PDA

View Full Version : Ftn

eMoneyBags
10-25-2008, 03:28 AM
is FTN really hard to get into? i've never talked with anyone who has an account there. that makes me more interested in getting in..

so i'm just wondering. is FTN worth scouring the net (not FST) for someone with an invite?

Raban
10-25-2008, 03:41 AM
i dont think it is ... aim for ScT instead ... it IS worth it..

eMoneyBags
10-25-2008, 03:44 AM
i have an ScT account, didn't know it was better.. thanks for the info Raban.

IdolEyes787
10-25-2008, 03:55 AM
is FTN really hard to get into? i've never talked with anyone who has an account there. that makes me more interested in getting in..

so i'm just wondering. is FTN worth scouring the net (not FST) for someone with an invite?

Although I can appreciate your curiosity there is nothing greatly different in content from any other Oday tracker(and having TL and ScT you've got that area more than covered)).

I suggest instead of collecting sites(which you have shown evidence of doing)you should look at where your interests lie and try to become a member at places that best satisfy your needs regardless of their level.

@Raban I never would have guessed you would say that ScT is the best.:rolleyes:

redMonster
10-25-2008, 03:59 AM
If you are aiming for ScT, keep in mind that it is difficult to survive there without a very fast connection. You may even need a seedbox.

Funkin'
10-25-2008, 04:20 AM
I also think the site is not worth chasing an invite for. Once you finally do hunt someone down that is willing to invite you(and this may take a very long time), you may find yourself very disappointed in the site.

ScT I don't know about since I'm not a member, but I find other 0day sites like IPT and TL(which these sites have more content and more activity) I use way more than FTN.

killercam101
10-25-2008, 04:28 AM
FTN is a good tracker but don't expect to find unicorns and golden eggs there. FTN is hard to get into because of their invite system which is now "pay4invite". If you don't have a scene tracker its worth getting into, other then that don't waste your time on another scene tracker if that's your case.

QldRoar
10-25-2008, 04:47 AM
If you are aiming for ScT, keep in mind that it is difficult to survive there without a very fast connection. You may even need a seedbox.

Or just enter their competitions for GB's. I've scored over 500 gig in the last 6 months from their competitions. Everyone who entered got at least 100 gig.

Cradle
10-25-2008, 05:39 AM
ScT is hard to seed, but not to buffer. Just hit the packs (freeleech) and then seedseedseed. Once you've built a buffer then just dl what you need and seed the minimum 72 hours if you cant hit a 1:1 ratio. If your buffer gets used up then dl more packs, rebuild it and you'll be fine.

FTN is a good site considering the noratio, but it will only ever have the edge on ScT if your connection is poor and so keeping a ratio on sct is too hard for you, thats where the no ratio at FTN comes in handy.

lukee
10-25-2008, 06:13 AM

False.

I'm on a 820Kbit upstream and I seed back movies, tv shows all the time. You just need to keep em seeding.

The packs are great too. i did 30GB on one :)

Presto
10-25-2008, 06:43 AM

Stop spreading false information, please. ScT is probably the easiest tracker to seed at. I easily seed back most of the files to at least 1:1, even though I usually leech the files 1-2 days after their release and even though I only have 1mbit upstream. All alone on 3 packs I've uploaded back 3x50gigs, that's on my 1mbit upspeed. If you have any problems you are a hit'n'runner and noone wants to have you in their tracker.

Di@monds
10-25-2008, 06:49 AM
First of all, he said he got sct account so i think he knows how the things work in there.
FTN is just another 0day tracker without ratio but u have to seed till you bleed.

eMoneyBags
10-25-2008, 06:50 AM

I suggest instead of collecting sites(which you have shown evidence of doing)you should look at where your interests lie and try to become a member at places that best satisfy your needs regardless of their level.

i only join trackers i'm very much interested in. but this particular one grabbed my interest since fst doesn't allow giveaways/trades. and since i've never known anyone with an account there..

btw. if ScT isn't the best, what is (in your opinion)?

Di@monds
10-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Well imo there is no *best* tracker, u will need more than 1 to satisfy your needs.
scc/sct = freeleech/great packs and fast pre, hdbits = HD content and FTN/Tl = everything else scc/sct missed.

joni22
10-25-2008, 08:13 AM
I heard alot about this tracker.

wheeloftime
10-25-2008, 08:22 AM
First of all, he said he got sct account so i think he knows how the things work in there.
FTN is just another 0day tracker without ratio but u have to seed till you bleed.

There is no minimum seed time on FTN, but most users respect this and seed as long as they can - you certainly don't have to seed till you bleed.

SCT is often faster on older torrents but those are the torrents that can be a pain to seed back to 1:1, which is something you don't have to worry about on FTN. On newer torrents you will get good speeds from both sites.

At the end of the day they are both great trackers.

eMoneyBags
10-25-2008, 09:51 AM
SCT is often faster on older torrents but those are the torrents that can be a pain to seed back to 1:1,

yes, they are.. but i usually seed them for about a week and if it doesn't seed atleast a few mb's, delete it.

hbkwarez
10-25-2008, 10:16 AM
I hope some day we get to see open registraton for FTN and SCT.
Am sure beside me there are many user that wana get inside this tracker.

Well imo there is no *best* tracker, u will need more than 1 to satisfy your needs.
scc/sct = freeleech/great packs and fast pre, hdbits = HD content and FTN/Tl = everything else scc/sct missed. Ahhh i say little modification ......
Rapidshare= everything else scc/sct missed.

Scc = Fastest pre timer

Here is SceneAccess V2 Anthem
Intro:

Yo, 97 weeks in the makin'...
Shout out to Big Zab... Geen Da Genius...
DJ Joolz on the beats, on the boards, bring that shit in!

Chorus:

All my homeslice niggaz on the SCC
The Number 1 Tracker with the fastest pres
From the shit-hot packs to the whole staff team
The Best Damn Tracker on the whole damn Scene

Verse:

I check the pres on the IRC
Grab that shit and max out my connection speed
A nigga like me equipped with a box to seed
And bring it to my home PC through FTP
We beat ScT with the Top Gear pres dude
Even FTN can't feed the net like we do
You fuckers is see-through tryin'a fuck with elite crews
Who's sources'll beat you, ya wannabe leet noobs
Yo, it's just a rap about a Torrent Tracker
(Nigga plz)
Sceners With Attitude who'll bust ya crew then fuckin' slap ya
Gangsta crackers who lurkin' on the forums board
Posting links to jailbait then watching Weeds because we bored
Anti-piracy networks try to take us down
And traders try to sell invites but we rape them clowns
They capping my speed down, this fucking ISP
Realizing I'm a pirate on these cold e-streets
Shit is sweet when I got like 20 invites
Bitches try to suck my dick just to get on the site
Yo get it right, fool, you gotta earn that shit
And yeah you're hot but you're illiterate and think with ya tits
Shit, if you can't keep a ratio you're gonna get banned
And if you cheat we'll send you viruses and then rape your nan
I'm seeding Torrents by the truckload, maxin' mah upload
I be a terabyte nigga, catch me snatching shit? Fuck no

Chorus:

All my homeslice niggaz on the SCC
The Number 1 Tracker with the fastest pres
From the shit-hot packs to the whole staff team
The Best Damn Tracker on the whole damn Scene
(Repeat)

Outro:

Yeah... Now wait for your invite...
When you get on that shit, seed properly...
Read all the FAQ and the rules carefully...
Don't fuck it up, knahmsayin?

SCC exclusive
We evasive, elusive
And if you think you can hit 'n' run?
Son, you must be stupid

jars
10-25-2008, 10:40 AM
If you are aiming for ScT, keep in mind that it is difficult to survive there without a very fast connection. You may even need a seedbox.Thatt's simply not true. At an upload of nothing more than 60kbs, I've managed to build a buffer of 400gb while getting all of my tv and movies from there and a plethora of others do the same. With movie, tv and music packs on freeleech, it's as easy as TL.

Albo Da Kid
10-25-2008, 10:48 AM
HbK warez i have a feeling you're into that song. Btw did every1 check out the hot chick contest?? Nightspider's wife killed it.

hbkwarez
10-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Ya dude

Asians.....Hummm it's kind a like my fantasy hence i feel uptill now she got some class :)

ignis
10-25-2008, 12:37 PM
what's that I hear about FTN invites being paid now? is it anything like ScT where you can pay €20 for an invite?

Di@monds
10-25-2008, 12:57 PM
what's that I hear about FTN invites being paid now? is it anything like ScT where you can pay €20 for an invite?

yes, something like that.

hit79
10-25-2008, 01:19 PM

FTN must eat.Nobody in this perfect world does things for free.You hope you understand me.Thinks like you must pay for each movie 10$.I for example i help my favorite site and my firs tracker coz i consider that there i find some unic files.Go go og og og og og IDVD.:D

aND MY FRIEND this IS NOT the first acc HERE:whistling

integral
10-25-2008, 01:23 PM
ScT lets you purchase invites, FTN does not. A major difference.

ignis
10-25-2008, 01:35 PM
donate for invite then? how much do you need to donate to get an invite?

hit79
10-25-2008, 01:38 PM
SCT NEVER ASK FOR MONEY, if you want to download is FREE.

redMonster
10-25-2008, 01:38 PM
My statement was based on my experience. I mostly download those TV shows and movies from ScT which are not very popular and have at most about 15-20 snatches in a month. So, it is difficult for me to keep ratio there. And as my ISP limits amount of data download, I cannot download packs at home. I usually seed everything for at least a month, but am barely able to get a ratio of 1.

integral
10-25-2008, 02:07 PM
donate for invite then? how much do you need to donate to get an invite?

Donating for invite = purchasing an invite.

FTN does not let you purchase or "donate" for an invite. On the other hand, ScT allows you to purchase an invite, or "donate" for it if you want to seem less capitalistic.

jars
10-25-2008, 02:14 PM
My statement was based on my experience. I mostly download those TV shows and movies from ScT which are not very popular and have at most about 15-20 snatches in a month. So, it is difficult for me to keep ratio there. And as my ISP limits amount of data download, I cannot download packs at home. I usually seed everything for at least a month, but am barely able to get a ratio of 1.Your situation is more unique than anything, redMonster. I think the majority would agree the SCT is insanely easy to keep a lovely ratio at with packs set to freeleech. You should request your movies at FSC and stop hoarding all your freeslots ;)

IdolEyes787
10-25-2008, 02:43 PM

btw. if ScT isn't the best, what is (in your opinion)?

I only was making reference to Raban's often cited love of Sct and not commenting on it's relative merits.

I previously stated imo there is very little difference between any of the better known scene trackers except for a few bell and whistles and if you are looking purely at new releases there is almost no difference in content or meaningful speed at all.

But as evidenced by the previous posts ,everyone has their own viewpoint so all I can say is don't 100% believe anyone and simply do whatever you feel best.

ben99
10-25-2008, 02:45 PM
ftn is not pay4invite, some donators will get invites, but it is not guarranteed that if you donate you will get an invite, I donated and did not get an invite. Anyways, it took me about 2 years to join FTN and actually getting in after that long makes me appreciate the site a lot.

peronibirra
10-25-2008, 06:17 PM
It's a matter of taste. I prefer FTN and stopped using SCT because I realized that SCT doesn't need me much. They have many servers, a lot of cash, many old users with lots of seedboxes. FTN has much of this too, but I think they are smaller and still growing, so I may have a role to play there. I can be a better part of the community. Plus I feel much safer to be at FTN with the smaller userbase and lower donations a month meaning the site is less of a target for the authorities.

anjelik
10-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Lets clarify something.I have never donated before and if I donate now,will I get invite?

Funkin'
10-26-2008, 12:34 AM
At FTN? No, it is not guaranteed you will get an invite. If you're a member there then read the home page, it explains the invite system.

Tokeman
10-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Wow, mis information runs free in this thread.

Keep this in mind when thinking about *any* tracker your interested in:

NO tracker is worth pining over, or hunting for. Your time is worth more then any tracker. If you really need into any of the harder to get sites, you will get there without seeking, just by being active at the sites you have, and showing interest in those specific areas.

tX
10-26-2008, 07:43 AM
NO tracker is worth pining over, or hunting for

Actually, supposing I didn't have What.cd, i would gladly run all over the place hunting for it.

lukee
10-26-2008, 07:56 PM

Stop spreading false information, please. ScT is probably the easiest tracker to seed at. I easily seed back most of the files to at least 1:1, even though I usually leech the files 1-2 days after their release and even though I only have 1mbit upstream. All alone on 3 packs I've uploaded back 3x50gigs, that's on my 1mbit upspeed. If you have any problems you are a hit'n'runner and noone wants to have you in their tracker.

Word. Imo, sct is one of the easier trackers to seed on. More peers=more seeding no matter how fast the other peoples connections are.

Di@monds
10-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Rtft.

Roooney
10-26-2008, 09:20 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/2ylmo2v.png

This would mean everyone donating now should get an invite! So, how much do you have to donate to get an invite? :p

Di@monds
10-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Depend how much money do you have :P

Roooney
10-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Not a problem;) Do you have an account Di@monds?

DouglasQuaid
10-26-2008, 11:27 PM
ScT is easy to gain a huge buffer without a seedbox if you're willing to partial seed... I just downloaded 20MB and upped 500MB on a 1.5mbit up. You obviously need to jump on them asap

Cabalo
10-27-2008, 02:07 AM
So much for those noobs that criticized SCT's invite policy...
FTN just became the same deal.

ben99
10-27-2008, 02:56 AM
roooney you have misunderstood the new news post, it says people who donated BEFORE the news post get invites.

Funkin'
10-27-2008, 05:19 AM
^ Exactly. Specifically it says all who have contributed so far this month, will receive an invite. It says nothing about if you donate right now that you will be given an invite.

Whether they're going to start selling invites like ScT in the near future, who knows...

wasaby
10-29-2008, 12:23 AM
how good is a tracker actually depens on people , for example for me, i do not care rarity but the point in parentheses.
like that TL [10] is my target and top site. of course there are many trackers like it

joyNt
10-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Cabalo, FTN had some money problems and those who donated before the announce was made recieved an invitation. Those who donated after the announce recieved nothing... It's not like they're selling invites...