PDA

View Full Version : www.Seedcafe.info

BudgieSmuggler
11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
I came across this service today. Website looks nice.

Don't know much about it though - their prices seem good but I need to find out more.

Can anyone help?

Looking for good and bad comments

gan.nez
11-05-2008, 02:38 PM
too expensive for what they are offering.
my opiniong

Kuttichan
11-05-2008, 05:27 PM
too expensive for what they are offering.
my opiniong
agree:)

BudgieSmuggler
11-06-2008, 08:49 AM
found the servers are not OVH but hosting-ie anyone know anything about the speeds?

Ichigo81
11-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Dunno about speeds, but the $15 plan looks pretty good... dunno what you guys are complaining about.

Seedright
11-06-2008, 11:37 PM
I thinks it's a little bit expensive, but the small package it's affordable for everyone.

Seedright.

BudgieSmuggler
11-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Ichigo: people complain for no reason. I thought their prices seem pretty good.

Just want more info about it

pplush259
11-07-2008, 04:04 AM
yeah, looks like a nice site, nice prices , with hosting ie , so no throttle at all, has any one used this before or just signed up recently, perhaps a review wud be really nice,

Kuttichan
11-07-2008, 06:00 AM
i would like to see a review too

Ichigo81
11-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Ok, well I've been through them before (they didn't have a website before) but they were using OVH and not Hosting IE or whatever it is now. I guess OVH sucks now?

Anyways I can't comment on speeds or stability since I've not been a member with them on these new servers, but I can tell you the support is fantastic. If you have an issue (which were rare anyways) they will reply in a fast and kindly manner and fix stuff ASAP. They treat you like the way you are supposed to be treated... a paying customer. As I said before in a review for them in another topic I would go right back to them if I'm ever in need of a seedbox again.

As for the packages I think they look pretty good. This was awhile ago but I was paying $15 for 15GB of space and now it's double... I haven't been keeping up with other box providers but I think 30GB is pretty good for a low level package. Also they didn't oversell their servers... didn't have to compete with 10 other people for speeds like some other providers do to you.

pplush259
11-07-2008, 07:58 AM
looks like a real deal.. cheers

BudgieSmuggler
11-07-2008, 10:23 AM
thanks too. I will try them and report back what I can

Valoo
11-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm testing them too with the package 1. Indeed, for higher plans it's a little expensive. For package 1 the max number of active torrents is also small (4) and must be temporaly smaller when you download with high speed.

Anyway since the beggining the speed is good and the webui is not lagging. The owner doesn't seem to oversell its servers which are not OVH; personaly I am on an Hosting-IE one. First contact was also nice and serious.

pplush259
11-08-2008, 03:40 AM
thats nice, i may consider taking it too once i get 3-4 more reviews like these.

Thanks Valoo..

CHiPoPo
11-08-2008, 09:08 PM
what's the speed with the package 1?

BudgieSmuggler
11-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Well took the plunge and signed up.

Here is what I can say so far:

I bought the $40 package (I stole my girlfriends credit card hehe)

Even though it has been just over 36 hours I have been impressed so far.

Firstly, they sent me a welcome email outlining all the terms and conditions (not necessary but a nice, professional touch). They also state that they don't oversell the slots so you won't have to compete for bandwidth. You also get live msn and email support. These things do matter to me (they might not to you)

The speeds I have been getting from the $40 have been great. I have seen a few torrents clock at 8Mb/s down and 5 Mb/s up.

Haven't needed support yet so. Will give more feedback in a week.

pplush259
11-09-2008, 01:28 PM
cheers mate, thanks for clearing it for us.. May try it soon though..

Kuttichan
11-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Well took the plunge and signed up.

Here is what I can say so far:

I bought the $40 package (I stole my girlfriends credit card hehe)

Even though it has been just over 36 hours I have been impressed so far.

Firstly, they sent me a welcome email outlining all the terms and conditions (not necessary but a nice, professional touch). They also state that they don't oversell the slots so you won't have to compete for bandwidth. You also get live msn and email support. These things do matter to me (they might not to you)

The speeds I have been getting from the $40 have been great. I have seen a few torrents clock at 8Mb/s down and 5 Mb/s up.

Haven't needed support yet so. Will give more feedback in a week.
How long did they take to set up your account?

What is like the avg UL speed you are getting and how much you have UL so far (time of running would be helpful as well)?

Looks like a good service.

BudgieSmuggler
11-10-2008, 11:25 AM
They set up the account straight away after I paid through the website. I paid, and then they set it up. Didn't wait long at all. Obviously if you are on the other side of the world you may have to wait until they wake up due to time differences ;-)

Average upload speed really depends on where you are seeding IMO. I have seen speeds range between 8 MB/s and 4 MB/s. I guess it really depends on the package and selecting the right torrent - so many people forget this.

viper151
11-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I really dont understand why did you get something with 40 $ with limited hd and torrents when you can get a dedicated with something more.

Kuttichan
11-11-2008, 08:06 AM
They set up the account straight away after I paid through the website. I paid, and then they set it up. Didn't wait long at all. Obviously if you are on the other side of the world you may have to wait until they wake up due to time differences ;-)

Average upload speed really depends on where you are seeding IMO. I have seen speeds range between 8 MB/s and 4 MB/s. I guess it really depends on the package and selecting the right torrent - so many people forget this.
yes, I agree that to a certain extend.

But I just would like to know that, whether they cap the speed or not? do you feel like the UL is kinda stable at just say like 4-5MB/s if there are enough peers?

padawan
11-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I went for the $15 plan and they put me on a kimsufi (ovh). down speeds went up to ~3MB/s and uploadspeed ranges from 1-2 MB/s. So speed wise it's not as good as Budgie's.

andra
11-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Last time i did have a server from them they did send me wrong password.
Just open a ticket and ask for the pass again or a new one.

pplush259
11-11-2008, 06:09 PM
I went for the $15 plan and they put me on a kimsufi (ovh). down speeds went up to ~3MB/s and uploadspeed ranges from 1-2 MB/s. So speed wise it's not as good as Budgie's.

i guess its something like pay more for more speeds:)

BudgieSmuggler
11-12-2008, 12:29 AM
yeah better speed = pay more.

sth01
11-12-2008, 12:59 AM
there are look good. want to try their lowest plan but seem run out.
I'll wait more other review before I go with their higher plan

forthat
11-12-2008, 09:12 AM
packs are costly .......

i think the package # 1 will be good for some people...

BudgieSmuggler
11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
they have so far provided me with exceptional service. I really appreciate that. I have now just been moved to a Gbit server

t4eva
11-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Hey there,
I totally agree with Budgie, service is brilliant and stable webui/ftp.

Joshin
11-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Their 1gbit plans look good ...

Kuttichan
11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
they too have bandwidth limit now...damn

pplush259
11-19-2008, 06:16 PM
yeah but 2tb is writen as bittorrent bandwidth ya , the chap ihas quick followups as writen by starter for the thread..

Ichigo81
11-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Ouch...

Ronit
11-28-2008, 10:02 AM
did anyone tried the $15 plan... i m planning to buy it.

any reviews?

teresckova
12-07-2008, 03:12 AM
i have the 30 $ package...so far i would say is good...is my first seedboox...so... the speeds that i am getting are 4.5mb/s down and 3,7mb/s up...in two weeks i ve managed to get 500 gb on sct...i dont know if its good or bad...but the support is great...u just talk with the guys and thats it...they fixx it...

aladdin56789
12-07-2008, 05:04 AM
try this one it's good one ...www.iam2host.com (http://www.iam2host.com) i already tried it last Month

Kuttichan
12-07-2008, 05:22 AM
try this one it's good one ...www.iam2host.com (http://www.iam2host.com) i already tried it last Month
How did it go?

more infos would be nice:)

pplush259
12-07-2008, 05:53 AM

nice way of promoting service in others thread dude.

:01:

aladdin56789
12-07-2008, 06:02 AM
How did it go?

more infos would be nice:)

it was perfect really ....check this out plz

http://i37.tinypic.com/1230agw.jpg

nice way of promoting service in others thread dude.

:01:
I'm sorry did i do something wrong ? i didn't mean anything i'm new here and i saw the people talking about that website seedcafe and i want to offer some help that's all ......:(:blink:

Ichigo81
12-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Yes, quite rude of you actually. Don't hijack other people's threads.

Please start your own thread if you want to advertise your service.

lehaans
12-07-2008, 12:07 PM
been using them for over 4 months now , fanastic support , nearly 99 % uptime , they have dumped the ovh servers and are on ie hosting speeds are as plan i have 2 slots running from them rite now.the 1 gig down is capped at 9 mb cause of disk over load but the up speed is uncapped. topped at 55 mb per sec on gta4 torrent;) price is decent enough and the guys are real friendly:)

i will ask the admin chap to drop in here too.

aladdin56789
12-07-2008, 05:42 PM

watch your Tongue i didn't mean anything i thought the guy was asking about hosting as i said i didn't mean to hijack other people threads ...:angry:

Ichigo81
12-07-2008, 10:03 PM

watch your Tongue i didn't mean anything i thought the guy was asking about hosting as i said i didn't mean to hijack other people threads ...:angry:

Watch my tongue? I even said please :rolleyes: Grow up.

Nobody has asked about hosting and nobody is complaining about the guys at Seedcafe. You purposely hijacked the thread to advertise your service (which btw, doesn't even look that great) as we have seen this plenty of times from other new members.

Again, START YOUR OWN THREAD.

Exmortis
12-13-2008, 01:12 AM
I used the service for a month and found it stable but the customer service was rude at times. They do use Utorrent but with very very limited permissions but I guess that is what $15 gets you.

I will not be renewing.

3/5 Stars.

melgaco
12-15-2008, 02:12 PM
My seedbox is down today..:( Any one have the same problem?

Exmortis
12-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Ya my friends box has been down for 3 days and no response from support.

Exmortis
12-19-2008, 10:18 PM
He was down for a week and he finally got a hold of them and they said "if you are not happy with the service then leave" he said "what service? that is the problem."

We both had bad experiences with these morons and their poor customer service. I moved to another seedbox provider and have been happy ever since.

LJ.
12-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Their are some good reviews and bad reviews, which one do i have to believe :D

I am looking for a cheap seedbox and this one seems to be a good seedbox..

Exmortis
12-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Their are some good reviews and bad reviews, which one do i have to believe :D

I am looking for a cheap seedbox and this one seems to be a good seedbox..

Try it out man

just because the two of us had a bad experience with them does not mean you will. Then again, you might be saying the same thing in this forum by the end of your first month.

martondvn
12-23-2008, 01:47 AM
I purchased the 20 $ package last week. It gives 30 Gb and a shared 100 mbps connection.. Most of the time I can get something like 1.5Mb/s on my torrents, combined.
Not the best speed, or HD space, but I havent found a cheaper service with paypal payment.
Anyway, I managed to UL more than 700 Gb this last week, and thatīs more than I can upload in a year with my home connection, so Im very happy. But I dont think Iīll renew the package, not so much for the speed, but for the low HD space.

LJ.
12-23-2008, 12:18 PM
I purchased the 20 $ package last week. It gives 30 Gb and a shared 100 mbps connection.. Most of the time I can get something like 1.5Mb/s on my torrents, combined.
Not the best speed, or HD space, but I havent found a cheaper service with paypal payment.
Anyway, I managed to UL more than 700 Gb this last week, and thatīs more than I can upload in a year with my home connection, so Im very happy. But I dont think Iīll renew the package, not so much for the speed, but for the low HD space.

What was the upload speed ?

padawan
12-23-2008, 04:42 PM
iirc upload speed is limited to 20mbit on the smallest plan, the next one is 35mbit and then 50mbit+. so if you pay more, you get more speed. sounds logical to me. it's not mentioned on their website though :-/

i been with them in november and i was quite happy with them, as speeds were good and not some oversold crap like seedbox.fr (from what i've read from them) :)

t4eva
01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
the speeds on gbits are way higher as compared to unmetered plans.. quite stable webui after initial hiccups.

nbo
01-06-2009, 01:04 AM
tried to order one twice but they never got back to me

shadow_cruiser
01-08-2009, 05:24 AM
I just signed up to seedcafe, my first seedbox actually:). I'm trying to figure out the ip of the box but have no idea how. I need this for TL. Can someone tell me how to get the ip?

Karel
01-08-2009, 08:07 AM
they should provide you with the ip of the box along with other login details.

LJ.
01-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Yeah send them an e-mail :)

shadow_cruiser
01-10-2009, 04:38 PM

Yeah send them an e-mail :)

I ended up sending them an email and got a reply within 24 hours. Thanks guys!. Cheap box and reasonable speeds

BudgieSmuggler
03-05-2009, 01:36 PM
anyonne still using their service here?

I haven't had internet connection for ages thanks to a move

tazz32_rulez
03-05-2009, 04:26 PM
yup... i'm still with them... they are now on hosting-ie and server.lu

service - good :)

speeds - .lu totally uncapped

L33cH
03-06-2009, 07:41 AM
yup... i'm still with them... they are now on hosting-ie and server.lu

service - good :)

speeds - .lu totally uncapped

Unmetered traffic means you do not have to worry about receiving surprise traffic bills.

This is what you get:

Unmetered data transfer, in- and out-bound
Unmetered data transfer within our network
Improved external and internal connectivity
Genuine 100MBit speed
No Extra Bills

Our bandwidth policy was developed to ensure that every customer gets his fair share of the total bandwidth available. Consequently, we take into account that no customer could cause slow connectivity for others.

This is why bandwidth intensive applications such as:

Sex sites
Streaming
Large FTP sites
Proxy servers including TOR
P2P
IRC servers
BitTorrent

and similar are not necessarily covered by our unmetered services and that misuse could incur a connectivity restriction after prior notification.

However, if you need to run applications with high bandwidth utilisation, please contact us at [email protected] ([email protected]?subject=Bandwidth%20Inquiry), and we can arrange a separate redundant dedicated line for you.

lol

arham12
03-06-2009, 08:28 AM
that is shit expensive :/

pplush259
03-06-2009, 03:59 PM
not really if u see them giving u gbit in their own network for this price..

FransTormer
03-06-2009, 04:42 PM
not really if u see them giving u gbit in their own network for this price..
And this helps how?

I do understand that Gbit on their own network-segment could help resolving/getting torrents from neighbouring servers much quicker. But unless you know/see if this Gbit is valid only for the subnet of your server and/or the entire datacentre, it's pretty void especially when most torrent-clients come configured without local peer discovery nor are even aware of servers around them.

So yes, Gbit could help in certain situations but when shopping for a seedbox, I would most definitely not take this into account at any moment.

tobb3
10-17-2009, 09:26 PM
I think it's a very cheap place..good service and speeds are great!

down = about 6-7
up = about 5

currently using pack 3. sure 8 torrents is a bit on the low side but not a problem for me.

No doubt that I recommend this place!

Vars
10-17-2009, 10:10 PM
$35/month for 60 Gb and 8 torrents. Now that's a lol.

KnowinServers
10-18-2009, 05:48 AM
$35/month for 60 Gb and 8 torrents. Now that's a lol. You can get 4x that amount of space for a lower price than that. Just check the stickies ;)

I didnt find anything funny over here vars..
But yes i liked the way you promote your company lol...

But if i were to buy a seedbox then i would definately avoid you
You start service for a while and then dis appear again...

I would mind paying 35$ for 60Gb space rather than buying your service..
You start service for a while and then suddenly dis appear and then come back again..

and how do you expect us to buy service from you..
The other companies have been in business for a long time
so we can definitely trust them...
what guarantee do you give that you are gonna stay in business for next 2 years or longer...

And on top of it you have your servers in US :P

Vars
10-18-2009, 02:08 PM
My father passed away unexpectedly, and I was a wreck for the next few months. I'm sure you'd have loved to deal with a guy more emotional than an 8-months-pregnant woman.

Edit: Just for the record, I tried to find someone to deal with VarsBox while I was going through this. They did a crappy job. If you were one of my clients who had to go through dealing with them, I'm sorry.

tobb3
10-18-2009, 02:50 PM
afaik seedcafe isn't shared..? whereas yours is..

Vars
10-18-2009, 02:53 PM
afaik seedcafe isn't shared..? whereas yours is..

They seem to have both shared and dedicated plans. I only have shared for the moment.

tobb3
10-18-2009, 09:30 PM
well seedbox plan doesn't seem to be shared either? it doesn't say so anywhere? if that's the case i think it's worth it...btw their giga boxes are really cheap 65 us dollars with everything unlimited and 200gb space...pretty nice i think

Mugur
10-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Yes, it looks. But the question is how many users are on that server.

waeldiab
10-22-2009, 07:56 PM
i am on it u can have a lock for my up speed
http://images.tti.nu/image/6237.jpeg (http://images.tti.nu/view/6237)

http://images.tti.nu/image/6240.jpeg (http://images.tti.nu/view/6240)

(http://images.tti.nu/view/6237)

RAZ-R
10-22-2009, 09:24 PM
What package are you using with that speeds?

waeldiab
10-22-2009, 09:32 PM
What package are you using with that speeds?

SC 2000, but really they are very fast one day and i revived my log in details

xxooxx
10-23-2009, 03:08 PM
SC 2000, but really they are very fast one day and i revived my log in details

How long have you been with them,and what was the max upload speed :),if possible please state the total bandwidth used in a month.

Peace.

waeldiab
10-23-2009, 07:15 PM
SC 2000, but really they are very fast one day and i revived my log in detailsHow long have you been with them,and what was the max upload speed :),if possible please state the total bandwidth used in a month.

Peace.

MAX UP 11/MBs
i still new with them and i just have been with them almost 3 day's

awesome speed up

http://images.tti.nu/image/6271.jpeg (http://images.tti.nu/view/6271)

keeper
10-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Anyone tryed seedbox Package 8, and what speeds are??

1gbs, 200gb hard for 65$ its great deal!

lehaans
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
well i was these guys for for at least six months before i moved to dedi's , the best guys round servers are never over sold, support is instant .

i had the giga package too up speeds went up to 50 to 60 mb per sec on popular torrents at that time they were with i-e hosting but now they have .lu and ovh.

all the best to jon johnson:P

the best part is they are torrenters themselves so they know what ppl want!!

keeper
10-26-2009, 04:19 PM
Lol, i send them e-mail and already pass 2-3 days and no answer i think they gone! Or they scam:naughty:

tobb3
10-28-2009, 07:41 AM
no they're no scammers I'm using them right now..but yes they are are sometime a bit slow on answering email which is a bit annoying...I would send them another email!

waeldiab
10-31-2009, 07:45 PM
no they're no scammers i like the speed

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii38/WAELDIAB_2007/untitled-2.jpg

zonta
10-31-2009, 11:16 PM
they have some good boxes but regular preis.

lennonmacc
11-01-2009, 07:31 AM
anyone else tried them out recently? Has anyone tried the 1000Mb/s plan?

lehaans
11-01-2009, 06:44 PM
anyone else tried them out recently? Has anyone tried the 1000Mb/s plan?

yep i had their 1 giga plan but that was last year, used to hit 60 mb up easy maxed at 80mb on gta4 torrent:01:

waeldiab
11-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Unavailable right now

lennonmacc
11-01-2009, 10:02 PM
yeah, that max plan is deff too pricey for me, but their other gig plans are alright. I wish they didn't limit bandwitch and put a limit on active torrents instead.

waeldiab
11-02-2009, 12:55 AM
yeah, that max plan is deff too pricey for me, but their other gig plans are alright. I wish they didn't limit bandwitch and put a limit on active torrents instead.
i don't know about it but the plane which i have is is unlimited bandwitch, i upload more than 3TB and my upload is the same 11MB/s

lennonmacc
11-02-2009, 06:07 AM
which package do you have again?

xxooxx
11-02-2009, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=waeldiab;3321836]Take care from this user
Klinder
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/klinder-203554/

Who is he :unsure:

waeldiab
11-02-2009, 06:54 PM
which package do you have again?

sc 2000

Deathcab
11-02-2009, 07:07 PM
I haven't ever had a seedbox, I guess this will be my first choice :O

waeldiab
11-02-2009, 08:05 PM
I haven't ever had a seedbox, I guess this will be my first choice :O

i recommended for u really up speed very good :)

lennonmacc
11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Hmm have sent them an email with a questions about one of their packages, and after three days still no reply. Maybe they don't work on the weekends.

lennonmacc
11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Got a reply but they can't do customizes packages like i hoped. So I'm going to go with xirvik.com, my price limit was 40 bucks and seedcafe seems to pricey for me right now.Thanks for the help WAELDIAB

waeldiab
11-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Got a reply but they can't do customizes packages like i hoped. So I'm going to go with xirvik.com, my price limit was 40 bucks and seedcafe seems to pricey for me right now.Thanks for the help WAELDIAB

u are welcome m8

thomas1499
11-07-2009, 05:41 AM
Anybody knows, wich utorrent version he have?

Because my tracker allowed only:

uTorrent/1600
uTorrent/1600(478)
uTorrent/160B(467)
uTorrent/161
uTorrent/1610
uTorrent/1610(1952)
uTorrent/161B(478)
uTorrent/161B(479)
uTorrent/161B(481)
uTorrent/161B(482)
uTorrent/161B(483)

The price for the package 5 looks ok, if the speed is good.

vaidyanath
11-07-2009, 12:57 PM
i had bought a seedbox at $15 in Jan-09 from seedcafe.info. they were capping speeds that time, upload -1 mbps and download 1.9 mbps and maximum seeding per torrent at ratio 6.0 then torrent will stop. don't know if they are doing the same at present or not.

thomas1499
11-07-2009, 01:06 PM
thats looks not nice...thx for your feedback vaidyanath

tobb3
11-16-2009, 09:46 AM
no capping on seedboxes...i got some good speeds up to 9-10mb/s for some periods, and had no problems with ratio over 6.0

/tobb3

surya_neo
12-07-2009, 02:35 PM
sorry being offtopic...do these seedboxes have rar/unrar built in them

HiDDENSKiLL
02-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Is there any new info about SC 2000 plan? Speeds etc...

Kysar
02-07-2010, 03:14 AM
Limiting Bandwith = Automatic FAIL

faster04
02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
It does seem that they limit upload bandwidth to 2.0 MB/s.

I just got their cheapest package-Took 48 hours to set up.
I thought the speeds would be around the 4-5 MB/s range

Ahh,well,for $15.00/month it's not that bad!:happy:

Edit:Have sent an instant message asking if they cap upload speeds.
Will re-post when I get an answer ;)

Relanium
03-09-2010, 09:43 AM
I can't access with the webui since yesterday. No one in MSN support and no reply with email.

I have passed a great month with them, i renew 2 day ago and now when i need them, nobody is here. :dry:

I have ask some info for a new seedbox with an other reseller. :)

EDIT: I just ordered one now for 1 week to " Xirvik "

NO NEWS FROM SEEDCAFE.

EDIT2: I got an answer from Seedcafe, they restarted the client and all it's OK.

I was in state of panic for nothing lol. Now i have a Xirvik's seedbox to giveaway for everyone who want it. Just PM me. :fst:

Darude9000
03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Too expensive for what they offer