PDA

View Full Version : HDBits goes on sale

bt234
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
25% off on all downloads - 10/11/08

We've noticed that far too many people are wasting money on servers. Torrents are all about using multiple home users' connections to give you as much speed as you need. To hopefully help people to download more than they normally would/could anything you download only counts as 75% to your total.

Disks (Blu-ray/HD DVD) will continue to be 50% as they have been for quite a while, and of course free leech torrents are still 0%

-----

I think this is a great idea, because the rapid spread of seedboxes has taken the heart out of the swarm. I personally decided to stop using seedboxes because I feel they are contrary to p2p sharing. Good job HDBits, hopefully more sites make rules to encourage home users rather than more OVH resellers.

Cabalo
11-10-2008, 03:38 PM
excellent. some torrents there are a bitch to seed, but i would not spend money on a seedbox cuz of a tracker, i manage just perfectly to survive with my home connection.

crimsoncrow
11-10-2008, 03:48 PM
I whole-heartedly agree with this decision ... hopefully, it'll encourage more downloads on the larger torrents.

athenaesword
11-10-2008, 03:57 PM
i hope they keep it perm... gonna get my hdd only end of this month. i think it's been long overdue.. this'll encourage ppl to stop bookmarking and waiting for FL.

yayyyyyy
11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
this'll encourage ppl to stop bookmarking and waiting for FL.

this will encurage people to upload less

blah

Vitality
11-10-2008, 05:43 PM
gr8 will be joining soon

TheGood
11-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I think this is a great idea, because the rapid spread of seedboxes has taken the heart out of the swarm. I personally decided to stop using seedboxes because I feel they are contrary to p2p sharing. Good job HDBits, hopefully more sites make rules to encourage home users rather than more OVH resellers.
well, this may lower dl speeds.

saimer
11-10-2008, 10:17 PM

glad to know that i'm not alone. :D

it is a great news, indeed.

hof
11-10-2008, 10:41 PM
great news :)

1000possibleclaws
11-10-2008, 11:10 PM
well, this may lower dl speeds.

I'm not sure how this would lower dl speeds. I mean do you think all seedbox users will stop seeding at hdbits because of this? It's more to help non-seedbox users, because the ones who are using servers will make up the extra 25%

Albo Da Kid
11-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Good news. I will probably download more often form now on.

TheGood
11-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm not sure how this would lower dl speeds. I mean do you think all seedbox users will stop seeding at hdbits because of this? It's more to help non-seedbox users, because the ones who are using servers will make up the extra 25%
yeah, that makes sense now.

merwais
11-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Very Good News !
Top HD site on the net.

Aliyans
11-10-2008, 11:58 PM
if SCT follow same way too..it wont happen i know..

1000possibleclaws
11-11-2008, 12:04 AM

are you joking, or am i just reading that wrong? :blink:

Dithersky
11-11-2008, 12:08 AM

havent that already happened?

Cabalo
11-11-2008, 01:25 AM
:blink: at which planet do you live ?

puckface
11-11-2008, 02:17 AM

marklar

EDIT: on topic so I don't get yelled at, HDBits has become the tracker I use 85% of the time, this is good to see from them. Every little bit helps.

athenaesword
11-11-2008, 11:51 AM

marklar

EDIT: on topic so I don't get yelled at, HDBits has become the tracker I use 85% of the time, this is good to see from them. Every little bit helps.

yeah 90% of the stuff i have on the computer's from hdbits. prolly just because the file sizes are so huge.

this will encurage people to upload less

blah

i don't think so. most people i know keep whatever they've got on the computer seeding all the time. there's no reason to do otherwise. it just hurts your ratio less when you download, hence allowing you more capacity to download.

in the long run, yes there's a possibility that people would feel the need to upload less and result in more or less the pre-25%discount situation, kinda like the Classical Dichotomy in Economics. It's unlikely though. if anything, hdbits seems to have the highest longevity of torrents (huge sized ones at that) of all the trackers I'm at.

and don't forget, more snatchers = less % of those snatchers required to seed, so even if more ppl don't seed, the number of actual seeders may still remain the same. this's of course if 25% is the magic number. they might have to tweak that based on the response to the site.

forthat
11-12-2008, 09:06 AM
man that was a good idea.........