PDA

View Full Version : ***Ovh question***

domz
11-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Forgive posting in the wrong section but I cant access the Seedbox discussion section yet.

If I have 2 dedicated servers on Ovh, one is my private tracker, the other a seedbox and they catch my seedbox, will they ban both or just the seedbox?

anyone?

yayyyyyy
11-18-2008, 10:12 AM
don't they ban you after the 3rd catch?

anyway: if the 2 servers are within 2 DIFFERENT accounts you will get just one busted not the other :)

slayer2005
11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Forgive posting in the wrong section but I cant access the Seedbox discussion section yet.

If I have 2 dedicated servers on Ovh, one is my private tracker, the other a seedbox and they catch my seedbox, will they ban both or just the seedbox?

anyone?

they will warn u to shut the server down but they prob wont shut both down only the host.

crooked
11-18-2008, 08:09 PM
First they will warn you via E-Mail or OVH account. They tell u to delete all the files you have on the server but they don't shut it down immediately. If you don't delete those, they will check again and shut down the server. Probably they will call a law-agency then.

If you have bought the servers on the same account, they will probably check the other roots if there are any illegal things too, so i would be careful.

Squizzle
11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
See I was under the impression that they wouldn't take action unless they received a complaint from copyright holders / anti-piracy agencies acting on the behalf of copyright holders.

It wouldn't be good for business to actively sniff out torrenters and shut them off, but at the same time, it wouldn't be good for business to not comply with cease and desist requests either.

Keep to safe trackers, don't take the piss and you'll be okay.

I think :/