PDA

View Full Version : What Prog To Rip Dvd's?

LazX
09-08-2003, 05:51 AM
I'm using Super DVD Ripper 1.90. but I can't seem to get the ripped size of a movie down to fit on one CD. ie, 700MB. So, maybe there is another ripper that works better than Super DVD Ripper.

Also, what codec do you use? I choose DivX5 only cuz it's the clearest. I get wierd lines in my XviD compression. what's that all about. :/

Gre1
09-08-2003, 05:53 AM
Regardless what u do ripping from dvd is not going to fit on one cd unless it's kvcd and a ripped dvd is in .avi format which will need to be encoded.

LazX
09-08-2003, 05:56 AM
ok.. so I should first rip to VCD? And then .avi. I was ripping to avi, but like i said, a 2 hour movie comes in around 1350MB. :blink:

gbfan
09-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Go ahead and rip it to .avi or really what ever you want and then you can encode it afterward to make it the smaller size. Hope this helps :D

RealitY
09-08-2003, 06:53 AM
Ever Tried Pinnacle Instant Copy v8.0.
Just Curious...

MUSLEMAN
09-08-2003, 09:57 AM
try clone dvd

MediaSlayer
09-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Regardless what u do ripping from dvd is not going to fit on one cd unless it's kvcd and a ripped dvd is in .avi format which will need to be encoded.

Gre1: A ripped dvd is in the form of .vob's,.ifo's,ect....

I use smart ripper it works well once you get used to it. Actually, dealing with the aspi was the only trouble I ever had with it, and that was only when I installed it. Using dvd2avi, it is possible to encode a vcd or svcd in only a few steps if your dvd is single layer and has at least one good non-acm stereo track. Old dvds tend to be like this. Anyway use dvd2avi to create a d2v project file and an extracted sound file(not acm). Send these to tempgenc and encode a svcd(mpgeg2) or vcd(mpeg). If all you wanted to do was create a disk to play on your computer and not a standalone dvd player, rip the vobs with whatever programs, merge them, then use the latest "virtualdub mod mpeg2" to load the vob and re-encode with the new divx, just remember to choose a lower bitrate to make it smaller. You will need to choose "full processing mode" in virtualdub mod, btw. I don't know if this helps, good luck.