PDA

View Full Version : The Clover gives out Timed Invites

KushBlow
11-24-2008, 05:06 PM
hey guys it's a trap :shifty: don't hand out invites. only to your friends! not in a giveaway forum.

womanizer
11-24-2008, 05:07 PM
they will disable accounts or what

ajsi
11-24-2008, 05:10 PM
they will disable accounts or what
bingo. you can bet on that

KushBlow
11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
yeah they will disable your account, they treat giveaways like trading. so BE CAREFUL AND ONLY GIVEAWAY AN INVITE IF YOU WANT TO RISK YOUR ACC.

DeNeDe17
11-24-2008, 05:19 PM
:-ss

jasperr
11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
i can confirm one account is gone right now...

make that 2 gone... lmao

Magnum
11-24-2008, 05:32 PM
i can confirm one account is gone right now...
Good job jasperr!

That happens if you do not respect the rules :P

Roooney
11-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Don't think I will use my invite. I have no friends who deserve to get into ScL:lol:

killercam101
11-24-2008, 06:18 PM
I just invited...Butch Cassidy And The Sundance kid..expect lvl 10 status

Magnum
11-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I just invited...Butch Cassidy And The Sundance kid..expect lvl 10 status
:D:D:D:naughty::naughty::naughty:

ben99
11-24-2008, 06:31 PM
desperate moves to bring in new blood..

jasperr
11-24-2008, 06:49 PM

desperate ??? hardly...... smart to increase the userbase... it's a pitty some only want it for trade though.. no worries.. they'll get banned soon enough

orgzzs
11-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow

LubTheStaringCat
11-24-2008, 08:07 PM
It's good news they gave out Invites, not's so good If some get disabled for using them.
SCL Is a great tracker dont get me wrong, but If some get disabled for using then It sounds like a no brainer to me.

Cabalo
11-24-2008, 08:14 PM

right on the point. they've tried open signups, now this.
seems something must be changed there.

Raban
11-24-2008, 09:38 PM
'timed invites' ... it does seem like a desperate move ... whatever i won't be using mine

puckface
11-24-2008, 09:48 PM
'timed invites' ... it does seem like a desperate move ... whatever i won't be using mine

same

th0r
11-24-2008, 11:17 PM
i miss that place ;{

leedspete
11-24-2008, 11:20 PM
can someone give me invite or do you need proof

Enzo
11-24-2008, 11:55 PM

i agree.. TO bring more flesh and more donations maybe

Cabalo
11-25-2008, 12:01 AM
can someone give me invite or do you need proof

i would need a proof that you are able to read rules, first.

tX
11-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I should try doing a GA and see if they can get me

I mean, my account is probably gonna end up dying from inactivity anyway :rolleyes:

PlayeR
11-25-2008, 03:31 PM
why not just ask them to disable your acc? you dont need to make a GA.
I had 2 invites before and I did not use it at all.
now they give 1 invite. and I think I wont use it too.

ryan20021982
11-25-2008, 06:29 PM
All gone

hayden61108
11-26-2008, 12:13 AM
i got one, and its gone now :)

pone44
11-26-2008, 12:20 AM
That's great for whoever invited you. :frusty:

I should try doing a GA and see if they can get me

I mean, my account is probably gonna end up dying from inactivity anyway :rolleyes:

nthpeter
11-26-2008, 12:23 AM
I got banned from there, beacuse of inactivity (a 1337 worthless tracker in my eyes... :D )

CPC464
11-26-2008, 12:27 AM
i had 2 invites for ages and never used them, they were taken away a few weeks ago. this invite must have been given and taken away very quickly because i never even saw it.

monk3y
11-26-2008, 12:28 AM
asked them to cancel my account a few months ago and i don't regret doing that.

their uploaders group are just a bunch of whiners.

Stranger99
11-26-2008, 06:45 AM
why not just ask them to disable your acc? you dont need to make a GA.
I had 2 invites before and I did not use it at all.
now they give 1 invite. and I think I wont use it too.

genius :dry:

TakeMS
11-26-2008, 07:57 AM
scl is a pile of :shit: traker with simpatik staff.
it sux big time and most ppl there jst dl to keep acc alive, and say they r members of "elite" trakcer, which scl is not, had open signups even. tracker will not be better than what is now.
they wantd be next ftn/fsc but true is they never be there.

nthpeter
11-26-2008, 11:35 AM
it sux big time and most ppl there jst dl to keep acc alive, and say they r members of "elite" trakcer, which scl is not, had open signups even. tracker will not be better than what is now.

So true ;)

mshassy
11-26-2008, 12:35 PM

Me second it!

addiction
11-26-2008, 12:56 PM
I think 3000 members is a little to small

RainbowLJ
11-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I saw about 100 invites given away in invite forums, which is not a rule violation. Anyway I got one and joined and it is the most overated piece of shit trackers i have ever used. less than 3000 members LOL

pone44
11-26-2008, 04:56 PM
@ RainbowLJ- delete your account then!

TakeMS-You a member there? Why insult a whole site and staff?

I hear different, the staff is fair and is a great site!

Maybe we have different opinions. Not cool to diss the whole site/staff like that though. :no:

DrParker
11-27-2008, 01:31 AM
ohhhhh stfu already with ur noobies comments if u dont like it delete ur account and stop the spam.and if u think u can do a better tracker-we are waiting..

th0r
11-27-2008, 03:47 AM
see . . . they can't, and that's why they're crying

and say they r members of "elite" trakcer, which scl is not, had open signups even.hey, captain tears, *whispers* ftn had open signups when it first opened, and tb has open signups regularly *whispers*

they wantd be next ftn/fsc but true is they never be there.you know, that's a bold (LOLOL) comment, especially since those trackers are over 3 years old, and ScL is barely 1 year old

i don't think your pants are big-boy enough to comment further, i think it's time for you to go sit in the corner, mkay?

GXice
11-27-2008, 05:04 AM
You guys are pathetic. Having the nerve to ask for invites only to then bitch and complain about how its "too elite" and how the uploaders suck. I'm glad its only got a 3000 limit, it means worthless collectors like you won't get in.

"Oh well, this one sucks, lets try the next one." Try to have some dignity please, no tracker wants users like you.

jasperr
11-27-2008, 05:18 AM
sounds to me like some folks are just looking for some brownie points thinking it'll help them get into some where's, where they think the grass is greener

Albo Da Kid
11-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Oh cmon now with the insults. That's only going to hurt a tracker rather than helping it improve, which it has been lately.

Stranger99
11-27-2008, 01:33 PM
The Clover gives out Timed Invites

All the traders get alert :lol:

slymester
01-13-2009, 07:44 PM
not a member but it seems like they gave out 'timed' invites again.

Cabalo
01-13-2009, 08:01 PM
yeah, you can see it in all the giveaways and trades.
Many future ex-members on those threads :yes:

Di@monds
01-13-2009, 08:19 PM
ppl dont be so disrespectful, you know how many hours(work) they have put on em just for you? Im not member of scl so dont say scl fan or bs pls.

vic
01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
most staff is ok, sysop is the problem from what i've heard.

( not a member there )

dragoi92
01-13-2009, 08:52 PM
i dont know why u want to giveway scl since we all know that they are only for friend not for public forums

stoi
01-13-2009, 08:53 PM
i dont know why u want to giveway scl since we all know that they are only for friend not for public forums

hmm so are most trackers, but that does not stop them.

noAxx
01-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Frankly, I hate these damn timed invites. I am sure I have friends who could do fine there, and would like to get on. But I'd rather have the luxury of time, so that I don't feel pressured to use them or lose them. And really, this is the site's biggest problem. The content isn't great either,but it is good enough if you have a supplemental 0day site. Otherwise, it is a very well done site, the kind that I'd like to actually bring others into.

puckface
01-13-2009, 11:05 PM
Frankly, I hate these damn timed invites. I am sure I have friends who could do fine there, and would like to get on. But I'd rather have the luxury of time, so that I don't feel pressured to use them or lose them. And really, this is the site's biggest problem. The content isn't great either,but it is good enough if you have a supplemental 0day site. Otherwise, it is a very well done site, the kind that I'd like to actually bring others into.

word

stoi
01-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Well I dont agree.

as you know I run a torrent site, and the amount of crap we get through the doors is silly.

If we open up dupe accounts, if we give invites/referrals, selling, trading them, bringing in cheaters, just not caring as long as they get what they want (cash or into another tracker).

and the big problem is, its only getting worse, not better, with the more people getting involved in bitorrent, the more idiots we are getting.

tbh i have just put this idea to our staff, if we give 200 members every 6 hours referrals, and we see one on ebay/here/any public forum for giveaway ir trade, it is very easy to track them down, especially if the invites are hard to get, and only a handful of members get them in that time period.

So i think this is a great idea, that hopefully we will be bringing in sometime in the future, because i am sick of getting crap.

Albo Da Kid
01-13-2009, 11:44 PM
tbh i have just put this idea to our staff, if we give 200 members every 6 hours referrals, and we see one on ebay/here/any public forum for giveaway ir trade, it is very easy to track them down, especially if the invites are hard to get, and only a handful of members get them in that time period.

Good idea. It will definitely help but it will not solve any major problems. Out of those 200, lets say 10 are invite sellers/traders. You will waste a lot of time finding out who those 10 are(as most invite sellers don't use the same ip or username). The thing is that you will have to find them quick, because it's the other 200 people's turn for referrals.
This will inject fear in some sellers and traders, but it wont stop them from doing what they want to do.

stoi
01-13-2009, 11:47 PM
so we just ban all 10 (you think i am joking)

Albo Da Kid
01-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Yea but it will take time to find out who the 10 crooked ones are. You can't just pick out 10 random users and ban them.

stoi
01-14-2009, 12:39 AM
I dont think you get my drift.

it will be hard to get referrals, what you do and what your referrers do every month will dictate if you get them or not.

if you get the required "points" you get a referral that month, but you can only use them between 12pm and 6pm on 1 day of that month, for example.

the staff will have a page of who has invites at that time, we see a giveaway or a trade, we check that page, if 10 members have referrals and we cant work out which it is, we just ban the lot.

simple really lol but it will be hard to get them, so i dont even think 10 will get them in all honesty.

+ you will need badge of honour, 6 months member, 200gig downloaded or 500 gig uploaded, and certain activity on the tracker on a monthly basis to even get 1. and only 9,500 members have all of those. (apart from the monthly activity obviously)

Albo Da Kid
01-14-2009, 12:53 AM
^holy sh*t it makes sense. Sure it will be a lot of observation and hard work from the staff, but it can work. Good thinking and i hope you put it to test soon. I'm curious to see the results.

Duckater
01-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Just ban invites to trackers I say then all good ones will be level 10 and no one else will get in unless staff get them in :)
I am thinking of going that way :)

nbo
01-14-2009, 01:03 AM
while that might be the best solution it's very unfair and i know the frustrating feeling of putting a shit load of time into a tracker you like, which took you long enough to get into from the start, and then out of no where shit knocks on your door and you are banned with no explanation, worst case scenario you go to their IRC to try to make sense of things but there are a bunch of teenager nerds who finally feel like the have some form of power over you and they basically don't know shit.

Of course they all call it sharing, but give them a few bucks and if you were in those 10 you wont get banned, regardless of your ratio.

So after hearing it from the top i guess you can say we brought it upon ourselves so we gotta live with it, but as far as i'm concerned it's uncool.

stoi
01-14-2009, 01:22 AM
A: i trust my staff to make correct decisions, only Admin and above can ban

B: I dont think any are power crazy

C: What has cash got to do with this, even if you said to me, i wil pay the servers for the next month, you would still be banned.

D: we have IRC for you to clear your name, not to make fun of you.

But in a classroom if 1 kid is naughty the entire class gets punished, so why not the same system for this.

nbo
01-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Sorry if I wasnt clear on it, that wasnt addressed personally to your tracker, i was just generally replying to your statement.
I didnt say you guys specifically are like that (maybe yes, maybe no it's beside my point), but a handful of trackers are.

Duckater
01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Yes some trackers are run by young people but I do not consider site I am one of the owners of in that bracket most if not all senior staff are 30+ and experienced in the torrent world for a number of years.
Like stoi has stated above we only allow senior staff to ban members and we can be contacted if they feel we have been unjust towards them in any way and will check out every thing and get back to them.
We are not out to make any money out of the site and all monies donated (without exepction) are used for the site and weather or not u are not a donator to the site you have rules to follow and face the same punishments as other members if the rules for you are not followed, I must admit that we tend to get senior members of the staff to deal with donators where possible but do fully trust all of our staff, or they would not be staff :)
As for how other trackers are run that is there business and not mine and I have no intentions of going to them and say they are doing it wrong or right. I will give info/ideas if I think it will help and a few owners do come to me for advice etc and will freely answer but I know ways we do things will not work for other trackers and they have to find their own way of doing things :)

01-14-2009, 07:32 PM
but for the first time ever , my invite actually went to a RL friend so hopefully i dont get disabled