PDA

View Full Version : Firewalled?.....

rizy102
09-07-2003, 03:53 PM
hiya,
when i try to downloads using Bittorrent (shadows experimental), it always shows the yellow light saying that i have no incoming connections. however, ive allowed ports 6881-6999 incoming and outgoing, on my firewall (Zonealram), and i still cant hardly download or upload. ive also switched my firewall off completely but still the same thing!
has anyone got any suggestions?
thanks

Gre1
09-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Yes, u are firewalled cause I used ZoneAlarm for a while and i could only connect to 5 peers and 2 seeds and wouldn't not go any further. So just turn your Firewall off while u use BT and it should work. ;)

MUSLEMAN
09-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by rizy102@7 September 2003 - 11:53
hiya,
when i try to downloads using Bittorrent (shadows experimental), it always shows the yellow light saying that i have no incoming connections. however, ive allowed ports 6881-6999 incoming and outgoing, on my firewall (Zonealram), and i still cant hardly download or upload. ive also switched my firewall off completely but still the same thing!
has anyone got any suggestions?
thanks
sound to me like you have no connections try a different seed

nikita69
09-07-2003, 06:00 PM
either that or remove zone alarm and get sygate pro 2.1. In firewalls, there's sygate's and there is everybody else.

rizy102
09-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Well the thing is that i have switched my firewall off for about 8 hours but ive still only downloaded 2MB!
and its not the seed because other people are downloading the same file.
so ill try swithing to sygates and see if it works.
thanks

muchspl2
09-07-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Gre1@7 September 2003 - 17:54
Yes, u are firewalled cause I used ZoneAlarm for a while and i could only connect to 5 peers and 2 seeds and wouldn't not go any further. So just turn your Firewall off while u use BT and it should work. ;)
should never turn off your firewall, configer it!
also how many seeds? when they first come out 1seed/500 peers it will take along time but if you wait 24 hours it will have 100+seeds your speed will show a big difference

also did you turn off xp's firewall, don't need it & zone alarm

do you have a router? need to configer that too

rizy102
09-07-2003, 07:47 PM
this is what it says on the bittorrent cleint:

peer: 4
seeds: 0

but on the suprnova site it says:

downloaders: 52
complete: 5

yeah i did turn xps firewall off and ive completely uninstalled zonealarm, but it still gives me that yellow icon saying my connection is firewalled. no i dont have a router

rizy102
09-07-2003, 09:48 PM
right i figured out why the bittorrent client was saying i was firwalled; it was connecting through a proxy server that i had set up for my internet browsing.
anyone know how i can leave the proxy server on for browsing but off for everything else?