PDA

View Full Version : Is thepiratebay working for you?

Samfau2
11-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Whenever i try and load www.thepiratebay.org, one of my preferred torrent sties, i get a page load error. Its very unlike them to be down...can anyone get on? Is it just me?

phosphors
11-23-2008, 07:33 PM
why would you even use that crap when isohunt is way better...

cap87
11-23-2008, 07:41 PM
It's working fine here Samfau2.

Samfau2
11-23-2008, 08:01 PM
i also use isohunt, but i like to use both. Something must be up with my internet then. It's pretty wierd, pirate bay is the only website that isn't working. Everything else is fine. Any ideas??

Joshin
11-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Try getting into a private tracker :)

Samfau2
11-23-2008, 09:26 PM
i rarely use bit torrent, i have a usenet account with astraweb that i do any real downloading but for the odd application or bit of music i sometimes use torrents, and also use some private trackers.

But its just annoying me that i can't access this one site and i have know idea why

Sonnentier
11-23-2008, 09:38 PM
I can access it as usual, so I guess it's a problem at your end.

You could do some diagnostics, maybe they help understand the problem...
try to ping and to traceroute piratebay if you want

launch command line interpreter (start, run, cmd, ok) and enter
ping thepiratebay.org

Packets are sent to the destination. If it is reachable, it should get them and send confirmations back.
You can see how fast this roundtrip was, or in case of problems, it just tells you that there was no answer back.

tracert thepiratebay.org
this sends packets with increased time-to-live step by step, so you can reconstruct what path your packets take.
with every higher ttl you are one hop further until an expiration message is returned

If there's a problem along the route, you might see that the trace silts up at that point.

H&K
11-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Works here, thought i like BT Junkie for my public demands :P

Detale
11-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Maybe you're banned:unsure:

Cabalo
11-23-2008, 11:46 PM

:lol: that would be something new in this crazy crazy world.

Elpigle
11-24-2008, 12:18 AM
What Is Thepiratebay :P

Albo Da Kid
11-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Works here, thought i like BT Junkie for my public demands :P

lol if that is true than imagine how quick his account will get banned in a private tracker.

Samfau2
11-24-2008, 06:58 PM

I hope not :lol:

I can access it as usual, so I guess it's a problem at your end.

You could do some diagnostics, maybe they help understand the problem...
try to ping and to traceroute piratebay if you want

launch command line interpreter (start, run, cmd, ok) and enter
ping thepiratebay.org

Packets are sent to the destination. If it is reachable, it should get them and send confirmations back.
You can see how fast this roundtrip was, or in case of problems, it just tells you that there was no answer back.

tracert thepiratebay.org
this sends packets with increased time-to-live step by step, so you can reconstruct what path your packets take.
with every higher ttl you are one hop further until an expiration message is returned

If there's a problem along the route, you might see that the trace silts up at that point.

Thanks for the tips, i can ping it fine but when i try the tracert command the requests time out. I'm not quite sure what this means though.

Any idea what i should try next?

EDIT: I left it on for a while and on the 19th try it managed to complete the trace

bolie
11-24-2008, 07:13 PM

:lol: that would be something new in this crazy crazy world.
Thats not new...:noes: He has perhaps a country-ban... (like demonoid did...:whistling)

Samfau2
11-24-2008, 07:17 PM
im pretty sure im not banned...

ukgenius
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
hahaha I don't think I have used thepiratebay for about a year

b1oodyh3ll
11-24-2008, 10:58 PM
who is your provider? are u in the usa?

im pretty sure im not banned...