PDA

View Full Version : Problem with µTorrent

sake
11-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Hello!

How could I download one and the same torrent from two and more different trackers at the same time? My download program is µTorrent.

I know that i should import the second tracker with "Add Tracker" but nothing positively happens. What should i do?

integral
11-01-2008, 03:57 PM
You cannot do that.

sake
11-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Are you sure?

I thought that this is possible ... so i am wrong. Sorry about the question.

invite420
11-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Goto utorrent, select FILES select half the files, right click and normal, or dont download
repeat for 2nd torrent selecting opposite files

2 torrents downloading same file

sake
11-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Goto utorrent, select FILES select half the files, right click and normal, or dont download

No no, i want to have one torrent in the program, and with this torrent to download from 2 different locations one and the same movie for example.

The main idea is to download faster from different peers, because now i am downloading one file - 26GB very slow, and from the first, and from the second place. And i thought that my idea is possible not only in theory :)

integral
11-01-2008, 04:28 PM

No no, i want to have one torrent in the program, and with this torrent to download from 2 different locations one and the same movie for example.

The main idea is to download faster from different peers, because now i am downloading one file - 26GB very slow, and from the first, and from the second place. And i thought that my idea is possible not only in theory :)

It is not possible at all, unless you want to get banned from each tracker. You will end up reporting stats badly, so you should forget your dream while you are still ahead.

sake
11-01-2008, 04:32 PM

It is not possible at all, unless you want to get banned from each tracker. You will end up reporting stats badly, so you should forget your dream while you are still ahead.

Of course i don`t want that. Thank you for telling me this. I didn`t know that it is forbidden at all.

Best Regards,

Sake

Torn
11-02-2008, 04:06 AM
just make a duplicate of the file, on your hard drive, and change one small thing on the duplicate file. EX. Original file - Tropic.Thunder.2008.Elite Change the duplicate to - Tropic.Thunder.2008-Elite Then you'll be able to upload the same files to a different site.

PlayeR
11-02-2008, 04:33 AM
@torn that's not what he want
re-read his post. he wanted to download 1 same files using two tracker

anoneemuse
11-02-2008, 04:45 AM
try adding two announce url (from 2 sites obviously) and see what happens

MoltenTesserac
11-02-2008, 06:39 AM

and he will get banned quite quickly. It messes with your stats on both sites.

and plus. most torrent sites upload their own torrents, so the client would get a "torrent not registered on tracker".

TakeMS
11-02-2008, 07:06 AM
so is no good doin that way stuff ?

anoneemuse
11-02-2008, 07:42 AM

and plus. most torrent sites upload their own torrents, so the client would get a "torrent not registered on tracker".

it works with public trackers anyway :unsure:

sake
11-02-2008, 08:20 AM

Nothing happens ... one of the trackers is not working.

"torrent not registered on tracker"

That is right. That is what just happens everytime.

s_player
11-02-2008, 08:23 AM
If you are trying to download folder with several files, you can download this files from different trackers separately
For example, you download folder with 2 files - fileA and fileB, so you get 2 torrent files from 2 trackers, specify the same destination directory for both and then in first torrent set to download only fileA and in second to download only fileB
There is nothing wrong with it

integral
11-02-2008, 08:26 AM

Not to boast or anything but you should have given up on this thread after my post, no offense. It's a decent concept, but it just does not work in any way whatsoever, and it can backfire on you if you keep messing with things like that. I don't mean to be blunt, but I think you are honest enough and I wouldn't want you to go and get banned for a stupid reason due to some crackpot's advice in this thread.

sake
11-02-2008, 08:35 AM

Not to boast or anything but you should have given up on this thread after my post, no offense. It's a decent concept, but it just does not work in any way whatsoever, and it can backfire on you if you keep messing with things like that. I don't mean to be blunt, but I think you are honest enough and I wouldn't want you to go and get banned for a stupid reason due to some crackpot's advice in this thread.

No no ... really i had already given up but when i opened my thread today i saw that more people have answered to my question and i wanted just to explain everything. When you told me that there is such a risk for me to get banned i really gave up.

Thank you for the idvice, i am really appreciating it. Thank you my friend!

I am thanking and to all other members of this amazing forum who wanted to help me and who answered to my questin. Have a nice day to all of you.

Albo Da Kid
11-02-2008, 11:15 AM
I tinhk you can download one torrent from two sites at the same time and seed what you have downloaded from one to the other at the same time. There's no risk involved.