PDA

View Full Version : Being connectable?

piratebot
11-19-2008, 12:13 AM
I don't fucking get it. I read the guides. I selected a port. I configured my router, etc. And I'm connectable. The uTorrent test says so, and other tests says so.

But then sometimes, suddenly, I'm no longer connectable. Nothing's changed. WTF. It might be my shitty Netgear router. I don't know.

11-19-2008, 12:28 AM
im on netgear and after i port forwarded & im constantly connectible , so the problem might be on your side or just specific to your router

Squizzle
11-19-2008, 12:28 AM
"But then sometimes, suddenly, I'm no longer connectable."

According to who/what/which site?

piratebot
11-19-2008, 12:36 AM
utorrrent test, sct, bmtv, some site i googled etc.

LubTheStaringCat
11-19-2008, 12:47 AM
A firewall a while back packed up on me, It kept closing windows eventually I uninstalled It.
Installed a new firewall did the router thingy portforward everything I did with the old firewall.
And I'm still unconnectable that was several month ago, I still get the same speeds and all but I'm still unconnectable

Eventually I declared victory and move on, I still don't why I'm unconnectable.

Night0wl
11-19-2008, 03:14 AM
My router gets weird after about 2-3 weeks. After a 10-15 minutes break, I turn it back on and it's back to it's old self again.

Maybe it's something like that, which is wrong, just more frequent.

phrenzy
11-19-2008, 03:49 AM
I set up a static ip and allways connectable everywhere i go..

saimer
11-19-2008, 06:29 AM
I don't fucking get it. I read the guides. I selected a port. I configured my router, etc. And I'm connectable. The uTorrent test says so, and other tests says so.

But then sometimes, suddenly, I'm no longer connectable. Nothing's changed. WTF. It might be my shitty Netgear router. I don't know.

If you setup your port forwarding correctly, make sure you also set static IP in your PC - the one installed utorrent.

phosphors
11-19-2008, 06:41 AM
can you still max your download on "unconnectable"

piratebot
11-19-2008, 07:13 AM
hm, ok, I didn't have a static IP setup :shutup: So I hope this should make things better.

can you still max your download on "unconnectable"
Probably. I was more upset about not connecting to the entire leeching pool on a torrent I recently upped. A swede got all the glory.