PDA

View Full Version : fall out 3

athenaesword
11-09-2008, 08:07 AM
who's played it?

IdolEyes787
11-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Playing it now.
Extremely well made but just really Oblivion via Mad Max.

twist off
11-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Today, I'm going to use my extra game from TRU sale few weeks back and get it... It looks AMAZING!

m4n4g3r
11-11-2008, 11:07 PM
good game!

athenaesword
11-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Playing it now.
looks like i gotta try it out. after my exams. i've heard talk that it's better than oblivion. oblivion got a little too expansive and pointless for me after awhile. after spending weeks on it, I still hadn't gotten to the main quest, and suffice to say, I never did.

IdolEyes787
11-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm with you on Oblivion.
I really enjoyed the previously Elder Scrolls games but I like you never saw the end of Oblivion(too big and too pointless).

Fallout's a lot more straight forward, but still finding a route from place to place can be a bitch and is definitely more chore than fun.
And the free roam bit is only good if there are constantly interesting and different things to do.

In Fallout 3 all quests are essentially completed by wandering around killing a limited assortment of enemies.
I'm about 3/4 of the way through now and I'm wanting it to end(and not in a good way:dabs:).

jimby73
11-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Fallout 3 is amazing. The graphics are kickass but also aren't so ridiculously intensive that you have to set everything to medium *coughCRYSIScough*.

It sets you up for about 15 minutes then you jump right into the main quest and plot.
The sides quests are kinda fun if you're into that aspect of it but you can just follow the main plot if you want and skip over all the fluff.

Free roam is a nice feature but you're gonna wanna find a good walkthrough cause it's REALLY effing easy to get lost and wander around for hours before you find anything.

WHiKWiRE
11-13-2008, 12:28 AM
I bought this game last week and just for the life of me couldn't get into it. The visuals are amazing no doubt but the free roam is just a bitch. Mind you I've never been one for RPG's but I just thought the game play would of been better.

Smith
11-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Im addicted to it.

Green Goblin
11-14-2008, 09:34 PM
this game bored me to tears, turned it off after i got to the first town, waste of b/w.

athenaesword
11-16-2008, 02:45 PM
lol seems like the comments are fairly polar. anyone played the witcher? i've played that and i actually liked it quite abit. maybe someone who's tried both can give his or her opinion on which is the better game.

IdolEyes787
11-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Don't think the posts(except for smith's )are so polar.

The main complaint with Fallout is it badly needs a better mapping feature.
There is a lot of territory to cover.To travel to many area requires navigating through several underground sections, the proper sequence of which isn't obvious.
And the fact that the arrow on the map doesn't take into account which level(storey?)you are on makes it unnecessarily confusing and tedious.

I played through The Witcher.The combat was deeper and the characters more interesting.

As I said before Fallout 3 is very much like Oblivion in terms of gameplay(whereas The Witcher is closer to Fable) .
Whether that is an endorsement or not I leave it to you to decide.

hagckz0r
11-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Hmm I didn't play Fallout 3 yet but I plan to install it today and give it a try

peat moss
11-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I was never interested till a workmate showed me this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwVDgTxr7fM

40 frag mines and one old man .

Did you see the hang time on that guy ? :D

IdolEyes787
11-22-2008, 04:44 PM
There's a special stat for exploding pants.True story.:lol:

Smith
11-28-2008, 02:11 AM
I beat the main storys final mission, it rolled the credits and went back to the main menu...so i hit continue and it takes me back to my last saved game before I beat it....IS THAT IT?

do I actually have to go back to 2 saved games before completed it, and just not beat the game so I can explore?

IdolEyes787
11-28-2008, 03:39 AM
From what I've read on other forums,yes.
Once you commit to the last quest at the citadel that's it.

Suppose you know the bit about the 200 different endings?
I managed 9 but there is so little difference(a line or two of dialogue) it doesn't make it worthwhile

Cabalo
11-28-2008, 04:43 AM
200 different endings? :blink:
i've been totally addicted on the game, but i know i'm still far from the end. maybe cuz i like to do a lot of the sidequests, and enjoy the game. Pretty hard though imo, but gotta love the VATS system when u finish the guy with the last blow.

yes, it's a bitch when the arrow doesn't show in which floor the goal is, especially true at rivet city when u are in the stairwell.

btw, how do u blow people's pants? i've seen there the stats but never did such a thing... do u have to sneak on them?

IdolEyes787
11-28-2008, 12:41 PM
btw, how do u blow people's pants? i've seen there the stats but never did such a thing... do u have to sneak on them?

Yeah it's simply pickpocketing in reverse.

Sneak up to someone. Transfer a grenade or 50 to them and quickly high- tail it to a safe distance.

Having a high stealth skill is a big plus in being able to do this effectively otherwise you could away use(waste) a stealth boy.

haiping85
11-29-2008, 03:53 AM
I don think there is 200 endings. According to the prima guide there's only like less then 10

IdolEyes787
11-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Fallout 3 executive producer Todd Howard claims the game has over 200 endings.
"Being that we are Bethesda, everything gets a bit big, so as of last week we're over 200 endings. That's not an exaggeration," Howard said.

Now that doesn't mean all 200 will be completely unique -- Howard goes on to explain that there are small decisions resulting in small differences in the ending you get, and multiplying all the possible changes results in the inflated number.

Exactly how many completely different endings there are (that is to say, endings that aren't just small variations of the others) is hard to say, as Howard didn't clarify.

Awake
11-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Very interesting game.
The best game that i every played

peat moss
11-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Very interesting game.
The best game that i every played

Everyone I give it to luvs it , me I get bored . I Shot the sherif ( not the song ) so many times just to liven up the game . :unsure: I hate role playing games with the quests and what not .

Sure can see the game play value tho , start again as a girl or be a thief next time . Months of game time . :)

IdolEyes787
11-29-2008, 02:40 PM
I can never play evil in any of these games,it just isn't in me.:innocent:

Even in something like Halo I play til I keep all the Marines alive(even though their later deaths are unavoidable:pinch:)

peat moss
11-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I can never play evil in any of these games,it just isn't in me.:innocent:

Even in something like Halo I play til I keep all the Marines alive(even though their later deaths are unavoidable:pinch:)

I know, I was a priest in my Goat test . :lol: First thing a friend asked was "can I redo the Goat ? :pinch:

haiping85
11-29-2008, 03:42 PM
the main quest can be completed pretty quick, but its the side quest that are very fun and interesting.

I especially like enslaving people, I find it actually quite challenging given some of the slaves location

IdolEyes787
11-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I especially like enslaving people, I find it actually quite challenging given some of the slaves location

Too bad you weren't born in 1830's Mississippi,you could have had a field day.

peat moss
11-29-2008, 05:51 PM
I like if you drink the contaminated water from the bomb site you either die or get sick . Get healed and mutate , grow or regenerate limbs . Who thinks up that shit ? :01: Sorry for the spoiler guys but what the hey .

Cabalo
11-29-2008, 05:53 PM

Too bad you weren't born in 1830's Mississippi,you could have had a field day.

:lol:

Azatos
12-03-2008, 03:33 AM
I can't wait to play this but not till I get my new PC, I assume it will run the same as Crysis on low around 50fps xD.

leaveapath
12-04-2008, 08:17 AM
it's so satisfying blowing a head off, using VATs never gets old.

anan
12-04-2008, 06:36 PM
good game!

sarancha
12-07-2008, 11:28 PM
i'm playing now...just awesome :)

SniperXX
12-10-2008, 03:54 AM
My roommates both recently finished the game plus exploring almost everything. Im almost done with the story but I've been exploring. I will be sad when I run out of stuff to do, its that fun.

yahoooooooo
12-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Playing it now.

Skiz
12-10-2008, 11:15 AM
I played this for about 2 hours tonight and was bored off my arse. I'm thoroughly sick of talking to every person I see. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
12-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I played this for about 2 hours tonight and was bored off my arse. I'm thoroughly sick of talking to every person I see. :dabs:

Hang in there after 20 hrs you get to see an ending that makes it all not worthwhile.

No seriously Skizo there's some interesting things here and there but on a whole as I posted earlier it's pretty repetitive.
Others think differently I know but there's a definite camp that thinks the game is a big bore.

btw I wasn't kidding about the ending .Even people who profess to loving the game tell me the same thing.

Skiz
12-11-2008, 05:14 AM

Hang in there after 20 hrs you get to see an ending that makes it all not worthwhile.

No seriously Skizo there's some interesting things here and there but on a whole as I posted earlier it's pretty repetitive.
Others think differently I know but there's a definite camp that thinks the game is a big bore.

btw I wasn't kidding about the ending .Even people who profess to loving the game tell me the same thing.

I already uninstalled and deleted. :pinch:

I'm fixing to start GTA4. Perhaps after that I'll give Fallout3 another shot.

edit - OK, I've reinstalled it an started over as you've peaked my curiosity. :sneaky:

Tell me though, is there any need to be toting around all this "Misc" stuff? Lead pipes, cameras, batteries, etc? I keep going over weight.

Bob Villa
12-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I just started today. All the chit chat can be a little boring... otherwise the visuals are cool.

Skiz
12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I've learned to just read it my self, rather than listen to those mongoloids say it themselves. You can click the left mouse button to skip to the next line.

IdolEyes787
12-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Tell me though, is there any need to be toting around all this "Misc" stuff? Lead pipes, cameras, batteries, etc? I keep going over weight.

If you collect certain things and your skill level is high enough and you've found the necessary blueprints and you've found a workbench you can build some pretty impressive weapons .

So the answer is no.:lol:

Or just press the ~ (tilda) key and type tgm(the god mode)and carry to your heart's content.

Skiz
12-18-2008, 02:04 PM

That ending was shit. I feel like the game just stopped suddenly and a film was shown. I thought that by choosing to insert the FEV myself, I had chosen to end the game, so I went back and made the woman do it, and the game still ends. :dry:

I thought there was a lot of game left still...

IdolEyes787
12-18-2008, 02:24 PM
They should tell you that you need to save before you commit to the final quest because there's really no way to detour from the end.Autosave for the fail.

About the ending you can try to get other ones but they only differ significantly if you play as both a "good" and bad "character".Not worth the bother just watch them on youtube.

Darth_Duane
12-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Spent 60+ hours on this game. One of my all time favorites to be sure. Blowing peoples heads off in VATS is just to much fun ;).

h0r1a
12-23-2008, 06:09 PM
good game!

orcutt989
12-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Playing it now.

Never thought of that, great quote.

The game rocks. I especially love how you aren't superbly-rewarded for being good. Personally, you will be surprised of all of the caps you will acquire from opening locks and pick pocketing. HINT: Kill everyone in Tenpenny tower, its a freaking goldmine. My Megaton house is lined with TONS of booze.

llama85
12-30-2008, 12:31 AM
I liked it, but it sortof ended all of the sudden, and then it didnt let me keep playing. If i would have known it was ending, i would have played more of the side quests first.

AWESOMENess
12-30-2008, 03:58 AM
I would also like it to if it would not lag when I play it

ggsir
12-30-2008, 09:24 PM
I just played it for a while, it surprised me...after all, it is entirely different compared to Fallout 1& 2

extreme29
12-31-2008, 03:20 AM
best game ever:yup:

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 09:55 AM
really great game if you find some texture and gameplay mods :).

I installed the mod where when you finish you can still free roam. Awesome.

Vash999
01-03-2009, 07:15 AM
If you get that mod tho, combine it with the clean water one. Kinda nice to see the results of your work ;)

Also, when you're adding mods, there's a couple radio ones (the mutant talk radio and the expanded GNR) that are well worth the download time

A great game tho, even without that. Can't wait for the DLC (the third one looks like it has a continue after the end storyline

lostdemon
01-03-2009, 12:28 PM
From all the good reviews I heard about this game I was anxious to play it.

I played for a few hours and didn't like it at all so i threw the gaem away.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way but I gave it a shot.

rosti
01-07-2009, 11:05 PM
From all the good reviews I heard about this game I was anxious to play it.

I played for a few hours and didn't like it at all so i threw the gaem away.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way but I gave it a shot.

How far did you get?
I'm finding the character development very rewarding... Playing a sniper and trying to go through using as little ammo as possible :)

habo
01-08-2009, 02:05 PM
good game!

chincha´s
01-09-2009, 11:12 AM
i started to play, but I already uninstalled
bad game:(

HeatSeeker4
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM
It was alright besides the fact that the game play was incredibly slow. If your into RPG's that take a lot of time, its alright, I ended up cheating, even with unlimited health, ammo, weapons and armour, it was still a pretty hard, long game.

engmahmost
01-11-2009, 06:10 PM
good game but i cant finish :(

bestps14
01-17-2009, 11:16 PM
good game!

7th
01-18-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm playing for a bunch of hours now but it's getting boring... It's a good game but "over hyped" in my opinion... Many things I didn't like in oblivion are still there =/

SonsOfLiberty
01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
The game istslef is over 100 hours.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3

I've played through twice, cannot wait for the DLC's and after all that I stil missed shit. It is one of the best games I ever plyaed, I don't like talking to people either, but after awhile it wasn't that bad.

FileZ
01-20-2009, 07:02 PM
this game bored me to tears, turned it off after i got to the first town, waste of b/w.

+1 i removed it after half hour of playing

7th
01-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Ok, I finished the game today and I know that there much more to do in the game but I really don't like it. I don't feel like playing it anymore.

I think I didn't like the level up system or something =/

norguy
01-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Was like oblivion, very nice for the first 10 hours. Then it got boring with all the running around and weak quests

Honogurai
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Awesome game!!

SonsOfLiberty
01-28-2009, 03:24 AM
Operation Anchorage Released

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/info/opanc.html

Cabalo
01-28-2009, 04:19 AM
i didn't manage to understand, but this is also available for windows ?

nice concept art:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/art/fallout3concept/concept02B.jpg

7th
01-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Yes, it is Cabalo. Now I don't know if you're talking about the expansion or the game itself. Anyway, if you're planning on play this game, I guess you won't like it unless you loved the Oblivion game, which is very similar. =/

SonsOfLiberty
01-28-2009, 04:41 PM
It is really a great game. Once you figure out who talks and who doesn't makes the game so much easier. I had so much fun, and I didn't like it while I was in the Vault and then I got out of the Vault and looked at my map and was like OK, wtf now. Strongly, strongly sugesst going straight to Megaton, think about the bomb and go from there. And choose wisely when you level up and same goes for perks, I standarized my guy, good a science (hacking) repair (if you want good guns you need this high) and picklocking (you really really want this high) but you don't need to go to 100 there are 10 or 20 books for each category that adds extra points.

It is truly an opne game as you see at the site. I'm on my 3rd playthrough, I've did all side quest almost and half way through the plot, and am awaiting on the DLC's before I complete it, the 3rd DLC removes the level up cap. Operation Anchorage was just released too.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3

Carrying 20 weapons including a Nuclear Launcher is just so fun.

i didn't manage to understand, but this is also available for windows ?

nice concept art:
http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/art/fallout3concept/concept02B.jpg

Yes....the game is available for Windows, Games For Windows

Here's the DLC
http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Live/Pages/f3operationanchorage.aspx

Cabalo
01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Yes, it is Cabalo. Now I don't know if you're talking about the expansion or the game itself. Anyway, if you're planning on play this game, I guess you won't like it unless you loved the Oblivion game, which is very similar. =/
yes, i finished the windows version. I love this game, truly outstanding.
Funny, this operation anchorage looks like a bit shoot'em up add-on to the game.

SonsOfLiberty
01-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Their are 2 more DLC's after that :)

Blade__
02-12-2009, 12:56 PM
good game!

ringo9500
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
very good game

dorgalam
02-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Just finished it, AWESOME GAME ended to shortly :{

Hobohodou
02-18-2009, 01:04 AM
argh ! the game has slowly taken over my life since moving house...I started it on PC...moved to Xbox and am awaiting my free copy on PC from a game store before i continue @-@

Impressions from it...it's a very large game/easy to get lost if you have a very bad sense of direction..even if you do have a compass ^^' took me over an hour to find the scrapyard...
And i love the games ability to save just before i'm about to die...so i can retry the area another 50 times frustrated >_>d

Love it...and can't wait to get my full copy and try the dlc

Col. Skillz
02-18-2009, 05:36 PM
fallout 3 is oblivion +10. im playing right now and havent enjoyed a game this much in a long time.

It basically fixed everything about oblivion i didn't like, and added in an awesome environment with my favorite genre of game, shooters.
the quests are fantastic, and never feel old. everything feels fresh, even after almost 3 days of me playing nonstop. the difficulty is just right, a bit harder than
most games IMO, which i usually find too easy. the hardest difficulty is also more balanced. add in awesome dungeons like librarys, walmarts, coke fatories, citys, rural
areas, gas statons, metros, all post apocalyptic.

PLAY THIS GAME

Louie
02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Pretty good game if you forget about Fallout 1 or 2;i like most the apocaliptic world as desing and atmosphere thats what hold you to play this otherwise the rpg and shooter part got a lot of flaws.

SonsOfLiberty
02-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 were by most critics great for it's time.

Col. Skillz
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Pretty good game if you forget about Fallout 1 or 2;i like most the apocaliptic world as desing and atmosphere thats what hold you to play this otherwise the rpg and shooter part got a lot of flaws.

I don't think it has a lot of flaws. I think the role playing aspect was done really, really well. The shooting aspect isn't meant to be like a typical fps, so if you're expecting that you will be disappointed. You are meant to make use of Vats pretty often, reminds of mass effect really, where it's not so much about reflexes and fps skill, but how well you've designed your character. I personally spend most of my time out of VATS, with an automatic rifle or Lincolns repeater, just to keep up the pace and add some difficulty.

My main qualm is with sniping. I can seem to get good headshots lined up from far away, and if you hit their body it's unlikely you'll kill them, and guaranteed you'll alert the camp. They should have either had an advanced vats for sniping, or fixed the damage + crit outside of vats. sniper is fine from mid range (with headshots) but at that range id rather use lincoln's repeater.

The enemy AI can also detect you fromr eally far away unless you're sneaking. a lot of the times they wont show up on your radar before it's too late, so meh (at least for a pereption of 7)

SonsOfLiberty
02-19-2009, 10:39 PM

I don't think it has a lot of flaws. I think the role playing aspect was done really, really well. The shooting aspect isn't meant to be like a typical fps, so if you're expecting that you will be disappointed. You are meant to make use of Vats pretty often, reminds of mass effect really, where it's not so much about reflexes and fps skill, but how well you've designed your character. I personally spend most of my time out of VATS, with an automatic rifle or Lincolns repeater, just to keep up the pace and add some difficulty.

My main qualm is with sniping. I can seem to get good headshots lined up from far away, and if you hit their body it's unlikely you'll kill them, and guaranteed you'll alert the camp. They should have either had an advanced vats for sniping, or fixed the damage + crit outside of vats. sniper is fine from mid range (with headshots) but at that range id rather use lincoln's repeater.

The enemy AI can also detect you fromr eally far away unless you're sneaking. a lot of the times they wont show up on your radar before it's too late, so meh (at least for a pereption of 7)

If you can get a perk called "Light Step" and you can run and it doesn't take in effect for the enemy seeing you unless you right on them :) I can be fairly close and kneel down and be in full stealth without a stealth boy.... I'm at 100 right now with stealth suit and playing on very hard. And it's very easy to snipe, not without VATS from far away, but it's doable. You can wear "gear" to make you perception go up...ie..hat,bobbelheads, etc...

Just visit the Fallout 3 Wikia :)

LURTZ
02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Spent 30+ hours on this game
BEST GAME EVER !

SonsOfLiberty
03-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Seems the PITT should be coming soon, no official date, they just released a patch yesterday.

Update 1.4 Notes (PC and Xbox 360)

New Features

New achievements for The Pitt

Support for multiple downloadable content

twist off
03-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Seems the PITT should be coming soon, no official date, they just released a patch yesterday.

New Features

I thought that release date for The Pitt is 3/24/09...

Overlord
03-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Man those update notes are disappointing... I was hoping they would have some more stability fixes in this update. You would think that an update that's strictly for DLC wouldn't have such a huge jump in version numbers like 1.1->1.4.

SonsOfLiberty
03-05-2009, 09:16 PM

New Features

There is still no official release date, no one knows.

twist off
03-06-2009, 02:25 AM

There is still no official release date, no one knows.

http://cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-3-The-Pitt-Screenshots-Release-Date-15871.html

http://www.gamecyte.com/fallout-3-dlc-the-pitt-gets-release-date-new-screens

Pretty sure its March 24th.

SonsOfLiberty
03-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Hmm, I wonder why no mainstream sites or even XBL for that matter has released the info, hell the main Fallout site doesn't even mention it.

twist off
03-06-2009, 01:30 PM
The confirmation officially came out yesterday, so now its being posted everywhere... Including GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/sidebar/909182374/26802100/fallout-3-hits-the-pitt-march-24.html).

SonsOfLiberty
03-06-2009, 03:39 PM
The confirmation officially came out yesterday, so now its being posted everywhere... Including GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/sidebar/909182374/26802100/fallout-3-hits-the-pitt-march-24.html).
I see :shifty: