PDA

View Full Version : And yet again a reminder PLEASE READ!!!!!

Detale
10-27-2008, 08:48 PM
OK guys here it is again another warning about trading. There have been a surge in scam reports lately and most if not all of them are trades done over MSN messenger. If you decide to trade over MSN we cannot help you if you get scammed. We do not police the entire internet and so unless the trade occurs here at FST then there is little or nothing we can do. Guys please use alittle common sense when trading. If someone approaches you on MSN that you have never met before and says they want to trade and they are from FST MAKE THE TRADE HAPPEN HERE. If you think it's too good to be true IT PROBOBLY IS. We have the middleman request here guys please use it, it is there to help protect YOU. If the other person says something like "FST staff tell site staff" or any other lame excuse THEY ARE LIEING TO YOU AND WILL MOST LIKELY SCAM YOU. Again guys you ALL know that trading is dangerous and risk being banned at various trackers for doing it,so why make it even more dangerous that it already is. Any other suggestions for safer trading are ALWAYS welcome

anjelik
10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Thank you very much for the reminder.

HighestBiddeR
11-02-2008, 12:30 AM
thanks for the info

harsha11
11-02-2008, 02:47 AM
thanks for the reminder..

got cheated for my HDBITS accs via MSN :(

th0r
11-02-2008, 06:57 AM
common sense and trading shouldn't be in the same fucking sentence

greymatter
11-02-2008, 08:01 AM
I guess, this all happens to traders who trade accounts/invites that are forbidden in here, not denying the fact that i'm also a victim of the same. There should be more secure ways of trading higher level sites rather than posting in the middleman section which is visible to everyone.

If the other person says something like "FST staff tell site staff" or any other lame excuse THEY ARE LIEING TO YOU AND WILL MOST LIKELY SCAM YOU.

But i don't know yet how comfortable i will be trading using a middleman. Yes, hopefully we can be sure that the info will remain confidential but still i know some staff here might have some affection to the staff in sites we trade and i have strong reasons to say it. NO offense meant nor i mean particularly someone in here but the fact that the staff knows my ip and account info refrain myself from using a middleman.

Further, when it come to account trading, in some sites, ip change means ban. So when the staff confirms an account using his ip there is little chances that the accounts survive. Correct me if i'm wrong cause i don't know how the middleman system actually works.

Funkin'
11-02-2008, 08:17 AM
I wouldn't even bother warning these people. They want to take their chances with trading, then fuck 'em(no offense to the traders). Let them learn the consequences on their own.

swedish
11-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Are you an antitrader? It seems from your voice, you hate traders. Give me a better idea how to get trackers i want. I will quit trading. Or if you are a mod in e**** send me an invite. I will quit trading today. :lol:

th0r
11-02-2008, 09:46 AM
sorry, we don't invite traders

catch-22?

swedish
11-02-2008, 09:54 AM
:lol: Thats what i meant. Once a trader always a trader. There in no way other than to trade to be a part of your tracker. So leave us on our way. :P

What is catch-22?

Roooney
11-02-2008, 09:57 AM
There's a member here on FST who wanted to trade highlevel accounts with me, but he said we should meet at MSN. Didn't really give it alot of thought, but now...

Thanks for this thread.

Detale
11-02-2008, 10:03 AM
For the "anti" traders please leave the bullshit out of this thread. This was mostly posted because I noticed lots of scams done over MSN not so we could have another debate about trading/not trading. If you have some helpful input ON TOPIC great, if not nothin to see here....move along

soulreaper
11-02-2008, 10:07 AM
What is catch-22?

As far as I know, catch-22 is a situation in which you're in a dilemma,where you're not able to take a decision.

JPaul
11-02-2008, 10:10 AM
When did FST become so nazi. With mods telling members to fuck off and mind their own business. Is one only allowed to comment on a subject if one agrees with the mods now.

It certainly didn't start out that way.

What is catch-22?

As far as I know, catch-22 is a situation in which you're in a dilemma,where you're not able to take a decision.

You're wrong, if anything that's Hobson's Choice. Unless of course you're Joseph Heller and I picked you up wrong.

Artemis
11-02-2008, 11:01 AM
For the "anti" traders please leave the bullshit out of this thread. This was mostly posted because I noticed lots of scams done over MSN not so we could have another debate about trading/not trading. If you have some helpful input ON TOPIC great, if not nothin to see here....move along

This thread was going to attract flamebait Detale, such epic words as 'safer trading' were bound to be a red flag to a bull.
A very simple rule that you cannot deny is that without trading there would be no scams ? Also the very fact that so many members here have duplicate memberships or even multiples as in recent cases, makes it less likely that this will be a 'safe' environment. All it means is that you can ban the offending member but then they will merrily carry on their way with the other memberships and/or create new ones.
I fully realise with the huge membership that FST has ( and the fact that membership is never pruned) plus the fact that there are no IP duplicate checking scripts here means tracking duplicate memberships is very hit and miss, but then this also makes the 'safer trading' concept even less viable.
It's a truly lovely sentiment though...........:blink:

greymatter
11-02-2008, 12:15 PM
There are different sections here for different subjects. I was just wondering if there is a thread for anti-traders. If not, there should be one. Or they will start hijacking every thread in the same way. Why do they read and post in the 'trade section' in the first place if they have no interest in trading. Will these all refrain people from trading? ppl this is not politics.

If a site (FST) allows trading means why can't a mod set some rules or tips for 'safe trading'. I'm going to write a user guide about 'safe trading'. lol

If i talk about trading or not trading, (since someone popped in with an off topic) I stayed low here for around an year with no trading. I'm not addicted to trading or collecting trackers. Now i ran out of my stuff and came back here. Still the trading section is here after lots of arguments and all those debates. I think, it's the tracker staff's duty to find out 'who is against their rules?' Not FST staff. IMO, FST staff is co-operating with most trackers who don't want their invites to be traded and are active here. Afterall, FST is an individual forum which has no obligation to those TRACKERS.

The whole point is this thread is against scammers and cheaters, not against anti-traders.

stoi
11-02-2008, 12:35 PM
FST staff is co-operating with most trackers who don't want their invites to be traded and are active here.

WRONG!!

Community Rep Trackers, their Accounts cant be traded, Invites are a free for all.

and that is all I am going to say on this subject (I could say a lot more but im refraining this time around)

DarkLured
11-02-2008, 01:14 PM
common sense and trading shouldn't be in the same fucking sentence

What a stupid statement (I'm not calling you stupid, just that statement). You can say/argue that trading is risky, or is wrong, or shouldn't be allowed, but there are responsible ways to trade that minimize risk and conform with common sense. Trading in itself is not incompatible with common sense.

There should be more secure ways of trading higher level sites rather than posting in the middleman section which is visible to everyone.

The middleman request section header says "Only you and Staff can view your thread(s)," so it seems that a middleman request would not be visible to everyone.

Is one only allowed to comment on a subject if one agrees with the mods now.

No I think the point is, if you don't like trading and don't trade, then what are you doing in the trading section in the first place? FST divided requests/giveaways and trades into two separate sections in part so that so-called anti-traders would stop spamming trade threads and preaching their beliefs on the evils of trading.

IdolEyes787
11-02-2008, 01:31 PM
What is catch-22?

A catch-22 is self-defeating course of action.

An example wouild be I need an reasonable answer to a question but the only place I have to ask is here.

puckface
11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't even bother warning these people. They want to take their chances with trading, then fuck 'em(no offense to the traders). Let them learn the consequences on their own.

go away you fucking troll

There should be more secure ways of trading higher level sites rather than posting in the middleman section which is visible to everyone.

wow, youre not too smart

this guy doesn't even deserve the attention to a response, another jackass who thinks hes better then everyone else

That being said, common sense should be used in all aspects of life... if you're gonna trade use common sense. If its too good to be true, it is. If someone even seems sketchy, he probably is. If you're gonna trade demand a transparent process that makes you and the other person feel comfortable, if you cant achieve a comfortable situation, walk away.

Detale
11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
When did FST become so nazi. With mods telling members to fuck off and mind their own business. Is one only allowed to comment on a subject if one agrees with the mods now.

It certainly didn't start out that way.

And it isn't that way now JP. Maybe I missed it but where exactly did I tell anyone to fuck off? I was merely trying to shut down the whole trader/anti trader argument that has been done to death already Shirley you see that. Don't get your panties in a bunch (again) this was meant to help some of our newer members from the scammers that come here, not a big deal really. Don't think this warrants a "Nazi" tag either man. A bit beneath you really.

This thread was going to attract flamebait Detale, such epic words as 'safer trading' were bound to be a red flag to a bull.
A very simple rule that you cannot deny is that without trading there would be no scams ? Also the very fact that so many members here have duplicate memberships or even multiples as in recent cases, makes it less likely that this will be a 'safe' environment. All it means is that you can ban the offending member but then they will merrily carry on their way with the other memberships and/or create new ones.
I fully realise with the huge membership that FST has ( and the fact that membership is never pruned) plus the fact that there are no IP duplicate checking scripts here means tracking duplicate memberships is very hit and miss, but then this also makes the 'safer trading' concept even less viable.
It's a truly lovely sentiment though...........:blink:

I guess you're right Art but my focus isn't really on safer trading it was more on people using their heads if they do decide to trade. There are lots of reports here from people who traded on MSN and then come a'crying here but as it has been said 1000x we cannot police the internet only our humble site. This also puts me in an awkward position, I want to help our members but at the same time I can't do much when people are scammed this way. Maybe if people get the idea now that will help them in the future not to be scammed and in general use a bit more common sense.

this guy doesn't even deserve the attention to a response, another jackass who thinks hes better then everyone else

Wow did YOU hit the nail on the head

bumrocks
11-03-2008, 02:40 AM
Alright...Unusually, I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this one. I have lots to say but will resepect the mods wish. Trader's wishes I will still ignore...

Funkin'
11-03-2008, 04:39 AM

An expected response from some douchebag trader. You're whole post was nothing but trolling to myself, greymatter, and JPaul.

I was just trying to give you traders a little advice by telling you there is no guaranteed way that you're not going to get ripped off. The only guaranteed way is not to do it.

Artemis
11-03-2008, 05:04 AM
There are different sections here for different subjects. I was just wondering if there is a thread for anti-traders. If not, there should be one. Or they will start hijacking every thread in the same way. Why do they read and post in the 'trade section' in the first place if they have no interest in trading. Will these all refrain people from trading? ppl this is not politics.

If a site (FST) allows trading means why can't a mod set some rules or tips for 'safe trading'. I'm going to write a user guide about 'safe trading'. lol

If i talk about trading or not trading, (since someone popped in with an off topic) I stayed low here for around an year with no trading. I'm not addicted to trading or collecting trackers. Now i ran out of my stuff and came back here. Still the trading section is here after lots of arguments and all those debates. I think, it's the tracker staff's duty to find out 'who is against their rules?' Not FST staff. IMO, FST staff is co-operating with most trackers who don't want their invites to be traded and are active here. Afterall, FST is an individual forum which has no obligation to those TRACKERS.

The whole point is this thread is against scammers and cheaters, not against anti-traders.

Although this is in the trade section it is not a trade thread, therefore it is fair game in terms of whether people should comment or not comment? Just because someone does not trade does not mean that they shouldn't read a section on the forum, for me people's posts (all of them) help me to form an opinion of them, saying that people have a right to view or not view a section of this forum is censorship, is that what you are advocating ?
As for trading itself, it is a slippery slope, because people are willing to offer their memberships to trackers to others like other forms of 'collectables' there are those that wish to take them from the unwary by scamming them out of their memberships. But the simple and basic fact of this is that if people did not offer their tracker memberships or the invites they had gained by being members then the scammers would be out of a hobby.

Disme
11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
I love them traded accounts they're the best ... having to fear the fact it can be disabled at anytime when the tracker in question checks the IP-change, lying low in the forums, not being able to post because you don't know jack-shit about the one who owned the account before you and everything you say could be used against you ... :rolleyes:

greymatter
11-03-2008, 01:43 PM
As for trading itself, it is a slippery slope, because people are willing to offer their memberships to trackers to others like other forms of 'collectables' there are those that wish to take them from the unwary by scamming them out of their memberships. But the simple and basic fact of this is that if people did not offer their tracker memberships or the invites they had gained by being members then the scammers would be out of a hobby.

Its a common fact that not everyone can join all sites they want due to their limited user base or site policies over inviting new members.

Its another fact that not everyone trading is simply collecting trackers.

Its another fact that sites have staff and their rules that protect them.

Then why few users in this community are against those members who trade? If you were a site staff somewhere, i could justify you. If you mean to say, i invited someone and he traded, then stop giving away. If you mean, i have invites to deserving people, don't pop into the trade section. You won't find them.

As you said, there is no problem in reading trade offers, read it. BUT I would just say, just read and move away. Why to comment or advise if they don't deserve to keep/protect their accounts?

Finally, its just one thing. Do not defy moderator's expressed wishes. lol
No matter how small the user base/site rating is, the rule is general. :lol:

wiseD
11-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Are you an antitrader? It seems from your voice, you hate traders. Give me a better idea how to get trackers i want. I will quit trading. Or if you are a mod in e**** send me an invite. I will quit trading today. :lol:
Do you know what friends are?

puckface
11-03-2008, 04:35 PM

An expected response from some douchebag trader. You're whole post was nothing but trolling to myself, greymatter, and JPaul.

I was just trying to give you traders a little advice by telling you there is no guaranteed way that you're not going to get ripped off. The only guaranteed way is not to do it.

Trolling against trolls , and at least i gave some useful information. I never see that from any of you at any time.

Artemis
11-03-2008, 08:43 PM
If you mean to say, i invited someone and he traded, then stop giving away.
Yes I surely did, or rather I ran into his non trader persona I offered him an invite to bitmetv, he promptly dashed off and fired a ratiocheat program at the tracker getting himself and me disabled in the process. Of course at first he was very effusive in his apologies and his trader persona even emailed me as a 'friend' of the original member. Now the point of this little tale is that he was also previously banned here under other guises, was operating both as a non trader and as a trader (had scammed) and used ratio cheat programs as well. So yes I got rather spectacularly burned there when I was fairly new to this forum.

Then why few users in this community are against those members who trade? In answer to this I have already given one of many examples, but to put it more clearly trading and scamming are two sides of a coin and are inseparable, if there was no trading there would be no a/c's to scam in the first place, and the scammers are not a separate group they are some of the very same traders who at the time want a tracker that is on offer but a. don't have anything to trade so they simply relieve the other person of the membership instead, or b. don't want to give any of their own tracker memberships for various reasons so scam the other person.
It is not like there are 'good' traders and 'bad' traders and they all have a badge to recognise each other , traders do not want to follow the rules of the trackers that they belong to (or only want to follow the rules of those that they choose to), and some of these very same traders also do not want to respect other traders and follow the rules of the trade, or are quite willing to relieve the unwary of their tracker memberships for being n00bs etc.

As you said, there is no problem in reading trade offers, read it. BUT I would just say, just read and move away. Why to comment or advise if they don't deserve to keep/protect their accounts?

Finally, its just one thing. Do not defy moderator's expressed wishes. lol
No matter how small the user base/site rating is, the rule is general.

My posts on this subject are on topic, I am offering an alternative to safe trading in saying to others that if you do not trade then you will not be scammed, this is a simple and unalienable fact, and thus is part of the topic of scamming. Some people are told that the only way to get the trackers that they wish is to trade, this is a lie, if you spend the time to make friends then they will want you to become part of trackers and communities. I am trying to show a balanced view of the whole subject, which is scamming, and my original comments were that it is becoming so prevalent here because of the multiple a/c's that many members are starting to build up. There are some people who have a non trader a/c, a trader a/c and some sacrificial a/c's for the odd trade/scam that might go wrong, and I am saying that the only truly effective way to navigate through these waters is to not trade.
As for Detale's expressed wishes, even he replied to my original post, long before you did, agreeing with my points, if they had been off topic he would have said so since we know each other very well.
The choice in the end is yours, to trade or not to trade, I do not personally believe that trading builds good long term members of the community but there are some. I do however believe that the scamming that is becoming so prevalent is because people are willing to pass memberships around like pokemon cards, and that there is something inherently wrong with this very willingness.

greymatter
11-04-2008, 03:46 AM
As for Detale's expressed wishes, even he replied to my original post, long before you did, agreeing with my points, if they had been off topic he would have said so since we know each other very well.

lol, i really didn't mean you. I apologize and it was a mistake that i referred 'YOU' but it was not you but the anti traders, not all, but those ones who appear in every thread hoping to have an invite from the once experienced traders who eventually became anti-traders. I think they are for a good cause because they understand the evils of trading but i guess, being just a user in those sites, one should quit trading as some members here has done. Once you got everything, then discouraging others to trade is not justified either. The best thing one can do is report to the corresponding trackers rather than destroying the friendly atmosphere here. Sometimes, its right, there are people who have every tracker on that level list but still can't satisfy their desire to trade and I don't think they will be discouraged from trading by these comments.

Once again apologies, it was not you. :)

JUSTAGUY
11-04-2008, 04:11 AM
I guess, this all happens to traders who trade accounts/invites that are forbidden in here, not denying the fact that i'm also a victim of the same. There should be more secure ways of trading higher level sites rather than posting in the middleman section which is visible to everyone.

If the other person says something like "FST staff tell site staff" or any other lame excuse THEY ARE LIEING TO YOU AND WILL MOST LIKELY SCAM YOU.

But i don't know yet how comfortable i will be trading using a middleman. Yes, hopefully we can be sure that the info will remain confidential but still i know some staff here might have some affection to the staff in sites we trade and i have strong reasons to say it. NO offense meant nor i mean particularly someone in here but the fact that the staff knows my ip and account info refrain myself from using a middleman.

Further, when it come to account trading, in some sites, ip change means ban. So when the staff confirms an account using his ip there is little chances that the accounts survive. Correct me if i'm wrong cause i don't know how the middleman system actually works.

i agree that's why i don't trust the middleman system we need a better more efficient method.

That1Guy
11-04-2008, 05:22 AM
What is catch-22?

Catch 22 is a phrase that originated in a book based on WWII if I remember correctly. I think it was a movie as well.

It refers to bomber pilots trying to get out of the war by claiming to be insane. The "catch" was that if you were trying to get out of the war, than you are thinking rationally (no one wants to get killed in a bombing mission). If you are thinking rationally.....then you aren't insane and can continue.

dont have much to say about the topic though. . .

Edit: better explanation here http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2093/whats-the-origin-of-catch-22

integral
11-04-2008, 05:40 AM
At the end of the day, traders have the odds stacked against them. Most torrent users in the community hate them intensely, all trackers forbid trading, and of course a lot of "traders" are actually scammers.

So naturally, traders, when you try to fight for your right to be the "most efficient" scum of the torrent community, you're going to be met with some heated opinions. As long as it is not heavy trolling, people are allowed to post in trade threads. Unless the mods start cracking down a lot, you're just going to have to deal with it. :)

puckface
11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
At the end of the day, traders have the odds stacked against them. Most torrent users in the community hate them intensely, all trackers forbid trading, and of course a lot of "traders" are actually scammers.

So naturally, traders, when you try to fight for your right to be the "most efficient" scum of the torrent community, you're going to be met with some heated opinions. As long as it is not heavy trolling, people are allowed to post in trade threads. Unless the mods start cracking down a lot, you're just going to have to deal with it. :)

I mean, I dont really care, but I love when people use the "trackers forbid trading" or "against trackers rules" arguments, which are both true statements. But, I wonder why I dont see these same people going to the giveaway section and getting all high and mighty there? I mean, giveaways to people you dont know are "forbidden" and "against tracker rules".. I just get the feeling since its popular, people will pick on certain people because they think its cool and they can get away with it, which makes them feel superior, good luck with that.

Detale
11-05-2008, 12:51 AM

i agree that's why i don't trust the middleman system we need a better more efficient method.

Well lets see you say you don't know how the MM system actually works yet you have formed an opinion that it is unsafe Both you and GM are wrong. No matter what "affections" we may or may not have for some site staff it has no bearing on the trust that comes with being a MM. For you or anyone to say that is a bit insulting to me and Im sure to the MOD's here. Staff have access to your IP addy now we don't need for you to use a middle man. ANY site you are a member of also has your IP and if there were ever anything to go on between FST and a site using or not using a MM would mean NOTHING.

You say you have good reason to say so? Well what reasons might those be? Don't just spread propaganda without a real point or IMO it seems like bull5hit. AFAIK there has never been a case of someone using a MM here and their info being spread around.

I agree that traders have the odds against them 100%, it's true there are many risks associated with trading. I mean all could have gone well with the trade and months down the line your acct could be banned because they found out you got the acct by trading. This is something traders must accept ,Shirley. But to say "all" trackers hate traders and trading is a bit much indeed. There are alot of sites out there not just the 20 or so we mostly deal with here and many of those sites couldn't give a crap about trading at all. Trading is not the scummiest part of the torrent community either man. It's all opinion. IMO I feel people who sell invites on Ebay are way worse than traders and I feel that those who scam others are even worse than that. Not saying that I even agree with trading because I feel making some friends is the best way, but to some getting noticed and making friends isn't that easy so I can understand why people do it. But for you to try and speak for the entire "torrent community" is a bit absurd and cocky. Even in the torrent communiyt sites war with each other ALL the time.

b1oodyh3ll
11-05-2008, 01:38 AM
trading accounts is a bad idea too.

WhoopDeDoo
11-05-2008, 04:41 AM
I've traded invites before, never accounts though because I favor keeping the sites I belong to, to myself.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder, I never thought of the possibilities of getting scammed through MSN/AIM/whatever.

Edit - When I say I've traded invites I mean my own invites on my own accounts, not trading one person's invite for another's.

Disme
11-05-2008, 07:07 AM
But, I wonder why I dont see these same people going to the giveaway section and getting all high and mighty there? I mean, giveaways to people you dont know are "forbidden" and "against tracker rules"

Who said invite GA's to unknown people are supported by everyone ... I don't like trading and I don't like public invite GA's ... they are all about the same to me.

I'm not a fanatic anti-this or anti-that ... but I won't give an invite of mine to people I don't like, that's all.

apextwin146
11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
But, I wonder why I dont see these same people going to the giveaway section and getting all high and mighty there? I mean, giveaways to people you dont know are "forbidden" and "against tracker rules"
I don't like trading and I don't like public invite GA's ... they are all about the same to me.

So how did u get into BitHumen then :huh: ...

Disme
11-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I don't like trading and I don't like public invite GA's ... they are all about the same to me.

I said I don't like the fact people do public GA's and give invites to peeps they don't know at all (except for a lousy ratio-proof and speedtest) ... I didn't say I never applied for a public GA, hell knows I got a fair number of trackers from a public GA.
I just say I would never ever do a public GA ... and trading or public GA's are basically the same in terms of consequences for the inviter/invitee/tracker.

If you saw my BT-rep you'd see I have done 3 in the past ... one for a tracker that was open-signup :frusty: and two for an easily accessible one.
They date from some time now and I saw really fast public GA's weren't my thing.

Basically I think someone doing a lot of public GA's isn't my first choice when I decide to handout an invite.

Hope you understand better what I was trying to explain. :happy:

apextwin146
11-05-2008, 11:09 AM

I said I don't like the fact people do public GA's and give invites to peeps they don't know at all (except for a lousy ratio-proof and speedtest) ... I didn't say I never applied for a public GA, hell knows I got a fair number of trackers from a public GA.
I just say I would never ever do a public GA ... and trading or public GA's are basically the same in terms of consequences for the inviter/invitee/tracker.

If you saw my BT-rep you'd see I have done 3 in the past ... one for a tracker that was open-signup :frusty: and two for an easily accessible one.
They date from some time now and I saw really fast public GA's weren't my thing.

Basically I think someone doing a lot of public GA's isn't my first choice when I decide to handout an invite.

Hope you understand better what I was trying to explain. :happy:
Quoted for undeniable proof of hypocrisy
Did u even read what you have written .. You equate Public GA's to trading on one hand and the other you openly admitt that you got a good number of them through same thing ..
Does it make sense?
Atleast give back to the community from which you have got your fair share ..
But if u r saying that Public GA are dangerous as you never knw what ur invitee would do with it then thats a different topic ..
Remember you cannot clap with one hand .. You cant just say that they are bad and then participate in it ..
Though i totally inderstand your point that you wud never indulge in Public GA of your own as its a bit too risky for you ; it depends from person to person and there is nothing wrong with that .. But somewhere down the line you would have to take the risk :naughty: ..

Disme
11-05-2008, 02:57 PM
This has nothing to do with hypochrisy ... I applied in public GA's ... yes ... and the inviter/tracker was lucky I got the invite :)

But if u r saying that Public GA are dangerous as you never knw what ur invitee would do with it then thats a different topic

That is the only thing I meant to say ... and don't worry ... I have been given more to this community than you know (but you don't because I don't show of any rep) and nobody needs to know who I have invited and where.

Public GA to unknow peeps form the same problem for a tracker/inviter/invitee ... who just joined your tracker/who you invited/you don't know who invited you.

puckface
11-05-2008, 07:43 PM

Who said invite GA's to unknown people are supported by everyone ... I don't like trading and I don't like public invite GA's ... they are all about the same to me.

I'm not a fanatic anti-this or anti-that ... but I won't give an invite of mine to people I don't like, that's all.

Dude, Im not picking on anyone, especially you. But as I said in my post, I find it finny as all hell that people find trading abhorrent but giveaways are cool.

Hating traders is just fashionable, and people are ridiculous with the whole mob mentality. Thats my point.

stoi
11-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I knew i could not stay quiet for long lol

OK this is only MY opinion, not BCG, or my staffs or any other trackers out there.

Giveaways and trading are both good and bad, it all depends where and how it is done.

A: You have been a member of a tracker for awhile, you get to know members, IRC/Forums, even have them on MSN etc.

You get an Invite for another site, you give it to one of those members you know and have been chatting to.

Giveaways like hat are fine

B: Trading. Same as above, but you get talking to your friend, he has an invite for a site you want to get in, and you have an invite for a one he wants to get it.

Trading like that is fine.

C: You come to a public forum, or any invite forum for that matter, you giveaway an invite to someone you have no idea who the hell he is, he may have just been banned 20 minutes ago on that same tracker, and im sure if they have just been banned, the staff dont want to see him again, even with another nickname and email and IP, because sooner or later he will get found out.

D: same as above, but you trade the Invite, same scenario, you dont know them how on earth can you trust them to be a good member, you may get links to their profiles, they may be a good member on 3-5 sites, so you think, ok i can trust them, but they may have been banned from 20+ sites and you have no bloody idea.

E: Account trading is bad for A : B : C : D and just should not be done full stop.

Also traders will tend to just lurk in the shadows, seed and leech but never take part in the community, now i hear a lot of members on here say, Trackers are for Files, I have other places for the Community, but in all seriosness if we did not have a good community or it was completely dead, It would not be worth my while to run the site, to me the Community is more important than the tracker, after all you can get most of the files elsewhere anyway.

PS: I absolutely detest FST Giveaway and Trade Sections, as well as the WTAW thread.

But i have tried my best to change it, but they are just going to change the WTO and leave the WTAW the way it is (as far as i can understand anyway) so whats the point.

I have argued till i am blue in the face, and its still done no frigging good, so whatever, time for others to take up the mantle now, I give up fighting a loosing cause.

PPS: the reason you see so much hatred, is believe it or not, the members that are flaming traders, actually care about their trackers, 99% of traders could not give a shit about them.

TheGood
11-06-2008, 05:22 AM
trolling/flaming traders gives you 'anti-trader' cred. so then, you're good to go when you make a request with hopes that a stranger will fulfill it.

apextwin146
11-06-2008, 06:15 AM
the members that are flaming traders, actually care about their trackers, 99% of traders could not give a shit about them.
what does caring abt a tracker entail?

DarkLured
11-06-2008, 06:45 AM
On a related note (another warning), it probably makes sense to look out for people who advertise a trade, but close the thread so nobody can comment, and who ask you to "send first" but then never respond after you suggest a middleman - red flag!!! Of course I'm not talking about anybody in particular...*cough* +: ) *cough* :)

DeathAngel
11-06-2008, 08:01 AM
This thread is really worth reading . It involved all sorts of thoughts . I liked Stoi's post . It's simple and well organized . I also wanna ask , why keep the Trading and the WTAW sections ? if these sections are gone , FST will be much better , a lot of scum ( who doesn't care about FST ) will simply leave . I think that you guys ( FST staff members ) should consider removing the trading section and that useless WTAW thread . Anyways Good Luck :)

Disme
11-06-2008, 08:19 AM
the members that are flaming traders, actually care about their trackers, 99% of traders could not give a shit about them.

I don't know what stoi meant (I'm not inhis head), but caring for a tracker is basically being genuinly interested in a tracker ... having some friends on a tracker, being active on a tracker.
Caring about what kind of members are part of the tracker so you know it is safe for you to post things you might not post on a public tracker. Being able to download/seed things, without major concerns for your safety, because not every nitwit can join the tracker in question and the tracker staff care for their members too.

th0r
11-06-2008, 08:36 AM
I think that you guys ( FST staff members ) should consider removing the trading section and that useless WTAW thread.that's been pushed for years; it's not going to happen anytime soon, unfortunately

apextwin146
11-06-2008, 08:48 AM

I don't know what stoi meant (I'm not inhis head), but caring for a tracker is basically being genuinly interested in a tracker ... having some friends on a tracker, being active on a tracker.
Caring about what kind of members are part of the tracker so you know it is safe for you to post things you might not post on a public tracker. Being able to download/seed things, without major concerns for your safety, because not every nitwit can join the tracker in question and the tracker staff care for their members too.
You R confusing community with trackers ...A strong community is a addon to the primary purpose of the tracker which is to share files incase that was lost among all the community bullshit that goes on around here ..
If u dont want the files and just the community you would be better off with your own regional forums .. Regarding safety its the staff concern ans nothing to do with us caring abt the tracker ...

Disme
11-06-2008, 08:58 AM
You R confusing community with trackers ...A strong community is a addon to the primary purpose of the tracker which is to share files incase that was lost among all the community bullshit that goes on around here ..
If u dont want the files and just the community you would be better off with your own regional forums .. Regarding safety its the staff concern ans nothing to do with us caring abt the tracker ...

Let's say sharing is caring ... but I only share when I know it's safe to do so ... by trading you are geopardising the security of the tracker by bringing in new members that werent supposed to be there in the first place.
Bringing that kind of members in could bring down the tracker what would be felt like a loss to some (the ones who care, the others would just move on), but could also result in me being prosecuted for sharing my stuffz, and I ould like to avoid that scenario.
A trackers safety isn't only the staff's concern imo ... if you truly believe that you're wrong.

apextwin146
11-06-2008, 09:19 AM

Let's say sharing is caring ... but I only share when I know it's safe to do so ... by trading you are geopardising the security of the tracker by bringing in new members that werent supposed to be there in the first place.
Bringing that kind of members in could bring down the tracker what would be felt like a loss to some (the ones who care, the others would just move on), but could also result in me being prosecuted for sharing my stuffz, and I ould like to avoid that scenario.
A trackers safety isn't only the staff's concern imo ... if you truly believe that you're wrong.
Where in my post have i talked about trading .. Its common sense that trading poses a security risk .. I am asking what does caring entail and not about Trading ..
Again the point i mentioned was that according to you : being active on a tracker(apart from seeding/leeching) , making friends is all for the community and not necess. translates into caring abt a tracker

@avatar - Inspired from BigBoab?Who is this guy

bty do u have any idea y cabalo was banned?

Disme
11-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Again the point i mentioned was that according to you : being active on a tracker(apart from seeding/leeching) , making friends is all for the community and not necess. translates into caring abt a tracker

Caring about a tracker is both seeding/leeching and being an active part of the tracker-community ... but as I stated before that's what I believe to be caring for a tracker. Being concerned for it's well-being, having fun, sharing your stuff with like-minded people or even friends.

Not inspired from BigBoab :noes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercule_Poirot

He's not banned ... he's disabled, whatever that means ... I believe it has something to do with spreading false accusations but I am not sure.

stoi
11-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Ok i will answer this.

Community encompases.

using the tracker, as in downloading stuff from that tracker, not just grabbing it elsewhere and helping seed with a seedbox for 2 days so you can get to the higher classes and do nothing else on it.

helping your fellow members out, if you downloaded something and it works, someone else puts in the comments, it does not work, you say it does and explain how you got it to work, and talk them through it.

helping fellow members out on the forums, for the same as above for for bittorrent and tracker queries, and anything else they may want help with.

Coming into IRC, and getting involved in live chat now and again, you dont have to be in there 24/7 just pop in now and again see how everyone is doing, see who is in, and just have a laugh. (or again help out if need be).

Upload your own stuff, and keep an eye on the comments, but also take the bad with the good comments, as we all get them and throwing your toys out the pram with 1 bad comment is just silly.

Keeping files on your hdd, keep an eye on the torrents needing seeds, if one pops up that you have, get back on it and help them out, dont just get to a 1 ratio and delete the things.

basically getting yourself involved as much as you can, even asking questions when your not sure on something, getting to know other members and the staff, and most of all, enjoying your experience.

honestly if trackers were just all about the tracker and the files more importantly and nothing else, we all may as well just use Emule.

bottom line is, there is a lot of things that encompass community, use your imagination.

Regarding safety its the staff concern ans nothing to do with us caring abt the tracker ...

and that response there is a typical traders response, just trying to justify that your actions are not damaging to a tracker.

honestly how many trackers do yous want for crying out loud, i heard that 1 trader would not be happy until he had 5 accounts on every tracker, ffs whats the point, go and collect pokemon cards instead. (but i forgot, that costs you money, your trading for things that are free, thats why its so stupid.

Artemis
11-06-2008, 09:08 PM
honestly if trackers were just all about the tracker and the files more importantly and nothing else, we all may as well just use Emule.

Although I absolutely agree with the rest of the points in your post stoi, this is exactly the same thought that I have always had whenever someone defends a lack of activity (forum, irc etc.) on the idea that a tracker is all about teh filez and that community is bullshit. If just getting the files is your only concern and yet you have to have every tracker in existence to download them from then you are missing the whole point of being part of a private torrent tracker.
In fact some private trackers are now changing their rules to reflect the fact that they want members who are active on the tracker and the forum, FtN is one recent example of this but there are others and in order to gain invites etc you have to actually participate.

stoi
11-06-2008, 09:55 PM
well i will be honest, Forum posts are a good way to measure for promotions but..

a lot of people dont like forums at all

I can just forsee lots of spam crappy posts spouting up in the first 30 minutes of putting something like that on.

but saying that, we are thinking about doing something similar.

read the new ranks/class names thread in the global announcements forum. not just the 1st post either, there is a table in there somewhere with what we have planned.

But it wont really be for "Higher Ranks" or people get bonuses because they have a higher rank (like invites, saying as though users get invites or the PU or whatever) everyone will be even, just members with different achievments (sp).

its planned, whether or not it will ever come off though is a different matter lol

Detale
11-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Stoi reading your posts I wish I used BCG. I should go buy an Xbox or PS3 or something damnit!

TheGood
11-07-2008, 01:41 AM
don't think you can play pirated ps3 games yet.

stoi
11-07-2008, 07:01 PM
well its this sort of thing that does my head in

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bcg-question-320286/?

why ask here, when we have a Forum and IRC.

its not that bad of a question to ask, he said he done it because he may get a faster response, but why, lucky i was on here at the time, or it would not have been fast at all.

it just boggles the mind sometimes.

Something Else
11-07-2008, 07:04 PM

He's not banned ... he's disabled, whatever that means ... I believe it has something to do with spreading false accusations but I am not sure.

Banned/Disabled is the same thing.

Funkin'
11-08-2008, 04:39 AM
^ He seems to be back now. Along with Sweetiepie.

Roooney
11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
F**king cheats, I hate them all.

Cabalo
11-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Caring about a tracker is both seeding/leeching and being an active part of the tracker-community ... but as I stated before that's what I believe to be caring for a tracker. Being concerned for it's well-being, having fun, sharing your stuff with like-minded people or even friends.

Not inspired from BigBoab :noes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercule_Poirot

well they are not false and the staff knows that too. it was for insisting publicly about it. it was considered stalking.
not my problem at all, so...

@deathangel: doing so would make things even more chaotic. it's better to have a structure to rely on than everyone has their own's.
actually, only those that are interested use it. i honestly have not a clear idea of what are the "levels" thingy there, i am a content-wise user.

Detale
11-09-2008, 04:03 AM

Banned/Disabled is the same thing.
Uhh nope homeboy. Banned you cannot access your account. Disabled you cannot access some sections or send PM's

b1oodyh3ll
11-09-2008, 04:26 AM
banned and disabled refer to the same thing in private tracker accounts. you are thinking about something else

Artemis
11-09-2008, 04:42 AM
banned and disabled refer to the same thing in private tracker accounts. you are thinking about something else

:stupid: Little hint there cowboy...........this isnt a private tracker..........:blink:

stoi
11-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Well saying as this is about trading, I was going to make a new thread, but thought i would just put it here.

Do NOT Post Giveaways For Non BT Sites

* Sites such as Joost and similar are NOT BT related.
* DO NOT make giveaway threads for these sites.
* Those posting these may have rep removed.
* You can trade these if a bt site is involved.

Is this rule still in effect, and if it is, what about

Rapidshare giveaways and trades.
Seedbox usage to get into trackers.
sopify or whatever its called.

and to a certain extent, TT seed hours, tbh i have no idea what these are (I can guess, but i am not a member, so do not know exactly how its worked) but that to me seems a real easy way to get a

"Trading Point Rep"

as that is what they are called and have been called for ages now, just hover over the tick on anyones name and it says

add a Trading point rep to username

which is the reason I stopped showing mine, I thought naively they were just for your help on the site, but you can only get them in the invite forums (even though i have some for posts in other sections, the member just has to go and find a post of mine in the invite forum and does it that way), and I have never traded in my life (i have nothing to trade for a start lol). So i stoppped showing mine, tbh i have never looked at them for about a year so i dont have a clue how many i have.

anyway, back to my point, are those allowed, and if they are allowed surely the wording of the rule needs to be changed, because they have nothing at all to do with a BT site, apart from TT Seed hours, but then that has nothing to so with Invites so.......

Detale
11-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Good point Stoi. I'm not sure on the symantics of the rule we're goingto have to wait for a higher up to comment

Detale
12-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Thought it was time to bump this one. Again guys please use some common sense when trading. If the ask you to go right into MSN something is fishy, if they refuse to use a middleman something is fishy. In general if it smells bad in ANY way don't eat it, know what I mean?.

@ Stoi I forgot all about you there sorry. After New year Ill get it sorted K bud?

Detale
01-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Just wanted to bring this up front again guys.