PDA

View Full Version : The Truth Behind Windows 7

Detale
11-15-2008, 08:53 PM
The Truth Behind: Windows 7

"It’s been a couple weeks now that I’ve been playing with Windows 7 so I figured it’s about time to speak out. To the delight of the folks in Redmond, I’m not the only one talking about the new Windows.There are currently two versions of the new Windows. The first one was given to developers at the Microsoft Professional Developers Conference to get us excited. The 2nd is what the developers were shown at the conference. Most of the images you’ll see online are from the 2nd version available to internal Microsoft developers."

"Developers at the Microsoft Professional Developers Conference were all given a Western Digital USB hard drive with the alpha version of Windows 7."

"I’m happy with the version of Windows 7 I’m running. It’s stable and so far has been able to handle everything I’ve thrown at it. This is the diversion that Microsoft had hoped for. Redmond desperately needs the buzz to prevent a mass exodus from Windows Vista toward Apple...."

:source: Source: http://billpstudios.blogspot.com/2008/11/truth-behind-windows-7.html
:view: Homepage: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

Cabalo
11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
mass exodus from Windows Vista toward Apple

LOL
apple is no competitor to Microsoft.

222MHz
11-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Gentoo user myself, but at this point who really gives a shit what Microsoft does? If you know enough you knew what you were getting into with vista, if you know more you likely already run something other than a Microsoft product.

I wonder if you'll be able to check a box for a discount if you were/are unhappy with your Mohave experience when you spend more money on this new experience.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 7 actually a 'downgrading' upgrade? wtf?

Peanut
11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
am still fine with xp (sp3) =)

DanielleD87
11-16-2008, 06:55 PM
if anyone is curious about windows 7 then check out http://www.pcworld.com/article/153624/under_the_hood_windows_7_is_vistas_twin.html

it is the most accurate and detailed article I've found so far.

techdoc
11-20-2008, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the info...

tesco
11-23-2008, 01:53 PM
if anyone is curious about windows 7 then check out http://www.pcworld.com/article/153624/under_the_hood_windows_7_is_vistas_twin.html

it is the most accurate and detailed article I've found so far.
That's not accurate or detailed in teh least.
It's just a biased article.:huh:

popwar
12-01-2008, 03:25 PM
looks like a redone vista to me

100%
12-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Truth?

Red pirate
12-23-2008, 10:33 PM
for me i think windows 7 is just Vista with no difference may be just protection
raised and graphics also but hell what is the difference .. I think microsoft playing with people minds by graph.. and so ... microsoft addmited that vista is hopless just made for money .. when it says 7 is coming i was expecting somthing else hell that
I using XP and 7 but 7 on my PC like the cave i hadnt enter ..my work all on XP
but also other companys has a role in that , they are like car from 1920 and car from 2000

tesco
12-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Windows 7 beta 1 is released.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Cabalo
12-29-2008, 03:44 AM
gonna install it tomorrow on VMWare. I'll leave some feedback soon.

AWESOMENess
12-29-2008, 07:24 AM
I fine with my XP, and don't like Vista, but is Windows 7 look like it is gonna be slow and crappy?

Red pirate
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I fine with my XP, and don't like Vista, but is Windows 7 look like it is gonna be slow and crappy?

No bro windows 7 is much faster and smoother than vista ...

222MHz
01-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Only the MythBusters have successfully polished shit.

pureheart
01-10-2009, 11:40 AM
I'd rather stick to XP than throwing my PC into an unstable OS until they develop another reliable one...

SoulEdge01
01-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm on the XP bandwagon myself, XP is very mature, has a lot of drivers and simply it can do all the basic tasks that and OS need to do and then some, it has proven speed and reliability. Vista is simply not the OS to replace XP with, XP can't be around forever but the OS to replace it have to be much better and I hope that Windows 7 is that OS. M$ business practices arent the most customer friendly but I think it is about time they make a good updated OS.

S!X
01-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I installed it by using the "upgrade" feature (which only works if you have vista + SP1). I must say it sucks, handles very sluggish on my computer for some reason. I hope there's a way to revert it back to vista without needing to reformat. If there is let me know asap!

tesco
01-10-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm on the XP bandwagon myself, XP is very mature, has a lot of drivers and simply it can do all the basic tasks that and OS need to do and then some, it has proven speed and reliability. Vista is simply not the OS to replace XP with, XP can't be around forever but the OS to replace it have to be much better and I hope that Windows 7 is that OS. M$ business practices arent the most customer friendly but I think it is about time they make a good updated OS.
If you don't like vista you'll hate windows7 even more.:pinch:

Brenya
01-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I agree that Vista was half-assed, and the anti-competitive nature of the market meant that even when Vista failed to live up to the expectations of many users, it still reeled in profits. This is suspicious, as it should be. A capitalist economy shouldn't trust virtually-monolithic industries.

But this is isn't reason to dismiss Windows 7 before you even try it. It's reason to look forward to it. The failure of Vista and the age of XP means that something truly innovative is on the horizon for Microsoft.

I do think Microsoft is too big, though, and would really enjoy seeing the competitors play, well, competitively. Competition forces the industry to continually make new products better than the old ones (which definitely wasn't the case when Vista first came out), which is what everyone wants.

So I want to see Windows 7 succeed, but I also want to see Microsoft deflate... (as well as the banks, the auto industry, but for different reasons :))

mR.d@hLa!
01-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Thx Brenya for your more impartial comment....

despite some folks before.

Actually Vista has not been the OS, Microsoft said it would be, but I canīt hear the complaints anymore of mostly people, who never even have used vista.

For my part, I like Vista x64 a lot, 100times better than XP64 and by far more stable and faster as well - though I am not at the most up to date hardware.

kaiser
01-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Totally can't agree with that. I myself was one of those very disappointed with Windows Vista. For me it was slow, unstable and to big. I tried to move from WinXP to Vista several times, but used to come back after a week or two. But now I'm using Windows 7 beta 1 (7000) and I love it. It was a surprise, but it's stable, very fast and absolutely gorgeous. I hope M$ isn't goibg to spoil everything in the final version. And if that's the case then we have a winner ;)
By the way, I also got myself a beta key from M$ and activated my Win 7. So now I get all updates from M$ without any problems. It will work till August.

Brenya
01-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Totally can't agree with that. I myself was one of those very disappointed with Windows Vista. For me it was slow, unstable and to big. I tried to move from WinXP to Vista several times, but used to come back after a week or two. But now I'm using Windows 7 beta 1 (7000) and I love it. It was a surprise, but it's stable, very fast and absolutely gorgeous.
So is this all on the same computer?

kaiser
01-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Yes. I wouldn't compare Operating Systems which I ran on different PCs.

Brenya
01-16-2009, 04:46 AM
:happy: Ok. I tested Windows 7 on my laptop... fucking fast. My CS teacher was wrong... we will not need more DRAM to run Windows 7...

protecteur
01-23-2009, 01:04 AM
I have vista and its garbage I hope that one is a lot better! I am planning to go back to xp it a lot better then vista!

You can get it here but expires in August http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx

The Flying Cow
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
SO 7 requires less graphics and virtual memory for a better overall candy array than Vista?

Somehow it seems doubtful.

john pal
01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
:happy: Ok. I tested Windows 7 on my laptop... fucking fast.

For now I use it too and share the same opinion. Lets see if the market will allow it to develop more since W7 goes against the angry of more hardware needs.

colt45joe
01-30-2009, 04:09 AM
SO 7 requires less graphics and virtual memory for a better overall candy array than Vista?

Somehow it seems doubtful.

Believe it.

Aucto
02-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Guys 2x2GB of RAM is worth 40$s on the market... I think we're going to be fine transitioning to Windows 7.

Hairbautt
02-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Dual boot, ftw!

axxo
02-02-2009, 11:18 PM
thanks

i think xp sp3 is good

viru5
02-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Linux is better. Windows sucks.

Kyokushin
02-04-2009, 01:50 PM
I cant believe how microsoft refuses to embrace the multiple workspaces technology... I mean c'mon, every other OS has it.

Imoustim
02-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Dual boot, ftw!

Dual booting is quickly becoming obsolete. Considering how much all the companies are investing in virtualization it should only take another generation of technology(maybe 2?) before it's a seamless process.

Hairbautt
02-04-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm not a company...Personal use, ftw!

222MHz
02-04-2009, 11:23 PM
I cant believe how microsoft refuses to embrace the multiple workspaces technology... I mean c'mon, every other OS has it.

They believe all users are inherent idiots. Which as a blanket statement isn't that far off.. And they probably see no need in confusing their customers.. Because as I see it they are designing their OS's with your grandparents in mind.. Unlike the rest of the OS's, which to some degree cater to that demographic, but the staple of the OS is aimed at the technically inclined.

There will be a pill poping reminder widget before multiple desktops.. because that would be more useful. Hell with the 7 or whatever versions just announced I can't believe they don't have the senior edition..

Hairbautt
02-04-2009, 11:25 PM
They believe all users are inherent idiots.
That explains a bit on the UAC. :lol:

Imoustim
02-04-2009, 11:25 PM
I meant companies as in developers. I guess I left that kind of ambiguous. Intel specifically is putting a lot of effort into hardware support for virtualization. I know that Microsoft is working directly with them on that front too. I don't know for sure about AMD, but I would assume they're working on it also.

bestmk
02-06-2009, 07:22 PM
thank u for sharing

starbucks
02-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I am still not sure I have seen enough improvements to really warrant an upgrade from XP. :frusty:

digmen1
02-17-2009, 07:57 PM
From what I have read (reviews etc) 7 does seem an improvement on XP and Vista.

But it hardly seems worthy of calling it a new OS, it is really a tweaked Vista. (which by now has most of the drivers it needs).

But will it be enough to get big users to move over from XP ?

Brenya
02-20-2009, 03:33 AM
I am still not sure I have seen enough improvements to really warrant an upgrade from XP. :frusty:
Most of the improvements cannot be "seen." :frusty:

PACINO
02-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the info

iLOVENZB
02-22-2009, 12:00 AM
looks like a redone vista to me

More stable/improved version of Vista. Vista (imo) was a BETA for Windows 7 :lol:

CaliPirate
02-26-2009, 04:11 AM
I can't wait until this is out

rehmatjee
03-05-2009, 01:42 AM
I really think so that apple is not the competitors

222MHz
03-05-2009, 02:48 AM
I really think so that apple is not the competitors

Microsoft see Linux as a better competitor than Apple.

http://tinyurl.com/debyky