PDA

View Full Version : Kimsufi policy changes (SLA/noSLA)

kovacsj
10-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi!

I've heared that OVH is changing its SLA policy, and want to know how this gonna affect my Kimsufi serer I have.
My average daily transfered data is ~ 300gb, which is nowhere near extreme usage, but from what I've heared there will be a 10Mbit cap for SLA bw which will be obviously exceeded. So if OVH is going to put Kimsufis over this limit to noSLA mode where speed is capped to 1MB/sec I'm definitely not interested in keeping my server after this month is over.

Can someone verify what these changes exactly are, or is anyone (below the previous 100MBit/sec average limit) having already speed problems with being put in noSLA?

apextwin146
10-30-2008, 09:59 AM
One of the members here pointed me to the OVH forums .. I think u should visit them to get a clearer picture about this .. AFAIK u r put into NoSLA mode only if u average 10mbps continously for 24 Hrs ..

Neoworld
10-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah its not looking good.

And Oles doesn't care as he states 200 servers are rented every day. (That is until those customers find there speeds shit and word spreads as it is starting to).

Only internal traffic is not capped which is good for now as alot of people have Kimmi's but for how long?

I believe now that only OVH servers (not Kimis) are exempt, but the policy changes all the time so who knows.

Guess we will find out over the upcoming weeks if things get worse.

I guess leaseweb (not unlimited) and hosting-ie (unlimited but charge like a wounded bull) should see there customer base expand.

apextwin146
10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
I believe now that only OVH servers (not Kimis) are exempt, but the policy changes all the time so who knows.
What do yyou mean by this ? :unsure: ..
Is it stated somewhere that servers apart from kim are not under this rule?

Neoworld
10-30-2008, 10:56 AM
What do yyou mean by this ? :unsure: ..
Is it stated somewhere that servers apart from kim are not under this rule?

- If the customer uses bandwidth intensively and / or permanently, it is switched to "SLA Standard noBurstable" guarantee 10Mbps, not burstable.
Note:
Generally speaking, we do not want to give more guarantees for Kimsufi offers. Either the customer is an individual and does not need these guarantees or he is a PRO and he has to switch to PRO offers that have all necessary guarantees.

- PRO, default is "SLA Premium": the guaranteed bandwidth of 100Mbps, not burstable.

apextwin146
10-30-2008, 11:05 AM
So is 100Mbps, not burstable better ?( As in SLA Premium)

kovacsj
10-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Ok, so I'd better cancel my subscription if 1MB/s speed is not enough for me, right? OVH Superplan BestOf is just way too expensive for me, think I will be fine without a server for some time :)

edit: 100MBit non-burstable is fixed 100Mbit without limitations.

Seedright
10-30-2008, 02:20 PM
You can share this servers among some people (2 or 3 users), and you will have always guaranteed 100Mbps (SLA Premium)

Seedright.

pplush259
10-30-2008, 06:47 PM
yes in OVH range, 100mbps is 24/7, even if u use 11MB per sec all day long, no caps whatsoever , so if one wants a OVH for long term from uk, then tomo is the last day for their free setup offer i believe. A nice 50Sterling discount..

Neoworld
10-31-2008, 04:59 AM
From oles in the forum in response to the 1mbit upload cap-

You have a kimsufi. rsk08xxl, renewed 2 oct. paid 46

http://www.kimsufi.co.uk (http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/)
100 Mbps (not always guaranteed SLA standard network)
Your burst is limited to 10Mbps because 95th Output is 42.5 Mb/s.
You want to use all the time 100Mbps and we don't propose it
on Kimsufi. On Kimsufi your have a burst 100Mbps that you can
use for free during 5% of month (36 hours). Not all the time.
On PRO yes you can use it all the time. Not on Kimsufi.

pplush259
10-31-2008, 05:11 AM
dude, wat wud a 10mb upload be for ur purposes?? Nothing, so no cheap ice creams from kimis, want premium quality, pay more, thats what they propose , tbh, no one comes close to their offer of 50sterling for the kind of hardware they give with sp mini and 100mbps always on..

MrBuddyX
11-02-2008, 11:07 AM
hey everyone I have ovh..but i have to buy directly thru a reseller which is seedhost.eu.. anyways I see you guys talking about the PRO servers and I am thinking aobut upgrading.. Currently I have the play or start server.. I just have the basic 45euros a month package.. the kimsufi.. anyways If i upgrade IS this 100mbit connection burstable or non burstable.. i really dont understand all of it completely this SLA stuff and all of it really..lol..

The package i have now froms eedhost.eu..is the one where they will limit your speed to 10mbps if you go over what?? I dont understand the email I received?

If you could help explain it to me I would appreciate it.. Also if i upgrade to the PRO server.. am i guarantedd 100MBIT line no matter what.. i can MAX it all day long if i want with no problems.. would this be a 100MBIT line non burstable then??

Also i dont know if to stay with ovh thru seedhost.eu or switch to hosting-ie who offer a Gbitlink with unmetered bandwidth.. the setup FEE kills you but for what i am going to pay to upgrade to the pro it would be about the same or close emough.. So i DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

i still have a leaseweb for 2mo w/ a 2TB/mo limit.. so I prob will jsut use this until I DECIDE what to do and who to go with.. My seedhost expires on the 8th of Nov.!! Should I just stay with what I got.. The basic package for 45euros a month.. I have a 20/20 fios line at home so it would be dumb to pay all this $$ for a line at 10mbps if that is going to be the case in deed.. Any help comments or feedback would be GREATLY appreciated... thanks alot guys...

pplush259
11-02-2008, 12:43 PM
seedhost says" if u r a heavy user, u stand a chance of being put in no SLA, i.e 10mbps upload cap to non ovh, else if u want full 100mbps 24/7, they have a new range , i.e ovh premium range which is expensive but ensures premium bandwidth with no throttling.

cheers

apextwin146
11-02-2008, 12:48 PM
shudnt ppl go for keyweb/Hosting-IE instead of Premium range ..

pplush259
11-02-2008, 12:50 PM
its the same, hosting ie is 49e plus 69 setup, ovh is 49 e setup 49e monthly with 500gb hdd and dual processor, hosting ie is only single processor for same price. max trackers r with ovh boxes so 100mbps is easy on them , not sure if 100mbps possible with hosting ie..

kelfa
11-06-2008, 04:54 AM
I have a 20/20 fios line at home so it would be dumb to pay all this $$ for a line at 10mbps if that is going to be the case in deed.. Any help comments or feedback would be GREATLY appreciated... thanks alot guys...

With that internet, why would you even need a server. Most people would love to have 20/20. It would be very easy to maintain ratios and have ample buffer.

Raban
11-06-2008, 05:58 AM
My average daily transfered data is ~ 300gb, which is nowhere near extreme usage,

uhm... are you fucking craZy ???? 9 TB a month and you don't think thats extreme ???

to correct you YES that is extreme and obviously they should be capping your BW probably good to limit you to ONE mbit cause you're an abuser...

bt234
11-06-2008, 02:29 PM
My average daily transfered data is ~ 300gb, which is nowhere near extreme usage,

uhm... are you fucking craZy ???? 9 TB a month and you don't think thats extreme ???

to correct you YES that is extreme and obviously they should be capping your BW probably good to limit you to ONE mbit cause you're an abuser...

Damn straight. People wanted too much out of cheap kimsufi boxes, and the greedy seeders killed the fun. I saw this coming because all the peers in most of my sites are ovh. I use seedboxes and did a couple of TB a month, 2-3TB maybe.

Oh well, party's OVHer.

andra
11-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Damn straight. People wanted too much out of cheap kimsufi boxes, and the greedy seeders killed the fun. I saw this coming because all the peers in most of my sites are ovh. I use seedboxes and did a couple of TB a month, 2-3TB maybe.

Oh well, party's OVHer.

I´m doing rss on one site right now with my kimsufi.
120 active torrents and never under 5MB/s up.
Still not noLSA here.

kfedka
11-06-2008, 06:06 PM

Oh well, party's OVHer.

Still not noLSA here.

What Kimsufi are you running that many torrents off of?

andra
11-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Still not noLSA here.

What Kimsufi are you running that many torrents off of?

The smallest one 1 gb ram.

Not all active but still around 20 torrents active.

http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ovhra6.jpg

kovacsj
11-07-2008, 12:57 PM
man, this means you are running only 20 torrents. the other 81 is not runnnig :)
anyway, you can easily run 100+ torrents with rtorrent on kimsufi L. just dont leech many at the same time, that kills the resources.

colbert
11-10-2008, 03:27 AM
It looks like only the "Pro" range will be decent for use of a seedbox. Too bad, but the party had to end sometime.

pplush259
11-11-2008, 05:25 AM
we should be expecting a new limited bandwidth plan in kimsufi or ovh soon as per ovh forum.. May be 1-2TB data, not sure, the site should be updated soon

Kuttichan
11-11-2008, 06:05 AM
we should be expecting a new limited bandwidth plan in kimsufi or ovh soon as per ovh forum.. May be 1-2TB data, not sure, the site should be updated soon
where does that says in the forum? could you please post the link?

pplush259
11-11-2008, 06:50 AM
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1132&page=2

The UK, NL, DE market have 2-3 years of delay with what we did in France.
A new UK's customer is looking for GB/mo. And we don't have any GB/mo
limit. So he doesn't trust Ovh. "Hmmm no GB/mo ? It has to be something
strange". That is why we will propose the new "old offers" just to be
compared to all our competitors. So you will be able to compare and say
"Ovh's GB/mo offer is great". And when you check the "SLA Standard offer"
you will say "SLA Standard gives me more for the same price, there is no
competitor for this offer, but it's 'get more for the same price' and I
like it".

n the UK/ ES / PL / DE / IT subsidiaries , we will propose 4 bandwidth offers. Historically speaking, we have exported in our subsidiaries, our French principle of a dedicated server with a bill that does not change depending on server utilization during the month. This means that depending on the network use and not to charge the customer, we adapt network quality for each client. Thus the client has an invoice without any surprises at the end of each month regardless of the use of his server. The quality of the network is only a consequence of what he is willing to pay and the actual use of its server. The principle of the bill without surprise is the basis of our success in Europe. This principle is very expensive for our customers in France as much as in our subsidaries some customers don't understand the pros for such a functionning or/and want to pay what they actually consume and do not understand why they do not pay more when they consume more. And they are struggling to trust Ovh. For example, our German customers are surprised not to find on our site prices for additional GB. Our English customers read only 100Mbps without the "not always guaranteed SLA standard network". And our Polish customers order each PRO server with a different address to get 100Mbps / server and not 100Mbps / customer (and then we detect this kind of abuse, we adapt the network quality to the project and the customer is not happy, because he uses 1Gbps of bandwidth with 12 servers and he finds it normal). That is why we will propose this week and only for our subsidiaries, 4 different "sets" of servers:- Traffic series (with the principle of GB / month and the price of additional GB)
- Burstable series (with the burst and a 95% limit)
- Standard / Premium Series (what we currently offer, without 100Mbps / customer)
- Unmetered series (100Mbps / up to 500Mbps / server)
It will be much clearer, more readable and more comparable. And customers who wish to have the principle of the bill without suprises, we also be able to find happiness in Ovh.

The deployment of the network in Warsaw will be completed in about 2 weeks. Routers are there, but fiber optics are not yet pulled. We will interconnect to PL-IX, WIX and we are negotiating 10G transit in Warsaw to sell traffic to TPSA directly via our network. Thus, we will be able to guarantee the network quality and the best response time for Polish visitors, as we have done with German visitors (we have10G with T-Systems in Frankfurt) Spanish visitors (we have 10G with Level3 in Madrid), with English visitors (we have 10G with Global Crossing in London) and Dutch visitors (we have 10G with Level3 in Amsterdam). Thus, we can better guarantee the quality of connecting to our network to all visitors from Europe. For 3 days, we are interconnected in 10G in PAIX in New York. The aim is to negotiate peerings with operators in the U.S.. ChtiX will start in about 3 weeks. We are in the last line of deployment.

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://forum.ovh.co.uk/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=9922)