PDA

View Full Version : September 11

dingoBaby
09-08-2003, 05:50 PM
What do you remember about that terrible day? Where were you when you heard the news? What were you doing? Please do not use this thread for arguing and flamming. Be respectful.

When I heard the news, I was in the car with my boss. We were just pulling into the parking lot of a customer, about 50 miles north of Manhatten. It was just before 10:00 am. We had met up on Connecticut earlier that morning and spent the ride discussing out meeting, business in general, sports, etc. The usual banter between salesmean. The radio was on in the background, tuned to a sports talk station but it was so quiet we couldn't hear it over the engine and road noise.

As we pulled into a parking space and my boss put the car in park I heard a brief snippet of a news report. "...there has been an explosion at the Pentagon." I didn't think I had heard it correctly so I asked my boss to leave the car running for a minute. We sat there in a state of utter shock as we heard about the events of the morning. My first thoughts were of my parents. One works in mid town Manhatten and the other works in New Jersey, just outside the Lincoln Tunnel, off Route 3. As it turns out, they were both in Manhatten that morning but were safe and sound (my sisters and I didn't find that out until late in the afternoon).

We ended up going in for our meeting which, needless to say, was not productive at all. Our customer had a tv card in his computer so we sat and watched the news coverage for about 30 minutes then decided to head home. While driving back I remember feeling disoriented and insisting to my boss that we were going the wrong way (which were not).

What I remember most about the rest of the day, and the few days afterward, is the weather. It was beautiful, blue skies and warm. I am not sure why that sticks out in my memory so clearly, but it does.

I also remember staring at the sky and not seeing any planes. It was a most disconcerting feeling, as I live very close to an Air Reserve base and an international airport. The other feeling that sticks out in my mind was dread. I just keep thinking that it wasn't over and the other shoe was about to fall, so to speak.

I was fortunate not to have lost any friends or loved ones to that horrible tragedy. There were some tense hours as I tried to get in touch with my folks and some friends that live and work in NYC. As we approach the anniversy of the attacks I hope you will join me in taking some time to reflect and maybe tell someone close to you that you love them.

I aplogize for rambling on but this has just been on my mind. Peace.

NG

Illuminati
09-08-2003, 06:03 PM
I'll be truthful - I was at high school that day. My mother called me on my phone and told me about it. Apparantly my brother (elder by 10 years and in his own home nearby) phoned her and told her and she passed it on to me. As much as my brother hardly ever lies, I thought it was a prank that got huge (kinda like the recent flashmobbing). It was only when I saw the live news on CNN 10 minutes later that I believed it.

I got the news right after the first tower hit, and I thought that was it and I'd watch to see what the scene was there - Then the second hit. Totally unexpected.

To respect the others reading this and those who were there at the time (plus to minimise this becoming a flame war), I won't say what my opinion was. What I will say is that while I wasn't like those in Palestine who were cheering in the streets on the news, it wasn't a feeling of that the US didn't deserve it at all.
That was my opinion of it though - Please, no-one start lynching indiscriminantly because of what I said - I'm not one to lie to god knows how many.

james_bond_rulez
09-08-2003, 06:37 PM
amen

Illuminati
09-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@8 September 2003 - 19:37
dude it's been 2 years give it a rest already
Well the second anniversary of the WTC incident is three days away - It's likely gonna be hard to keep away from it, the way media is nowadays.

I think dingo was talking about the incident because of that - Would you tolerate it more when it was talked about near to any 9/11 or an unrelated day on the other side of the year?

J'Pol
09-08-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@8 September 2003 - 19:03
I'll be truthful - I was at high school that day. My mother called me on my phone and told me about it. Apparantly my brother (elder by 10 years and in his own home nearby) phoned her and told her and she passed it on to me. As much as my brother hardly ever lies, I thought it was a prank that got huge (kinda like the recent flashmobbing). It was only when I saw the live news on CNN 10 minutes later that I believed it.

I got the news right after the first tower hit, and I thought that was it and I'd watch to see what the scene was there - Then the second hit. Totally unexpected.

To respect the others reading this and those who were there at the time (plus to minimise this becoming a flame war), I won't say what my opinion was. What I will say is that while I wasn't like those in Palestine who were cheering in the streets on the news, it wasn't a feeling of that the US didn't deserve it at all.
That was my opinion of it though - Please, no-one start lynching indiscriminantly because of what I said - I'm not one to lie to god knows how many.
It wasn't the US who died, it was thousands of people who were murdered whilst just going about their normal lives. Some of them in particularly horrific ways.

There's no need for me to go into that, we have all seen the pictures.

MetroStars
09-08-2003, 08:21 PM
dude it's been 2 years give it a rest already

Iam not flaming but how can u say that...

The attack on the world trade center, in my eyes is the worst thing that has ever happend on US soil...

And i will never forget that, so plz don't say things like give it a rest...

http://www.scottdecker.com/i_love_new_york.gif

Illuminati
09-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by MetroStars@8 September 2003 - 21:21
The attack on the world trade center, in my eyes is the worst thing that has ever happend on US soil...
Pearl Harbour? ;)

MetroStars
09-08-2003, 08:31 PM
i wasn't around then, granted it was bad, but i wos not around, but the Twin Tower attacks was horrid the sadness and the grief around was sumthing i have never felt...

thewizeard
09-08-2003, 08:32 PM
The difference being, Pearl Harbour was a 'legitimate' military target and the Twin Towers a civilian target...

J'Pol
09-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by nigel123@8 September 2003 - 21:32
The difference being, Pearl Harbour was a 'legitimate' military target and the Twin Towers a civilian target...
I was just going to say that. The twin towers had no military significance at all.

It was purely a terrorist target.

Gemby!
09-08-2003, 08:52 PM
i only heard about it at about 3.30 which was when i got home from school - we heard nothing about it in school .
and at first i didnt realise how serious it was untill the next day when it showed more detail about what happened

james_bond_rulez
09-08-2003, 09:01 PM
amen

bigboab
09-08-2003, 10:08 PM
Another sad thing about the 9/11 atrocities was the fact that the authorities were given the names of the pilots and their targets in august 2001 by Mossad. Why Oh why was nothing done about it?

l_p_4_7
09-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Although it will be the 2nd anniversary of this horrible and terrible day in a few days I still have vivid images and memories of the event in my mind.

I feel as if I have moved on but everytime I see pictures of the WTC or hear reports about them on the news it saddens me.

It makes me think about all the innocent people (from all different cultures) who were slaughtered by fundementalists who aimed to kill Americans to promote an unjust cause (one fueled by jealousy and ignorance) - and in actual truth probably killed other Muslims at the same time, which futher portrays how uncivilised and ignorant al-qaeda and other zealous fundementalists are.

I will be paying my respects this Thursday and remembering those who lost their lives.

wolfman10_2000
09-09-2003, 12:33 AM
When I saw those planes hit the tower it felt as if my heart has stopped beating. I was in New York 2 months before the incedent and actually took the tour up to the top of the towers. There was a gift shop up there and I remember meeting the lady and asking how much a certian item was. When I saw those planes hit and the callapsing of those towers I knew that they were now past on which really let a low deep feeling over me. It may be 2 years since the incedent happened but we still must remember the day that many civilens,firemen,police officers ect. lost there lives and even though I was'nt alive to see the death of JFK or Pearl Harbor or any other bad events, we all know about it but never actually expeirenced how it felt. Sept. 11 showed me that we are a nation that does not get let down by terroriest attack but rise up and remember. I hope that the reletives of the people that died that day are now passed on and that the pain is nolonger bad as it was on that day.

-Mike

Barbarossa
09-09-2003, 10:20 AM
Having walked around the top of Tower 2 about a year before, I still to this day find it hard to believe they are not there anymore. Thankfully I have some incredible photographs of the view from there, that I will keep forever.

chalice
09-09-2003, 11:06 AM
I was at home washing dishes in my kitchen when I heard the news on BBC Radio2. There was something urgent and bewildered in Steve Wright's voice and the abstract moment shook me so badly that a casorole dish slipped from my hands and shattered, a little too symbolically, to the floor. I didn't clean up the shards until much later in the evening.

Such was the intensity of that afternoon that obvious sequiturs escaped me and instead of employing infant reason and walking two yards into the living room to turn on the tv I stood transfixed in the kitchen for two hours listening to the radio.

When finally I saw the images, and what a spectacle to behold, I felt a strange, ungraspable disbelief, as if the radio had maternally shielded my eyes from a grotesque.

Billy_Dean
09-09-2003, 11:29 AM
This isn't a flame either. I feel for those who lost friends and family.

I just wonder how you feel about the 20-30,000 innocent Afghani men women and children who were slaughtered by coalition forces in retaliation??

B)

hobbes
09-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@9 September 2003 - 12:29
This isn't a flame either.  I feel for those who lost friends and family.

I just wonder how you feel about the 20-30,000 innocent Afghani men women and children who were slaughtered by coalition forces in retaliation??

B)
I add them to the list of people killed by Bin Laden. A true martyr, a man of God, would have stepped forward to claim responsibility, knowing he was saving the lives of his Afghani comrades who had harbored him. He would have retired to a victorious after-life.

Instead, like a mortal coward, he ran away and was assisted by the government of Afghanistan. He is a man interested in fame and power, not a resprestative of the Islamic faith. My Saudi friend here, tells me that Islam is about peace.

We asked for the leaders to be turned over, they we not.

After such an attack, I see no option for America. Attack with all the force available, follow all leads, kill the source. An example must be made, I think we were too soft. All those killed are on his shoulders. I consider the lives of those innocent, here and abroad, equal as humans. I do not see another option, however.

Let the UN handle the matter, let there be diplomatic negotiations? I cannot invision any country with the means pursuing this route.

That is what I think. He killed those he hated and he killed those who harboured him.

sabbath
09-09-2003, 07:17 PM
A stupid act, an act of a coward, the hit in the twin towers

I would also love to be here with all of you a year or two after and listen to other excuses about attacking North Korea, Syria, Iran (clearing up the place for Israel, you know...)

Rat Faced
09-10-2003, 12:57 AM

The Afgans were willing to hand them over, to any country except the US for trial.

There stated reason: They would not receive a fair trial in the USA.

Going off a certain base in Cuba.......the USA has not exactly proved them wrong.

Billy_Dean
09-10-2003, 01:58 AM
I add them to the list of people killed by Bin Laden. A true martyr, a man of God, would have stepped forward to claim responsibility, knowing he was saving the lives of his Afghani comrades who had harbored him. He would have retired to a victorious after-life.

Instead, like a mortal coward, he ran away and was assisted by the government of Afghanistan. He is a man interested in fame and power, not a resprestative of the Islamic faith. My Saudi friend here, tells me that Islam is about peace.

After such an attack, I see no option for America. Attack with all the force available, follow all leads, kill the source. An example must be made, I think we were too soft. All those killed are on his shoulders. I consider the lives of those innocent, here and abroad, equal as humans. I do not see another option, however.

Let the UN handle the matter, let there be diplomatic negotiations? I cannot invision any country with the means pursuing this route.

That is what I think. He killed those he hated and he killed those who harboured him.

So, had these people been hiding out in, say, China, would the US have attacked??

Of course not! There's a big difference between attacking a country with a well trained army, navy and air force, and a country that has none of these!

I repeat .... the United States is a bully!! Like all bullies, they know who to fight, and they know who to leave alone.

And as for claiming that the slaughter of 10's of thousands of innocent civilians in a revenge attack was justified!! I wish you many more 911's, because if that's your attitude, you deserve them!!

:ph34r:

james_bond_rulez
09-10-2003, 02:23 AM
amen

hobbes
09-10-2003, 03:29 AM
I find it naive to think that they would have turned over anyone of importance. Certain people would have disappeared and the Afghans would have requested more time to find them. Meanwhile they are funneled out of the country. They say, "They are all gone?, Don't attack us, they slipped away in the night". And this did happen anyway, no?

I understand a stall tactic when I see one.

I want to apologize to anyone who thinks that I don't value life outside the US, that is wrong. I think the situation was terrible, but the realistic alternatives few. It is so difficult when military targets and civilians melt together.

clocker
09-10-2003, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@9 September 2003 - 18:57

The Afgans were willing to hand them over, to any country except the US for trial.

And the Taliban was the exemplar of a fair judicial system?

wormless
09-10-2003, 04:16 AM
it wasnt jus the us it was people from diff countries who died i got the dvd in memory off those who died.i was workin at the time wud off been 2pm uk time just started at 2pm

wormless
09-10-2003, 04:19 AM
just one thing with the americans friendly fire killing the uk soldiers not havin a go or nuffing just stateing

Billy_Dean
09-10-2003, 05:36 AM
And the Taliban was the exemplar of a fair judicial system?

Who funded the Taliban Clocker?

It was YOUR government, get your facts straight!

http://www.mediamonitors.net/mosaddeq2.html

By 1991-92, the US and the USSR finally reached an agreement that neither would continue to supply aid to any faction in Afghanistan. However, the numerous militant factions previously funded and armed by the US have been vying for supremacy. One of the armed Afghan factions funded by the CIA during this war was the Taliban, an apparently Islamic movement. With the departure of Soviet troops in 1989, these factions began vying with one another for supremacy, the Taliban eventually arising as the dominant force in Afghanistan. As a coherent politico-military faction or movement, the Taliban did not exist prior to October 1994, but were members of other factions such as Harakat-e Islami and Mohammad Nabi Mohammadi, or operated independently without a centralised command centre.

Illuminati
09-10-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by sabbath@9 September 2003 - 20:17
I would also love to be here with all of you a year or two after and listen to other excuses about attacking North Korea, Syria, Iran (clearing up the place for Israel, you know...)
I think you'll find that a lot of those who went anti-war on the Iraq issue WOULD support war with one of those countries.

Iraq posed no confirmed threat - That's why a few were wary about going in full-force. North Korea's nuclear weapons program is no secret - In fact, two of the anti-war newspapers in the UK were encouraging Blair to order troops to North Korea instead of Iraq because of that.

It&#39;s a bit funny that Blair&#39;s been a little schtum about that <_<

BTW do not associate me with Billy_Dean; this was an independent view to respond to sabbath&#39;s post. Although I&#39;m a firm believer of everyone deserves an opinion, Billy_Dean&#39;s timing makes me oppose this view - Now is not the time to argue about the incident, but to respect those who died in it.

Billy_Dean
09-10-2003, 11:11 AM
I appreciate what your saying Illuminati, and if you read my first post in this thread you&#39;ll see I asked only how people feel about the 20-30,000 innocent Afghanis that were killed. I stated this was not a flame, and I paid respects to those who died on 911. Can we not at the same time pay respects to ALL innocent people who have died because of this incident? Or are American lives more important? Why is the murder of 3,000 westerners a "tragedy", whilst the slaughter of 10 times that number called "collateral damage"?? To me, what happened to innocent Afghanis was 10 times worse than what happened on 911.

And if no-one else is willing to acknowledge them, I will&#33;

May their souls rest in peace.

jetje
09-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 September 2003 - 13:11
I appreciate what your saying Illuminati, and if you read my first post in this thread you&#39;ll see I asked only how people feel about the 20-30,000 innocent Afghanis that were killed. I stated this was not a flame, and I paid respects to those who died on 911. Can we not at the same time pay respects to ALL innocent people who have died because of this incident? Or are American lives more important? Why is the murder of 3,000 westerners a "tragedy", whilst the slaughter of 10 times that number called "collateral damage"?? To me, what happened to innocent Afghanis was 10 times worse than what happened on 911.

And if no-one else is willing to acknowledge them, I will&#33;

May their souls rest in peace.
Billy Jean, you seem to forget one important thing...

This topic was out of respect to all INNOCENT people that lost their lives on 911.

People dying in wars, acts of crime or terrorism are all innocent. Try to seperate that from the question of who&#39;s guilty and what is worse.... There is just no worse, all the innocent deaths deserves our deepest respect.... ;) No matter what side your on....

Billy_Dean
09-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Well first of all jetje, my name is not Billy Jean, you seem to be mistaking me for a song written by a well known child molester&#33; In fact, it&#39;s not Billy Dean either, but that&#39;s another story...

As for the word guilty .. did I use that word?

When using the term "worse" I was refering to the scale of life lost. Or is it not correct to say that 10 deaths is worse than one&#33;

And my last point is this, this thread was NOT started to respect ALL innocent deaths, it was started to remember only the deaths of 911.

Can we not at the same time pay respects to ALL innocent people who have died because of this incident?

As you can see, I was the one who first mentioned ALL the deaths.

jetje
09-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Sorry for the mistyping name.. Billy_Dean...

What i was pointing at, if someone starts a post where they ask for respect for innocent death, you just do that or leave the topic alone... It is not a discussion on what was worse, wrong or right... just respect the innocent death

more clear now&#33;

Start a new topic on what is worse or... This is not the topic to do that&#33; This is in memorian to 911... with nice and peacefull intentions :)

kAb
09-10-2003, 05:02 PM
ok flaming stop NOW&#33;
itd be good if a mod created a new thread and merged the shit into that one to keep this thread about what we remember on that day.
---------------------------------------------

I was waiting for the bus when my friend told me about what he had seen on the t.v. that terrorists had crashed planes into the WTC. At first i thought he was bullshitting me. So i just let it drift to the back of my head and started talking about other things. then i got on the bus and everyone was silent, the radio was on and i started listening. i almost shat my pants right then and there.

i got to school and went into a classroom which had a t.v. and was dumbfounded by the images of the planes flying into the wtc.

we were allowed to watch the news in most of my classes that day. but at night, i was unbelievably scared as to what might happen while i was sleeping, but i was also confident that the U.S. would not let anything else happen.

Suicyco247
09-10-2003, 06:34 PM
I&#39;ve always heard that there will always be a few instances in your life where you can remember and re-live that exact moment the rest of your life, so far I have three...

1:Challenger explosion

2:The day Dale Earnhardt died(as trivial as that sounds, it was a shock)

3: 9/11...

I had no work that day and had woke unusually early for a day off, about 9:10am. Being somewhat of a news junkie,(I disagree with many of US&#39;s policies as well but thats another post) my T.V. was still set to Fox News. As always I took note of the &#39;Fox News Alert&#39; but tended to disregard it as just another fluff story and started flipping to the three other news channels to see the real story, then I noticed that they were talking about a plane crashing into the one of the towers. I thought what kind of moron could have done such a thing, and continued to watch something that will always haunt me as one the most surreal days of my life. It was within ten or fifteen minutes of watching the sketchy details of the first crash that they broke in and said that a second plane had hit, at the exact same moment as millions of other people I realized this was no accident.

The rest of the morning I sat mesmerized watching history, unedited history, not like the clips they show out of respect now, unfold before my eyes, first watching as people were jumping and falling to their deaths, listening to a phone interview with a man trapped on an upper floor(who we all now know was speaking his final words live on the air), then as the unthinkable happened, the fucking building started to fall down.

I actually feel so guilty now because I felt excited watching this, not in a morbid way, but just the total chaos and awe of everything happening, no one knew what was happening. The newscasters were all professional just trying to report the story, it had none of the immediate impact of the tape you hear of the &#39;Hindenburg crash&#39;. Everyone was so calm talking about the hundreds of thousands that worked in and around the towers that may be dead, it just seemed like a movie, or a really bad nightmare.

In my opinion these are the things that separate this from every other tragedy, the fact that the &#39;impossible&#39; was happening live on the air, and millions of Americans and others around the world I imagine, were experiencing this together as one even though they were separated by millions of miles. I live in Ohio and don&#39;t know anyone in NY, but that day it didn&#39;t really matter, it felt like those were my family and my friends dying for some unknown reason.

May God Bless them all

Rat Faced
09-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by clocker+10 September 2003 - 04:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 10 September 2003 - 04:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@9 September 2003 - 18:57

And the Taliban was the exemplar of a fair judicial system? [/b][/quote]
No.

But the USA set &#39;em up, so it should have been.

You didnt quote the point, so i assume you agreed with it.

HOWEVER

Jetje is right, this thread is about respect for the dead....not arguing matters.

We&#39;ll take it up on another thread.

I was just on a British Military Base in yorkshire surveying the place, and found out when there was a security alert and i got searched by a couple of sentries.

I heard the details on the car radio later, on my way home........and watched the re-runs on TV.

No innocents should be made to pay the price of someones beliefs, whatever they are.

kAb
09-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Suicyco247@10 September 2003 - 10:34
I actually feel so guilty now because I felt excited watching this, not in a morbid way, but just the total chaos and awe of everything happening
I felt exactly the same way, and i feel that way every time i watch the planes crash into the buildings.

Infested Cats
09-11-2003, 08:33 PM
I remember (http://www.markfiore.com/animation/twoyear.html)... do you?

internet.news
09-11-2003, 10:51 PM
When sawing the planes and the crashing - second crashing, casue I&#39;ve been in the car on the way home drivin&#39; - I heared a sport plane crashed and did not think that it was an attack.

But when seeing all these events I feel desperately helpless in some ways and could not beleive it that this part of New York was gone, although I never have been in this city - I only was in London and it has wonderful atmosphere between people - I try to spread it out :) by sharing my thoughts openly - as well - to understand each other better. ( http://internet-news.gmxhome.de/london )

I also feel sad - in some ways about what was going on and on the side later that - although human life contains negative parts - it is sad about so much violence and people suffer in the world.

It also met me unexpected - that is why I could not believe that a part of New York was gone with some people.

During these events I heared "Come Along", by TITYO. When hearing it remembers this time - I also heared Faith Hill although I think some songs from her are really good like in Pearl Harbor. That is why I thought "There you&#39;ll be" really is good on a cemetery when someone died just to remember him or her...
he is not dead probably he or she is some kind of energy...

--&#62; The other thing why I think back to these sad events is that at that time in this week then my cousin from Gdansk visit me: after installing Audiogalaxy I started really filesharing with it sometimes and then more... ok, before I tried some Napster, but never on my copmuter and it was too slow...

I think I&#39;ve never downloaded or uploaded any file with napster, but audiogalaxy
was the fastest - at the beginning it wasn&#39;t fast but then changed some settings "bandwith" how many uploads and downloads at once - do not know exactly what I change, but then it worked really faster...

That is why I still hoping it will come back - and its blue interface is still good
to organise your music or mp3s :)

At that time on this day I downloaded Faith Hills song with audiogalaxy "There you&#39;ll be" ... iI remember it showed many times in my shared and everytime I see the date 9th 11. 2001 think of this events...

thanks anyway, david.

that is interesting, although it is just hazard and is not directly with the events:
when my sister were in new york sometime before with her boyfriend, they were
on the wtc as well as on the empire state building... and on the wtc her olympus
camera did not work correctls - that could have been a sign, probably - but I do not know, I juse think of it...

CadeLaguana
09-12-2003, 07:47 AM
Well I didn&#39;t actually see anything.. I was sleeping in from being up late night. I woke up around ten something in the morning... turned on the tv and the helicopter cam was possistioned somewhere were the two towers used to be. Smoke was everywhere so I woke up my girlfriend. She called one of her friends. She was telling me about her friend&#39;s uncle working in that building in NY...

While she was on the phone I just sat there in amazement as I watched the continue to show the plane go into the building...I thought to myself the hell those people on the plane must have went through right before they slammed into the building. I thought a lot of things...I keept picturing in my mind over and over again every single person on the plane...how horrible it was...

One video was from the first plane....I watched it so clearly right before it hit, in open view....It was like so.....Too much for words....I mean...you could actually SEE THIS. I&#39;ve never seen something so tragic, so clear, so recent....

I saw the first plane right before it hit...It look just so chilling. first couple a seconds, good building, full of people, good plane, full of people, in a split second...

Then those people were dead. I still can&#39;t get over it this day...

I watched as the people cried in the streets, helped each other out. It was a recording from when it happend since I woke up late, but it was still amazing. The thing I feel worst about is not being awake...I feel that I missed something that gatherd people, with love, helping each other out to rescue those people. Waking up late and watching that made me feel left out. Like I didn&#39;t get to feel the pain along with them...Felt like I wasn&#39;t apart of the greaving...that was a hurting feeling... Now When people ask, hey Baxton, where were you when that morning when that amazing, once in a lifetime, horrific event, that teamwork to save lives, that sacrifice by the police, fire fighters, the civilians donating blood, I&#39;ll have to look down in shame with, "I was asleep"

It takes a big event like this to show us how precious life is. I hear the news all the time about "A man was killed last night....", yet I just continue on with my life...

I shouldn&#39;t do that, we shouldn&#39;t do that.

May the lord be with all that died today, died that day, died yesterday, and for all that will die tomorrow. :flowers: peace ;)

dingoBaby
09-13-2003, 01:42 AM
Jetje,

Thanks for getting this topic back on course. Also thank you to those who shared their thoughts and memories on this subject.

Regardless of politics or religion, it was a terrible event and it was, and always will be, a day of great sadness.

Peace,

Neal

Everose
09-13-2003, 02:00 AM
I remember I had the morning news on but was in another room. As I left for work, I switched off the tv. Right before I switched it off, I saw this plane hit a large building. My thought was &#39;What the heck are they doing with a movie on when the news is supposed to be on?&#39;

I went on to work, and didn&#39;t have the radio on, but when I opened my e-mail, a lifetime friend of mine had sent me word. He would never lie to me, so I did not question him. I remember just being stunned.

I cannot remember anything else, but just this awful sense of unnatural quiet and being totally shocked and stunned.

The anger and deep grief hit later.