PDA

View Full Version : High speed and anonymity?

New user
11-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Hello,

I'd like to know if there's a popular file-sharing technology/service that provides high download speed and anonymity. Something in the lines of Rapidshare, but with a nice advanced search-engine and user comments/votes. Other than that, do ISPs know what you're doing when you download from Rapidshare? Is there a Rapidshare equivalent that encrypts and renames files?
Thanks,

Saffy12190
11-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I dont know about the high speed animinity, but i think the ISPs have to give you some privacy on what you download by law..

New user
11-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Actually, in my country, ISP are forced to monitor certain activity patterns and to report users if they use P2P. I've seen on TV some people using popular P2P applications and the police entering their house and taking the computers away. This is the law here :(

Sonnentier
11-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Hmm, do you know how they do investigations?
what country is that if you have possibility to tell

New user
11-04-2008, 07:20 PM
The country is France and they are about to vote a new law to increase the fine. Culprits have also their connection cut when cought. I suspect local authorities share illegal files to see which of their citizen are going to bite. As soon as you download/share illegal stuff, they know your IP address. Then they only have to ask the ISP the name/address of the culprit.

Tokeman
11-04-2008, 08:37 PM
It doesnt have fancy user comments, but newsgroups are always fast and secure. I suggest you look into that.

New user
11-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks. I used Usenet a few years ago to download MP3s, but the problems are poor search feature, and it's paid now for binary newsgroups :)

Funkin'
11-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, if you use an actual NZB site(instead of downloading headers in your client) then you get a good search engine and user comments on releases. Check out NzbsrUs New User. It's a really good nzb indexing site, and the community there is pretty active. There are many other NZB indexing sites too.

Yes, you do have to pay for binary download. But for the guaranteed and the security it's more than worth it.

New user
11-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks, I had a look at NZBsRus, but I didn't find what I'm looking for... But I'll keep it in my bookmarks, as I like the concept :)

jbloggs
11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
NewsServer (usenet) is fast and secure with SSL. Great deal with Astraweb right now ($11/mth unlimited, see banner at the top of this page). There are many search sites like newzleech and binsearch take a look at the following link for a list.

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44446 (http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44446&sid=dceaddb92d221c54afa421e1b861b595)

azza2102
11-07-2008, 11:21 AM
i use a seedbox and download all the files from there.
it is high speed. and it uses ftp to download.
would they monitor that?

New user
11-07-2008, 12:04 PM
They wouldn't monitor that, especially that you can encrypt your files from your seedbox...But a seedbox is expensive and I don't know a VPS provider that would let its users turn it into a seedbox, for legal reasons...

looopz
11-11-2008, 10:28 AM
NewsServer (usenet) is fast and secure with SSL. Great deal with Astraweb right now ($11/mth unlimited, see banner at the top of this page). There are many search sites like newzleech and binsearch take a look at the following link for a list.

http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44446 (http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44446&sid=dceaddb92d221c54afa421e1b861b595)

Very happy astraweb user here, for $11 i don't think you can beat it. Combined with binsearch & nzbsrus its just about perfect for new releases.

azza2102
11-13-2008, 01:24 AM
They wouldn't monitor that, especially that you can encrypt your files from your seedbox...But a seedbox is expensive and I don't know a VPS provider that would let its users turn it into a seedbox, for legal reasons...

theres a few places that sell VPS' as seedboxes and not that expensive.

theres one place for $47 you get a VPS with it all setup ready to use as a seedbox

lukee
11-13-2008, 01:49 AM
Its called ScT SSL :)

saulin
11-13-2008, 07:21 AM
No tracker is that secure plus just about any tracker gets hacked nowadays. Usenet SSL is the way to go. Alt.Binz has bult in search engines to find stuff on Usenet.

Of course you have to live in a crappy country to worry so much about security and your ISP finding out what you download. I download from HTTP, Bitorrent or Usenet and I don't really have to worry about it.

tnt
11-13-2008, 09:09 AM
High speed and anonymity?
thats the other name of usenet:yup:
as saulin said no tracker is secure and anonymous 100%

sheriff 01
11-21-2008, 07:47 AM
I agree newsgroups are secure and a good way to go for better security but nothing is 100% secure and i think if they really want to nail you they will.

cherio
11-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Another vote for Usenet. Can't beat Tier1 bandwidth + SSL

BinaryRetentin
11-28-2008, 09:58 AM
NewsServer is fast and secure with SSL.

Azatos
12-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Hmm, I would say file-hosts MU and RS are among the most popular and pretty fast and secure.

Newsgroups or UseNET are supposed to be 100% secure and offer fast download speeds, also if someone who pays for usenet access, what is the cheapest+ at least 20gb/month seller? As I'm interested now.

basilhaydens
12-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Hmm, I would say file-hosts MU and RS are among the most popular and pretty fast and secure.

Newsgroups or UseNET are supposed to be 100% secure and offer fast download speeds, also if someone who pays for usenet access, what is the cheapest+ at least 20gb/month seller? As I'm interested now.

Astraweb...the $11/month unlimited banner is often at the top of this website.

cinephilia
12-06-2008, 06:20 PM
The country is France and they are about to vote a new law to increase the fine. Culprits have also their connection cut when cought. I suspect local authorities share illegal files to see which of their citizen are going to bite. As soon as you download/share illegal stuff, they know your IP address. Then they only have to ask the ISP the name/address of the culprit.
seems you're a lil bit paranoid... you should know that we're less monitored than many many countries.

DanielleD87
12-11-2008, 04:42 AM
if you want anon then it has to be nothing that is dcc (direct cable connect).

the best highspeed anon are probably only two options: 1) ftp (tech fxp for anon) and 2) newsgroups
however, it is sometimes easier to get a decent proxy and use dcc like bit torrent or other p2p which can be just as fast as the above two except you are separating yourself via proxy or seedbox or whatever. many people do this but it isn't the most anon or the fastest. also, you have to worry about a money trail if you do something that costs money so that is another factor to add.

you probably want to look at newsgroups.