PDA

View Full Version : Is "bumping" against the rules

JPaul
10-26-2008, 01:13 PM
If not it should be (other than in the lounge) it's just another form of spam (which is allowed in the lounge).

Basically, if no-one wants to reply to something you posted that should just be fair enough. "Bumping" a thread which no-one is interested in back to the top of the page is just annoying other people.

Chewie
10-26-2008, 01:17 PM
There used to be an infraction for it.
BT junkies were in the habit of bumping other peoples' threads, presumably in order to ingratiate themselves.

JPaul
10-26-2008, 01:36 PM
What about people bumping their own threads. If it's wrong to bump other people's then that must be at least as bad.

Chewie
10-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Sorry, I meant that there was an infraction for bumping any thread; my second line was purely anecdotal.

JPaul
10-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Oh right :lol:

So as far as you know it's against the rules.

Something Else
10-26-2008, 01:54 PM
The rule in the BT section is something like 1 bump every 12 hours or something else. Posts will be merged if made by the same poster, unless a specified amount of time has elapsed. I don't think it's against the rules, as about half the posts in that section read 'bump' . :dabs:

JPaul
10-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Gotcha.

Thanks for that.

AMnesko
10-26-2008, 03:06 PM
If not it should be (other than in the lounge) it's just another form of spam (which is allowed in the lounge).

Basically, if no-one wants to reply to something you posted that should just be fair enough. "Bumping" a thread which no-one is interested in back to the top of the page is just annoying other people.
If bumps would not be allowed then you would have like a 5 or 6 threads for the same request.

JPaul
10-26-2008, 03:12 PM

If bumps would not be allowed then you would have like a 5 or 6 threads for the same request.

That would be against the rules as well one would have thought.
Or are you suggesting that people should actually break the rules. Why would you do that, are you a trouble maker. I think you must be.

AMnesko
10-26-2008, 03:25 PM

Or are you suggesting that people should actually break the rules. Why would you do that, are you a trouble maker. I think you must be.
It breaks my heart to hear you speaking so about my humble person!:cry:I suppose that if multiple threads with the same request would be against the rules, then what you say makes sense. But I think bumping a thread after 12 hours is OK because someone might have missed it and once it`s bumped that person gets the chance to read it and perhaps help.

Something Else
10-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Or they could click 'next page' .

AMnesko
10-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Do you normally click next page? Oh, sorry, you are a veteran. But how often do you think that ordinary users click next page?

JPaul
10-26-2008, 03:50 PM
It breaks my heart to hear you speaking so about my humble person!:cry:I suppose that if multiple threads with the same request would be against the rules, then what you say makes sense. But I think bumping a thread after 12 hours is OK because someone might have missed it and once it`s bumped that person gets the chance to read it and perhaps help.

What are you talking about. I asked what the rule was and someone told me. What on earth does that have to do with you. Someone else clarified that there was a slightly different rule elsewhere, again what on Earth does that have to do with you. I see you are a trouble maker, hopefully you won't be here long enough to cause too much carnage. The mods here are usually good at rooting your kind out.

Something Else
10-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Do you normally click next page? Oh, sorry, you are a veteran. But how often do you think that ordinary users click next page?

You don't need to be a veteran of anything to click 'next page' :blink:

AMnesko
10-26-2008, 04:05 PM
My mistake then, but from what you said, "Or are YOU suggesting that people should actually break the rules. Why would YOU do THAT(as in I suggesting that people should break the rules), are YOU a trouble maker.(?) I think YOU must be." I thought you were adressing me personally. Anyways trouble making does not suit me, so I won`t do that. I apologize for the confusion and I think we should stop this useless arguing now because I believe it qualifies as SPAMMING.

Something Else
10-26-2008, 04:06 PM
No it doesn't.

100%
10-26-2008, 04:09 PM
bump

AMnesko
10-26-2008, 04:10 PM
bump
LOL! You seriously just did that?:lol:Dude, I think you made my day!

JPaul
10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
My mistake then, but from what you said, "Or are YOU suggesting that people should actually break the rules. Why would YOU do THAT(as in I suggesting that people should break the rules), are YOU a trouble maker.(?) I think YOU must be." I thought you were adressing me personally. Anyways trouble making does not suit me, so I won`t do that. I apologize for the confusion and I think we should stop this useless arguing now because I believe it qualifies as SPAMMING.

Where did I suggest that people break the rules, you're just making things up now to stir things. Fuck sake you're one of the worst I've seen here. Most people don't just come in looking for a fight.

AMnesko
10-26-2008, 04:24 PM

Where did I suggest that people break the rules, you're just making things up now to stir things. Fuck sake you're one of the worst I've seen here. Most people don't just come in looking for a fight.
I was just explaining to you what I understood from your reply! Just drop it! This is getting nowhere. Lets not talk about it anymore, I did not join this forum to pick up fights with other members, I have better things to do than that.

100%
10-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Please stop fighting, you are making me scared and cry, and am getting a rather large bump from it.

JPaul
10-26-2008, 04:32 PM
bump

How badly was your day going if that "made it". It was an obvious and derivative joke. At best. Or are you just trying to ingratiate yourself with a mod.

AMnesko
10-26-2008, 04:37 PM

How badly was your day going if that "made it". It was an obvious and derivative joke. At best. Or are you just trying to ingratiate yourself with a mod.
That is why it was so funny!:D Because it was the perfect joke at the time! And I like mods:happy:.

JPaul
10-26-2008, 04:43 PM
That is why it was so funny!:D Because it was the perfect joke at the time! And I like mods:happy:.

Good to see you're easy pleased. You should try the torrent trading section, you'd like the conversations in there.

maldini 3
11-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I think there "BUMP" have two advantages :
Your thread will advance
You still not got what you need
unless these it's a F* Spam

Disme
11-04-2008, 12:32 PM
I think there "BUMP" have two advantages :
Your thread will advance
You still not got what you need
unless these it's a F* Spam

I think YOUR bump is full of "F* Spam" :wacko:

RealitY
11-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Think JP has another duplicate on the site...

peat moss
11-08-2008, 02:05 AM
Think JP has another duplicate on the site...

Nice to see you posting Reality . :)