PDA

View Full Version : Why What.cd disables fresh accounts?

ketan
10-27-2008, 06:33 AM
I just signed up what.cd yesterday via an invitation,
I logged in the site and surfed a little bit,
then try to download a torrent but I failed, they did not allow me, after this I logged out.

Anyway, after a few hours (in morning) I tried to log in again but they warned me saying that "your account has been disabled...."

Why that happened to me? I can't believe it? :cry::cry:

killercam101
10-27-2008, 06:36 AM
giveaways in pubic forums are not allowed if they find out who invited you the inviter plus the invitees are all disabled.

Funkin'
10-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Yep, never accept a What.cd invite from here(I'm assuming you received it from here) from some doing a giveaway. The What.cd staff will keep their eye on that giveaway thread. Not only you were banned, but I'm sure your inviter was banned too. Possibly everyone else his invite tree.

I would only receive, or give, one of their invites discreetly through pm.

You can try their IRC and see if you have a chance of getting your account back.

ketan
10-27-2008, 07:09 AM
thank you very much for the replies

I will try to get it back,
first of all, I'm really sorry for the inviter, I didn't want to be so

yevgeny
10-27-2008, 08:05 AM
this is definitely the reason, try asking for an invite in the irc channel instead.

Dithersky
10-27-2008, 08:53 AM
and thats why what.cd sucks

ghurka
10-27-2008, 09:17 AM
and thats why what.cd sucksIf it was through a public giveaway, which is against their rules, then why would that make the site suck. Most other trackers would react exactly the same if it's against their rules...would they all suck as well?

tX
10-27-2008, 09:55 AM
I honestly don't see why anyone should be involved in public giveaways anyway, seeing as they pretty much hand them out free in IRC :/

0Ri0N
10-27-2008, 03:31 PM
What.CD has strict rules (glad to know) they stripped all my invites forever cause i invited a fucking cheater who invited more cheaters or whatever.

What.CD rules!!

alcoholik
10-27-2008, 06:38 PM
i think what have nice rules!