PDA

View Full Version : Sct vs FTN

addiction
10-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi,

I just wonder if FTN is that good?
Do you know if I have any chance to get an invite there?

I'm curious to have your opinion on this subject :happy:

Rikikii
10-28-2008, 06:34 PM
ScT!!1 Pre times, speeds, community. All what bt tracker can wish.

Animal
10-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I have an account on both - they are basically the same when it comes to pretime, speed (seedboxes) and such. But I have to say ScT takes the cake due to their larger amount of selection. FTN doesn't upload everything, ScT on the other hand uploads nearly everything. So that is my answer... ScT > FTN.

And btw, FTN as of recently has become a little more friendly with handing out invites (no I don't have any so don't ask). Here is a couple news posts from them:

2008-10-20
Wow, you guys have definitely stepped up and shown your support after that last news post.
I just want to thank those of you who have supported us in the past, as well as those of you who have done so this month.
We're on a good roll so far, keep the support coming. If we can keep this up this month, and from now on.. There will be some new portions of the site opening up that I know will be popular. Not only that, but every other part of this site can be improved including retention, pretimes, speed..

As always, thank you seeders and everyone who supports this site in some way or another. It's time we kick this place up a notch and use our resources to their full potential. You guys are our #1 priority, and we really want to prove that to you. Lets bring this community back together, and take this site to new levels. We have the best users in the torrent community here as well as the best staff I could ever ask for. I don't want to see all of this hard work and potential fade away.

So, to add a bit of fuel to our beautiful flame I introduce our first invite competition. You can check it out here.

Thanks again community.

//staff

2008-10-20
Due to the very small amount of donors so far this month, all who have contributed this month so far will receive an invite shortly if your account isn't invite locked.
Thank you guys for your support.
A competition will start soon which will enable the rest of you to have the opportunity to win an invite.
The drawings/raffle will start next weekend.

The two new portions of this site will remain closed until we have proper funding. But if things continue at this route, we'll have to begin removing portions of this site including the current content boost just to keep the site up.
//staff

addiction
10-28-2008, 06:38 PM
However, on ScT you need a very good connection to keep a good ratio. Is it the same for FTN?

Animal
10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
However, on ScT you need a very good connection to keep a good ratio. Is it the same for FTN?

There are no ratios on FTN

Tokeman
10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
no ratio on FTN, so no. But I disagree, I have no trouble on SCT. Until a few months ago, I only had 80kb/s upload, and 40kb/s before that, and I had no trouble on SCT

addiction
10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
no ratio on FTN, so no. But I disagree, I have no trouble on SCT. Until a few months ago, I only had 80kb/s upload, and 40kb/s before that, and I had no trouble on SCT

Do you do something special or you only let your computer always on seeding what you have just downloaded?

internazionale 1908
10-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Dont have FTN so is difficulty to compare. But the no ratio thing on FTN is better thought.

If people on ScT downloads free packs they will be fine, however they will never appreciate the tracker at their best.

cheers

addiction
10-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I normally use a seedbox to enjoy all release from ScT.

Animal
10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
FTN might have no ratio, but that doesn't necessarily make it a better tracker. You are still expected to seed a certain amount/time and if not you will be banned - quickly. It doesn't mean you can leech all you want and kill torrents after they have finished. I was trying to think of some other reasons why FTN might be better, which I thought about the IRC chat/pre channels. Then I remembered that ScT has those too. So yeah, still ScT>FTN. The ONLY thing that I could find that made FTN better, is less freeloading leechers (yes believe it or not, even without a ratio stat, more people seed than they do leech on there) and the design/interface of the site is cooler.

killercam101
10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
spy vs spy ????

colbert
10-28-2008, 07:28 PM
FTN can't raise enough donations?! ScT doesn't seem to have that problem.

addiction
10-28-2008, 07:30 PM

They probably don't have enough member ;)

Roooney
10-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Really want to know which one of the trackers are the best.

integral
10-28-2008, 07:33 PM

ScT doesn't have that problem since they have over 3x the users that FTN has, and also offer GBs of uploads and invites for donating.

andra
10-28-2008, 07:34 PM

They probably don't have enough member ;)

Or ,maby they not in to that pay to leech system.

Barbapapa
10-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

Look daddy, it's a SCT vs FTN topic. It must be only the fifth or sixth this year.

Maybe it'll be five pages of useless comparison of two totally different trackers again with a little flaming on top.

i'm so exited because I just love the FST same topic rotation.

P.S. Is BCG gone? I can't find the homepage anymore.

makkienator
10-28-2008, 07:51 PM
SCT is better with speed, FTN is better cause it has no ratio, BUT TL is better than both (more files, more leechers/seeders, much easier to keep good ratio...), so get your conclusion.

addiction
10-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

Look daddy, it's a SCT vs FTN topic. It must be only the fifth or sixth this year.

Maybe it'll be five pages of useless comparison of two totally different trackers again with a little flaming on top.

i'm so exited because I just love the FST same topic rotation.

P.S. Is BCG gone? I can't find the homepage anymore.

What do you mean by totally different?

ecug
10-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, FTN has definatly the great packs, and the racio thing is excellent for those who have small upspeeds...
ScT i really dont know cause i dont have an account there...=P

Roooney
10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
SCT is better with speed, FTN is better cause it has no ratio, BUT TL is better than both (more files, more leechers/seeders, much easier to keep good ratio...), so get your conclusion.

Don't have FTN account, so can't speak for them but ScT have 22591 files atm. TL have 15582 right now ;)

Unstable1
10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I prefer ScT over FTN by a long way.

addiction
10-28-2008, 08:13 PM

Don't have FTN account, so can't speak for them but ScT have 22591 files atm. TL have 15582 right now ;)

However, TL is more prone to close since it have a large number of user.

anjelik
10-28-2008, 08:20 PM
I have both,SCT is better.FTN has to increase their user numbers.

lukee
10-28-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm not a member of ftn, but I can say ScT fucking rocks.

flashback3r
10-28-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm not a member of ftn, but I can say ScT fucking rocks.

Yeah, I love sct too :happy:

But I'd like to get to love ftn too if you know what i'm talkin' 'bout?:w00t:

IdolEyes787
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi,

http://www.freeryantoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/down-arrow.gif

Yes.

http://www.write4good.com/images/bangHeadAgainstWall.gif

kukushka
10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
oh rly? torrents: sct 22606, tti 20335, revtt 17502, scc 17207, tl.. hm... 15583
(yes, i know, there's no xxx on tl :)
and packs from sct/scc cannot be compared to tl.

Dithersky
10-28-2008, 08:50 PM
my vote goes for sct because its perfect :P

naikon
10-28-2008, 09:06 PM
yeap, sct is good, but it hard to keep good ratio ( if you have upload less than 512kbps ), also sct has longer lifetime of torrents and more of them ~ 22k, good pre and speeds :) FTN has smaller community, also good pre (sometimes better, sometimes worse pre than sct), less peers and that make the torrents live shorter :P FTN have better staff than SCT cuz they dont ban whole countries when they cant do something with 'cheeterz' and the last thing is that FTN has no ratio and minimum seed time :) but i seed on it 48h + :)

Di@monds
10-28-2008, 09:29 PM
too OP use the fucking search button

RedRansom
10-28-2008, 09:40 PM
oh rly? torrents: sct 22606, tti 20335, revtt 17502, scc 17207, tl.. hm... 15583
(yes, i know, there's no xxx on tl :)
and packs from sct/scc cannot be compared to tl.
and cannot compare the number of members 150k and ~15k or ~20k...
this mean seeder on old stuffs and at least you can find 10 seed on files;)

ajsi
10-28-2008, 09:40 PM
why again?
somebody make that search button red

BlueLabel
10-28-2008, 09:45 PM
why again?
somebody make that search button red
wont help
its happened before and it will happened in the future.
fst have to tag all *VS* thread :frusty::frusty::frusty:

PlayeR
10-29-2008, 02:06 AM
they just love to open new thread. to get attention.
well, at least they get my attention :dabs:

Detale
10-29-2008, 04:16 AM
too OP use the fucking search button

Wow well that's real nice of you, Thanks for being such a kind helpful member here. Ease up a bit, consider this a warning.

To the Op in all honesty there's no simple answer, each have their points. Its a matter of taste really. Both are great sites with great staff.

integral
10-29-2008, 04:43 AM
I see nothing really wrong with the thread.

As time goes on, tracker policy, staff, speeds, etc. all change. Referring to an older thread that has been closed due to flaming or silly useless posts (akin to Di@monds' post) sometimes does not suffice.

A healthy discussion about which tracker is better, minus limp unsupported fanboi statements and the equally lackluster 'ripostes' from other fanbois, is just what this forum needs, especially since the water from the BCG-HelpMePlz tsunami is finally receding.

Presto
10-29-2008, 04:44 AM
yeap, sct is good, but it hard to keep good ratio ( if you have upload less than 512kbps )

Then stop hit'n'running for a second. You might have 64kbps but you can do just fine @ ScT, it's not like it's FTN, where someone might leech from you once in every decade.

ScT doesn't have that problem since they have over 3x the users that FTN has, and also offer GBs of uploads and invites for donating.

ScT also doesn't have that problem, because ScT members give crap about their tracker. FTN is a gathering place for 3,000 inactive FST users, who keep their accounts only to have the bragging rights.

I am seriously looking forward to some actions from FTN's staff. This place has the potential to be something better than just another dry, gray and dull tracker.

Albo Da Kid
10-29-2008, 05:06 AM
ScT ftw!!

apextwin146
10-29-2008, 06:37 AM
ScT ftw!!
care to elaborate on that or were just looking to increase ur post count :dry:
/Like i am doing rite now

Albo Da Kid
10-29-2008, 07:19 AM
ScT ftw!!
care to elaborate on that or were just looking to increase ur post count :dry:
/Like i am doing rite now

No i was just trying to make my point short and simple. Ftn lacks content and its best quality is the non ratio system. Sct has better speeds and better content. Just build a good buffer in Sct and there you go. You have Ftn +1.

Sct takes it by a long shot.

integral
10-29-2008, 07:40 AM
ScT also doesn't have that problem, because ScT members give crap about their tracker. FTN is a gathering place for 3,000 inactive FST users, who keep their accounts only to have the bragging rights.

I am seriously looking forward to some actions from FTN's staff. This place has the potential to be something better than just another dry, gray and dull tracker.

Yes, ScT members "give crap" about their trackers, of course; but a very small amount. It could be said that ScT's userbase is composed 80% auto-downloading robots on a seedbox, 10% people who purchase invites to sell and make a profit from, 5% troll 4chan pedophiles, and that great big 2% of people who "care" about their tracker enough to whisper a complaints about the ancient blue stylesheet, hoping not to get banned. Those percentages overlap, of course.

becomehokage
10-29-2008, 09:33 AM

Yes, ScT members "give crap" about their trackers, of course; but a very small amount. It could be said that ScT's userbase is composed 80% auto-downloading robots on a seedbox, 10% people who purchase invites to sell and make a profit from, 5% troll 4chan pedophiles, and that great big 2% of people who "care" about their tracker enough to whisper a complaints about the ancient blue stylesheet, hoping not to get banned. Those percentages overlap, of course.
Wow...wtf do smthing else dude...

wheeloftime
10-29-2008, 09:47 AM
First off, they are both great trackers.
I use FTN for all my 0-day stuff and it is my first port-of-call for everything else simply because I don't have to worry about ratio.
I could buffer my account at SCT by downloading packs that I will never watch, but with FTN I don't have to.
The speeds are generally good at FTN, but for most stuff I download speed isn't that important anyway as I usually don't watch things straightaway. But on older torrents, if I want them quickly, I will use SCT if the speeds on FTN are slower.
SCT has more torrents.
FTN has less members and so offers greater security.

addiction
10-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Thnaks a lot for all your reply, it help me a lot to understand the difference between the two! Thanks guys

Brandon
10-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Apples and oranges folks. Like comparing an oil company to a non profit company. Obviously the non profit company isn't going to have 10 servers, p2l access on topsites, etc.

sct pays for leech access on topsites
ftn trades and earns credits
sct sells gb/s and invites
ftn relies on it's users to support the site willingly
Apples and oranges..

But to counter the comments about our "community" not caring about the tracker, our donations are passed sct's this month. And to make that even more amazing, 50% of them were given within 2 days.
As I recall (keep in mind this is only what I heard, I won't swear by it so take it with a grain of salt) sct stopped giving invites for donations and people stopped donating, so they brought it back. There are always going to be people who won't (and some just plain cant) spend hard earned money on something without getting something of larger value in return. Especially with todays economy.

Christmas time is when 2 new portions of the site will open, modified overall system, as well as much more in terms of features. Inactive users (fst collectors) are removed on a daily basis and will continue to be. Once you see the new system, this will all be done completely automatically.

As of the moment, I am the ONLY coder/sysop active on FTN. I also am a full time student, have a job, and hang out with friends on a regular basis. The site will be growing at a slower rate until my partner is back to help out.

To the op, as well as anyone else who feels the need to open one of these topics, don't expect anything useful. There will be FTN followers, there will be SCT followers. Everyone is going to have their own personal preference so I suggest you just get on both sites and decide for yourself because they're nothing alike except for being 0day.

SCT is a good site. FTN is a good site. Neither are the same.

(I)
10-29-2008, 01:58 PM

TL has 150k+ since 2006, so I don't think they gonna close (and if I'll be so upset), I guess they are paying money to MPAA :yup:

ajsi
10-29-2008, 02:02 PM

TL has 150k+ since 2006, so I don't think they gonna close (and if I'll be so upset), I guess they are paying money to MPAA :yup:i also think about this sometimes. do you think that bribes are common even in the torrent world? x)

wish
10-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I will have to go with ScT because I have never been in to FTN

ben99
10-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Apples and oranges folks. Like comparing an oil company to a non profit company. Obviously the non profit company isn't going to have 10 servers, p2l access on topsites, etc.

sct pays for leech access on topsites
ftn trades and earns credits
sct sells gb/s and invites
ftn relies on it's users to support the site willingly
Apples and oranges..

But to counter the comments about our "community" not caring about the tracker, our donations are passed sct's this month. And to make that even more amazing, 50% of them were given within 2 days.
As I recall (keep in mind this is only what I heard, I won't swear by it so take it with a grain of salt) sct stopped giving invites for donations and people stopped donating, so they brought it back. There are always going to be people who won't (and some just plain cant) spend hard earned money on something without getting something of larger value in return. Especially with todays economy.

Christmas time is when 2 new portions of the site will open, modified overall system, as well as much more in terms of features. Inactive users (fst collectors) are removed on a daily basis and will continue to be. Once you see the new system, this will all be done completely automatically.

As of the moment, I am the ONLY coder/sysop active on FTN. I also am a full time student, have a job, and hang out with friends on a regular basis. The site will be growing at a slower rate until my partner is back to help out.

To the op, as well as anyone else who feels the need to open one of these topics, don't expect anything useful. There will be FTN followers, there will be SCT followers. Everyone is going to have their own personal preference so I suggest you just get on both sites and decide for yourself because they're nothing alike except for being 0day.

SCT is a good site. FTN is a good site. Neither are the same.

I'm disappointed that you choose fst to tell when the new features will roll out instead of your own site.. Anyways, I can't wait for the new features.

jars
10-29-2008, 03:12 PM
As good as FTN users have it (no ratio system), I can't see it being any better than what SCT users have either (free no pretimed content). Nil all draw in my book. You're still obliged to share at both sites for a period of time.

One more thing, is it just me or does the following 'misconception' stem from what SCT was like 'before' pretimed content was free and the userbase was 10k?
yeap, sct is good, but it hard to keep good ratio ( if you have upload less than 512kbps )Biggest misconception on FST is the above one.

Brandon
10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm disappointed that you choose fst to tell when the new features will roll out instead of your own site.. Anyways, I can't wait for the new features.

Disappointed that I felt it better to surprise the users on site with a few christmas goodies? Just means i care more about FTN than FST.

Tokeman
10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
As good as FTN users have it (no ratio system), I can't see it being any better than what SCT users have either (free no pretimed content). Nil all draw in my book. You're still obliged to share at both sites for a period of time.

"If you were not already aware, there's no 'minimum seeding time' requirement on all torrents. That's not a free license to hit 'n' run. You're not forced to seed to a minimum of 1:1 ratio or for 'x' hours but you're expected to seed for as long as possible. This has been implemented on a trial basis, keeping faith and assuming goodwill on the part of the matured torrent community of FTN. It's up to the members to make or break it."

jars
10-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Ok, thanks, Tokeman. I'm not on FTN so I wasn't sure on the exact 'rule' however in the spirit of sharing I assumed it'd be 'a period of time' and certainly 'no hitting and running' policy.

flashback3r
10-29-2008, 08:10 PM
After reading brandons first post in this thread you really want to be a part of ftn ^^

th0r
10-30-2008, 02:14 AM
while sct is faster with the downloads, it's easier to hang around ftn without their forums feeling like you're in junior fucking high school

ceasar
10-30-2008, 08:18 AM
This song is very good, lets start from beginning..

opepee
10-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Both are good for torrents but sct forums really is 4chan in disguise..

Albo Da Kid
10-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Listen to me guys. I have both and I don't really see a diference... lol no i don't. I wish...

Cradle
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
1. At OP, I find it extremely difficult that you didnt already know the answer to this question. Just the fact that you are on this forum means that you know about private trackers, and if you know about private trackers, you know about these two. And if you didnt know, this topic has been made 100 times with exactly the same posts. Quite frankly this thread wasnt neccessary and I think you owe this forum an apology (not that I expect you'll give one, and please noone quote me and try start an argument because im not going to check this thread again).

2. As Brandon said, apples and oranges. It depends on what you want. Continuing with the metaphors, im going to explain it differently. Its like choosing between becoming a doctor or an investment banker. Doctors get to help people, they get to feel good about what they are doing but at the end of the day, the investment bankers earn the big bucks and drive the nice cars. Depends on whats more important to you. In this metaphor FTN is the doctor and SCT is the investment banker, and NO the money isnt a reference to P2L.

The point im making is, FTN has two redeeming qualities, the community and the no ratio system. Personally, I dont need nor care about either (no offense to anyone). Whereas SCT has the speeds and pres. Content is irrelevent, if you are in these trackers then theres a 99% chance you are in a bunch of other trackers and if you cant find what you need at these two sites you will elsewhere. But yea it depends what you look for in a tracker, and how hard you find seeding. Like I said, im an SCT man, I go to trackers to seed, leech, and enjoy my pirated hoard, and SCT is the best for that. Each person to their own.

3. Quite frankly, TL is better than both. And again, please note that if you wish to dispute this, remember that I shall not be reading this thread again so dont try argue with me, that being said I have absolutely nothing against healthy debate. My reasons for TL is simple, a) It has everything b) It has everything nicely seeded c) Its just as easy to maintain a ratio as it is at a noratio site. I dont really need the smaller pre times, so I often switch between TL and SCT depending on my situation. Again, each to their own.

4. Lastly I would like to ask the mods to please make a thread titled "Threads NOT TO BE MADE" as a sticky, and in it, contain information such as BCG keyword info, SCT vs FTN, What vs Waffles, and anything else relevant.

peace

Cradle

Skiz
10-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi,

I'm curious to have your opinion on this subject :happy:

If you were really that curious, you would have done a search and found threads with the exact same title numerous times.

Totti
10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
i think this should be stickied or faqed , that way we won't have this same question appearing every other week or so.....

kelfa
10-31-2008, 12:37 AM
FTN is a great site, and so is SCT. FTN is awesome if you have slow upload speed and are not a seedboxer. You can grab everything that you want with no restrictions and just keep them seeding for a little while even if you dont up crap your ok in a day.

hitman51
10-31-2008, 01:24 AM

nah i got a 5 mbit up connection...and i maintain a great ratio :)

PunX
10-31-2008, 09:50 AM
sct wins / end of topic

salah
10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
Lol. I could not resist to post in this thread.
ScT = Speed - Pre - Community
FTN = Utter overrated noob site.

And now, those people who said TL "rocks". ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING? It's the most pathetic pay-to-leech site on the net. Have you ever notice for example xbox360 uploads? From 300 comments, 250 is something like this -> "is this region free?" , I mean SERIOUSLY, those fucktards can't read a fucking nfo, and the site "rocks". Great peers? Lol. There might be 3,000 seeders for a movie, but the peers are some noobish people with slow connections. And maybe 5-10 seedboxes in whole swarm. Then there is this steve20 dude, he blatantly stole far cry 2 clonedvd from demonoid and tagged it as TL. When I started complaining and telling him what a douchebag he is, I got warned. Now, couple days ago, there is this uploader "sataya" or something. Basically the guy steals uploads from SCC, and doesn't even bother to remove the comment "SCC" in torrent description, Lmfao. All those piece of shit VIP's they have, ratio was low as 0.0001. And they only excuse is, either, "Im vip", or, "i got slow connection" <- yea right, slow connection? How did you manage to download 15TB with your slow connection in 20weeks?

End of rant. And I couldn't care less if I get warning for that. I only told the truth.

PlayeR
10-31-2008, 11:25 AM
mmmm..ok I get what you mean.
I dont like TL staffs either. they arent helpful at all. but TL's content and speed are great. that's why I like TL.
and For FTN, be it overrated or not. it does not matter. it is a good site.
and you cant really compare these two trackera (FTN and ScT) like Brandon said

Enzo
10-31-2008, 11:58 AM
They are great sites both.. Great speeds and great community.. SCT have more content that FTN is true..

Dithersky
10-31-2008, 11:59 AM
ftn is not overrated because freeleech all year long is pricelles for all those with slow connection :cool:

wheeloftime
10-31-2008, 12:07 PM

One more thing, is it just me or does the following 'misconception' stem from what SCT was like 'before' pretimed content was free and the userbase was 10k?
yeap, sct is good, but it hard to keep good ratio ( if you have upload less than 512kbps )Biggest misconception on FST is the above one.

Supposing I download a 350mb 0-day torrent (ie Heroes) on SCT. I don't have a fast enough connection to seed much back while there are still leechers on the torrent. Therefore, in order for me to get that torrent from SCT I have to buffer my account. To do this I download say 350mb of a freeleech pack that I will never watch. Then I seed back 350mb of that pack to other site users who are probably doing the same thing I am and so will never watch it either. As far as my ISP is concerned I have used over a gig of my monthly cap to get that 350mb torrent from SCT. Same torrent at FTN would use up 350mb.

Enzo
10-31-2008, 12:11 PM
ftn is not overrated because freeleech all year long is pricelles for all those with slow connection :cool:

I agree with this one.. Freeleech and no minimum seed requirement is priceless..

jars
10-31-2008, 02:24 PM

One more thing, is it just me or does the following 'misconception' stem from what SCT was like 'before' pretimed content was free and the userbase was 10k? Biggest misconception on FST is the above one.

Supposing I download a 350mb 0-day torrent (ie Heroes) on SCT. I don't have a fast enough connection to seed much back while there are still leechers on the torrent. Therefore, in order for me to get that torrent from SCT I have to buffer my account. To do this I download say 350mb of a freeleech pack that I will never watch. Then I seed back 350mb of that pack to other site users who are probably doing the same thing I am and so will never watch it either. As far as my ISP is concerned I have used over a gig of my monthly cap to get that 350mb torrent from SCT. Same torrent at FTN would use up 350mb.So shouldn't you be saying "yeap, sct is good, but it hard to keep good ratio (if you have a capped upload form your ISP)

(I)
10-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Lol. I could not resist to post in this thread.
ScT = Speed - Pre - Community
FTN = Utter overrated noob site.

And now, those people who said TL "rocks". ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING? It's the most pathetic pay-to-leech site on the net. Have you ever notice for example xbox360 uploads? From 300 comments, 250 is something like this -> "is this region free?" , I mean SERIOUSLY, those fucktards can't read a fucking nfo, and the site "rocks". Great peers? Lol. There might be 3,000 seeders for a movie, but the peers are some noobish people with slow connections. And maybe 5-10 seedboxes in whole swarm. Then there is this steve20 dude, he blatantly stole far cry 2 clonedvd from demonoid and tagged it as TL. When I started complaining and telling him what a douchebag he is, I got warned. Now, couple days ago, there is this uploader "sataya" or something. Basically the guy steals uploads from SCC, and doesn't even bother to remove the comment "SCC" in torrent description, Lmfao. All those piece of shit VIP's they have, ratio was low as 0.0001. And they only excuse is, either, "Im vip", or, "i got slow connection" <- yea right, slow connection? How did you manage to download 15TB with your slow connection in 20weeks?

End of rant. And I couldn't care less if I get warning for that. I only told the truth.

Being p2l didn't mean it doesn't rock
All TL torrents maxes up ur connection and that what the good torrent tracker should offer, if u think we must think TL is a shit just cuz u've a warning there, then :noes:

wheeloftime
10-31-2008, 02:37 PM
So shouldn't you be saying "yeap, sct is good, but it hard to keep good ratio (if you have a capped upload form your ISP)
I've already said earlier in this thread that I think SCT is a great site.

You said that you couldn't see (ratio free) FTN being any better than what users get at SCT (free-leech on packs). I was pointing out that for those who are worried about the amount of gigs they use, free-leech on certain torrents is not the same as a ratio free tracker.

My ISP has a cap but doesn't seem to enforce it or at least they haven't up until now, but if I have a choice between using a site where I can get a torrent using 350mb or one where it takes 1gig to get the same file then I will download from the first site.

iMiKE
10-31-2008, 03:03 PM
ScT...FTN....maybe, someone have an invite to?
my home upload speed - 100Mbits
Ratio on TL - Ratio: 20.987 Uploaded: 922.11 GB Downloaded: 43.94 GB

Is it enough to get an invite?)

jars
10-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Fair enough, wheeloftime, I didn't even realise you were addressing my "they're basically the same" point. I thought you were merely reclasifying comments that "SCT is a tracker that is an insanely hard tracker to seed on" by adding the 'capping' justification.

On your point that if you were to have a choice between using a site where I you could get a torrent using 350mb or one where it takes 1gig to get the same file then you'd download from the first site, well damn right but with 14000 of SCT's 19000 users being PU above, it's probably a rarity more than anything. SCT seem to give out GBs like Christmas presents on Elmo's Christmas Wish. And then there's the 350mb files being only 262mb as well making it, IMO, not the traumatic seedbox frenzied slow connection slaying site that gets portrayed around here all too often; hell, even at 60kbs up, I can hit Heroes' 262 within 12 hours. Interesting discussion though. Still, I like getting grabbing something a few days late and know it'll take a few minutes to dload due to all the seedboxes obliged to seed to 72 hours and if I wanted it for free, I'd go to FSC. SCT is torrenting on speed.

Artemis
10-31-2008, 06:52 PM

Wow your own 100mbits line............

http://i37.tinypic.com/35l5215.jpg

IdolEyes787
10-31-2008, 07:14 PM

Wow your own 100mbits T3 line............

http://i37.tinypic.com/35l5215.jpg

Actually the colossal dick part is pretty accurate.

Every time I see such a large buffer I don't think "wow that guy's got great speed" instead the first thing that comes to mind is that guy a bad member.

( I'll admit I am not immune to such stupidity myself.It's an ongoing process of learning to be less selfish)

LRm
10-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Sct...

Feeling
11-01-2008, 03:12 AM
How can ScT and FTN be different things? They are both torrentsites that offer the latest releases to their members.

Also, Doctors have nice cars btw.

kukushka
11-01-2008, 09:05 AM
How can ScT and FTN be different things?
they're quite different actually :)
never heard of something inpolite from FTN staff to its users.. maximum - complaints from one of the guy that helped them with graphics about his invites being stripped without explanation from B. or the other strange thing that i heard from their ex-staff (hey, S.) :)
as for ScT - recently one of the good (i mean, really trusted persons - a lot, lot of people can vouch for him) members got disabled at your site and when he tried to resolve the problem on irc, the attitude was quite rude to him, guy that he tried to talked to didn't even listened to him...

"<&Massacre> No, he's not in mood of helping you"
the problem apparently was

"they said cheating
client change triggered the script
it is automatic"

Feeling
11-01-2008, 09:23 AM
How can ScT and FTN be different things?
said some shit

"okay then" :rolleyes:

Di@monds
11-01-2008, 10:59 AM
xD

Presto
11-01-2008, 01:05 PM
.. lawl ..

integral
11-19-2008, 08:43 PM
said some shit

you've impressed me. want to be a trial racer? :rolleyes:

:shifty:

yayyyyyy
11-19-2008, 09:07 PM
ScT rules them all :P

Ghost
11-20-2008, 12:44 AM
ScT rules

lukee
11-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Ive never used FTN so i can only vouch for ScT on this one.

Sortie
11-20-2008, 01:03 AM
FTN claims that they will give invites to donor,I am still waiting.But this tracker really sucks.SCT is far better.

cinephilia
11-20-2008, 03:24 AM
FTN claims that they will give invites to donor,I am still waiting.But this tracker really sucks.SCT is far better.
So how come you have donated ? Why hopping an invite since you don't like the tracker ? :huh:

Kyl3KK
11-20-2008, 03:27 AM
Oh look. Another one of these threads. btw hi Feeling.

And Brandon if he's here too, I didn't read the whole thing.

Albo Da Kid
11-20-2008, 04:14 AM
I didn't know this was a shoutout thread.

....Hi, I want to give a shot out to anyone with a big e-dik. Keep growing

Cabalo
11-20-2008, 05:09 AM

dying to make that invite show up the next day, here at the trade section and get something nice for it, huh ? :naughty:

:whistling

colombianino
11-20-2008, 05:10 PM
i think this should be stickied or faqed , that way we won't have this same question appearing every other week or so.....

maybe but that type of threads can't and won't go for either side, so instead of a helpful thread we will have people spamming of how sct has an outstanding speed and how FTN's community is closer than your family, oh and the thread will be 83 years old and will have to be cleaned up regularly due to the 100 posts a day.

sheriff 01
11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I am at SCT and have been very impressed with the speed and content but as for FTN i really have no idea because i am not there. Hopefully some day i will be there to see first hand what it is like instead of going by the information given to me. I here many pro's and con's of FTN but as i have said i hope someday i will get the chance to find out.

wiseD
11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
http://lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

Unstable1
11-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I prefer ScT.