PDA

View Full Version : Question about FTN

wish
11-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Is FTN really that great? Many members are saying that it's the best tracker in the world but some of them are saying that it should not be lvl 8 tracker.
I'm asking to members of FTN - how is it? Is it really great or is it just one more tracker?

maldini 3
11-14-2008, 08:38 PM
As a tracker , not very good
as a forum i guess is the best

ajsi
11-14-2008, 08:53 PM
why don't you try to search a bit, there are plenty of those "i have a question about ftn" threads.
in my opinion it can't be said if some tracker is the best or not, it is always about what you like and how much you will like the tracker after you get in and will be there for a while. some great tracker with positive reputation may not be so good for you as the worse one.

firedriver
11-14-2008, 10:05 PM
When u become a little bit more experience in the bittorent world you realize that no tracker is that good and u can find the same staff EVERYWHERE...ohh i think even the n00bs know that :/ . Most of the sites now are about their community and the people are saying that they need the tracker but the level is the thing that make most of the sites so wanted ...FTN is good site and the tracker isn't bad but if u need scene tracker ScT is what u really need

Tokeman
11-14-2008, 10:15 PM
The best tracker is the one you use, not the one you pine for. Unless you find yourself unable to find certain content, theres no reason to look for more trackers.

vinhkhang01
11-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Tokeman - you put it right on the dime.
Useful = Good

All I can say that FTN is one of the best sites.
It's also depending what you want such DVDs, Xvid, TVs, Music, etc.
Just forget about the level stuff and they're not relevant.

naikon
11-14-2008, 10:39 PM
+ good speeds, good pre, hellpfully staff, no ratio, no minimun seed time, small amount (~4800) of trusted (?) users
- speeds and pre worse than ScT, small peers amount, short torrents lifetime (7200 torrents), hard to get invite

respawn40
11-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Is FTN really that great? Many members are saying that it's the best tracker in the world but some of them are saying that it should not be lvl 8 tracker.
I'm asking to members of FTN - how is it? Is it really great or is it just one more tracker?

Don't pay attention to levels. That stupid WTAW thread is so that traders can have a sort of currency for their trackers. The level is based on how hard it is to get into, not by how good/bad a tracker it is.

1000possibleclaws
11-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Just wait till Funkin' notices this thread; he seems to spring on any opportunity to mention how mediocre he feels FTN is :P

Detale
11-15-2008, 03:37 AM
Well funk him then :P

Funkin'
11-15-2008, 04:16 AM
I'm not going to say a word. :)

Mister Moo
11-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Ftn is awesome fucking awesome> god i love ftn!!! Ftn > sct fsc uk-t revolt oink hpj.cc luelinks///// god damn it man!!!! You are missing out!!! Any nobody critisize me for my typing in all caps because i indeed am yelling and angry!!! Gahrahrah!agjghkgn

edit: wow it wont let me write in all caps. lame, well pretend this post is in all caps

predateur
11-15-2008, 10:42 AM
the good point of ftn is : its rare .
for stuff, you find at SCC and SCT everything befor ftn (and what ftn dont post too)
for forums, they are all the same , is it the best tracker ? no lol

0Ri0N
11-15-2008, 11:47 AM
If FTN is the best tracker around? i have no idea and i don't care, its just the site i use the most, that's all i need to know eheh.

Disme
11-15-2008, 12:10 PM
For some it is, for others it isn't ... it's a very personal thing and basically can't be discussed.

bumrocks
11-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Just wait till Funkin' notices this thread; he seems to spring on any opportunity to mention how mediocre he feels FTN is :P

^^ That was funny!

I like FTN...Anyone who doesn't have seedbox access and/or a good home connection would be in heaven at FTN...

Much easier to seed back at FTN than it is at SCC or ScT...Don't give me that freelech crap at those site, stuff either...Everyone with boxes is getting those, too. Much easier to manage an account at FTN but also harder to get into...

I will say this though...Better packs at SCC and ScT.

And who REALLY gives a crap about pre times (in regards to the 3 sites mentioned) when the above mentioned sites are always within minutes of each other. Who gives a crap whether you get to watch a movie right this second or five minutes from now....

Bottom line, is what you are into (content) and what resources are available to you (connection).

integral
11-16-2008, 02:57 AM
FTN is a good tracker. I'm not going to justify the whole level comment, so I'll just say that. As for SCT and SCC beating them in every pre, that's a lie.

I'd say SCC and FTN cover the broad ends of the tracker spectrum. SCC epitomizes speed in a tracker; fastest pres, higher retention, lacking a social userbase (active community). FTN is almost the opposite; lacking the best file speeds and retention, but having a smaller and therefore more trusted userbase, leading to certain privileges, such as no seeding time requirements, and the popular one; no ratio.

However, I can say FTN is slowly catching up on that whole speed/retention thing. I don't think I can claim the same for SCC catching up on the thing it's lacking..

Oh, and SCT's somewhere in the middle of that, sort like an old-timer that's past its prime.

soulreaper
11-16-2008, 05:24 AM
Ftn is awesome fucking awesome> god i love ftn!!! Ftn > sct fsc uk-t revolt oink hpj.cc luelinks///// god damn it man!!!! You are missing out!!!

ORLY? :lol:

AkaiDoresu
11-16-2008, 06:07 AM
the community is the best, and uploads are high quality.

Some people say that there are not that many torrents and seeds. Torrenting is not about it so YES, it is the best torrent site.

The fact that they got rid of all the seeding and ratio rules is an example of highly evolved community. But I appreciate the fact, that many people call it weak- it becomes less wanted, and less accessible, works for me.

And FTN doesnt have to catch up with other trackers in terms of speed and amount of content. This is not a fucking competition, if you cant understand that then just stay with your low-ass leveled stuff =]

Cabalo
11-16-2008, 06:44 AM
it's not even near the best torrent site around.
i can think of at least 4 or 5 in a row that are way better.

torrent sites must have one thing: contents. Speed is important, pre-times (for me) sometimes are an issue too.

In my own personal experience, and i've been around a lot of sites, the best of all sites is a combination of SCT, SCC and TL.
If you have those 3, you are in heaven.

phosphors
11-16-2008, 06:45 AM
And FTN doesnt have to catch up with other trackers in terms of speed and amount of content.

No they don't have to, it just means they suck though......many trackers have better speed.

tX
11-16-2008, 08:46 AM
small amount (~4800) of trusted (?) users

And yet, every time invites come out, people rush to trading and selling sites :ermm:
Question mark is right :dry:

integral
11-16-2008, 09:16 AM
small amount (~4800) of trusted (?) users

And yet, every time invites come out, people rush to trading and selling sites :ermm:

I'd assume every site that's been as sensationalized as FTN has been has some bad apples in it. If you can't realize that then you should skip over threads like this.

And FTN doesnt have to catch up with other trackers in terms of speed and amount of content. This is not a fucking competition, if you cant understand that then just stay with your low-ass leveled stuff =]

I think the collective opinion of the user base and staff is that speeds and file retention could fair to be a bit better.

FTN has made it clear that it wants no part of competition with other sites, but there's no harm in a comparison, and there is definitely no harm in improvements; there's no reason to not improve file speeds and retention.

tX
11-16-2008, 10:31 AM

I'd assume every site that's been as sensationalized as FTN has been has some bad apples in it. If you can't realize that then you should skip over threads like this.

Of course, traders at any given site is pretty much assumed, which is why I questioned his "4800 trusted users" statement

benficao
11-16-2008, 12:05 PM
The best tracker is the one you use, not the one you pine for. Unless you find yourself unable to find certain content, theres no reason to look for more trackers.

:thumbsup: best answer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right on the topic!

Legion
11-16-2008, 01:52 PM
omfg ftn suxez so badz! its the shittiest site in the history of the interwebz!!!11
Stfu, you no good cawk suckers. I would bet that anyone saying bad things about ftn is some frustrated wanker with no account. I haven't used any other tracker besides ftn, for at least 4-5 months (except tt and what.cd) and I can say I'm more than pleased with it. The best torrenting experience is offered by ftn+zerosec.ws

Peanut
11-16-2008, 03:42 PM
It just like another tracker xcept its been around longer .....
BLAH

bt234
11-16-2008, 07:45 PM
FTN is at the very top of my bookmarks. There are no other scene sites below it.

Are there really no seed time rules atm? They still go pink in your profile if you haven't seeded for 2 days.

As for packs, uploaders have gotten tired of doing them. I couldn't care less, since the whole pack fanaticism is pretty lame.

piratebot
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
what are the stats on ftn? users, peers, torrents, etc.

Sortie
11-17-2008, 12:35 AM
FTN got worst after the server issue.They claim that they will change something in the site,eagerly waiting.

Albo Da Kid
11-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Omg people can we stop all this ftn stuff?? Theres still users out there that tihnk ftn is the best tracker out there. Stop hyping this site up.

n00bs Don't Believe The Hype

Mister Moo
11-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Omg people can we stop all this ftn stuff?? Theres still users out there that tihnk ftn is the best tracker out there. Stop hyping this site up.

Don't listen to this nEwb, FTN is the best tracker in all the land! :01: All hail King Brandon.

ajsi
11-17-2008, 08:48 AM
FTN got worst after the server issue.They claim that they will change something in the site,eagerly waiting.
are you kidding? the fact is that they're getting better and better since that sever issues.

Tokeman
11-17-2008, 04:14 PM

n00bs create the hype, not members :frusty: