PDA

View Full Version : Where do I make a request?

Reverse_sides
11-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Pretty new the the whole newsgroup thing, only used it in the past to download the odd TV show I missed. So please excuse any complete noob-ishness.

Basically, I'm looking for Law & Order SVU: S09, the complete season. Since pretty much all the episodes from that season are not active any more.

Is this the right forum to request an upload? If not, where do I request?

Thanks.

JustDOSE
11-20-2008, 09:20 PM
search this forum and u will find ur answer :frusty:

Skiz
11-20-2008, 09:22 PM
We don't do requests here.

I'd recommend putting one on Usenet.

Reverse_sides
11-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks. How do I put a request on usenet?

JustDOSE
11-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Thanks. How do I put a request on usenet?

upload a file name "my request" on the proper server? :yup::yup::yup: i will pm u in the next two days with more info when im not lazy :mellow: maybe

z3phyr04
11-21-2008, 03:45 AM
You should probably request in one of the IRC channels for alt.binaries.* depending on what it is.

Reverse_sides
11-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the replies, sorry to sound like a complete idiot but those last two replies are gibberish to me lol. I have no idea what an ICR channel is, or alt.binaries, nor do I know what the proper server is. :blushing: Sorry.

As I said, I usually just come here, grab the episode I missed and use grabit to download it.

MultiForce
11-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the replies, sorry to sound like a complete idiot but those last two replies are gibberish to me lol. I have no idea what an ICR channel is, or alt.binaries, nor do I know what the proper server is. :blushing: Sorry.

As I said, I usually just come here, grab the episode I missed and use grabit to download it.

I guess he meant newsgroup not server. You have different groups for different stuff (games, music etc.).

By uploading a file called "REQ: WhateverYouWant" someone might upload it for you.
It's usually easier to upload something (whatever fits the group) and request at the same time. Then you've already done something for it.
You can use a program like PowerPost to post/upload.
There is a guide on it here:
http://www.djm.org.uk/ngguide/

And if you just want to post a message you can do it with some mailprograms or some newsreaders like Newsbin.

z3phyr04
11-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't see how people bother uploading stuff, why can't they just use the proper IRC channels to request? Surely they must notice the huge majority of requests are filled from there; alt.binaries.multimedia, alt.binaries.tvseries, alt.binaries.hdtv.x264, alt.binaries.cd.image et al.

Skiz
11-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't know how to use IRC. True story.

I've tried to use on several occasions when it was my only alternative, but it's beyond me I suppose.

Reverse_sides
11-23-2008, 02:30 PM

I guess he meant newsgroup not server. You have different groups for different stuff (games, music etc.).

By uploading a file called "REQ: WhateverYouWant" someone might upload it for you.
It's usually easier to upload something (whatever fits the group) and request at the same time. Then you've already done something for it.
You can use a program like PowerPost to post/upload.
There is a guide on it here:
http://www.djm.org.uk/ngguide/

And if you just want to post a message you can do it with some mailprograms or some newsreaders like Newsbin.

Thanks for the info, Ill give it a go. Now to find something to upload...

phoetriu
11-27-2008, 03:50 AM
I don't see how people bother uploading stuff, why can't they just use the proper IRC channels to request? Surely they must notice the huge majority of requests are filled from there; alt.binaries.multimedia, alt.binaries.tvseries, alt.binaries.hdtv.x264, alt.binaries.cd.image et al.

Can you point me in the direction of where I may find the server information for these IRC channels?

thanks

happy thanksgiving!

MultiForce
11-27-2008, 07:53 AM

Can you point me in the direction of where I may find the server information for these IRC channels?

thanks

happy thanksgiving!

Check the first post here. They are @ EfNet

http://www.zeropaid.com/bbs/archive/index.php/t-39631.html

Some request and fills here (not all groups though):
http://www.alt-bin.com/index.php?pg=r&ch=alt.binaries.cd.image

Just download mIRC (or another client for somewhere else:
http://www.mirc.com/