PDA

View Full Version : need help with hosting-ie

mike160
11-11-2008, 12:04 AM
hi :) i just got my hosting-ie vps setup am trying to access from my computer with windows xp remote desktop connection but every time i try to login it keeps saying make sure your user name and domain are correct can anyone please help me out :(:(

ahsan
11-11-2008, 01:10 AM
did u get the IP, username and password from hosting-ie?

mike160
11-11-2008, 01:19 AM
hi ahsan yes i got the ip username and password from hosting-ie but every time i use it useing my windows xp remote desktop connection to access the vps its saying make sure your user name and domain are correct and also i hear a beeping sound thats comeing out from inside the processor i have there vps raptor 3 with windows 2003 enterprise http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/77/

ahsan
11-11-2008, 01:43 AM
uhmmm... I use Remote desktop for my servers at other hosting sites, and works fine for me =S

i know its obvious, but sometimes we miss the fact that the password is case sensitive... are u typing in the password correctly...?

mike160
11-11-2008, 02:07 AM
yes am typing in the password correctly i done it like 15 times now and i get the same thing ever time i dont know now if its becaues i did not get any of the Plesk what ever that is

ahsan
11-11-2008, 02:10 AM
no, it couldnt be because of panel... i am using 4 dedicated servers, all have windows OS... and I access them using RDC.. works fine for me...

i would say, contact hosting-ie, maybe there is some mistake in the details they gave you

puckface
11-11-2008, 02:23 AM
Ummm, first question. Dont think I think youre dumb, but is it a windows VPS or is it linux?

ahsan
11-11-2008, 02:24 AM
Ummm, first question. Dont think I think youre dumb, but is it a windows VPS or is it linux?

well, he said.. its windows 2003 enterprise edition

puckface
11-11-2008, 02:26 AM

well, he said.. its windows 2003 enterprise edition

well, im asking if he is totally sure. they have been known to fuck up once or twice over there at hosting-ie

ericab
11-11-2008, 02:28 AM
:yay:

ahsan
11-11-2008, 02:29 AM
oh alrite.. i dont have any experience with hosting-ie :-D

puckface
11-11-2008, 02:36 AM
:yay:

profound.

mike160
11-11-2008, 03:19 AM
@ puckface well i ask them for a windows vps and also on the account details they email me has a login password and user name for remote desktop management console so i would think that they setup a windows vps for me

edit : i was reading this guide from microsoft on how to get started using remote desktop with windows xp http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx

and i notice that on step 4 were it saying click the remote tab select the allow users to connect remotely to this computer check box and then click ok i dont have that option on my computer all i see is the remote assistance option but notthing at the bottom like there pictures

itsme2003
11-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Mike,

I know quite a bit about Window Servers, but only physical servers that I have physical control of. I have not ever used a windows server at a webhost, or used a VPS account at a webhost.

I'm telling you that so that you will understand that the information that I am giving you is general in nature, but hopefully it will help.

.... i notice that on step 4 were it saying click the remote tab select the allow users to connect remotely to this computer check box and then click ok i dont have that option on my computer all i see is the remote assistance option but nothing at the bottom like there pictures

1) This does not apply to you. This is what someone would do on the server in order to make it so that someone could connect to it. The reason that you don't have that tab is that you have Windows XP Home instead of Windows XP Pro, but that is unrelated to the problem you are having.

2) Are you trying to get to the server via IP address, or via a server name?

3) If you really have tried this 15 times, it's possible that the account is locked. Windows allows you to set how many invalid login attempts occur before a lockout occurs and how long the lockout lasts. Perhaps some of your documentation will answer that for you.

4) Depending on how the server is setup, you may have just a username, or you may have a domain\username combination. If you have both a username and a domain, enter them as domain\username.

5) Although there are several things that could be going on, since you are being prompted for a password, there are three main possibilites.

a) You are reaching the wrong server. Perhaps they have given you the wrong IP address or name, or perhaps you are entering incorrectly, or perhaps they didn't set something up properly on their end and the packets are ending up going to the wrong server. It's also possible that the IP address contains a port number which you are not entering.

b) You are reaching the right server. In that case, either you are typing in the username or password wrong, or your account is locked, or your account is set up improperly.

c) It's possible (but not too likely) that some security software on your end is messing up the communications. While you are testing this, please disable everything like Norton, AVG, etc.

I would suggest carefully re-reading the welcome message again and look for any small thing that you might have missed. You could also open a ticket with them and have them give you exact instructions for accessing your server. Since it would be written differently than in the welcome email, perhaps it will highlight what is wrong.

All in all, since hosting-ie is a professional company, it's most likely that it's a problem on your end.

mr.Dman
11-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Did you happen to ping the Ip address?
It may not be online.

mike160
11-12-2008, 02:18 AM
mr.Dman whats is ping the Ip address and @ itsme2003 2) Are you trying to get to the server via IP address, or via a server name i am trying to get to the server via ip address with the windows xp home using remote desktop i wanted to ask whats a domain

ahsan
11-12-2008, 03:44 AM
^ to ping.. go to start > run and write "ping IP-ADDRESS of your server", without the " "... if it goes through, it means you server is online..

2) you have to connect from remote desktop using the IP address.. and where does it asks you to write the domain ??=S

mike160
11-12-2008, 08:58 PM
ping IP-ADDRESS went through so i guess its online but i still cant get in the server

andra
11-13-2008, 04:17 AM
Maby ask them for a new password ?

mike160
11-13-2008, 06:23 PM
thats what i am trying to do but its been about 4 days that i open a ticket at there site and they have not got back to me yet :(:cry:

andra
11-13-2008, 06:58 PM
I have the same problem right now. I did recive my loggin to my vps today 13 days after order.
I cant connect to my server from putty.
They dont answer my tickets. They dont answer on icq.

I hate this company.

mike160
11-13-2008, 07:14 PM
i just got now icq and i send them a im i hope they get back to me i spent around $56 on my vps and have not been able to use it yet :( am about to ask for my money back

ahsan
11-13-2008, 07:30 PM
mike.. did u get my e-mails? any luck ?

.. i just hate companies who lack in support.. fast Support is Must, atleast for me =)

andra
11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
i just got now icq and i send them a im i hope they get back to me i spent around $56 on my vps and have not been able to use it yet :( am about to ask for my money back

I have about 6 diffrent tickets opend now and they just dont care. I cant understand wy they dont want to have happy custumers.

They did answer all my tickets before i did pay for the server but after no respons at all.

mike160
11-14-2008, 07:06 AM
@ ahsan what email are you taking about ? yes i got a reply from them today at night asking me if am still have this problem with the server i reply back yes still haveing this problem i hope i dont have to wait that long this time for a reply from them :(:cry:

pplush259
11-14-2008, 07:28 AM
i feel hosting ie is a bit lethargic while replying to tickets as evident above.

Syntax Error
11-14-2008, 11:02 AM
i talked to the support before , their rules are simple ... if you want support pay for higher level of support otherwise it will keep taking that long .
however , their servers are pretty fast and good .. only support is not good or not for free .

arkan
11-14-2008, 03:48 PM
they reply pretty well for dedicated servers..

some complicated issues might take more time to resolve but usually everything gets resolved in 1 -2 days.

jaszypoo
11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
@mike160 & andra;

I hope you guys can continue to update us with the support situation in this thread so we can all get a sense of their support system . Thanks

andra
11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
I hate this company and i did cansel my server 1 day before i did get it.

I understand that they dont have manage servers for free. But uf they setup my server wrong i dont think its ok to wait 2 days for a reply.

My vps is pretty bad. Its a shared gbit vps.
I think if the other users use heavy bw usage the harddrive is working to hard.

Syntax Error
11-14-2008, 08:20 PM
they reply pretty well for dedicated servers..

some complicated issues might take more time to resolve but usually everything gets resolved in 1 -2 days.

mine is dedicated and their support still not good ... but the server is pretty good ... for me i am staying with them for a long time as i am totally satisfied now with their server ... of course after waiting like half month to get every thing stable :unsure: .

mike160
11-14-2008, 11:02 PM
am so happy :D i just got in contact with one of the support teams from hosting-ie and they are going to reinstall my vps server they also tryed the password that was sent to me and user name and they were incorrect they said so i should be getting my new info 1-2 hours they told me :):D

eMoneyBags
11-14-2008, 11:38 PM
i've heard h-ie has icq support. is this true? if so what's the icq #? i've asked questions in multiple support tickets but none have been answered..

mr.Dman
11-15-2008, 12:16 AM
i've heard h-ie has icq support. is this true? if so what's the icq #? i've asked questions in multiple support tickets but none have been answered..
Look on the front page of this http://hosting-ie.com/ (http://hosting-ie.com/)
There is ICQ log on Information

Good luck

SeedBoxer
11-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Well I'm using dedic box from them
it is really good one, no downtimes so far
on my Gbit channel have about 20-30MB some times :)

As far i did notice nothing happens on weekends
they do react basically momentarily on hardware issues,
all the rest is not free
they still do help but not that fast

If you need some help
1. create an ticket (Not multiple ones thats against the rules so they won't like it :) )
2. if you see no answer for a long time update your ticket
2. Nook in to the ICQ support,
3. If you have dedicated Box ask for remote reset panel they give it for free, so if server is overloaded you can reboot it your self

My self i had just 2 issued during the last 6 months
ones Hdd was gone they do replace it in about 1 hour
and other I did ask for some extra IP's and I've got them in about 8 hours.

SO if you are not cranky person and do not expect them to do all your job you must be more than happy :)

cheers all

mike160
11-15-2008, 02:07 AM
well am happy :):D to say that they reinstall my vps server and they send me the new password now and i was now able to get in to my sever i think the best way to get help from them is through ICQ # 157782576 thats what i did to get help and it was fast and everything is good everything working on my vps :):D

ahsan
11-15-2008, 02:19 AM
nice to hear that mike.... do give us some update on speeds u can achieve on VPS...

cheers

jaszypoo
11-15-2008, 04:58 AM
Yep! let us know the ~speeds. Maybe it might be justifiable to just get a vps if you're low on quid. :lol:

eMoneyBags
11-15-2008, 08:43 AM

Good luck

thanks. one more question

.. does hosting-ie charge tax monthly? or is the tax just for the first month/setup fee?

jaszypoo
11-15-2008, 09:35 PM

Good luck

thanks. one more question

.. does hosting-ie charge tax monthly? or is the tax just for the first month/setup fee?

They charge you tax every month.

And jeebus, they upgraded a lot of stuff for their dedi intels. :pinch:

andra
11-16-2008, 04:50 PM
OK here we go again.

After about 1.2 weeks i did get my server. They did send me wrong ip and the server was not ready for loggin with ssh.
After 2 days they finaly helped me out and i was able to loggin .

No is my server down again. It have been down for about 24h now.
The only thing they did answer in my ticket was the sever will be online in 10min from now. This is 24h ago.

This company is not for real.

Spend your money on some other host ...

ahsan
11-16-2008, 05:36 PM
thanks for the updat andra...

i was thinking to try this company just to check their speeds (cuz some ppl are saying speeds are great), but I dont think so I will take the risk now... as there is too much setup fee
plus if the server doesnt work, whts the point..

mike160
11-16-2008, 07:53 PM
hi everyone am getting pretty good speeds with there vps right now am downloading 4 torrent with a lot of seeders and i got up to 10 MB/s on one torrent and upload speeds up to 3 MB/s so far and thats becaues the torrent that am downloading does not have that many leechers but alot of seeders and also there windows vps are pretty fast

jaszypoo
11-18-2008, 01:29 AM
Can anybody hook me up with hosting-ie's ICQ number? I can't seem to find it in their support page.

TIA

ahsan
11-18-2008, 01:46 AM
^ its on the bottom of their home page

it is : 157782576

cheers :)

jaszypoo
11-18-2008, 03:36 AM
^ its on the bottom of their home page

it is : 157782576

cheers :)

Thanks ahsan. Wasn't expecting it to be a picture. :whistling

ahsan
11-18-2008, 03:45 AM
:D ur welcome

winmac
11-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Is hosting-ie "VDS Raptor 1+" good? Is it fast?

And any reviews of it?

Thanks..
:D