PDA

View Full Version : How do I use a .cue file on separated FLAC tracks?

sundazed
11-14-2008, 07:38 AM
I downloaded an old Dead concert recording and found that it has been divided up into separate FLAC files for each song. Listening to it, some tracks are obviously meant to join straight on to others but some aren't. Besides the flac files there is a .cue file included. Is there anyway I can use the .cue file to ensure the gaps are as intended? I've seen plenty of posts about splitting a continuous track with .cue files, but not the other way around. I'm using Mac OS 10.5. Thanks for any help.

saulin
11-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Foobar2000 is the player I use. It has Flac and cue support. The main interface is ugly so I use a winamp skin for it. This player has many kick ass plugins though which make music sound just amazing.

sundazed
11-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Foobar2000 is the player I use. It has Flac and cue support. The main interface is ugly so I use a winamp skin for it. This player has many kick ass plugins though which make music sound just amazing.
Thanks Saulin. I believe Foobar2000 is a Windows only app though. Also, I'd quite like to burn the concert to CD, so I can play it on my enormous hi-fi!