PDA

View Full Version : For those who have e****, waffles or what

clos
11-10-2008, 09:23 PM
I pose the question as to which music tracker you prefer?

I love waffles for music (and apps). Also they're articles are pretty interesting.

I had What but I dumped it a while a go because I never used it; now I hear that they have over 300,000 torrents (however I also hear that they have lots of dupes, and looser upload requirements). Any What.cd fans out there?

E**** I haven't made an attempt to get. How hard/easy is it to seed there compared to other music trackers? Also if I'm not that into loseless music, would I still like it for other reasons?

edit - didn't realize e**** was so 1337 that it gets an automatic name bleep :P

DuDutchy
11-10-2008, 09:30 PM
What.cd is all I need. It rocks!!

danio
11-10-2008, 09:34 PM
well in my honest opinion, what.cd has surpassed waffles by far and is now the superior music tracker.. both in terms of content and thanks to how gazelle organizes things in a way i like very much. but to all the waffles lovers, don't get me wrong, i still think waffles is very good though.

regarding the dupes, i've never found any. but of course i haven't checked through all 307,884 torrents so there could be some :)

e**** is all about lossless music. 100% of their content is lossless afaik, so if you're not into that, e**** is not for you.

addiction
11-10-2008, 09:34 PM
What.cd is all I need. It rocks!!

I support this affirmation!

ben99
11-10-2008, 09:39 PM
you forgot to mention pedro's, although since you don't like lossless both that and e* are useless for you.

Regarding mp3 formats, what.cd is far superior in grouping and in the number of torrents as well as the number of seeders. This is probably due to the fact that it has about twice the amount of users.

bebytza
11-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Waffles is the best!!!

sheriff 01
11-10-2008, 09:47 PM
All 3 are excellent, its just a matter of preference thats all.
for me i like waffles because of the layout and the content but for lossless you would
probably be best suited with e****

Trippin'
11-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Out of the three, I only have what. I couldn't be happier with the content it offers, and as long as it is around I wont be attempting to find a way into any other music tracker. :)

TheGood
11-10-2008, 09:58 PM
This is probably due to the fact that it has about 3 times more users.
Your math is off.

slymester
11-10-2008, 10:01 PM
What is all I have and is all I need :D

Night0wl
11-10-2008, 10:03 PM
If you prefer lossy music then What is probably the way to go. I like proper lossless, so I need all of them, but it's on Waffles that I'm most active, both tracker and site wise.

As for which are my preferred I'd say Waffles>Pedro's>E>What (But again that's because I want proper lossless)

ben99
11-10-2008, 10:04 PM
This is probably due to the fact that it has about 3 times more users.
Your math is off.

yes you are right and I edited my post to reflect that. I, for some reason unknown to me, thought that there was more users at what than there actually was. Honest mistake.

Skiz
11-11-2008, 12:19 AM
I have all three and prefer What.cd over any of the others. It has a great layout and is very easy to navigate and search. Not to mention the enormous selection.

Waffles would be at the bottom of the list for me. Far too many FLAC albums which don't cut the mustard, as well as a cluttered layout that can make searching for an individual MP3 album a tedious and time consuming task.

E**** can be a great source, but not at all if you're only into modern music. If modern stuff is your preference, skip E**** altogether. I like it for all the classic rock, myself. Of you're into Jazz or classical, there is also a lot in those categories to offer as well.

JUSTAGUY
11-11-2008, 01:50 AM
Waffles is the best(layout is awesome)
E**** is good if you like old stuff/flac formatbut i like Pedro's BT better.
whatcd is good (hate the site format)

Side note i do like E**** for there forum invite request to other trackers no scamming there:happy:

Waffles wins my vote.:D

TheGood
11-11-2008, 04:59 AM
I have all three and prefer What.cd over any of the others. It has a great layout and is very easy to navigate and search. Not to mention the enormous selection.

Waffles would be at the bottom of the list for me. Far too many FLAC albums which don't cut the mustard, as well as a cluttered layout that can make searching for an individual MP3 album a tedious and time consuming task.

what's so difficult about searching on waffles?

Skiz
11-11-2008, 06:46 AM

what's so difficult about searching on waffles?

It isn't "difficult", persay; just unorganized.

For example: I was looking for a Cross Canadian Ragweed album the other day but didn't know the name. I went to What.cd and located the album straight away by simply putting the artists name in the "Artist" search box. All albums were listed chronologically and every file type and quality was listed with respect each album, so I didn't have to search for what quality options were available. It was quick, easy, and all right in front of me.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/8766/whatwu4.th.jpg (http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatwu4.jpg)http://img129.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

With Waffles, the only option is to search key words. By searching the artists name again, I get a variety of results. Those results are not in chronological order, album order, nor any other distinguishable order whatsoever, thus I am forced to read every single torrent name until I find what I'm looking for.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/7048/wafflesko7.th.jpg (http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wafflesko7.jpg)http://img379.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Now take that Cross Canadian Ragweed is not even a group that most people have ever heard of. Try searching for a mainstream band like Metallica that turns up hundreds of results and try finding a torrent that you're looking for by reading an arbitrary list of torrent names. Now, again, compare that to What.cd where there is a perfect listing of torrents.

There really is no comparison.

HighRoller99
11-11-2008, 07:17 AM
what.cd is where its at. no one leeches at waffles unless its FL

tX
11-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Don't know where people claiming waffles has more FLAC than what get their stats

51544 from waffles verses 72986 from what

And last waffles FL, I tried to replace some albums that I didn't have in FLAC with FLAC. I found most were poorly seeded if at all.

torax34
11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
What tops in quantity, BT in quality, waffles is in the middle between those two. Not a member at E**** so can't compare it.

ketan
11-11-2008, 01:52 PM
i don't have music tracker but a while ago luckly i had an invite for what.cd,
just one night i surfed in it and honestly i should admit that it was wonderful as i see.
but i am angry with them because they disabled my acc. without using it.

athenaesword
11-11-2008, 02:27 PM
what works for me. like skizo said, the organization and layout is just awesome. finding stuff is simply hasslefree. especially with the older artistes with tonnes of albums, the clustering of different quality rips of the same album really makes things so much easier to find. it's just annoying when u're searching for something elsewhere and different qualities of the same album are littered all over the place int he search results.

used to be what and waffles were equivalent, but in recent months, what has taken the lead no doubt. waffles just seems to concentrate on less impt things that a new site should be going into, like articles and such. what focussed on improving the tracker, and that paid off. besides, waffles point system just doesn't do it for me; trackers should try to keep it simple. if you want points, a simple bonus system should be suffice.

crooked
11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
but i am angry with them because they disabled my acc. without using it.

Perhaps this was the reason? :blink:

I have Waffles and What from the trackers you mention in the Topic.

First I have to say:

I am using What.CD

Why?
That's simple. I'm usin an old verison of utorrent, because 3 of my main trackers don't support the new versions. Waffles does only allow very few version of any torrent client, that's why i can't leech and upload there.

At What, I can use my prefered version of utorrent, the style is very nice, has lots of content, good overview, nice searching bar.

Recently, I don't leech from What very often, because i don't like FLAC and I archive Scene Music only (Of course with some exceptions).
But sometimes, I'm uploading my scene torrents there because I really like this tracker..

I don't have E****, so I cannot compare it to others.

(1.softmp3,SCC,FTP)
2. What
3. Waffles
(4. Libble)

hitman51
11-11-2008, 05:21 PM
yea I only use two out of those 3 if u don't like lossless then don't force yourself to like it

alcoholik
11-11-2008, 06:00 PM
i love waffles :) and i like what for the 300 000 torrents they have :)

11-11-2008, 06:05 PM
what.cd keeps me happy still i wouldnt say no to e****

Der0
11-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Waffles realy is on the top in my personal list.

Pris
11-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I have waffles.what-cd and stmusic. i use more stmusic that wf and what..never had e****

joni22
11-11-2008, 07:47 PM
What is all I have and is all I need :D
:yup:

Brood_Star
11-11-2008, 09:02 PM
what for mainstream indie/metal shit and rapidshare for the very obscure

if either fails there's always soulseek

flac difference is very marginal and it's not like the majority of users have amazing headphone output or speaker systems

esp when stuff like blind cable tests prove sound quality is often indistinguishable (so called "higher quality" cables were tested and participants were asked to identify which were higher quality, no one could recognize the difference)

aaatoel
11-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I think that all three of them are great trackers. I prefer waffles because of its strong community but I understand why people prefer what.cd more. It has more peers, more torrents and it is a little easier to seed back to. As for e*, it is a tracker I love, with a community you will not find very easily in any other tracker. Great members and absolutely perfect rips. If you are not interested in jazz, classic rock and generally not very modern stuff, then e* is not the place for you. Pedro's is also great with many uploads, equally great quality but I don't find the same warm feeling in there as I do in e*.

lhnz
11-12-2008, 02:44 AM
How's this for an endorsement.
I used to be staff on Waffles (a moderator), and a couple of months back I asked to have my account disabled and moved to What.CD. In my honest opinion, if you're interested in music, it's the best place to be.

athenaesword
11-12-2008, 04:58 AM
I used to be staff on Waffles (a moderator), and a couple of months back I asked to have my account disabled and moved to What.CD. In my honest opinion, if you're interested in music, it's the best place to be.
er.
firstly, they're not mutually exclusive, so I don't see your point.
2ndly, yeah. right.

tX
11-12-2008, 09:14 AM
er.
2ndly, yeah. right.

He really was staff
See him around the what.cd forums a ton these days

wish
11-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Well I'm a member of what. It's really good music site.

kyrcer
11-12-2008, 12:28 PM
if you have pedro, you don't need more about flac.

lhnz
11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
er.
2ndly, yeah. right.Whether or not they're mutually exclusive is beyond the point. The OP asked which site was better so I told him.

As the other guy has said: I'm not lying, so take your smirk somewhere else please.

nemrac
11-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Both What and Waffles are great sites. Waffles is quite simple to use and has a good bonus system. What is a bit more confusing you use, but once you get the hang of it, the gazelle system is awesome. The cross referencing to other similar artists is out of this world.

dragoi
11-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I like what.cd more it has all that I need .

Night0wl
11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
if I have pedro, I don't need more about flac.

//fixed

I just said a few pages back, that I need them all for FLAC. So no need to answer for me.

I find more albums that I want on Waffles, than I do on Pedro's, and even less on E and What (At least when it comes to proper, for that last one).

Funkin'
11-12-2008, 05:38 PM
if you have pedro, you don't need more about flac.

Pedro's is my favorite music site by far. But I wouldn't mind having E to double my lossless content. There is some albums that Pedro's doesn't have at the moment, and E might.

But anyways, when Pedro's doesn't have the lossless album that I'm looking for(which hasn't happened a whole lot, mostly with older jazz my searches at Pedro's have sometimes came up empty) then that is when I have to resort to What. They'll usually have the FLAC I'm looking for. But that's really the only time I download from either What or Waffles.

And I'm always wary about the quality from the shit I down from there. Something I never have to worry about at Pedro's(and I'm sure I wouldn't have to worry about it at E if I ever get in, since a lot of uploaders at Pedro's are uploaders at E, and vice versa).

clos
11-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Last night I noticed that invites on waffles were open for about an hour, and they closed before I was able to send my friend one >.<

What is the invite system like on What? Could someone throw me an invite, or is it something I need to trade for?

danio
11-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Last night I noticed that invites on waffles were open for about an hour, and they closed before I was able to send my friend one >.<

What is the invite system like on What? Could someone throw me an invite, or is it something I need to trade for?

you never NEED to trade for invites :P, but this is the wrong section for asking for invites. try the invite sections.

clos
11-12-2008, 08:14 PM

you never NEED to trade for invites :P

Agreed, but in terms of other trackers how hard/easy is it to get an account on what?

Night0wl
11-12-2008, 09:47 PM

A lot harder with your BT rep showing, which seems to me has a trading past. And having included that last bit in your post just made it worse.

colbert
11-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks to Gazelle, What is a notch above Waffles, but Waffles is still pretty good. I have no idea about E****.

edit: lhnz was staff on waffles at one time as he says

lhnz
11-12-2008, 11:56 PM
you never NEED to trade for invites :P

Agreed, but in terms of other trackers how hard/easy is it to get an account on what?It's not too hard. They're trying to get as many users as possible (in order to reach the activity level that OiNK once had). Invites are open all the time, although the only people with invites are generally only those that have uploaded at least one torrent.

If you don't know anybody with an invite then you can be interviewed on bitrate/encoding topics and somebody will invite you for free. No trades or anything! :)
Just read here: http://www.ehow.com/how_4555923_official-whatcd-invite-knowing-anyone.html

Since you say you're in Waffles you probably have the required knowledge to get in. I'd have a go if I was you.

b1oodyh3ll
11-13-2008, 03:33 AM
i haven't tried waffles, but from what i hear. what.cd is much easier to get in their admins can be dicks and full of themselfs. What.cd has more selection but whaffles has a better slection. Correct me if i am wrong.

thelonius
11-13-2008, 05:54 AM
i have waffles only. i like it, but there are a lot of more rare albums that i haven't been able to find on it that i would have had no problem finding on oink. so i'm out to get a what invite, hoping that the two of them combined will give me more luck with searches.

tX
11-13-2008, 09:33 AM
i haven't tried waffles, but from what i hear. what.cd is much easier to get in their admins can be dicks and full of themselfs. What.cd has more selection but whaffles has a better slection. Correct me if i am wrong.

What's the difference between a bigger selection and a better selection? One has better songs? that's really a matter of opinion anyway :huh:

Night0wl
11-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure he's talking about proper rips (FLAC/LOG/CUE) of the music he's into.

kranium
11-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Interesting.

I use both. Good selections at both trackers - they actually "cross-pollinate" torrents from each other a fair bit, TBH. The staff at both sites are fine. Personally I prefer Waffles layout & community - it feels more tight-knit, and gazelle does nothing for me. But that's just my opinion.

I look at them this way: What is more like Demonoid; Waffles is more like OiNK. Don't believe me? Check back in a year or two.

TheGood
11-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Interesting.

I use both. Good selections at both trackers - they actually "cross-pollinate" torrents from each other a fair bit, TBH. The staff at both sites are fine. Personally I prefer Waffles layout & community - it feels more tight-knit, and gazelle does nothing for me. But that's just my opinion.

I look at them this way: What is more like Demonoid; Waffles is more like OiNK. Don't believe me? Check back in a year or two.
i agree with you :)

kelfa
11-14-2008, 12:03 AM
What is far ahead of waffles imo. I'm a member of both, and there are many things I find on what that are not on waffles. Also the gazelle layout is amazing and keeps everything organized so well. Both good sites tho.

ap47
11-14-2008, 12:38 AM
I prefer Waffles over What. The community is imo better and I seem to find more rarities there (i guess this depends a bit on what music you're into though).

On paper, the 100k extra torrents on What seems like a lot, but when looking at the amount of V0 and FLAC rips there really isn't a huge difference. Seems like What has more CBR and <V0 VBR rips, which really doesn't add any value for me. Also, there are more dupes and bad rips on What.

Still, I use What quite a lot, they complement each other really well. Can't say anything about E****...

sceneA
11-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Both what and waffles are good and have almost similar content imo but i like waffles for its community and its layout is one of the best..

Skiz
11-14-2008, 07:20 AM
I forgot to add that I don't give a flying fook about the "communities" of any of the trackers. I just use the aforementioned sites to steal files.

invadercat
11-14-2008, 07:54 AM
i prefer what.... i like the site. and usually i can find what i want from what. waffles is good but i think what is better.

Peanut
11-14-2008, 10:11 AM
I remember Oink, My favorite site of all time ... Lovely community , lovely seeds ,
and the best thing about Oink, it had every thing,to the newest to the rarest music in general, it had every thing that i needed,
-RIP I sure miss it,

I never had the chance to get in to waffles nor What //
I use STM for music even thou , most of the time they dont got what am looking for ...:whistling:fst:

tX
11-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Waffles and what are quite different
Waffles forums are largely dominated by a group of regulars. Everyone else would have trouble posting or feeling home there. I looked and didn't even know where to start.

What forums, on the other hand, are much larger and easier to get into (I find)

joni22
11-14-2008, 01:16 PM
I remember Oink, My favorite site of all time ... Lovely community , lovely seeds ,
and the best thing about Oink, it had every thing,to the newest to the rarest music in general, it had every thing that i needed,
-RIP I sure miss it,

I never had the chance to get in to waffles nor What //
I use STM for music even thou , most of the time they dont got what am looking for ...:whistling:fst:
Oink - RIP :cry:

clos
11-14-2008, 01:41 PM
How easy do you find it is to upload on what?

Shafter
11-15-2008, 09:03 PM
I forgot to add that I don't give a flying fook about the "communities" of any of the trackers. I just use the aforementioned sites to steal files.

you made me do a lol, no Christmas card this year? :P

Been a while, hope all is well.

Skiz
11-25-2008, 10:55 AM

you made me do a lol, no Christmas card this year? :P

Been a while, hope all is well.

Well look what the cat drug in! :O

Twas nothing personal obviously, I just don't enjoy the average torrent crowd. Besides, this board takes up enough of my time already.

How goes it with you btw? What are you doing with your extra time now that you've given up modulating? :whistling

waki
11-25-2008, 03:05 PM
E**** I haven't made an attempt to get. How hard/easy is it to seed there compared to other music trackers? Also if I'm not that into loseless music, would I still like it for other reasons?

1. a lot easier
2. don't think so

Catcher
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
What, with over 300K torrents what more can you ask?

piratebot
11-25-2008, 03:53 PM
What, with over 300K torrents what more can you ask?
less dupes?

jaszypoo
11-25-2008, 05:09 PM
pancake revolution! ;) I mean uh, waffles! heh

Kyl3KK
11-25-2008, 08:03 PM
OMGZ Shafter!

i can has E inv?!
i can trade u lvl 9000 acc
!!!

respawn40
11-25-2008, 08:07 PM
OMGZ Shafter!

i can has E inv?!
i can trade u lvl 9000 acc
!!!

I have a (wait for it...) OVER 9000!!! lvl account that I'll trade for it :01: OVER 9000!!! lvl is obviously better than a lvl 9000 :rolleyes:

buggyfresh
11-25-2008, 08:27 PM
All the trackers mentioned umpteen times in this thread are good

what - more torrents, way better organisation (e.g. artist page, auto-archiving, easier to upload formats etc), easier forums for n00bs to get active in, more freq. free leech than waffles, no point system, easy on ratio

waffles - FLAC team who guarantee album quality, very regular music articles with artist interviews etc, sometimes interesting competitions (stoopid avatar rules though), unique if not inspiring point system, ratio more difficult to earn

the others - best quality FLAC rips w/album art (great for archiving)

Elpigle
11-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I Only have What.cd

:(

chipz
11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
e**** website address? i can't find it, thanks

Crutavv
11-26-2008, 12:50 PM
e**** website address? i can't find it, thanks

here is link (http://www.wiiwii.tv/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/congratulations-idiot.gif) mate ;)

chipz
11-26-2008, 01:10 PM
i hope you will be banned soon... i mean e**** website, not other things
if someone can send here the link, thanks

Crutavv
11-26-2008, 01:42 PM
i hope you will be banned soon...

thx :)

seriously...
man, chill, here is no reason you know this adress till you are member there... can you get it? this is imperscriptible rule about all trackers, private means private...

Night0wl
11-27-2008, 01:26 AM

I'll give you a piece of golden advice.

Stop chasing a name, that can't be used for anything, drawing attention to a site of which, if you keep this up, you will never ever be a member of.

Be active on the trackers you have, that have lossless rips. I don't mean just download and seed but actually go out of your way to provide content. Never ever refer to it as anything other than E. Everyone that needs to know knows what that means.

aaatoel
11-27-2008, 10:17 AM

I'll give you a piece of golden advice.

Stop chasing a name, that can't be used for anything, drawing attention to a site of which, if you keep this up, you will never ever be a member of.

Be active on the trackers you have, that have lossless rips. I don't mean just download and seed but actually go out of your way to provide content. Never ever refer to it as anything other than E. Everyone that needs to know knows what that means.

My sentiments exactly... If you are really interested in lossless music mate and don't care about the "level" of the tracker, then start downloading/uploading lossless torrents in other trackers (waffles, what, pedros) and eventually someone will notice your hard work and invite you. That simple :)