PDA

View Full Version : OMG ovh to **** up everything.

viper151
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
FFS have you seen what these ppl have made?
Check kimsufi and ovh sites and notice the premium series burstable sites etc..
I can't understand nothing...
Everything is so complicated and oles is not explaining..They've turned ovh into leaseweb... Such a pitty for them..:angry::angry::angry::angry:

pplush259
11-18-2008, 08:04 PM
pretty much screwed up their offers, 4 series, i guess burstable still ok with unlimited but too may points to note..

viper151
11-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I dont get many points..
Now whats the main difference between kimsufi and ovh offers? Why someone not to go on a kimsufi server anymore?

Or what is OVH to Internet (Peering) and OVH to Internet (Transit)

dance4
11-18-2008, 08:23 PM
This burstable and standard series is nothing else than low priority, which you can see in CP. So nothing has been changed in fact only they just wanted to make the rules clear.

viper151
11-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Nop .. Burstable and premium(for ovh) or standard(for kimsufi) are different..And i dont get the difference..

And ovh offers were unmetered.. Or when you were using it intesively the servers you had shared 100/100... That means that if i was ovh customer and had only 1 ovh server that was unmetered..Only resellers had the problem.. Now everyone has the problem... And premium sla is fake now.. No change..

slayer2005
11-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Yes im very confused as to whats what. :-/

dance4
11-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Nop .. Burstable and premium(for ovh) or standard(for kimsufi) are different..And i dont get the difference.

But it's the same :D Do you have access to CP ? You can check it. Low priority or standard . Low = burstable , standard = 100 Mbit/s you don't use too much bw.

And ovh offers were unmetered.. Or when you were using it intesively the servers you had shared 100/100...

NO... You have 100Mbit/s all the time (peering) and 8-15Mbit/s (tranzit). OFC if you have server in low priority . Standard = 100Mbit/s all the time.

Only resellers had the problem..

Not all. :D

And premium sla is fake now.. No change..

No if you have 1 server per client :D

OVH have a lot Gbits in peering and ppl even won't notice the changes :D As it has been so far with low priority ...

viper151
11-18-2008, 08:56 PM
But still can't get some thinks.. First of all premium sla is fake cause before they didn't cap your speed but you were sharing it with the other servers of yours( For ovh) Now they cap you..

What is transit?? And what is peering?
If server is low priority then you have been capped?

dance4
11-18-2008, 09:09 PM
But still can't get some thinks.. First of all premium sla is fake cause before they didn't cap your speed but you were sharing it with the other servers of yours( For ovh) Now they cap you..

No !!! If you have one server per client you have 100Mbit/s per server. And if you have more servers then you have 15Mbit (tranzit) and 100Mbit (peering) per server.

What is transit?? And what is peering?
If server is low priority then you have been capped?No low priority you have 8-15Mbit (tranzit) and 100Mbit peering. Standard you have 100Mbit tranzit and peering.
peering that means they exchange traffic , not pay for it.
tranzit they pay for bandwith.

PPL who use servers as seedboxes will not notice this , unless they are from US etc. Then FTP speed might be weaker.

In a while i will buy new kimsufi as a test :D

viper151
11-18-2008, 09:14 PM
If those you are saying is true then kimsufi is by far better than ovh :P
Still can't get peering and transit.. :P

dance4
11-18-2008, 09:34 PM
If those you are saying is true then kimsufi is by far better than ovh :P

No kimsufi only 8-12Mbit (tranzit) OVH 15 :D

Still can't get peering and transit.. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peering
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_transit

viper151
11-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Are there any networks that are exchanging for free except local networks?? :P Didn't know that :P
And you you'll get capped to transit immediately or with extraordinary use as it was before?

dance4
11-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Are there any networks that are exchanging for free except local networks?? :P Didn't know that :P
All DC do this.

And you you'll get capped to transit immediately or with extraordinary use as it was before?

yes if you will use bw extremally

viper151
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
so if i use it extremely on kimsufi capped to 8
if i use it extremely to ovh capped to 12
is that right? :P Kimsufi only was that way before.

dance4
11-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Yes and now.
Kimsufi transit 8Mbit and 100 peering not always quaranted.
OVH if you have one server per client you have 100Mbit all the time :D If you have more then 15Mbit (peering) 100 (transit) all the time per server. Really you don't see difference :D But if you have OVH server better is have 100Mbit all the time :D

http://img114.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5272/slaajp8.th.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slaajp8.jpg)http://img99.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

kimsufi in low priority :D

puckface
11-18-2008, 10:26 PM
OVH is a ripoff now and are very misleading. If you look on purchade pages, (kimsufi.com), it says unlimited bandwidth, which its not. Yes they mention SLA but how many potential customers know what that is.. very misleading. Also, if you are using 36 hours/month of 11MB/s you will get put into NoSLA and you have a useless box. Also, as the OP states, Oles will not explain how any of this works.

dance4
11-18-2008, 10:43 PM
you will get put into NoSLA and you have a useless box.

Please if don't know something don't express your opinions about it !

slayer2005
11-18-2008, 10:59 PM
To be honest your still not going to get a better provider.
Go look and see what you can find for the same price.
Bet you cant :p

viper151
11-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Bet i can :P Hosting-ie :D
It has a setup fee but for a year instead of 39euros per month i'll have to pay 44 :) Not a big deal

slayer2005
11-18-2008, 11:06 PM
It has a setup fee but for a year instead of 39euros per month i'll have to pay 44 :) Not a big deal

One provider ive never tried.
They are reseller of keyweb i think.
But still set up fees :shutup:

dance4
11-18-2008, 11:13 PM

Yeah and amazing support :D

viper151
11-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Really??? :O Are you sure about that?
The truth is that some servers have the same specs but also the same price so i'm not sure they resell.. They don't have their fees?

johhn
11-19-2008, 12:00 AM
just found out about this today, any idea if this new policy will be applied to old acc right away, been using kimsufi for the last few month, already paid for the next two months, what should I do now ?
any idea where to find a similar one like unmetered 2XL ? 30 quid per month including VAT and I'm sharing it wit my mate, so only paying 15 quid.

viper151
11-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Hmm there is no change for the old accounts as i realised actually.
The previous terms still exist but there are other 3 plans you can get.
Quote by oles @ovh forum

Hello,
For the UK / ES / PL / DE / IT / PT / NL / IE / CZ, we decided
to propose the series "Go / month" and "Burstable" and more
our series SLA Standard and Premium. Also, we start
officially unlimited rounds up with 1Gbps/serveur
the SLA Business VIP.

Of the servers Kimsufi, we now offer 3
types of bandwidth:
- GB / month (only UK / ES / PL / DE / IT / PT / NL / IE / CZ)
- Burstable (only UK / ES / PL / DE / IT / PT / NL / IE / CZ)
- SLA Standard (100Mbps unsecured beyond 95%)
- Unmetered (which references to servers PRO)

On servers PRO, we now offer 4 types of
Bandwidth:
- GB / month (only UK / ES / PL / DE / IT / PT / NL / IE / CZ)
- Burstable (only UK / ES / PL / DE / IT / PT / NL / IE / CZ)
- Premium SLA 100Mbps/client
- Unmetered (Unlimited)
- Business 100Mbps Unmetered SLA / server
- Business 200Mbps Unmetered SLA / server
- Business 300Mbps Unmetered SLA / server
- SLA Business VIP 1000Mbps Unmetered / server

The goal is to make our offers comparable offers
our competitors on European markets. Our offers
Standard and Premium SLA have major advantages over
GB / month and Burstable and it is hoped that these benefits
will become better. On the French market, customers
especially seeking offers "no surprises at the end of the month"
and with a maximum bandwidth. We will therefore
not propose GB / month and Burstable in France.

Yours
Octave

"GO/Go" is GB (GigaByte)

But i can't still understand.. Ovh servers in premium sla have still unlimited or its shared between the client's servers? Or the share activates after extreme use of the servers?? Because if that is true then kimsufi are the best :)

dance4
11-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Ovh servers in premium sla have still unlimited or its shared between the client's servers? Or the share activates after extreme use of the servers?? Because if that is true then kimsufi are the best :)
OMG :D

If you have one server you have 100Mbit/s , if you have 3 servers then you have 15Mbit (transit) and 100Mbit (peering) per server !!!!!!!
If you have server from seedplace probably you will have 15Mbit (transit) and 100Mbit (peering) . Ask them. But you don't see any difference :D

jaszypoo
11-19-2008, 03:21 AM
Damn it. I'm confused as hell. heh.

apextwin146
11-19-2008, 04:20 AM
guys move on to server.lu if u cant figure out OVH ..

pplush259
11-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Ovh servers in premium sla have still unlimited or its shared between the client's servers? Or the share activates after extreme use of the servers?? Because if that is true then kimsufi are the best :)
OMG :D

If you have one server you have 100Mbit/s , if you have 3 servers then you have 15Mbit (transit) and 100Mbit (peering) per server !!!!!!!
If you have server from seedplace probably you will have 15Mbit (transit) and 100Mbit (peering) . Ask them. But you don't see any difference :D

Smart ya , pls update your site with same info too coz it ensure new folks dont get confused reading so many forums/websites with new schemes..

Vanquiz
11-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Im not quite following all these new things.

All I know is, the speed I can get if I download from server is only around 10-50KB/s, which yesterday is around 500-800KB/s via HTTP or FTP. For torrenting I still can get 2-4MB upload I think.

I use dedicated from seedhost to offer Direct Download service for my site members.

Is this caused by these OVH/Kimsufi changes or a different problem?

Thanks

EDIT : Looks like my HTTP/FTP speed is back to normal now o.O

pplush259
11-19-2008, 07:03 AM
dont be surprised if u get ugly christmas gifts from ovh again , they have a habit of changing their bandwidth policy too frequently to remember what they have in place too.. Their half the time is spent explaining customers what bandwidth is , sla is . Why cant they just have a plane simple technique:

U pay 50e, use 10tb at 100megs , thats it.. Just like US hosts do, pay 80-90$, take the bandwidth limit and use..

joey
11-19-2008, 09:08 AM
yes if you will use bw extremally

What does that mean exactly? I'm a member of seedhost right now...can you shed some light on that? What is extreme bandwidth use? 11mb/s all the time? 5mb/s all the time? 3mb/s all the time?

I would like to maximize use of the box without getting capped...any help you can give is appreciated.

Squizzle
11-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Im not quite following all these new things.

All I know is, the speed I can get if I download from server is only around 10-50KB/s, which yesterday is around 500-800KB/s via HTTP or FTP. For torrenting I still can get 2-4MB upload I think.

I use dedicated from seedhost to offer Direct Download service for my site members.

Is this caused by these OVH/Kimsufi changes or a different problem?

Thanks

EDIT : Looks like my HTTP/FTP speed is back to normal now o.O

Basically the internal bandwidth is the amount of bandwidth your box has to other OVH boxes, will be unlimited, as it costs them fuck all.

Those massive circle-jerk swarms you see on sites like ScT are largely made up of OVH'ers duplicating files across racks and cabinets xD

What costs OVH money is transit - "OVH to internet", pushing data out of the OVH datacentre and onto the interwebs.

So they're gonna throttle that. That's also where your 100mbit port doesn't mean shit anymore. They don't have the capacity to push out 100mbit from each box to the carriers.

puckface
11-19-2008, 11:47 PM
you will get put into NoSLA and you have a useless box.

What makes you think I dont know anything about this. This is straight from their forums. 36 hrs/month and you are in NoSLA.

whats there to debate?

dance4
11-20-2008, 12:00 AM

What makes you think I dont know anything about this. This is straight from their forums. 36 hrs/month and you are in NoSLA.

whats there to debate?

Hah now is only sla standard and premium :D so you don't know nothing !

puckface
11-20-2008, 12:31 AM
whatever , i dont know what your problem is with me, or if you work for OVH or something but your standard sla will get limited to 10Mb/s and your pro sla will get limited to 20Mb/s

I wont debate, read the forums. Im just passing along information for potential customers who dont want to get ripped off

EDIT: the question is now moot anyway, they have put maximum bandwidth on their packages. 5TB for 50 euro (for their cheapest package), and non OVH/OVH traffic is capped at 1MB/s. What a joke really.

viper151
11-20-2008, 01:22 AM
No not 1 mb/s.. 1 mbps :P Thats more joke.. Why do that if everything was running smoothly until now and the rules have allready changed?

dance4
11-20-2008, 01:32 AM
No not 1 mb/s.. 1 mbps :P Thats more joke.. Why do that if everything was running smoothly until now and the rules have allready changed?
F***, you are blind or ?

There is no changes from September on Standard & Premium. It's
the same. We have just ADDED 2 new bandwidth's offers. That is
all

1Mbps it's only with traffic series !

puckface
11-20-2008, 01:36 AM
regardless.. if you need truly unlimited bandwidth you need to shell out 200 euro for thier lowest price package.

viper151
11-20-2008, 01:49 AM
OVH to InternetOVH (Peering)1 Mbps
That is what i see..
Ah and aalso notice that puckface is talking about the traffic series..

slayer2005
11-20-2008, 03:12 AM
regardless.. if you need truly unlimited bandwidth you need to shell out 200 euro for thier lowest price package.

You choose the standard series.
Do you really think even b4 all this extra fine word print they have come up with you really got truly unlimited bandwidth?
Of course you didnt.Nothing has changed they have just added new choices.
Youl get the same kind of bw speed as b4 on the standard series.:)

kovacsj
11-23-2008, 02:40 PM
someone plz clarify,

if I order SP mini from ovh france, i gotta pay 50e setup + 58e/month, but for this money, what do i get in the bandwidth package that's called SLA Premium?
sorry if it was discussed before but i truly couldnt figure it out

johhn
11-23-2008, 04:58 PM
I was looking at the same package but from the uk site,http://www.ovh.co.uk/individual/products/superplan_mini.xml
been this is double price of the old 2XL with premium SLA, no set up fee for 12 months payment, guess even big firms like ovh needs more cash now under credit crunch.
any1 got cheaper dedi sever provider to recommend at all ?

pplush259
11-23-2008, 07:09 PM
yeah sp premium, no prob at all when u order through fr website, it shud be 100mbit unmetered premium SLA ..

seedplace
11-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Seedplace is reselling this package without setup fee at all if you are interested. The no setup fee is from ovh.co.uk that offers no setup fee free until 30 November.

dance4
11-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Seedplace is reselling this package without setup fee at all if you are interested. The no setup fee is from ovh.co.uk that offers no setup fee free until 30 November.

I am wondering how many servers you buy per client. It's a very important bit of information. I saw in one of your posts that you don't guarantee 100 Mbit but you write it's SLA Premium and the same can be seen in your offer. Unfortunately you didn't write what this means. Therefore I'd like to explain that. There are three options: one is traffic, everybody knows what it is, the second one - standard, the third - burstable.

Standard is 100 Mbit guaranteed per client, i.e. when you have got 1 server you've got 100 Mbit. If for instance you've got 3 servers then this 100 Mbit is shared by your three servers. If you have got 5, then there are 5 servers to share it etc.

Burstable - if your server uses more than 15 Mbit in 95 %, then the server will be capped to 15 Mbit.

So it may turn out that you'll buy a lot of servers per one client and the speed will be capped even to 5-10 Mbit. Additionally if you buy a lot of servers from the Kimsufi offer the consequences will be even more disastrous.

seedplace
11-23-2008, 10:34 PM
That's why i don't guarantee 100/100. Also if you'd like to know only a few servers per account exist right now.

Also one more thing. Standard doesn't count on server/client sla rule. Only premium sla counts that. Kimsufi servers are except that rule

Also one more think..If you were client on my site you would had received a lot of mails concerning that matter and all the changes..

And why don't you tell us about your own site ? How can you guarantee 100 mpbs of premium sla servers?

johhn
11-23-2008, 10:51 PM
thanks for the explanation, just found this, didnt realize it b4, guess ovh isnt stupid after all.

Premium bandwidth
With Premium, OVH guarantees you 100 Mbps (or more) per infrastructure. We call infrastructure a group of servers that:
-belongs to the same client;
-exchange data permanently or temporary;
-are brought together behind a same domain name.

Example of bandwidth per server according to the number
Number of servers Premium
per infrastructure Premium
per server
1 100 Mbps 100 Mbps
2 100 Mbps 50 Mbps

3 100 Mbps 30 Mbps
4 100 Mbps 25 Mbps
5 100 Mbps 20 Mbps

6 120 Mbps 20 Mbps
7 140 Mbps 20 Mbps
8 160 Mbps 20 Mbps
8 160 Mbps 20 Mbps
9 180 Mbps 20 Mbps
10 200 Mbps 20 Mbps

15 300 Mbps 20 Mbps
20 400 Mbps 20 Mbps
50 1 000 Mbps 20 Mbps
100 2 000 Mbps 20 Mbps

joey
11-24-2008, 10:03 AM
And why don't you tell us about your own site ? How can you guarantee 100 mpbs of premium sla servers?

Bingo! I asked him earlier in this thread to explain a little about the service but he gave absolutely no reply. I mean what are you explaining seedplace for? Are you part of seedplace you retard? Leave his service alone and explain seedhost for christs sake....Dance are you some kind of a moron or something?

Get some balls already and answer my earlier question. Or are you all shady cause you are into ripping people off maybe?

I am wondering how many servers you buy per client. It's a very important bit of information. I saw in one of your posts that you don't guarantee 100 Mbit but you write it's SLA Premium and the same can be seen in your offer. Unfortunately you didn't write what this means. Therefore I'd like to explain that.

Hey idiot! Quit explaining his service and explain your own. The description on your site states something to the effect of "bandwidth not guaranteed"...WTF?? Stop being vague and shady and do some upkeep on your site and explain what the customer is getting. If you're too lazy to upgrade the site at least leave a half decent explanation in this forum.

pplush259
11-24-2008, 06:28 PM
i wonder when we will see their reply on ur queries..

dance4
11-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Bingo! I asked him earlier in this thread to explain a little about the service but he gave absolutely no reply. I mean what are you explaining seedplace for? Are you part of seedplace you retard? Leave his service alone and explain seedhost for christs sake....Dance are you some kind of a moron or something?

Get some balls already and answer my earlier question. Or are you all shady cause you are into ripping people off maybe?

HEY IDIOT! The fact that they don't guarantee doesn't mean that we don't either. Everything is ok with our website. 100 Mbit guarateed is exactly 100 Mbit guaranteed. So mr. BINGO ?

Hey idiot! Quit explaining his service and explain your own. The description on your site states something to the effect of "bandwidth not guaranteed"...WTF?? Stop being vague and shady and do some upkeep on your site and explain what the customer is getting. If you're too lazy to upgrade the site at least leave a half decent explanation in this forum.

Don't you know what "not always quaranted" is ? LOL

My aim was not to criticise but to explain the rules of SLA Premium if they don't quarantee 100Mbit.

joey
11-24-2008, 08:51 PM
HEY IDIOT! The fact that they don't guarantee doesn't mean that we don't either. Everything is ok with our website. 100 Mbit guarateed is exactly 100 Mbit guaranteed. So mr. BINGO ?

If it's guaranteed all the time then how does the "Bandwidth not always guaranteed" fall into the picture? What does that mean with respect to your single person seedboxes?

Don't you know what "not always quaranted" is ? LOL

LOL!! No I don't...nobody does except you! Don't act like that is some clear cut explanation. And if I knew what it meant why would I be asking you that genius? And answering my question with a question just proves that you're being evasive about the issue...I can see right through your bullshit.

viper151
11-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Wrong post.

dance4
11-24-2008, 09:11 PM
If it's guaranteed all the time then how does the "Bandwidth not always guaranteed" fall into the picture? What does that mean with respect to your single person seedboxes?

No comment ! You don't know what you are writting...

Maybe read carefully your reply #48 post :D then you will know what reply was about !

joey
11-24-2008, 11:25 PM
More evasiveness from you. I wonder what you are trying to hide?

*STANDARD bandwith - not always guaranteed.

Simple question...what does that mean? That's directly from your site bro. :D

dance4
11-24-2008, 11:36 PM
More evasiveness from you. I wonder what you are trying to hide?

*STANDARD bandwith - not always guaranteed.

Simple question...what does that mean? That's directly from your site bro. :D

HIDE ? What ? STANDARD bandwith - not always guaranteed.= not always guaranteed

Ohh i know you want kimsufi with PREMIUM bandwith :D

joey
11-25-2008, 02:10 AM
No...I want you to explain the policy on your site...the policy you established. :D OVH has some rules but none of them say what your site says...since you seem rather thick let me break it down for you. How much bandwidth a month can I do or how much average speed can I do? You get it? How about doing some math? I know it's hard and it probably hurts your brain but try it...it won't be too bad. Since you seem to have different policies than OVH maybe you can explain it. :D

viper151
11-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Joey first of all ovh has a lot of policys right now and one of them is traffic/month you are reffering to. The average speed depends on a lot of thinks.
Now i just wonders how seedhost.eu can guarantee 100/100 when OVH doesn't :)

dance4
11-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Since you seem to have different policies than OVH maybe you can explain it. :D

hahahahaha NO COMMENT ...

joey
11-25-2008, 07:14 PM

I am wondering the same thing.

hahahahaha NO COMMENT ...

You are running out of ideas on how to be evasive aren't you? :D

Since you have short memory let me remind you.

The fact that they don't guarantee doesn't mean that we don't either. Everything is ok with our website. 100 Mbit guarateed is exactly 100 Mbit guaranteed.

Sounds like you have different policies from OVH to me. :D Or at least you claim to have.

dance4
11-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Sounds like you have different policies from OVH to me. :D Or at least you claim to have.

Really you don't know what you write and what you read !!!

Servers from OVH.* are with quarantee, so ?

But OK what we have different ?

Firstly, get acquainted with the OVH offer because you seem to know it poorly. Then you will probably stop writing that crap and make a fool of yourself. Nobody has got any problems with understanding the offer except you..

viper151
11-25-2008, 07:42 PM
why are you so compative?? We are not all interested only at that. We've got other interests ofc.
I know that ovh guarantee only if you have only 1 server.. If you have 2 the bandwidth is shared between those 2. So how can you guarantee from the moment you are one client? That's what i'm asking to know

dance4
11-25-2008, 08:01 PM
why are you so compative?? We are not all interested only at that. We've got other interests ofc.
I know that ovh guarantee only if you have only 1 server.. If you have 2 the bandwidth is shared between those 2. So how can you guarantee from the moment you are one client? That's what i'm asking to know

Really you are blind or you can't read ?
You get the reply on PM ... but i will write that once again ...
IT"S NOT YOUR BUSINESS..
Is quaranteed and that is all !

joey
11-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Really you don't know what you write and what you read !!!

I've learned 2 things from your responses:

1. I bet your customer service sux ass
2. I bet if we had to take an English test I would do a lot better than you. It seems you aren't too proficient in the use of the English language.

The fact that they don't guarantee doesn't mean that we don't either.

That means you have a different policy. That's what you're saying. If you don't have a different policy then don't say that you do. :wacko:

TechnoMan80
12-07-2008, 02:03 PM
but what if you have 2 accounts ?
can they track ?

happy2472
03-27-2009, 02:50 PM
anyone know how i can get a hold of squizzle ?????

LJ.
03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
omg nice bump

cstrik3
03-29-2009, 11:09 PM
anyone know how i can get a hold of squizzle ?????

last posts was on 07-12-08 :unsure: