PDA

View Full Version : Windows Xp Acting Crazy

Slave83
09-08-2003, 04:35 AM
I am about to pull my hair out. I opened up my psp saved a graphic closed it, then prepared to upload it thru my FTP. I clicked on My Documents and my ENTIRE My Pictures folder was DELETED. GOne. As if nothing had ever been saved there. I went to the Recycle Bin to see if it was there and it wasn't. I then Restored my system to last friday and still nothing. I lost so much work and I have no idea what to do. Furthermore how can I prevent this from ever happening again? :(

MUSLEMAN
09-08-2003, 04:41 AM
try a recovery program to recover it back, but i don't know what caused your problem

Rip The Jacker
09-08-2003, 04:52 AM
Scan for viruses and check the running processes for anything unusual.

asmithz
09-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Slave83@7 September 2003 - 21:35
I am about to pull my hair out. I opened up my psp saved a graphic closed it, then prepared to upload it thru my FTP. I clicked on My Documents and my ENTIRE My Pictures folder was DELETED. GOne. As if nothing had ever been saved there. I went to the Recycle Bin to see if it was there and it wasn't. I then Restored my system to last friday and still nothing. I lost so much work and I have no idea what to do. Furthermore how can I prevent this from ever happening again? :(
Sounds like theres no way to get it all back, but if you uploaded alot of it to a server you can get it from there. Sorry that that happen tho. :(

Slave83
09-08-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker+8 September 2003 - 07:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shad0w Hacker @ 8 September 2003 - 07:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Slave83@7 September 2003 - 21:35
I am about to pull my hair out. I opened up my psp saved a graphic closed it, then prepared to upload it thru my FTP. I clicked on My Documents and my ENTIRE My Pictures folder was DELETED. GOne. As if nothing had ever been saved there. I went to the Recycle Bin to see if it was there and it wasn&#39;t. I then Restored my system to last friday and still nothing. I lost so much work and I have no idea what to do. Furthermore how can I prevent this from ever happening again? :(
Sounds like theres no way to get it all back, but if you uploaded alot of it to a server you can get it from there. Sorry that that happen tho. :( [/b][/quote]
Thanks. I did everything you guys mentioned and none of it got all my stuff back. I just wanna know i&#39;m on a university network, do you think maybe I was hacked? Cause I heard XP has a backdoor that allows hackers access to ur comp and files. :( Overall this is very irritating though. If it were a hacker I&#39;m sure he/she would do more than delete my My PIctures folder tho.

RPerry
09-08-2003, 07:05 AM
You&#39;ll have to forgive me if these are dumb questions, but I&#39;m not althat familliar with windows xp. Does xp support the hidden folders option? is it possible that this is whats happened?

TClite
09-08-2003, 07:07 AM
i was going to say that lol

3rd gen noob
09-08-2003, 07:11 AM
to show hidden folders, go into a folder, click tools>folder options>view then check the "show hidden files and folders" button

Slave83
09-08-2003, 07:32 AM
tried the hidden folders thing and still didn&#39;t work. Thanks for tryin to help guys. :)