PDA

View Full Version : Xp Corporate Pro With Sp 2 Question

six
09-07-2003, 12:54 AM
the file i downloaded(xp corp pro w/ sp2) is legit but is it safe to install?
another question, is this version a full install or does it require me to have an os installed? (like windows 98)
and is this os self-bootable or does it need a boot disk?

i just built my box and i wanted to reformat
i have a windows 98 full version(bought it for $90+ but lost the boot disk)

if anyone know a site, hash, or advice please post
thanks!

RPerry
09-07-2003, 01:11 AM
is that a regular windows 98 boot disk you need, or 98SE ?

six
09-07-2003, 01:15 AM
second edition

clocker
09-07-2003, 01:15 AM
the file i downloaded(xp corp pro w/ sp2) is legit but is it safe to install?

How in the world can we know?

another question, is this version a full install or does it require me to have an os installed? (like windows 98)

See above.

and is this os self-bootable or does it need a boot disk?

Ah, at last an answerable one.
It's easy to see if it's bootable...just put the disk in your CD-ROM and hit restart.
If it's a bootable disk, and if your machine is setup to boot from a CD, then it should start the install program .

For good instructions on the install ( with screenshots) go to www.blackviper.com.

Triadcool
09-07-2003, 01:18 AM
Service pack 2 isnt even out yet for xp.

six
09-07-2003, 01:30 AM
How in the world can we know?
simple, perhaps some of the users have downloaded it and installed it.
i read somethin about sp2 and how it locks up the computer, but im not so sure.

It's easy to see if it's bootable...just put the disk in your CD-ROM and hit restart.

i have a windows xp installed, would putting the cd to an HD with an OS be the same as to putting the cd to an HD with no OS?

thanks for the replies/link btw :)

clocker
09-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by six@6 September 2003 - 19:30

i have a windows xp installed, would putting the cd to an HD with an OS be the same as to putting the cd to an HD with no OS?

thanks for the replies/link btw :)
If your machine is set up to boot from a CD, and if the CD is bootable, the process begins before you even get to your already installed OS.

In other words, just to check if the CD is bootable it is irrelevant whether or not you have a OS installed.

There are lots of different versions of Windows on the network. Unless you post the exact name and filesize of your particular version, who's to know what you have?

BTW,
I thought it was either Corporate or Pro- not both.

And I think that Triadcool is right, there is no SP2 yet, is there?

boyzeee
09-07-2003, 02:00 AM
to see if a cd is bootable open it with isobuster, it will say whether it is bootable or not. if its not go here (http://home.online.no/~msols/xpboot.bin) to download a boot image for xp and re-burn ya copy with nero :D

RPerry
09-07-2003, 02:07 AM
@ six

sorry it took me so long to come back to this thread, working on something else. I have a boot disk for windows 98SE, which I should be able to copy to my harddrive and get to you. let me know on how you want this done ;)

zapjb
09-07-2003, 02:23 AM
@clocker All corp are pro. Not all pro are corp. :)

six
09-07-2003, 02:29 AM
thanks for all the help!
i think ill just install 98se using rperrys boot disk
then install xp and have a dual os :)
i need both anyway

oh yea the file is "xp corporate pro sp2 integrated"
and i couldnt find that same file anywhere anymore too
im guessing the warez group i downloaded it from just renamed this file.

again, thanks guys!

balamm
09-07-2003, 02:30 AM
bootdisk.com has all the startup disks you need.

If you want win98 and XP, it's not a problem, Dual boot. Just be sure to partition and install 98 first.

There is no service pack 2 for XP. It's an invention of windowsbeta or some such schit. I wouldn't touch it personally. There are enough other clean, unaltered sources for XP. Service packs come from MS, not some hacker schit wanna be's.

RPerry
09-07-2003, 02:56 AM
well, I already sent six a copy of my boot disk...... :huh:

sparsely
09-07-2003, 03:28 AM
you can download 98 bootdisc creators and all supa groovy bootdisks at.....drumroll please...
Bootdisk.com! (http://www.bootdisk.com)

balamm
09-07-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by RPerry@7 September 2003 - 03:56
well, I already sent six a copy of my boot disk...... :huh:
So you did :D

NightStalker
09-07-2003, 04:13 AM
File:Windows_XP_Pro_Corporate_Final.iso
Length:516200448 Bytes,504102KB
UUHash:=15732gtVYaQRSA32/1iY2oyCXtU=

Worked for me... Although may I suggest that you also download "Windows XP Key Changer" where you will be able to download SP1. :)

(Also I extracted it with WinISO and burnt it with Nero, worked fantastic.)

Somebody1234
09-07-2003, 05:24 AM
Unless you post the exact name and filesize of your particular version, who's to know what you have?
oh yea the file is "xp corporate pro sp2 integrated"

So what's its filesize?

Service pack 2 is not out yet. Go look in the verifieds for Windows XP Corporate Edition with Service Pack 1 integrated.

dgmortal
09-07-2003, 06:54 AM
there are service pack 2 betas out so it is likely that someone slipstreamed that into xp. i would still suggest sticking with the sp1 integrated xp until sp2 is final and download the sp2 updates that are already released to the public from windows update (if you need them).

six
09-07-2003, 07:39 AM
So what's its filesize?

size(bin): 595 MB (624,597,120 bytes)