PDA

View Full Version : Playing Copied Dvd's On A Standalone Dvdplayer

JayHova
09-08-2003, 01:18 AM
I have a Sony DRU-510A dvd/cd Rewritable Drive and a KISS DP-500DVD PLAYER(first on the market that is supposedly able to read DIVx).But that's not what it's doing for me!The problem is that I can play the burned DVDs on my computer without a problem but when I put it in my stand-alone dvd player it refuses to read the DVD.Well,it does tell me what's on the disc along with other technical details as what kind it is and in what speed it's been written and so on and so on....I don't know what I'm doing wrong...Some people tell me it's not possible to view dvd-rips on a stand-alone DVDplayer and other people tell me that it's only possible if it's DIVx?Is there anybody who can tell me what I can and can't do?Or could someone give me some kind of step-by-step manual to " burn dvd-rips to work on a stand-alone dvdplayer"(for dummies :P )But nothing about vcd or svcd because I don't like that format.
Thnx in advance

TheFilePirater
09-08-2003, 01:22 AM
im thinking theres another way instead of burnign to VCD i think u do it data, burn a movie in data format and try that

JayHova
09-08-2003, 01:35 AM
One more thing...What are the best cd's to write on?(dvd-,dvd+,....?)

callum
09-08-2003, 01:56 AM
If you look at the dvdrhelp.com compatibility guide for your player and read the user comments, there are some problems people have had with it and some solutions.
I noticed burning with nero may cause problems.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVD...F%BF%BDcomments (http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=1983&Search=Search%EF%BF%BDcomments)

ck-uk
09-08-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by JayHova@8 September 2003 - 01:35
One more thing...What are the best cd's to write on?(dvd-,dvd+,....?)
Dvd-r's the most compatible at the moment especially on older dvd players..it also depends on the brand of media,some cheaper brands just wont play on some dvd players.Out of the cheaper brands i've tried imo ritek g04 seem to be the most compatible for standaslone dvd.

Nexus UK
09-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Have you updated the firmware from Kiss???

I am sure it had an article in October copy of Computer Shopper in U.K

and it said something about having to update the firmware???

i will have a scan and find it for you.

also is that the kiss player with ethernet connection??? (i want one but want some reviews of it first)

firebird32
09-08-2003, 04:09 PM
when they are manufactured cd/dvd-+r/rw are either a grade or b grade the b grades are sold cheaper and are less likly to be compatable, a good named brand should work more often

Nexus UK
09-08-2003, 04:51 PM
i found the review and it the firmware/update patch is for the DivX/XVid support

i agree firebird that it may a disk quality problem

JayHova
09-08-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Nexus UK@8 September 2003 - 16:03
Have you updated the firmware from Kiss???

I am sure it had an article in October copy of Computer Shopper in U.K

and it said something about having to update the firmware???

i will have a scan and find it for you.

also is that the kiss player with ethernet connection??? (i want one but want some reviews of it first)
Yes it's the KISS with the ethernet connection but you have to buy the cable to connect to your computer sepperatly :wacko: It's not included with the player!!!
I still have to go out and get one myself.So maybe my problem could be solved when I update my firmware(i'll keep you informed)And for my review of the player itself:I only bought it because it's compatible with DIVx.You shouldn't go buy it if you only want to play original dvd's.I find that my playstation2 has a better quality of image than the Kissplayer.Maybe it's just me but the images on the kissplayer look kinda hazy to me.But all put together it's a good dvdplayer with a fair price(I bought mine for +-250euros)And thnx,it would be nice if you would scan that article for me

Nexus UK
09-08-2003, 06:36 PM
I can do better than a scan

Comp Shopper Kiss Review (http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/reviews_story.php?id=46326)

So what does the player look like style wise under a t.v ????

JayHova
09-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Style wise it&#39;s not the best looking dvdplayer I&#39;ve seen.It&#39;s just a black box with buttons and a very simple unatractive display.But that&#39;s not the most important issue ofcourse.Anyway,it&#39;s not the kind of dvd-player to show of to your friends and family to be honest <_< I do hope that after I updated him everything will work fine.I&#39;m getting my cable for the ethernet connection tommorow so I&#39;ll let you know how everything&#39;s going.I clicked the comp shopper link and the review sounds very possitive but I have to see it first before I believe it&#33;