PDA

View Full Version : Should traders be allowed to post in the request section

daffy.duck
11-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Was gonna make a poll but it appears that I can't :wacko:
Anyhow like the title states should anyone who posts, whether it be a comment or thread, in the trading section be allowed to post in the request and giveaway section?
Of course there would be some kind of time period passing where if you don't post in that section, you can post in the giveaway section. Let's say probably 3 months.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2008, 03:09 PM
You're being a little totalitarian aren't you?

PlayeR
11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Yes. I think it is fine for anybody to post anywhere they want. It is a forum after all
and since I dont find any valid reasons to forbid them to post in Giveaway section. so it is all fine

most of the members who post in bittorrent section regularly were/are traders anyway. some of them are retired and turn against their fellow traders. some of them still trade.

ajsi
11-24-2008, 03:10 PM
it can't be done mate, double accounts and all, i really don't think it's possible.

phosphors
11-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Should dumb assholes like you be allowed to exist?.Quiet n00b...

mshassy
11-24-2008, 03:19 PM
nobody is perfect
so its little bit hard to do practically

uzer
11-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I hate traders

cap87
11-24-2008, 03:29 PM
I have a better idea: Close trading section.

joni22
11-24-2008, 03:32 PM
:D:naughty::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::naughty::D

ajsi
11-24-2008, 03:32 PM
unfortunately that will never happen and we both know that. fortunately, there are places where we are not bothered by things like this :)

cap87
11-24-2008, 03:50 PM
unfortunately that will never happen and we both know that. fortunately, there are places where we are not bothered by things like this :)

amen to that ;)

pharaoh
11-24-2008, 04:00 PM
lol thanks for this. It will make me laugh all day. Most people that give away invites were once traders at one time but now they have everything they need. So they give the invite away because what good is trading if you already have what you need. I think it was foolish to separate the two forums in the first place (trader-giveaway section). And to think if an anti-trader was offered a trade for an invite they had, for a site they have wet dreams about getting into. They wouldn't do it makes me laugh harder! It's bullshit like this that makes me wonder why i give my invites away.

The Wanderer
11-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Fail... epic fail. :lol:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3138/3052349005_246745d21e_o.jpg

Of course there would be some kind of time period passing where if you don't post in that section, you can post in the giveaway section. Let's say probably 3 months.

Only 3 months?:unsure: You are way too generous. :yup:

jasperr
11-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Should dumb assholes like you be allowed to exist?.Quiet n00b...

its comments like this that makes the traders look like scum..... :pinch:

integral
11-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Of course they should be allowed. Only a fool would help their requests, though. :)

apextwin146
11-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Anyhow like the title states should anyone who posts, whether it be a comment or thread, in the trading section be allowed to post in the request and giveaway section?
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll41/gabb735/DaffyDuckPWN-1.jpg

ducks are known to be totalitarian .. It was proved in a recent discovery channel series .. I think playeR can probably elaborate on it .. Too bad they arnt in US political circle

cinephilia
11-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Traders shouldn't be allowed to make requests and it's not a matter of totalitarism...

They trade to get their invites/accounts and they would like to take advantage of the generosity of people who don't trade ? lol...
Keep in mind that requests and giveaways are the only way for non traders to get invited in a tracker so i think that traders shouldn't have the right to "steal" non traders chance...

ghurka
11-24-2008, 06:46 PM
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter.As you don't even have access yet to the sections you are commenting on I really don't think you have the right to pass comment on those sections.

The fact is that there are lots of useful comments from non-traders within the trading section so it will never happen.

Besides you will have some that trade elsewhere and might come here specifically for the giveaways so you still don't know who's the trader and who's not.

Don't even consider a poll unless you really want to get slated.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2008, 06:58 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll41/gabb735/DaffyDuckPWN-1.jpg

ducks are known to be totalitarian .. It was proved in a recent discovery channel series .. I think playeR can probably elaborate on it .. Too bad they arnt in US political circle

True all water fowl are Nazis.
Proof follows

http://www.thegermansbombedourchippy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/goose-step.JPG

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/489066271_efcd71bd7a.jpg?v=0

piratebot
11-24-2008, 08:17 PM
it's like you guys think traders are the scum of the earth and people who do giveaways are like people who donate to charity. so much so that some people feel compelled to add 'anti-trader' to their sig, and some even take it a step further by spamming useless messages in the ga/req section. the fact is, trades and giveaways are both against the rules of every well-known tracker.

phosphors
11-24-2008, 08:22 PM
it's like you guys think traders are the scum of the earth and people who do giveaways are like people who donate to charity. so much so that some people feel compelled to add 'anti-trader' to their sig, and some even take it a step further by spamming useless messages in the ga/req section. the fact is, trades and giveaways are both against the rules of every well-known tracker.

giving invite to someone you've never seen or met is against tracker rules...but no one on fst follows this rule.

Cabalo
11-24-2008, 08:25 PM
ok, daffy duck. are you another bugs.bunny clone? which also was a previous clone of we-know-who?
because you seem to know a lot for someone that just just registered here.

and no, your idea makes no sense. Nor those asswipes that put anti-trading in either the sig or the user title. because we all know that if they were offered a FTN/rabbit/FSC/wheelmods, etc invite for some invite they had, they wouldn't hesitate.
or can you imagine this: "no, i won't give you one of my 10 bitgamer invites, because i don't trade. i will wait for someone to offer me one FTN for free and i will not accept this trade."

it's incredible the amount of liars, scammers, cheaters, dissimulated traders that lurk around here.
i'd only invite someone here after knowing a LOT about that person in advance, and i already made a mistake with a known user here, that was later banned for scamming, dupe accounts, etc etc.

so, let's grab some popcorn and watch hypocrites do their game here !

Look at joni22 sig: anti-trader... now look at his BT rep.... FFS... go away noob.

pone44
11-24-2008, 09:28 PM
NO!!!!! I wish there was NO trading here!

A request should be genuine. There are good members here!

Point is that you should know the person who you plan on inviting.

The 2 accounts for regular members thing makes that hard here.

IdolEyes787
11-24-2008, 09:43 PM

OK you want a "serious" answer as opposed to my usual "spam" I will give you one.

I don't believe in witch hunts and in my considered opinion it is neither my duty to censure others or act as some sort of secret police for various trackers here.

Whatever my personal opinion of the morality of trading, as it exists FST is neutral ground.People other than tracker staff(who would be remiss in their duty elsewise) should wage their wars elsewhere.

It may shock you but a few of the people tainted with the label of trader here are actually remarkably nice human beings who simply who fail to share a certain viewpoint with us.It doesn't not necessarily make them "the scum of the earth"(although some are) anymore than your ignorance does you .

The onus here is ,as it should be, on each individual to determine what is the best course to take.
Banning traders(or rather forcing them underground) won't change that.

Now piratebot is that isn't a good enough answer for you I suggest you loosen your panties because they are cutting off the flow of blood to your brain.

puckface
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Really, Ive said it before and I will say it again.

Trading in the trading section and giving invites away in the the request/offer section are the same exact thing. You are a) breaking the rules of every tracker I know of by trading OR giving invites to someone you dont know (dont say you know them or there wouldnt be a section for requests, you would just give them to these people you know). b) You are putting your beloved tracker at risk by giving away OR trading invites.

In a nutshell, people who give away invites who call traders subhuman and scum are pretty much the same thing. You break the rules either way. Now can everyone just shut up about traders?

WhoopDeDoo
11-24-2008, 11:04 PM
I hate traders
LOL, thanks for the laugh. My bet is that's your second account here, or you're trying to flex your e-peen and say you're not a trader here to get some free invites. There's no such thing as an anti-trader. If you receive invites from someone who isn't a close friend, or who you just met in the past week, you're breaking rules regardless. Private trackers wouldn't exist without traders/giveaways/forums like these. We're the ones that populate your favorite places to download from. Here, I'll name how I got my invites:

Waffles - Friend.
What.CD - Request here.
iPlay - Open signups.
TranceRoute - Trade.
Torrentleech - Friend.
TranceTraffic - Shared account.

Does it make me a bad person because I made one trade? Disregard the fact that I'm still a member there, and have not cheated/traded/done anything but use the account and buffer it as much as possible by seeding back to the community.

So you idiots who think traders are scum tell me, am I the "bad guy" for using what I trade for?

slymester
11-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I hate traders
http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:k0ptHMNme-9H3M:http://www.subtend.net/~peter/images/orly.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/6g906b.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2v2h5qh.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/sllovk.jpg
http://www.realpoor.com/viewtopic.php?t=172955&hpr=Bitmetv__RevTT

lysine
11-24-2008, 11:29 PM
lol. that was two days ago, he's changed his ways now!

piratebot
11-24-2008, 11:35 PM

OK you want a "serious" answer as opposed to my usual "spam" I will give you one.

I don't believe in witch hunts and in my considered opinion it is neither my duty to censure others or act as some sort of secret police for various trackers here.

Whatever my personal opinion of the morality of trading, as it exists FST is neutral ground.People other than tracker staff(who would be remiss in their duty elsewise) should wage their wars elsewhere.

It may shock you but a few of the people tainted with the label of trader here are actually remarkably nice human beings who simply who fail to share a certain viewpoint with us.It doesn't not necessarily make them "the scum of the earth"(although some are) anymore than your ignorance does you .

The onus here is ,as it should be, on each individual to determine what is the best course to take.
Banning traders(or rather forcing them underground) won't change that.

Now piratebot is that isn't a good enough answer for you I suggest you loosen your panties because they are cutting off the flow of blood to your brain.
i like how you took that personally even though my post wasn't directly towards you.

this anti-trader front that people have is ridiculous.

danio
11-24-2008, 11:39 PM
lol. that was two days ago, he's changed his ways now!

pwned

Cabalo
11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
I hate traders

http://www.own3d.at/players/4617/gallery/owned.jpg

NA_Magus
11-25-2008, 03:39 AM
Wow way make yourself look like a fucking hypocrite. I'm certain somebody must've scammed you, eh uzer?

OT: It doesn't directly affect me either way as I've never traded nor intend to.

Epik.
11-25-2008, 04:07 AM
personally, i think not

apextwin146
11-25-2008, 04:28 AM
what makes me laugh is the whole thing about getting to know the person ur inviting in order to give them the invite .. So you really think that you can actually know someone over the internet? You are always taking a risk by trading/giving away invites here .. There is no guarantee that the person whom you have been friends with for a month or longer wont screw you back at the places you have invited him/her .. Its too easy to pretend to be someone else on the internet .. You can never be sure .. In the end as idol said its a decision you have to make ..

Night0wl
11-25-2008, 05:02 AM
since I like my right to go into trading section and call someone a moron, when they trade some good tracker for something just to get higher level, I guess they should be allowed to post in the regular invite section as well.

On the other hand I think account giveaways/request should go in trading section.

Edit: or better yet make a separate section for it. Would be easy to spot who not to invite anywhere.

derstev
11-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I think regardless of personal opinion you cant be banning members from posting forums. Anyones entitled to ask, itsup to the inviter who get invited.

Rikikii
11-25-2008, 02:09 PM
F*ck, no!

crooked
11-25-2008, 03:27 PM
No, they shouldn't!

Peanut
11-25-2008, 06:58 PM
JUST THE Internet ,,,,,