PDA

View Full Version : How to start?

Dnurg
11-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi guys.

I'm new to this private Tracker thing and I'm wondering, what is the best way to start.
I've an Bitsoup account (apps and movies) and an docs.torrents account (e-learning), but I wish to get on a popluar Tracker like TL or something like that. What need I to do to reach this goal?

How did you start?

Thanks in advance. :)

NinjaX
11-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Go to the Open Signup thread here, then join a few of those trackers.

Built up some good ratios there. after that you could go apply for higher level trackers in the giveaway section - you may get lucky. ;)

Good luck

sheriff 01
I wish you all the best in your stay here at FST.:)

alcoholik
just ask around for an invite ;) mayby yo get lucky ;)

CaptanAmerica
11-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi guys.

I'm new to this private Tracker thing and I'm wondering, what is the best way to start.
I've an Bitsoup account (apps and movies) and an docs.torrents account (e-learning), but I wish to get on a popluar Tracker like TL or something like that. What need I to do to reach this goal?

How did you start?

Thanks in advance. :)

i think best start would be if u invite me for docs.torrents :DDD if any invites left

JK, but im not against if ull :01:

Dnurg
11-23-2008, 03:53 PM
i think best start would be if u invite me for docs.torrents :DDD if any invites left

JK, but im not against if ull :01:

Sorry dude, I'm a pretty new user and so I don't have any invite.
Did you try to sign up? This was how I was able to get in.

CaptanAmerica
11-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Sorry dude, I'm a pretty new user and so I don't have any invite.
Did you try to sign up? This was how I was able to get in.

A confirmation email has been sent to the address you specified ([email protected]). You need to read and respond to this email before you can use your account. If you don't do this, the new account will be deleted automatically after a few days.

:w00t:

when i tried did it last time i got somin like: limit of users reached

ajsi
11-23-2008, 04:01 PM
edit that email asap omg :D

CaptanAmerica
11-23-2008, 04:04 PM

:naughty: edited before ive posted. im noob, but noobpro :shifty:

ajsi
11-23-2008, 04:05 PM

:naughty: edited before ive posted. im noob, but noobpro :shifty:ah that, i see, lol nice :D

integral
11-23-2008, 04:08 PM
If what you're asking for is assistance in getting invited to other trackers, I suggest being a good user here. This includes establishing your identity here, not trading, and attempting to help others.

By help others I don't mean doing 'extreme giveaways' every day. Just be kind, and I'm sure you'll end up being offered invites to places, but it's not an overnight thing. So just be patient. :)

respawn40
11-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Well, I started by...

Signing up to every open tracker under the sun :shifty:
I became pretty active here
Made some friends
Started getting active at sites to which I was a member

And then from there, everything pretty much fell into place :) You just have to give everything time. If you really want to get somewhere, you will get there eventually; provided you're a good person in general.

And although it may seem tempting to try and trade your way into trackers, try your best not to. It's much better to make friends and a reputation for yourself than to trade into trackers;)

Dnurg
11-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Thank you for your answers.
After getting a good ratio on Bitsoup (it seems to be easy to seed back, even with my poor upspeed), what would be next the tracker? IPTorrents? Demonoid? I've read a few reviews, but don't know if they are too old or something like that...

Another question about musictrackers: Is it hard to get Waffles or what, since I'm a music lover and i would love to be a part of them? Should I start with another musictracker, if there is another one?

Night0wl
11-23-2008, 04:40 PM
You can't be PM'ed, so others please be nice and don't use this.

(you have it by now right?)

Demonoid's a very good tracker, not just for those starting out.

slymester
11-23-2008, 04:43 PM
There are guests watching this thread so be very quick about that code

Dnurg
11-23-2008, 04:51 PM
You can't be PM'ed, so others please be nice and don't use this.

*code*

Demonoid's a very good tracker, not just for those starting out.

Thank you so much. :fst:
I was able to use the code fast enough. :w00t:
I hope, I will be able to use the account wisely.

Night0wl
11-23-2008, 04:53 PM
It's very easy to seed there, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy :)

wiseD
11-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Ah, and don't trade, everyone will hate you.

NippleCake
11-23-2008, 07:13 PM
make friends.. ..hope for an invite

i really wouldnt recommend trading it is not a road you want to go down, believe me it is far easier getting into trackers without trading :-)

cap87
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM
1º - Get informed and see what trackers do you need, do not be a collector. You can know better a tracker with a review. (and remember, levels are not quality)

2º - Never trade, it's bad for your reputation and it would be very dificult to enter in some trackers if you're a trader.

3º - keep a good ratio in your trackers and make many friends. ;)

BTW, if you are a music lover, i can offer you STMusic, its a nice place to start and its not that dificult to keep a good ratio. ( you just have to be carefull in the begining IMO)

Good Luck :)

Blackbeard
11-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Check these sites out:

http://www.trackerchecker.org/index.php
http://www.btracs.com/

They have a list of open signups, tho i prefer signing up to bitsoup, torrentbytes, demonoid, and zamunda.net Hope this helps. :)

chincha´s
11-23-2008, 08:07 PM
very well,great community,great help:yes:
I have funfile,if you want,send me p.m.is a nice generalist tracker:yes:

DeathAngel
11-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Make some good friends . That's all what you need and never Trade ;)

piratebot
11-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Add the phrase "ANTI-TRADER" somewhere in your profile and/or signature. Begin to troll/spam the traders in the req/giveaway section and trading section too. Also do tons of giveaways for low level trackers. Try to befriend people who are on the trackers you want.
Finally make a request. Just say you want to join a tracker for teh community. It doesn't matter what tracker. Hope that you get in.

Go to the Open Signup thread here, then join a few of those trackers.

Built up some good ratios there. after that you could go apply for higher level trackers in the giveaway section - you may get lucky. ;)

Good luck
this is good too.

nthpeter
11-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Check out the bittorrent giveaway thread.

danio
11-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Add the phrase "ANTI-TRADER" somewhere in your profile and/or signature. Begin to troll/spam the traders in the req/giveaway section and trading section too. Also do tons of giveaways for low level trackers. Try to befriend people who are on the trackers you want.
Finally make a request. Just say you want to join a tracker for teh community. It doesn't matter what tracker. Hope that you get in.

You're being sarcastic, right? :blink:

To the OP: i suggest making yourself known on the trackers you got. Maybe in their irc channel or in the forums. If you are a good member of the sites you got, chances are someone is willing to invite you to other places :). As others have said, you can get invites from the giveaways and request section here on FST aswell. But as a newbie, it's not that easy since noone here knows you. But the same thing applies here, get your face known and don't be a douche and break tracker rules etc. (if i'm inviting someone from this site, traders and attention whores who do extreme giveaways every day is not on my list of potential invitees).

Dnurg
11-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Thank you so much guys.
I will try to do well on my trackers and to get a good ratio.

very well,great community,great help:yes:
I have funfile,if you want,send me p.m.is a nice generalist tracker:yes:

BTW, if you are a music lover, i can offer you STMusic, its a nice place to start and its not that dificult to keep a good ratio. ( you just have to be carefull in the begining IMO)

Thanks a lot for your offers, but I can't send or recive PM's, because my account here is too young. :(
And at the moment I don't need any other tracker because I've Demonoid and Bitsoup for movies and games and I have what.cd (was able to get an invite through the invite-interview) for my music needs.

cinephilia
11-24-2008, 02:17 PM
I think that Demonoid and then, TL are a good training for new users ;)

pone44
11-24-2008, 10:59 PM
If T* has wait times then IPT is probably better for beginners.

Cabalo
11-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Thank you so much guys.
I will try to do well on my trackers and to get a good ratio.

Thanks a lot for your offers, but I can't send or recive PM's, because my account here is too young. :(
And at the moment I don't need any other tracker because I've Demonoid and Bitsoup for movies and games and I have what.cd (was able to get an invite through the invite-interview) for my music needs.

when you have access to PM's (means 1 month membership here), PM me for IPTorrents invite and to another tracker that you might enjoy.
i will only need to know from which country are you from and i will want evidences.

kukushka
11-25-2008, 04:43 AM
easy lazy way, avoiding fst: join what.cd on interview, work your ass to power user, get what you want from power user invite thread (100+ trackers)
anyway, while it's not hurting to listen to anyone's opinion here, the only thing that matters is to follow trackers rules. which can be a bit tricky, because different trackers have different visions about trading and giveaways.. more or less safe and reasonable way is to not trade (it's just not an option for a normal existense on bt world) at all and while making giveaways - to make sure that it's okay by trackers rules.. and don't act in haste, try to understand how all of the system work before taking some false steps )

Dnurg
11-25-2008, 04:17 PM
easy lazy way, avoiding fst: join what.cd on interview, work your ass to power user, get what you want from power user invite thread (100+ trackers)
Thanks. I'll try to become a power user, but it's so hard to seed on what... :(
But I'll try my best.

Night0wl
11-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Got to their forum and look at the guides for ripping music. Do Proper FLAC/LOG/CUE as well as tagging.

Include an image of the cover named folder.jpg

Naming standards for folder:

For single artist: Artist - Album (Year) [FLAC] {Extra info if any}
Track names: Tracknumber - Title

For Various Artists: VA - Album (Year) [FLAC] {Extra info if any}
Track Names: Tracknumber - Artist - Title

Remember to name the torrent the same way.

Make the descriptions as good and detailed as possible.

If a CD there isn't up to standards and you can replace it, Just upload and then report as dupe. That will make for easy seeding ;)