PDA

View Full Version : Bad speed @ Utorrent

BReal13
11-07-2008, 09:26 PM
My maximum DL speed is 1.2 MB/s, but now after switching on Vista I can't get more than ~400 kb/s.... right now i'm dl @ 40 kb/s.
Http download works great and I'm able to max out my connection...
In this rate i need more than 30 hours to finish dl-ing crisys.
This problem I have on all tracker, no mater the number of peers.

Any ideas?

RedRansom
11-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Did you set "number of connection" on utorrent->Options->Preferences->Bandwidth
and did you put right port number on Utorrent?(connectable)

BReal13
11-08-2008, 06:45 AM

Yes i tried all tipe of settings

AMnesko
11-08-2008, 07:00 AM

Yes i tried all tipe of settings
Did you try to uninstall your client and reinstall the latest version of it?

Funkin'
11-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Too bad Transmission doesn't work in Windows. I was having the same problems in uTorrent. My port was opened, my settings were correct, but I would hardly max out my connection. Either down or up(I used for uTorrent for a couple years like this since I thought it was the best client). Once I switched to Transmission, I get maxed out on everything. It's my new favorite client.

When I was using Windows, I switched to Halite. I would get faster speeds in Halite then I would in uTorrent. So I would highly recommend trying it out.

NfoGuru
11-08-2008, 10:08 AM
My maximum DL speed is 1.2 MB/s, but now after switching on Vista I can't get more than ~400 kb/s.... right now i'm dl @ 40 kb/s.
Http download works great andI I'm able to max out my connection...

Any ideas?
I guess it's mainly caused by the TCP/IP patch. cuz once u swithced ur system to vista, u have to do it again. that's y I stay on XP. and based on what Ive known, the patch on vista is more complecated than XP.

BReal13
11-08-2008, 11:16 AM
When I was using Windows, I switched to Halite. I would get faster speeds in Halite then I would in uTorrent. So I would highly recommend trying it out.
OK thanks, i will try that client too, hope it will help

I guess it's mainly caused by the TCP/IP patch. cuz once u swithced ur system to vista, u have to do it again. that's y I stay on XP. and based on what Ive known, the patch on vista is more complecated than XP.

yea i guess, maybe with windows 7 things will work better.

phrenzy
11-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Speed is bad.. Don't do drugs

addiction
11-08-2008, 12:24 PM
maybe also your internet provider decrease yor bw when torrenting. here in canada, Bell do something like that.

athenaesword
11-08-2008, 12:55 PM
but it's too much of a coincidence for them to reduce speed just when he's changed OS..

BReal13
11-08-2008, 07:35 PM
but it's too much of a coincidence for them to reduce speed just when he's changed OS..
Yea that's right :w00t:, my provider doesn't care what i do :whistling...

Still thinking for a solution :ermm:

saimer
11-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Http download works great andI I'm able to max out my connection...

Any ideas?

I'd second this thought.
stay with XP or switch to unix/linux/freebsd ;)

BReal13
11-08-2008, 11:07 PM

I'd second this thought.
stay with XP or switch to unix/linux/freebsd ;)

Yep problem solved, I'm back to XP, guess Vista isn't prepared to handle us just yet :shifty:

Ubuntuburningm
11-09-2008, 07:27 AM
try getting windows xp custom blinds edition 2008 or windows xp dark edition and run a program called xp-antispy to set your tcp connections