PDA

View Full Version : Cd Burning Software

mogadishu
09-08-2003, 02:27 AM
Im looking for a good cd burner that uses less resources than something like nero. When i burn a cd using nero it slows everything down to a snails pace. I know it will take up a lot of resources no amtter what.. but does anyone know of one that takes up less.

mogadishu
09-08-2003, 03:03 AM
bump.. anyone?

mogadishu
09-08-2003, 03:19 AM
bumpty dumpty.

mogadishu
09-08-2003, 03:50 AM
I swear to go if someone doesnt help me ill download kazaa gold!

mogadishu
09-08-2003, 03:58 AM
or maybe kazaa plus.. im not sure yet.

mogadishu
09-08-2003, 04:01 AM
perhaps imesh.. but none of this will happen if someone answers my question.

[P][RO][CE][SS][OR]
09-08-2003, 04:05 AM
have you tried Easy CD Creator? Or how about Oak Simpli CD?

edit: they are going to log down your computer, but...i guess that's the only thing wrong with cd burners...you could also try to get more RAM. That would allow you to have more processes, and therefore, probably won't log down your computer.

MUSLEMAN
09-08-2003, 04:13 AM
what the hell you bumping every 20 seconds??? B) i blelive it depends on what you are burnning and not the burnner

dgmortal
09-08-2003, 04:16 AM
a few options......
1. Buy more RAM
2. Get a faster processor to go with more RAM
3. Use a burning application that doesnt use a software buffer (if one even exists :unsure: ).

Adster
09-08-2003, 04:16 AM
not sure what you mean by Nero burning slow :huh:

ScoobyDooooo
09-08-2003, 04:26 AM
:o Oh my goodness, I feel sorry for you regarding some of your replies.
Well I"LL help...
Believe me, I learned from trial and error regarding burning software.
I have the Roxio EZ dvd creator 6 but I find that their programs constantly freeze,
they are funny with recognizing the type of burner you have and the program
itself is around $65.00. The only program that I use out of that package
is the "DVD Builder".

The EASIEST program I have is "Power Producer" which can be purchased online
as a download from "Cyberlink.com". I've had much success with this program but for some reason you have to download "Sun Java 2" (free software you can get online, if you don't already have it) before installing it. I forgot how much
I paid for it, I think it was either $29.99 or $39.00. They also can send you a
"backup" CD for an extra $4.00 which is helpful if you need to reinstall the program.

Another is "DVD Squeeze" which is also a downloaded package. I ordered this some time ago and it is useful for converting files into different formats, etc.
Avi, etc. This one is pretty good and it comes with TONS of additional software
such as FlaskMPEG, Divx, etc.

Another I have is called "PowerPack" DVD to AVI which is great for converting
movie files. Problem with this one though, it's a little difficult to understand
and I've had problems making movies more compacted.

Another I have is "Dr. Divx" which pretty much does the same as DVD Squeeze...
it's just more expensive.

Hope I have been helpful. All of the above I purchased as a download online.
Some of which I don't have the exact web address, but if you surf a bit
just using their software titles, I'm sure you would find a link.
:rolleyes:
Ann

MUSLEMAN
09-08-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by ScoobyDooooo@8 September 2003 - 00:26
:o Oh my goodness, I feel sorry for you regarding some of your replies.
Well I"LL help...
Believe me, I learned from trial and error regarding burning software.
I have the Roxio EZ dvd creator 6 but I find that their programs constantly freeze,
they are funny with recognizing the type of burner you have and the program
itself is around $65.00. The only program that I use out of that package
is the "DVD Builder".

The EASIEST program I have is "Power Producer" which can be purchased online
as a download from "Cyberlink.com". I've had much success with this program but for some reason you have to download "Sun Java 2" (free software you can get online, if you don't already have it) before installing it. I forgot how much
I paid for it, I think it was either $29.99 or $39.00. They also can send you a
"backup" CD for an extra $4.00 which is helpful if you need to reinstall the program.

Another is "DVD Squeeze" which is also a downloaded package. I ordered this some time ago and it is useful for converting files into different formats, etc.
Avi, etc. This one is pretty good and it comes with TONS of additional software
such as FlaskMPEG, Divx, etc.

Another I have is called "PowerPack" DVD to AVI which is great for converting
movie files. Problem with this one though, it's a little difficult to understand
and I've had problems making movies more compacted.

Another I have is "Dr. Divx" which pretty much does the same as DVD Squeeze...
it's just more expensive.

Hope I have been helpful. All of the above I purchased as a download online.
Some of which I don't have the exact web address, but if you surf a bit
just using their software titles, I'm sure you would find a link.
:rolleyes:
Ann
you paid for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and i have roxio with no problems

ScoobyDooooo
09-08-2003, 04:34 AM
:o I Got ripped off huh... thought so! You don't have to rub it in though LOL!
<_<
Ann

Somebody1234
09-08-2003, 04:53 AM
Boy. The fact that you don&#39;t have the patience to wait for an answer and that you don&#39;t have the patience to wait for your computer during CD burning shows me that is where the problem is.

And telling us that you will go and get Kazaa Gold or Kazaa Plus??? Go right ahead&#33; It sounds like that&#39;s what you need.

mogadishu
09-08-2003, 05:29 AM
hehe.. iwasnt trying to spam.. ill take a ritalin before i go on the board next time.

zacspeed
09-08-2003, 07:27 AM
Nero slows my ancient PC too, so I use Clone CD :D
Ultra quick, ultra easy to use.

ScoobyDooooo
09-08-2003, 04:49 PM
B) "To Somebody"...
I think the original poster wasn&#39;t sure how the burning software works... it does
take a while to burn... maybe he or she didn&#39;t know that.... I didn&#39;t realize how
long it takes at first either.... I assumed my computer was just slow. I even
purchased a larger hard drive&#33; duuuhhh&#33;&#33;&#33; Now I know...

So to the original poster, ALL burnings can take a while no matter what software you use, it&#39;s not like recording on a VHS or on a music cassette. If you look closely at a music CD or a movie DVD it has "grooves" on it.., something like a "record", that&#39;s if some of you youngsters know what records are anymore. (Some time ago I once asked a friend of mine&#39;s little kid who his favorite singer was, he said "Michael Jackson", I told him when I was his age, I liked the "Beatles"... He said "Who?" LOL...&#33;&#33;&#33; Now THAT made me feel realllly good, huh---LOL&#33;&#33;&#33; ) So it takes a while for any burner to create on a blank CD, especially if it&#39;s a movie.
Good Luck&#33;
:)

ScoobyDooooo
09-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ScoobyDooooo@8 September 2003 - 16:49
B) "To Somebody"...
I think the original poster wasn&#39;t sure how the burning software works... it does
take a while to burn... maybe he or she didn&#39;t know that....&nbsp; I didn&#39;t realize how
long it takes at first either.... I assumed my computer was just slow.&nbsp; I even
purchased a larger hard drive&#33;&nbsp; duuuhhh&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; Now I know...

So to the original poster, ALL burnings can take a while no matter what software you use, it&#39;s not like recording on a VHS or a music cassette.&nbsp; If you look closely at a music CD or a movie DVD it has "grooves" on it.&nbsp; That takes a while for any burner to create on a blank CD, especially if it&#39;s a movie.
Good Luck&#33;
:)
I can SEE said the blind man&#33;&#33;&#33;

sharedholder
09-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Burn4Free

Burn4Free is a cd burning tool for audio and data CDs. It offers 4 different ways of creating the CD - you can right-click in Windows Explorer to add files, drag and drop them into the interface or use the built-in file explorer to select the files. Another convenient way provided by the program is a small semi-transparent window, that can be used as a drop basket to collect your files, it automatically calculates the remaining space. Burn4Free supports multiple burning speeds and buffer underrun protection. You can use it to burn files and music, including WAV, WMA, MP3, MP2, MP1 and OGG. It provides a simple and easy to use interface

http://www.burn4free.com/ File Size: 1679 Kbytes

CDBurnerXP Pro

CDBurnerXP Pro is an easy to use CD burning software, that can write CD-R and CD-RW discs. The program can also write disks directly from an ISO image file, and save image as an ISO image file (*.iso). You can create data and audio CDs, however it currently only supports WAV files for audio. It does however support Burn-Proof technology, multi-session disks, import of ISO images and more. In addition to CD burning, you can also rip audio CDs, normalize WAV files, encode MP3 files, erase disks, . CDBurnerXP Pro does not require ASPI when used under for NT/2000/XP.

http://w1.878.telia.com/~u87812405/

zapjb
09-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Just my .02. When I burn, I shut everything else off. I usually reboot & then turnoff my AV (previously scanned to be burned media of course), PF, and everything else but my UPS. Then I use Nero 6.0.0.15. I usually burn @16-20x vs my burners max of 32x. Big deal takes 5-8 minutes usually. Then I reboot & get back on the net. No muss, no fuss vs possible failed or corrupted burns & other complications. Saves tossing messed up cdr&#39;s in the bin.

ultimatejester
09-08-2003, 08:57 PM
upgrade ur pc or get sum more ram