PDA

View Full Version : How often are Freeleeches on What?

ukgenius
11-01-2008, 01:14 PM
As the title says I am wondering how often What holds freeleeches. I know there was a whole weekend one a while ago with the upload contest, but that is the first full site one I have seen, so I am wondering how often there are full site freeleeches?

And also do they hold freeleeches on special occasions? I know they have a 6 hour freeleech on new uploads to celebrate their birthday, but by that I mean like Christmas, Easter etc.?

vobilli
11-01-2008, 01:38 PM
From what I've seen they usually have them on a few major holidays, tho some have been random What events. I'm expecting the next one to be for Christmas, possibly New Years, then we probably won't see one again for some time. They've said their freeleeches would be pretty rare.

tX
11-01-2008, 01:41 PM
There was FL at christmas last year, and then there was that last one, might have been one in between, don't remember...

ukgenius
11-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Hopefully there is one this christmas too.
And even better, on this christmas and another between now and then.

newyork
11-01-2008, 08:00 PM
All new torrents are freeleech for six hours.

gan.nez
11-01-2008, 11:27 PM
All new torrents are freeleech for six hours.
no way!!! for real??? had no idea :frusty:

ukgenius
11-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Yep I have increased my upload by a fair bit so far. And how did you not know? It says on their main page!

Skiz
11-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Yep I have increased my upload by a fair bit so far. And how did you not know? It says on their main page!

I set my bookmarks to go directly to the "Browse" page for any tracker sites sites I have. The "News" doesn't interest me. Surely there are others who do this as well.

TheGood
11-02-2008, 06:42 PM
There was FL at christmas last year, and then there was that last one, might have been one in between, don't remember...

xmas? no i don't think so. the userbase didn't meet the requirements. (up a certain number of torrents)

I set my bookmarks to go directly to the "Browse" page for any tracker sites sites I have. The "News" doesn't interest me. Surely there are others who do this as well.

i do that too.

wtfyousaydog
11-03-2008, 04:07 AM
I've been there about 8 months or so, and they've had 2 free leeches. One for Flac, and one for MP3. Aside from that, several times they've done a free for the first 6 hours.

integral
11-03-2008, 04:33 AM

A lot of people do it, but it doesn't hurt to check out the news once in a while; I think the BCG incident proved that..

RD22S
11-04-2008, 02:40 PM
been a member for about 4 months, there was FL when their last contest ended (upload as many unique albums... which was a great succes) and the six hour FL on new torrents. Haven't seen any other FL in those 4 months.

obiwan11
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I believe they usually have freeleech on holidays (6 hours) the others I think they might do once a year,

athenaesword
11-08-2008, 01:01 PM
over the course of the year they've definitley had quite a few fls...right now i don't bother though. i just download whenever i feel like it cus i've got a comfortable ratio.