PDA

View Full Version : Gazelle Coder

slayer2005
11-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Looking for some body who can code a tracker based on gazelle.
Please dont pm if you only think u no your way around gazelle.
Im looking for some body with experience who noes what there doing.

As some of you might remember i opened a thread a month ago asking members what they would want for a new tracker.
Well most have opted for a gazelle based tracker.
A dedicated tv/movie tracker witch is ratio free.
The time is nearly right.:)

Slayer

kooftspc11
11-11-2008, 07:13 AM

please dont start a thread if you only think u NO how to spell

OmaRin0
11-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I know nothing about gazzelle, but hope the best for ur new tracker :)

slayer2005
11-11-2008, 08:11 AM

please dont start a thread if you only think u NO how to spell

Thats a very helpful post well done to you.

RadiancE
11-11-2008, 04:15 PM
I dont want to dissapoint you, but there already are 2 movie trackers (well 1 upcoming) and 1 TV tracker on Gazelle. Only thing that differs from your 'vision' is ratio system.

wasaby
11-11-2008, 04:33 PM
me too,
Excuse me but what do you mean "based on gazelle tracker" ? is gazelle a thing that is like java platform or any other thing?

thanks in advance and good luck to you

danio
11-11-2008, 04:36 PM
me too,
Excuse me but what do you mean "based on gazelle tracker" ? is gazelle a thing that is like java platform or any other thing?

the php frontend you browse when visiting a tracker.. gazelle is a new one, most known and used is TBdev. if you haven't noticed already, what.cd for instance, looks pretty different from most other trackers because of their new code.

wasaby
11-11-2008, 06:24 PM
me too,

the php frontend you browse when visiting a tracker.. gazelle is a new one, most known and used is TBdev. if you haven't noticed already, what.cd for instance, looks pretty different from most other trackers because of their new code.
hmmm!
thanks a lot

kooftspc11
11-11-2008, 08:41 PM
me too,

no it doesnt

slayer2005
11-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I dont want to dissapoint you, but there already are 2 movie trackers (well 1 upcoming) and 1 TV tracker on Gazelle. Only thing that differs from your 'vision' is ratio system.

Yes there are many movie trackers and tv trackers.
But as you said there is no ratio free tracker using gazelle source.
And not many trackers in genral using the source.
How do you no are tracker wont be the bomb! :D
This is what we want to do and im very sure it will be popular.
Nearly everything is in place,its just the coder what is needed.

Yes i can put it on tbdev but theres no way im going to or want to.
I have adds out on rentacoder and also on project gazelle.

TheFoX
11-13-2008, 01:30 AM
What I would like to know is why would anyone specifically ask for one source over another?

Gazelle or TBDev (tbsource) provide roughly the same interface (torrent browser, forum interface and a few other bells). The backend can be a PHP based one or a C++ based one, depending on deployment.

It makes me laugh when some people propel Gazelle as the next big thing. It may be coded well, but nothing can beat a well honed script by an experienced coder, regardless whether it is based on Gazelle or TBDev.

So, back to my original question. Why Gazelle?

lukee
11-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Looking for some body who can code a tracker based on gazelle.
Im looking for some body with experience who noes what there doing.

As some of you might remember i opened a thread a month ago asking members what they would want for a new tracker.
Well most have opted for a gazelle based tracker.
A dedicated tv/movie tracker witch is ratio free.
The time is nearly right.:)

Slayer

Ah fuck not this guy.

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 04:28 AM

Because it looks good,it has a nice serch function and ive asked many people there feedback and they want it that way. :-)

The op can close this thread anytime they want,to many negitive bored people posting shit.

apextwin146
11-13-2008, 05:05 AM
The op can close this thread anytime they want,to many negitive bored people posting shit.
:lol::lol:

Cabalo
11-13-2008, 05:07 AM

Because it looks good,it has a nice serch function and ive asked many people there feedback and they want it that way. :-)

u were the first to post shit here.

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 05:27 AM

Yhea of course i was.
No i posted for somebody who noes there way around gazelle.
How is that shit you tosser?
Your obviously one of the bored people with fk all else to do...correct?

apextwin146
11-13-2008, 05:40 AM
I think wat he meant was that you are the OP :unsure:
So u can close it when u want to avoid giving us further chances to increase our post count by posting utter rubbish :smilie4:

Cabalo
11-13-2008, 05:55 AM

Yhea of course i was.

hmmm... i suspected... and i was correct... you are indeed a moron.:yup:

i fail to understand the meaning of your last post. "noes there" means you want someone that in not there coding in gazelle? wouldn't it be easier for you to get someone that coded gazelle when u want to build a gazelle tracker, instead having someone that is not there to code the tracker ? :ermm:

just trying to be helpful here, as i know for sure it will be an amazing and groundbreaking tracker that you are about to start! (did i forget to add "original" in the last sentence?)

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Yhea of course i was.

hmmm... i suspected... and i was correct... you are indeed a moron.:yup:

i fail to understand the meaning of your last post. "noes there" means you want someone that in not there coding in gazelle? wouldn't it be easier for you to get someone that coded gazelle when u want to build a gazelle tracker, instead having someone that is not there to code the tracker ? :ermm:

just trying to be helpful here, as i know for sure it will be an amazing and groundbreaking tracker that you are about to start! (did i forget to add "original" in the last sentence?)

But no you wasnt trying to be helpful one little bit.
You were trying to be a smart ass.
As i said you are very bored with nothing else to do in life except post smart ass usless posts.:)

Cabalo
11-13-2008, 06:06 AM
well, no matter what you think, i think that you should stick with TBdev.
i personally dislike gazelle. but now someone thought it was leeter to have gazelle cuz it means it's an even better site...

all tactics to attract noobs to the site, fill the spots, then close doors, then ban inactive ones, then try to climb at the WTAW thread, then use your invites as currency, while the site remains shit. And then say between "staff" that FST is shit and use it to hunt traders only.

plenty of those out there, don't bother to do yet another one for people to ignore it like the other ones are.

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 06:17 AM
i personally dislike gazelle. but now someone thought it was leeter to have gazelle cuz it means it's an even better site...

all tactics to attract noobs to the site, fill the spots, then close doors, then ban inactive ones, then try to climb at the WTAW thread, then use your invites as currency, while the site remains shit. And then say between "staff" that FST is shit and use it to hunt traders only.

plenty of those out there, don't bother to do yet another one for people to ignore it like the other ones are.

Thank your i appreciate your imput.:)

apextwin146
11-13-2008, 06:22 AM

what happened to the iloveit.cc or ifeelit.cc .?
The era of l33t sites is upon us where there is more emphasis on the Site design rather than the content these days ..
Though slayer best of luck .. Just keep in mind that have enuff content in it before going public ..

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 06:28 AM

The era of l33t sites is upon us where there is more emphasis on the Site design rather than the content these days ..
Though slayer best of luck .. Just keep in mind that have enuff content in it before going public ..

To be honest with you content is the most important thing to me.
Im not going to open untill i have around 2k of torrents.
Ive just filled a 1.5tb server up and just about to order another and probably 2 more.
Ive made the mistake b4 of opening a site with only 200 odd torrents and a partner/coder who cant be arsed fixing any bugs.

apextwin146
11-13-2008, 06:37 AM

Ive just filled a 1.5tb server up and just about to order another and probably 2 more.
Ive made the mistake b4 of opening a site with only 200 odd torrents and a partner/coder who cant be arsed fixing any bugs.
Seems to me like you have out some though into it .. Its a very nice idea to have atleast 2k torrents in it before going public and hope you stick to it .. Maybe u can open it up for Beta Testing once u reach 1k mark to check the load n all .. Since u would have servers try to use them for load testing ..
Also since its a TV tracker try to get some obscure TV packs from Rapidshare to give it a good start ; something related to Sci-Fi would be a
good like Phenomena ,paranormal world of Paul McKenna etc ...

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Seems to me like you have out some though into it .. Its a very nice idea to have atleast 2k torrents in it before going public and hope you stick to it .. Maybe u can open it up for Beta Testing once u reach 1k mark to check the load n all .. Since u would have servers try to use them for load testing ..
Also since its a TV tracker try to get some obscure TV packs from Rapidshare to give it a good start ; something related to Sci-Fi would be a
good like Phenomena ,paranormal world of Paul McKenna etc ...

tv and movie tracker m8.:)
It will be lots of movie and tv packs.
Plus all kinds of differant movie formats.
If it comes down to using tbdev i guess theres no other way round it but we shall see.

wheeloftime
11-13-2008, 09:14 AM
I think wat he meant was that you are the OP :unsure:
So u can close it when u want to avoid giving us further chances to increase our post count by posting utter rubbish :smilie4:

I think threads can only be closed by the OP in the trading sections not in this section.

Raban
11-13-2008, 09:37 AM
please give up your idea for creating ANOTHER tracker...

jayz707
11-13-2008, 10:05 AM
go ahead with your new tracker mate. it might be the next best thing, you never know :)

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 03:12 PM
go ahead with your new tracker mate. it might be the next best thing, you never know :)

Appreciate your words buddy.
It could be the next best thing.
You never no until you try right!:)

Ev0
11-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Genuine question here Slayer2005 but why is Superseed from here using the same email address as you on tbdev.net for VPS hosting he was offering on there?

Cabalo
11-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Genuine question here Slayer2005 but why is Superseed from here using the same email address as you on tbdev.net for VPS hosting he was offering on there?

oh oh oh... we have a million dollar question !

so, yet another superseed, OMFG...

bugs.bunny
11-13-2008, 03:43 PM
And now this thread gets interesting :lol:

OmaRin0
11-13-2008, 03:55 PM

Waiting for the answer!!

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 03:56 PM
That is because he rents his server from me as do a lot of people.
I think hes basicaly saying if u need a vps/server go see slayer2005.
That way he gets his cheaper.
lol in no way is superseed/vapourtorrents got anything and i do mean anything to do with this new tracker. :p

Cabalo
11-13-2008, 04:38 PM
that doesn't explain shit.
so because he rents the servers from you, superseed has the same email as you?

now now... that looks, sounds, smells fishy....

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 05:00 PM
that doesn't explain shit.
so because he rents the servers from you, superseed has the same email as you?

now now... that looks, sounds, smells fishy....

No your missing the point m8.
Hes adding my email like he has at the end of his msn.
He hasnt got the same email as me at all.:frusty:

Get who ever 1st posted this to take a screen shot then ul no what im on about.:-)

Ev0
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Get who ever 1st posted this to take a screen shot then ul no what im on about.:-)

Nah he's using his email as if he's you:)

http://i37.tinypic.com/a0850h.jpg

slayer2005
11-13-2008, 06:16 PM

Nah he's using his email as if he's you:)

http://i37.tinypic.com/a0850h.jpg

See what you mean now.kinda looks like im him :lol:
Will get him to change it.
Just to put you all right tho go to
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5 and look at andy who posts a lot and see his sig,you will see what i mean. :p

Rigel9
11-13-2008, 06:31 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6395/threadlovejj4.jpg

pone44
11-13-2008, 06:43 PM
There are so many sites already.There are too many new sites that are supposedly private but announced in here public for anyone to register. How can that be private? Good luck in finding a coder.

please give up your idea for creating ANOTHER tracker...

apextwin146
11-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Whats so wrong if a guy wants to create a BT Site?
Is he asking you to join it?promote it?donate to it? Nope !!!
If everyone would take the advice not to create any more trackers then guess what we will be left with only a set number of sites and i like to have my options open rather than be governed by a certain set of ppl ..
To each his own ..

wheeloftime
11-13-2008, 07:24 PM
If everyone would take the advice not to create any more trackers then guess what we will be left with only a set number of sites and i like to have my options open rather than be governed by a certain set of ppl ..
To each his own ..

I agree with you.

I know sometimes people post to try to warn others about getting suckered into joining a site where they will get scammed. Most of the time though I think its just people being negative.

bt234
11-13-2008, 07:31 PM
To each his own ..

Particularly because slayer seems to have a lot of uploading experience, servers and even torrents ready to go, I think he should be a step ahead of the inevitable failure sites. I think if he gets a good staff, especially a coder obviously, then he can have a site that does better than average. It seems like he knows from a past mistake what he needs to do.

I'm not against new sites, I just signed up for a two very new ones that I'm excited about in fact. Right away I'm trying to help out and I see the communities growing.

Time and effort is all it takes once the seeds are planted, but the seeds have to have growing potential in the first place.

apextwin146
11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
sometimes people post to try to warn others about getting suckered into joining a site where they will get scammed. Most of the time though I think its just people being negative.
Yeah thats a whole different ball game .. Those scam sites come into existence due to the concept of levels & secrecy .. If a guy is making a honest attempt then let it be .. Atleast hes making an attempt to share . Its just that ppl equate BT with buffers and only that . This outlook needs to be changed

kelfa
11-14-2008, 12:18 AM
I believe this is a great idea, people are quick to talk shit when someone has an idea. Most the posters didnt even give a chance before flaming.

I think the gazelle look and amazing. A dedicated movie/tv tracker, with LOTS of packs/seasons in 4 different formats each, HD/x264/xvid/dvdr, all organized perfectly with gazelle, with the added bonus of no ratio?! SOunds like a great tracker if it gets off on the right foot.

I'd help with this project to get it started right by seeding many packs and such.

I think everyone would love a place they can DL Office/PB/Terminator/ Movies Packs/Seasons all with not having to worry about a 100gb HD season killing their ratio. Most people at HD sites can never DL a good HD season becuase they will never be able to seed 100gb back.