
I suggest you contact by pm of people that look you match the profile.
this takes time , but it's better.

All the best.

the one!
10-24-2008, 09:28 AM

@The one - I highly recommend that if u want any sort of help either visit the TB DEV forums or close the thread to stop spamming ..
Everything is goverened by levels and secrecy here so no one really cares abt a new site that needs to be setup in the first place ..

You are so right... but I canīt close the tread, new members canīt apperantly... maby a mod can help me? please! :D

Have successfully...

I understand the need to keep it anonymous , but in a way that it did not sound so serious..

All the best.

ok, thanks for the tip!!!

WhoopDeDoo
10-24-2008, 10:03 AM

Which leads me to my second point, how can we take him seriously if he's coming to some random community he's brand new to, and hopes to find coders, sysops, AND a server from people he doesn't even know.

Honestly, what kind of tracker would that turn into? That's chaos waiting to happen.

Artemis
10-24-2008, 10:08 AM

Three things immediately come to mind:

1. I have a truly horrible suspicion that this is my old friend superseed101
reincarnated yet again.......

2. An important question......what crew? your looking for staff so the 'crew'
is entirely imaginary at this point :blink:

3. Am I the only one yukking it up at the BQ crew ???????

http://i37.tinypic.com/2s6rhoi.jpg

the one!
10-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Have successfully...

All the best.

We can't tell aour idea yet, since it's a very, very good idea ;)

Three things immediately come to mind:

2. An important question......what crew? your looking for staff so the 'crew'
is entirely imaginary at this point :blink:

3. Am I the only one yukking it up at the BQ crew ???????

1. NO, it's not ;)

2. We are 4 peoples atm

3. ??, what ;)

Artemis
10-24-2008, 10:56 AM
......3. ??, what

Burger King...........I have this truly hilarious image of your 'staff' asking if everyone would like to supersize their order :naughty:

apextwin146
10-24-2008, 11:02 AM
^ now i am waiting for nice pic :naughty:

slayer2005
10-24-2008, 01:53 PM
How can u say you are making a new tracker when u dont have a server or any coders.
imo your tracker wont last 2minutes simply because it seems you want all this spoon fed to you.
My advice.

1:Go buy a server 1st to host ur site
2:Go make sm friends who can code or learn the basics yourself(tbdev forums)
3:Go make some more friends who have servers who can upload.
4:Good luck

:D

AMnesko
10-24-2008, 01:58 PM
I've have decided to start a new tracker ! And I really mean it's new, it isn't
just a wannabe-tracker, it's something you've never seen before..

At the moment we need coders, and a Sysop. Noone of us have a server so
we need someone who have one and wants to be in this project. TO 100 % !

We can't tell you anything about the tracker in public, but if you're interested
please send a message to [email protected] for further information.

[email protected]
This is most likely the funniest thing I read since I joined:lol:! You want to create a tracker but you do not have anything, not even a server! Then what do you have? An idea? Seriously now, I do not think that will be enough. So I say enjoy the trackers you have access to and leave the creation of new ones to someone who knows what they`re doing.

ghurka
10-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Give one good reason why any decent coder or anyone paying their own hard cash for a server should come to you.

Sounds to me like you want to cook apple pie and have the recipe but don't have any apples, any pastry, a chef or the oven.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fb141.jpg

(I)
10-24-2008, 03:07 PM
so you've started a new tracker but you dont have staff, coders, a sysop, or a server.

Nor users, it's kinda secret tracker

Disme
10-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I really digg these threads ... I demand more pictures!!!

BlueLabel
10-24-2008, 03:31 PM

an aliens tracker???

Kyokushin
10-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Has it ever happened that a successful tracker starts with some random guy posting that he needs staff? nope.

lolier
10-24-2008, 04:45 PM
you shall call it bAs tracker, as it states the main agenda, which is: be a sucker!

cinephilia
10-24-2008, 08:36 PM
this guy is absolutely pathetic...

jbloggs
10-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Looks like none of the people in this thread are going to get invites to this super secret tracker that no one talk about because it doesn't even exist yet. 'Waves jedi finger - you don't info on this tracker, move along' :D

Squizzle
10-24-2008, 08:59 PM
"hi guys i wunna start a tracker cuz i r noob on other trackers and wanna be at the top so gotta make my own. but i r noob at coding and has no box so can sumone gief me a site please then i can run it and be pr0. oh and i have a good idea"

stoi
10-24-2008, 09:08 PM
I am tempted to PM him just to see what this really cool idea is, then pinch it lol

nah, i have far to many bloody ideas as it is, never mind pinching others.

the one!
10-24-2008, 09:40 PM
edit

ClodiuS
10-24-2008, 09:57 PM
you cant wake up one day with the idea of creating a torrent trackers,this means that ur dreams are really limited.

I suggest you to spend some money on books about coding or whatever you want and dont loose ur time with this stupid things.
and remember: TIME IS MONEY

beco
10-24-2008, 10:09 PM
in my opinion ...this guy understood the message .;)
let him breathe :P...not cool anymore :rolleyes:

the one!
10-24-2008, 11:03 PM
you cant wake up one day with the idea of creating a torrent trackers,this means that ur dreams are really limited.

I suggest you to spend some money on books about coding or whatever you want and dont loose ur time with this stupid things.
and remember: TIME IS MONEY
I all ready have 2 coders maybe 3. and a server btw.

Looks like none of the people in this thread are going to get invites to this super secret tracker that no one talk about because it doesn't even exist yet. 'Waves jedi finger - you don't info on this tracker, move along' :D
you are so right!!! ;)
btw have: 2/3 coders
a server
6 mods already
and we do have users
and yes it is secret...
and donīt post about things you donīt know anything about!!! and wile I'm at it tanks to all of you that made serious posts!

-the one!

Artemis
10-24-2008, 11:24 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/4l6qns.jpg

Squizzle
10-25-2008, 12:08 AM

you are so right!!! ;)
a server
6 mods already
and we do have users
and yes it is secret...
and donīt post about things you donīt know anything about!!! and wile I'm at it tanks to all of you that made serious posts!

-the one!

Have fun with your collection of orsum staff and super reliable server obtained from a public forum full of nubs.

Best of luck to ya ;)

DKre8ive1
10-25-2008, 12:40 AM
Ok here is how I see this turning out if your idea truly is so unique that it has never been done before. Both your idea and tracker get stolen, since you don't own the server where your site is hosted.

Also since you got all the positions filled by posting this thread I guess you are on your way, but don't say we didn't warn you when one part of the puzzle falls apart because of a disagreement and you not having control of anything but the idea which can easily be duplicated.

DV8type
10-25-2008, 06:09 AM
Classic Thread. Should be sticky'd

Alco23
10-25-2008, 07:39 AM
LoLs...

Is this seriously happening again? Feels like it gets repeated every month or so...

Even if the OP had good intentions, it won't end well considering the past success rate of recruiting staff/coders from FST. At least it'll be a good laugh for the rest of us.

If you're serious about running a tracker, you're better off starting all over again and getting some advice from the experienced members (some have posted above).

the one!
10-25-2008, 07:53 AM

you are so right!!! ;)
a server
6 mods already
and we do have users
and yes it is secret...

-the one!

Have fun with your collection of orsum staff and super reliable server obtained from a public forum full of nubs.

Best of luck to ya ;)
just one is from this forum....;)

UnderWarez
10-25-2008, 10:24 AM
lmfao classic thread

http://i37.tinypic.com/wrxehl.jpg

a mascot for your site... his name is poo
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pooyq3.pnghttp://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pooyq3.png

beco
10-25-2008, 10:35 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/4l6qns.jpg
:glagpinch: A picture is worth a thousand words

slymester
10-25-2008, 10:36 AM

:whistling

wheeloftime
10-25-2008, 10:56 AM
You probably think people on this site are being very negative about your idea for a new site, but you should listen to the people here, many have been torrenting for a long time and know what they are talking about.
If you do get the site up how are you going to recruit members? I certainly wouldn't join a site where the owner clearly doesn't know what he is doing. The staff and server should come from people you know and trust. How do you know the person who offered you the use of the server is trustworthy? they may even be MPIA or RIAA (probably not the right initials but you know what I mean).
Learn a bit more about running a site before you waste your time and money on this and before you end up getting yourself into a whole heap of trouble.

Albo Da Kid
10-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Don't listen to the most people in here because most of them think they're funny by making someone feel dumb. Anyway man listen you should hang around a little bit. Get familiar with all this coding stuff then ask yourself again if you still want to go through with it.

the one!
10-25-2008, 03:11 PM

:whistling
no it is not! :)

You probably think people on this site are being very negative about your idea for a new site, but you should listen to the people here, many have been torrenting for a long time and know what they are talking about.
If you do get the site up how are you going to recruit members? I certainly wouldn't join a site where the owner clearly doesn't know what he is doing. The staff and server should come from people you know and trust. How do you know the person who offered you the use of the server is trustworthy? they may even be MPIA or RIAA (probably not the right initials but you know what I mean).
Learn a bit more about running a site before you waste your time and money on this and before you end up getting yourself into a whole heap of trouble.

Iīve known the server guy for a month or so and we are really close buddies and most in my crew Iīve known for a very long time!!!

Don't listen to the most people in here because most of them think they're funny by making someone feel dumb. Anyway man listen you should hang around a little bit. Get familiar with all this coding stuff then ask yourself again if you still want to go through with it.
:)

ClodiuS
10-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Classic Thread. Should be sticky'd

loooooooool
i agree!

the one!
10-27-2008, 01:44 AM
up....

the one!
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
up...

thewizeard
10-28-2008, 08:07 PM

Yes really a bad idea, something I would never dream of. !!! :rolleyes:

the one!
10-28-2008, 08:57 PM

hahaha! thatīs a good one!!! :D

ghurka
10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Watch him....he's trying to nick your staff :shifty:

the one!
10-28-2008, 11:32 PM
lol

the one!
10-31-2008, 10:03 AM
up....

Funkin'
10-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Wow...I thought you'd have this tracker up and running by now.

Disme
10-31-2008, 10:18 AM
up....
down....

the one!
10-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Wow...I thought you'd have this tracker up and running by now.
soon... very soon

no need to hurry! :)

cheers!

up....
down....
up...

Artemis
10-31-2008, 07:06 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/2naupn4.jpg

DKre8ive1
11-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Why do you keep bumping this?

If you said

a server
6 mods already
and we do have users
and yes it is secret...

-the one!

And that to me seems like it would be enough staff and coders to run the site. :unsure:

snowstorm2k6
11-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Can i have an invite if your tracker is up and running?

vobilli
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
So I take it you've read up on all the legal mumbo jumbo? You know.. to protect yourself and your users?

*shiver*

beco
11-01-2008, 03:59 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6000/q1za3.png (http://imageshack.us)
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/q1za3.png/1/w620.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img147/q1za3.png/1/)

Albo Da Kid
11-02-2008, 10:17 AM
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2043/1224365381370uw4.jpg

and something we'll probably never see in the future either.

ahah who is that??

wiseD
11-02-2008, 07:57 PM
"hi guys i wunna start a tracker cuz i r noob on other trackers and wanna be at the top so gotta make my own. but i r noob at coding and has no box so can sumone gief me a site please then i can run it and be pr0. oh and i have a good idea"
:lol: Sounds bout right squiz.

Artemis
11-02-2008, 08:07 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2igg1sz.jpg

grimms
11-02-2008, 09:19 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2igg1sz.jpg

Harsh but funny. :lol:

Disme
11-03-2008, 09:32 AM

You're Dutch so that doesn't count :P