PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! OVH CAPS NOW!! HOST-IE or UPGRADE??

MrBuddyX
11-02-2008, 10:51 AM
i currently have a leaseweb server and seedhostserver.. i got 2 mo left on leaseweb.. i get 2 TB limit/mo.. thats is the reson i went with OVH reseller seedhost in order to get unmetered.. but as u are aware they are starting to cap their speeds for ppl MAXing out the line.. My ? for all of you is WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!! I was thinking about upgrading to the PRO server.. it is 50 euro to setup + 85 euros per mo.. it includes 2GB RAM, 100MBPS link GUARANTEED!!, 2x 500GB HDD.. this is what I was thinking about doing until I read a post on here about host-ie and the Gbit..

Now i was looking at the servers for host-ie.. not VPS!! i need a DEDI all to myself.. anyways i am curious about this Gbit connection as well as wandering what was a 2x100MBPS connection?? I seen it on one of their deals.. I was jsut wandering for the $$ I was going to pay for the upgrade at seedhost if it would be BETTER for me just to switch to host-ie and get a Gbit.. I would just get linux if the RAM was low.. So I could do with a 1GB RAM box.. Thats what i got now and it seems to work fine for uT web gui..I would install wine - and the uT with web gui.. But anyways looking at the prices their I see they have real high SETUP FEES which really sucks!! but after that monthly price seems decent.. Is it better to go with the Gbit link or even a 100Mbit link is good.. I mean it is fine for me now.. Also is host-ie TRULT UNMETERED and UNLIMITED.. they dont cap at all?? Well if anyone can help me out and deciding what to get I would REALLY appreciate it.. like I said my budget is around 80 euros a month give or take and if i have to bit the setup FEE fine... ANY feedback at all WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! THANKS!!

The ? for me is it worth to pay that extra $$ for that Gbit link and is it worth it?? Also with a Gbit link I am sure ur bandwidth would be ridiculous.. Are you sure that hosting-ie doesnt care how much you put out? thanks for all your help guys...

pplush259
11-02-2008, 12:48 PM
yes hosting ie is unmetered till 15-18tB, above that they may think about capping but ive not heard anything from any user using. The best peering is of Leaseweb without a doubt, but even ovh/hosting ie r nice.

i heard about a new host server.lu/dedicated-overview , 49e setup, 49e a month, 100mbps unlimited. May take this one in near future.

Kuttichan
11-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I would also like to know more about hosting-ie from members, who actually used the service before.

salahnasser
11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
i have ovh gbit
but the best upload speed i got is 8mb
and for the download i got 50mb
and i don't know why?

mr.Dman
11-02-2008, 09:05 PM
i have ovh gbit
and i don't know why?

Are you using windows by chance?

Or do you setup Linux on the box

integral
11-02-2008, 09:12 PM
buy OVH pro server gbit, not kimsufi.

MrBuddyX
11-03-2008, 02:47 AM
well thanks for your post everyone.. Once again i need help on deciding b/t hosting ie or seedhost/ovh..Do u think hosting ie Gbit conenction is worth getting...You said 15-18TB.. that is alot of bandwidht there man.. Does any1 have a Gbit server from hosting ie and what type of speeds do they get on it?? Does any1 have the seedhost pro server and what is their thought on it ?

thanks

Kuttichan
11-03-2008, 03:08 AM
well thanks for your post everyone.. Once again i need help on deciding b/t hosting ie or seedhost/ovh..Do u think hosting ie Gbit conenction is worth getting...You said 15-18TB.. that is alot of bandwidht there man.. Does any1 have a Gbit server from hosting ie and what type of speeds do they get on it?? Does any1 have the seedhost pro server and what is their thought on it ?

thanks
I don't have a pro from seedhost.eu but I had their 45 euro seedbox. Since they guarantee 100mbps for their pro boxes, I don't think there will be any problem in getting that speed. After all, their service and supports are nothing short of excellent.

gotchay
11-03-2008, 03:21 AM
i would recommend going the route of your own dedicated server.

salahnasser
11-03-2008, 10:20 AM
i have ovh gbit
and i don't know why?

Are you using windows by chance?

Or do you setup Linux on the box

i setup ubuntu

TechnoMan80
11-04-2008, 05:28 AM

thanks

I've got capped yesterday :) by hosting-ie
For 30- TB on Gbit Server
they give 100Mbit Plus 1Gbit Upling

I did use 30 TB in about 20 days
so easy to calculate what is the speed avg on them :)

But good news is that I had to pay just 19 euro reinstall and server is back online :))

mr.Dman
11-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Dam that's a lot.
I have a quick question is that a 100 megs down and then 1 gig up?

pplush259
11-04-2008, 07:20 PM
thats a whopping 12MB plus avg on 1gbits, fab.. But how come an os reinstall and back online??/

mr.Dman
11-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Because that's how max lets you keep doing what you do best

bt234
11-04-2008, 09:43 PM

thanks

But good news is that I had to pay just 19 euro reinstall and server is back online :))

It seems that the only reason someone would need this much bandwith is being an uploader of larger files/packs on a really big site. 30TB man? That's insane. Why bother seeding so much?

integral
11-04-2008, 09:47 PM

It seems that the only reason someone would need this much bandwith is being an uploader of larger files/packs on a really big site. 30TB man? That's insane. Why bother seeding so much?

Yeah, I agree. It seems that those pesky overseeders on TL/RevTT etc. have finally done some real damage. :(

revenant
11-05-2008, 11:17 AM

30TB is not a lot with 1Gbit connection, it is even achievable if u fully seed with 100Mbit.

What's their explanation for giving 'guaranteed bandwidth'?
Do they suspend your account first and charge 19euros for reconnection fee?

After all it means if you used 30TB you will be capped down to 100Mbit+ ?

I just placed my order with them, hope I chose the right choice.

andra
11-05-2008, 03:16 PM

30TB is not a lot with 1Gbit connection, it is even achievable if u fully seed with 100Mbit.

What's their explanation for giving 'guaranteed bandwidth'?
Do they suspend your account first and charge 19euros for reconnection fee?

After all it means if you used 30TB you will be capped down to 100Mbit+ ?

I just placed my order with them, hope I chose the right choice.

Its all about the price.

You cant find i cheap server like hosting-ie with gbit that will allow you to push 50+ Tb. They will loose money on you if you do that.

If they lets you use 30Tb for that price its a great deal. No other company can make a better deal.

revenant
11-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Alright, i think it is best to stick with 100Mbit line, and get multiple server for the speed.

It make sense, don't think any host would like you to maximize 1Gbit of bandwidth.
It is 330TB max, too good to be true for a few hundred bucks.

TechnoMan80
11-07-2008, 08:25 PM
revenant (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/revenant-214593)

sure Not

Gbit is cool if you need to use it time to time to do stuff quickly
for example I'm using it to upload stuff to Rapidshare.de
With 100mbit upload to rapid is a pain
with 1 gbit upload happens in about 2-5 secs :)
so I can upload dozens of movies in about a half of hour :)
So it saves me a loot of time
I'm using torrent just to download mostly
the last time I set torrent in 20 days traffic heat 30 TB :) and I've got capped, so had to pay reinstallation fee of 19 euro to get it back :)

but they are still the best,
no one offers better service for underground world like us :))))

Andre

In my experience no one does even 10 TB of outgoing external traffic :)
(not Internal/Network one)

kinder
11-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't really see the correlation between getting capped and having to reinstall the whole system...

Oh well :)

TechnoMan80
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
well keep in mind that you are paying setup fee :)
and if they cap you for good like other provides do you lost all
specially if they cap you in the beginning of the month :))

I hope that helps to understand what is the benefit in paying just 19 euro after using 30 TB of traffic :))

DJDaveX
11-07-2008, 09:57 PM
To be honest, it isn't too hard to not-max-out the 100mbit all the time. I am constantly at 6MB up/6MB down and have no problems - there is not always a need to be at 11/11.

Just my $0.02

I'd go with Host-IE if you want true unlimited

wflux
11-08-2008, 12:07 AM
hi mates, i've got a little question: if i get a kimsufi and i cap myself my torrents speeds to, let's say, 50mbps, will i have problem with ovh? I mean, they limit you even if you use continuosly half the bandwith or not?

viper151
11-08-2008, 12:17 AM
No wflux you will have no problem at all :)

But DJDavex wat are the chances using all the time burstable 100/100 ?? Dont think that is very easy capping your server.. Until you are not having fun a lot by burning alive your server you'll have no problem with kimsufi servers.. Remember that the capping is doing manually by ovh staff.. That means that they may miss you although..

And Tehcnoman set up fee in ovh isn't on servers that can be capped and you can get no setup fee from ovh reseller @ seedplace.eu/.. Only kimsufi can be capped..

TechnoMan80
11-08-2008, 04:12 AM
viper151 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/viper151-170365)

I was talking about hosting-ei

OVH is far enough from that fantastic speeds :)

the only goal of them was using old cheap servers to let clients create an internal network with internal traffic.

NfoGuru
11-08-2008, 10:18 AM
kimsufi doesnt get capped at all!
the new SLA Policy of ovh is just saying that if u use 10MBps constantly as 36 hours, u will get capped. but actually u're not able to maintain the 10MBps all the time, cuz u r using BT, not FTP/HTTP. the speed is unstable. rite? anyway, all my servers dont get capped at all, neither on kimsufi servers nor on the PRO servers.
most of my servers r still hitted 5-9MBps (Bytes) upload speed.
So, I will stick on OVH as before.
and one more thing, the kimsufi server has the Standard SLA, the Pro server has the Premirem SLA, that's the only difference.

PS: now I got one server available now, all software is installed, anyone want it, talk to me on MSN ([email protected])

TechnoMan80
11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
so OVH wend easy way I see :)

they do not cap you they just limit you :)

pplush259
11-09-2008, 05:42 PM
dude, just pick up nice torrents on TL and seed for 2 days with 200gigs up, u see ur SLA going for a toss..

SeedBoxer
11-15-2008, 01:05 AM
you can't follow them :))

they did change packages again

http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/15/48/

what is the story wit upgrade ? any experiences ?

L33cH
11-15-2008, 09:58 AM
i would offer you to try our services,
we offer :
torrentflux with 100mbps gaurnteed in germany here is the specs i can provide :
50gb space 3tb traffic unlimited torrents : 25$
80gb space 4tb traffic unlimited torrents : 35$
120gb space 5tb traffic unlimited torrents : 45$
setup fee : 8euro unless you take for 3 months.

for any info mail me : [email protected]
we accept only paypal verfied this thime.
thanks.