PDA

View Full Version : are egypt and poland banned from what cd ?

MAX011
10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
are egypt and poland banned from what cd ?

because i got inv and i didn't recive the confermation e:mail

predateur
10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
as i know, if the country is banned you can not even see the site , you get a 403 error or something like that , so you cant use the invite :P
now if they ban users from egypte after they creat account , i dunno lol

colbert
10-27-2008, 08:08 PM
I think What has banned some countries, but I don't know which ones.

weeded420
10-28-2008, 12:53 AM
sounds like a mail related issue, ive seen people complain of similar before
try their IRC server, someone should be able to help you in #what.cd-disabled on server irc.what.cd

Cabalo
10-28-2008, 02:04 AM
hope that at least they banned egypt. bunch of cheaters.

NorBis
10-28-2008, 03:00 AM

are you sure Cabalo (bunch of cheaters )
anyway
It's something very natural That there are some cheaters
But not all Egyptians (cheaters)
Also hope that ban your country Cabalo :P

joyNt
10-28-2008, 04:15 AM
Why not using a proxy? That should get your problems fixed. :)

RedRansom
10-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Why not using a proxy? That should get your problems fixed. :)
Try to login with a public proxy and look what will happen:naughty:

mbewe
10-28-2008, 09:24 AM
are egypt and poland banned from what cd ?

because i got inv and i didn't recive the confermation e:mail

Poland Isn`t banned I log in, without problems...

tX
10-28-2008, 09:26 AM
afaik What doesn't block any specific countries, I may be wrong though

If you didn't receive the mail, it would have nothing to do with your country anyway. They don't know your IP until you actually log in. It's most likely something with your email (check spam? maybe your provider blocks mail from what.cd?)

Using a public proxy on a torrent site is asking for pawnage, most of the time

khaledmh
10-28-2008, 01:40 PM

Hey ... yes we have a problem with cheaters but u have no right to circulate that on all egyption :angry:

Cabalo
10-28-2008, 02:33 PM
well, i apologise to all egyptians here, as i forgot to add that those that aren't cheaters, are either hardcore traders + cheaters. And this is not so much a statement of mine as i have read from staff at many sites.
Of course that there is always that 1% good users, but those as a minority that they are, will always be in trouble for their counterparts deeds.
kinda the scum of the earth on most site sysops eyes'.

TY.

predateur
10-28-2008, 02:52 PM
well, i apologise to all egyptians here, as i forgot to add that those that aren't cheaters, are either hardcore traders + cheaters. And this is not so much a statement of mine as i have read from staff at many sites.
Of course that there is always that 1% good users, but those as a minority that they are, will always be in trouble for their counterparts deeds.

TY.

stay cool man, even if there is only 1 honest guy and good user from egypte i think we should respect him.
i hate cheaters too , but not a reason to hate a whole counrty ;)

Cabalo
10-28-2008, 03:07 PM
i don't hate them at all. I've been on vacations at egypt and i like the people there.
it's just their general attitude at the torrent world that has marked them, and i'm only expressing the point of view of several people staffing sites.

mine is no different from theirs in this particular case, i'm afraid.

joyNt
10-28-2008, 03:35 PM
A friend of mine was banned from their invites channel for the reason that he is romanian and it seems that some IP classes from Romania are banned there. Don't know what to say about other countries...

sexten
10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
NO countries or ISPs is banned from What.CD. We do however have an invite-channel as an extra service to users not able to get in via other users, where we have certain countries/ISPs banned. That doesn't mean you can get an invite the "normal" way though.

khaledmh
10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
stay cool man, even if there is only 1 honest guy and good user from egypte i think we should respect him.
i hate cheaters too , but not a reason to hate a whole counrty ;)

1st: thank you for this reply (Predateur)...

i don't hate them at all. I've been on vacations at egypt and i like the people there.
it's just their general attitude at the torrent world that has marked them, and i'm only expressing the point of view of several people staffing sites.

mine is no different from theirs in this particular case, i'm afraid.

2nd (Cabalo) ... i already said that cheaters are a huge problem we suffer from ... and u won't ever imagine how many trackers we have been banned from because of those scumbags .... and what ever shit u can say about them, we said more in the egyption forums. Still even if there is (1) not (1%) non cheaters u still can't blame the whole country:angry:.... i am sure who made the cheating programs (or what ever they use in cheating) wasn't from Egypt.:angry:

manilabe
10-29-2008, 04:12 AM

TY.

Cabalo u r decent man and expert of prattle :D

Presto
10-29-2008, 04:52 AM
I sure hope they are, the less *********** in da hood, da better it is.

wasaby
10-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Can someone list here which counties are banned from what cd?

C.H.A.O.S
10-30-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't think that what have banned any country, The are more wise than other some trackers.

sexten
10-30-2008, 09:09 PM
NO countries or ISPs is banned from What.CD. We do however have an invite-channel as an extra service to users not able to get in via other users, where we have certain countries/ISPs banned. That doesn't mean you can get an invite the "normal" way though.

As I previously stated.

Skiz
10-30-2008, 10:17 PM
^That pretty much sums it up.