PDA

View Full Version : How does one amass such junk?

Skweeky
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Since I've been off work (6weeks) I have been going into cupboards and drawers round the house and emptying them off anything I no longer have a use for. That meant I was taking a supermarket bag full of stuff either to the dump or to the charity shop every other day.
Today I decided to start on the linnen cupboard. So far I have only done the bottom shelf and I have a garbage bag full of bedding, curtains and towels I no longer use:unsure:

I can't even remember buying most of the stuff I'm throwing out!
From now on I'm not buying anything unless I really need it. (Shoes, handbags and clothes excepted of course)

Barbarossa
11-04-2008, 01:12 PM
We have exactly the same problem. I'd love to de-clutter, but I can't persuade Herself to part with anything...

Maybe a house-fire is in order :unsure:

Skweeky
11-04-2008, 01:15 PM
The only way I'm getting away with it is because the husband isn't here to check what I'm throwing out. If it were up to him...

Adster
11-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I did some spring cleaning recently.. and yeah its amazing how much crap you find and never use.. I think what happens is on the day you no longer need something you just throw it at the back of a cupboard and say to yourself *there that gets that out of the way I wont have to worry about it for a year when i clean *

Skweeky
11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
I susually throw it in the back of the cupboard thinking 'That may come in handy someday'
It never does :no:

chalice
11-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Most coherent post from Adster ever! Fact.

A testament to rehab. :smilie4:

Skweeky
11-04-2008, 03:08 PM
I reckon it's just manker hacking into his account. There are hardly any spelling mistakes :fear:

Adster
11-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I reckon it's just manker hacking into his account. There are hardly any spelling mistakes :fear:

ooooops

dam i should have been more thoughtful with that!

Haven't seen you guys for a while good to see the same regular faces around

Skweeky
11-04-2008, 03:21 PM
He's using spacing! :fear:

Adster
11-04-2008, 03:36 PM
He's using spacing! :fear:

awww skweeky don't be afraid.

I was just looking at my cupboard right now speaking of crap and found lots of toys that i played with as a kid (no not the toys your thinking of:lol:)

I know worse people that keep pieces of cardboard that will never be used again.

by the way I know its completely dead now the soulseek room but if anyone has been looking for me the past months Ive switched to the new server soulseek.

and don't be affraid your speaking to the Real Adam! lol

Skweeky
11-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I didn't think anyone used Soulseek anymore.

chalice
11-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Benjamin and Nigel do. And Skizo too, I think.

Haven't been near it in years myself.

Good to see the new and improved Ad back. The world's gone mental.

Mathea
11-04-2008, 08:09 PM
I susually throw it in the back of the cupboard thinking 'That may come in handy someday'
It never does :no:

It doesn't. :( I throw things into a drawer, and then when its full I go to the next. Luckily I moved recently, so Im down to one drawer in the kitchen.... when the whole row gets full I guess I'll have to clean it out.

Btw, gratz on being about to pop! Bet you're more than ready to gettin pregnancy over and done with.

Skweeky
11-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Yup :yes:

I just hope I don't end up having the baby in the house by accident. All that old linnen could come in handy for that :huh:

Adster
11-04-2008, 11:13 PM
I didn't think anyone used Soulseek anymore.

yeah I don't really use it for downloading much I mainly just use to share what I downloaded to spread it around, I still grab some movie scores for my radio show from time to time.

Biggles
11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
See when you are nearly 53 :ermm:

You need drawer extensions nearly 20 feet deep.

:naughty:

Adster
11-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Yup :yes:

I just hope I don't end up having the baby in the house by accident. All that old linnen could come in handy for that :huh:

pregnant again? haha everything I see you after a while you are!! Maybe you do have babies around the house you don't know about:lol:

Skweeky
11-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Eh? This is my first, mate.

Adster
11-05-2008, 12:11 AM
oh my bad I thought i was a few years ago you were as well, I remember Rocktron talking about it might be thinking of someone else

but anyhow good luck with it all!