PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on regcure

Grumpybear2000
11-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Have you ever used regcure if so what do you think of the program.

Grumpybear2000
11-20-2008, 08:48 AM
guess program is shit seeing as no answers.

peat moss
11-20-2008, 12:51 PM
No I'v never used it either , if I have a problem that Tuneup or Ccleaner can't fix I format .

Drives the wife nuts so all is good .

IdolEyes787
11-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I while back I trialed a lot of reg cleaners on a test machine. Regcure was among them.

http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/RegCure_2.png

Found it to be an OK if unexceptional program with some, if small chance of messing up your machine.

Conventional wisdom is reg cleaners in general are unnecessary and potentially harmful so only use with extreme care.

That said ,like peatmoss,I've use Ccleaner and Tuneup 2008(along with WinASO) all the time and have never had any problems.

For the record,people say jv16 powertools is the best/most powerful reg program but along with that there is a real chance of doing harm to your computer so unless you really know what you are doing I'd steer clear of it.

Grumpybear2000
11-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Use Tuneup 2008 and Regseeker at the moment but i am always looking for something better

peat moss
11-21-2008, 01:57 AM
I'd have to think that the reason I rely on regcleaners so much is because I try a lot of software , it leaves behind a trail of missing shortcuts , corrupt reg keys and so on .

I use Your Uninstaller 2008 , it removes the program then cleans the registry of the most of the crap . Then I just use Ccleaner "and" TuneUp to finish .

http://www.ursoftware.com/

IdolEyes787
11-21-2008, 02:32 AM
I use Your Uninstaller too.

This is eerie.

Seriously though performance gains by reg cleaners are minimal and I've tried just about every one(along with just about every security and media program out there.It was a phase)
I honestly don't believe they are necessary but you're probably like me and rather err on the anal side just to be safe.

Logically I'd suggest a good defragging program as a more justifiable alternative(but the experts say that the windows one is good enough.feckers).

You probably use PerfectDisk too don't you peatmoss.:rolleyes:

peat moss
11-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Nope nope , I love Diskeeper . Set it and forget it . PerfectDisk is great if you smoke a fatty first then watch the whole defrag process . I don't get out much anymore . ;)

colombianino
11-21-2008, 06:38 PM
some good apps, i also use Ccleaner, found it a really good one :D. didn't know about the jv16 program which you say is the best.
have never hear of Tuneup 2008, but will check it out, my friend always talks crap about reg cleaners and says that they are good, and lol, he would install it in many pcs just to see if it could speed it up a bit :D.

he was crazy at school :P

IdolEyes787
11-21-2008, 08:09 PM
some good apps, i also use Ccleaner, found it a really good one :D. didn't know about the jv16 program which you say is the best.
have never hear of Tuneup 2008, but will check it out, my friend always talks crap about reg cleaners and says that they are good, and lol, he would install it in many pcs just to see if it could speed it up a bit :D.

he was crazy at school :P

Obviously;)

Anyway colombianino suggest typing nsane into your ff search and see what happens.
The guy who started it is a member here although he no longer runs that site.Minor legend/bloody genius.

Also suggest ssupdater as a good site for this sort of shite.

Both virus free I assure you.

peat moss
11-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Ah Idoleyes, ya can't tell the youth of today that Fosi Bear was one of the first Warez players ,way before nsane .

That would be confusing them you know , no ratios or bonus points just helping people . What a silly concept .